Respected reporter arrested

antony1969

pelmetman - 2018-09-28 8:38 AM

Violet1956 - 2018-09-27 5:09 PM

If the interests of justice demanded that reporting restrictions should be in place in respect of Tommy Robinson's retrial then such restrictions might prevent the journalists filming him outside the court. There are no such restrictions quite obviously because responsible journalists cognisant of the law don't breach it. Unlike our Tommy who demands that proper process is followed when he is on trial but is content to act in a manner which potentially denies that right to others.

I despair because we have been through this already including you being provided with links to the cases and the law that deals with contempt and in what circumstances reporting restrictions can be made. And don't forget reporting restrictions do not merely protect an accused, they protect complainants who may be denied the justice they are due unless they are imposed.

My problem is.... was he arrested to protect those on trial?.........

No.......can you not understand anything Veronica has gone to great lengths explaining to you? Do you know what 'reporting restrictions' mean? Do you understand they are in place to protect both accused and complainant? Do you know what contempt of court means?

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-09-28 2:20 PM

If the interests of justice demanded that reporting restrictions should be in place in respect of Tommy Robinson's retrial then such restrictions might prevent the journalists filming him outside the court. There are no such restrictions quite obviously because responsible journalists cognisant of the law don't breach it. Unlike our Tommy who demands that proper process is followed when he is on trial but is content to act in a manner which potentially denies that right to others.

I despair because we have been through this already including you being provided with links to the cases and the law that deals with contempt and in what circumstances reporting restrictions can be made. And don't forget reporting restrictions do not merely protect an accused, they protect complainants who may be denied the justice they are due unless they are imposed.

No.......can you not understand anything Veronica has gone to great lengths explaining to you? Do you know what 'reporting restrictions' mean? Do you understand they are in place to protect both accused and complainant? Do you know what contempt of court means?

I understand plenty about our So called Great British justice system......and its got very little to do with "Justice" as Mr Beckham proved only yesterday *-) ...........

There are a few things I'd like to know? >:-) ..........

Why was he banged up within 5 hours?........something that I've never heard happen before.........

Why was he moved form Hull prison to a prison where 1 in 3 were Muslim?.........

Was our So called great British justice system hoping one of those 1 in 3 inmates did away with Mr Robinson????? :-| ......

pelmetman - 2018-09-28 2:35 PM

I understand plenty about our So called Great British justice system......and its got very little to do with "Justice" as Mr Beckham proved only yesterday *-) ...........

Well it's 'the system' you held so dear to your Brexit hearts, lauding it as British justice for British in British courts, but the first taste you got of it you branded the judges 'enemies of the people' and cried foul!

I know about Beckhams case and believe me it hits a very sore point with me too as i'm currently embroiled in a very similar situation. But he got off on a technicality because the penalty notice was sent out one day later than it should have been. My case is a bit more complex but involves a catalogue of disastrous errors due to departments not communicating with each other, emails being ignored, important evidence conveniently being 'lost', and unresponsive phone calls. I'm unlikely to achieve the same success as Beckham.

Why was he banged up within 5 hours?........something that I've never heard happen before.........

That's what the current case is dealing with. Why it got adjourned i've no idea as both parties have had ample time to get their case in order.

Why was he moved form Hull prison to a prison where 1 in 3 were Muslim?........

No idea other than as an inmate you don't get to choose which prison you go to.

Was our So called great British justice system hoping one of those 1 in 3 inmates did away with Mr Robinson????? :-| ......

Absolutely not. HMP's are under more than enough pressure and strain as it is from prisoners self harming and/or committing suicide.

All this is due to massive cutbacks within the entire legal system including police, courts, and prisons....not only financial but professional manpower too. Much has been handed out to private contracts but we've seen the disasters resulting from that.

If people want a thoroughly professional and effective service then they have got to pay for it but Government have been trying to run it on a shoe string budget which hasn't worked and never will. As Jerry Hayes, barrister for the prosecution in the Liam Allan case said on discovering 'non-disclosure' of vital evidence which proved Liam Allans indisputable innocence, "the system isn't just creaking.....it's about to croak".

Bulletguy - 2018-09-28 2:13 PM

antony1969 - 2018-09-28 6:33 AM

If he could "question what the hell he likes" then the likes of you shouldn't have a problem with him , me or anyone questioning Islam but...

Within the law.... something which seems anathema to you. Questioning a political or religious based opinion is one thing, interfering with due process in law is quite another and can rightly lead to arrest and prosecution. None of us get to cherry pick bits and pieces of law we like and ignore those we dislike.....and that includes Yaxley-Lennon who, along with his misguided fools appear to have no concept of due process.

Fwiw i'm glad freedom of speech affords idiots like Yaxley-Lennon to say what he believes as that gives decent sane minded people the opportunity to see what they are dealing with and counter and challenge them.....in exactly the same way it does with any 'hate preachers' whether they be Muslim, Christian, or any other faith or political persuasion.

Your pretence about not knowing Yaxley-Lennon has history of football thuggery was also farcical as it's long been common knowledge, just as his conviction over £160 grand mortgage fraud, passport fraud, all well documented with criminal cases, not to mention his refusal to condemn convicted paedophiles within his own ranks his band of followers told everyone to "keep the info among ourselves because we don't want the left rubbing our noses in the dirt...". And this is the example you admiringly call 'respected'.

Islam is not and never has been "my religion" either. You're being very silly again with your usual ridiculous claims all because you can't get your own way so throw a hissy fit.

You are funny and provide good entertainment ... You bang on about respecting the law while not respecting democracy ... Couldn't make it up ... I don't understand the relevance of banging on about Mr Robinson's criminal record ... He talks quite openly about it and has never tried to hide it just like I wouldn't try to hide mine ... Does his criminal record somehow make the ills of Islam even more acceptable in your eyes or sumat princess ???

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-09-28 3:29 PM

I know about Beckhams case and believe me it hits a very sore point with me too as i'm currently embroiled in a very similar situation. But he got off on a technicality because the penalty notice was sent out one day later than it should have been. My case is a bit more complex but involves a catalogue of disastrous errors due to departments not communicating with each other, emails being ignored, important evidence conveniently being 'lost', and unresponsive phone calls. I'm unlikely to achieve the same success as Beckham.

So your not denying guilt? >:-) ............

Guest pelmetman

Absolutely not. .

So you know that for a fact? ;-) ...........Where's your evidence? :D .........

Guest pelmetman

All this is due to massive cutbacks within the entire legal system including police, courts, and prisons....not only financial but professional manpower too. Much has been handed out to private contracts but we've seen the disasters resulting from that.

According to a current serving prison officer we know with 14 years experience, the prison service wastes millions every year *-) ...........

It's not underfunded its just run by idiots >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-09-28 4:24 PM

According to a current serving prison officer we know with 14 years experience, the prison service wastes millions every year *-) ...........

A bit like the NHS then ... The waste we know of is unbulletalievable ... Jeremy'll sort it ... Hes guna borrow billions so those dipsticks can waste even more money ... Lordy

antony1969 - 2018-09-28 3:31 PM

If he could "question what the hell he likes" then the likes of you shouldn't have a problem with him , me or anyone questioning Islam but...

Within the law.... something which seems anathema to you. Questioning a political or religious based opinion is one thing, interfering with due process in law is quite another and can rightly lead to arrest and prosecution. None of us get to cherry pick bits and pieces of law we like and ignore those we dislike.....and that includes Yaxley-Lennon who, along with his misguided fools appear to have no concept of due process.

Fwiw i'm glad freedom of speech affords idiots like Yaxley-Lennon to say what he believes as that gives decent sane minded people the opportunity to see what they are dealing with and counter and challenge them.....in exactly the same way it does with any 'hate preachers' whether they be Muslim, Christian, or any other faith or political persuasion.

Your pretence about not knowing Yaxley-Lennon has history of football thuggery was also farcical as it's long been common knowledge, just as his conviction over £160 grand mortgage fraud, passport fraud, all well documented with criminal cases, not to mention his refusal to condemn convicted paedophiles within his own ranks his band of followers told everyone to "keep the info among ourselves because we don't want the left rubbing our noses in the dirt...". And this is the example you admiringly call 'respected'.

Islam is not and never has been "my religion" either. You're being very silly again with your usual ridiculous claims all because you can't get your own way so throw a hissy fit.

You are funny and provide good entertainment ... You bang on about respecting the law while not respecting democracy ... Couldn't make it up ... I don't understand the relevance of banging on about Mr Robinson's criminal record ... He talks quite openly about it and has never tried to hide it just like I wouldn't try to hide mine ... Does his criminal record somehow make the ills of Islam even more acceptable in your eyes or sumat princess ???

It's sad you find such serious matters 'funny and entertaining' but i wouldn't expect anything less from you. I've no idea what evidence you have to show i don't respect democracy....i look forward to seeing your 'evidence' of that and yes, you often resort to 'making it up' when you have your back to the wall. This is not the first time by any means and won't be the last.

You were being totally disingenuous about Yaxley-Lennons football thuggery just as you're now being flippantly dismissive over his appalling criminal history. You (justifiably) condemn paeodophilia when it involves anyone you believe to be Muslim, yet turn a blind eye when it involves any who are not.....such as members of a right wing extremist political group. Why would that be i wonder? Why does your disgust not extend beyond that of a Muslim paedophile when it's an established fact our most prolific paedophiles have all been white British? Not that paedophilia or any other form of sex offending is ethnic exclusive....but you've always given that impression on here.

Who are you including in your sweeping generalisation for the "ills of Islam".....every Muslim?

pelmetman - 2018-09-28 4:11 PM

So your not denying guilt? >:-) ............

Nope....never have or intended to but it's not about that at all, it relates to what i said in the post. I don't think Beckham denied his offence either.

pelmetman - 2018-09-28 4:15 PM

Absolutely not. .

So you know that for a fact? ;-) ...........Where's your evidence? :D .........

You've edited out the explanation. Obviously it didn't suit your agenda.

pelmetman - 2018-09-28 4:24 PM

The Government does.....on private companies such as G4S which became a national joke three weeks after taking charge of prisoner transport and lost seven prisoners. *-)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/comment/g4s-birmingham-prison-scandal-outsourcing-private-prisons-prisoner-transport-chief-inspector-of-a8499556.html

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/dec/23/g4s-prisons-contracts-hmp-birmingham

Being government, MoJ and Prisons minister who have overall responsibility. The buck stops there. It's about time they quit passing it.

As a side note......can't you multi quote in one single post instead of a swathe of separate postings?

Bulletguy - 2018-09-28 5:09 PM

antony1969 - 2018-09-28 3:31 PM

It's sad you find such serious matters 'funny and entertaining' but i wouldn't expect anything less from you. I've no idea what evidence you have to show i don't respect democracy....i look forward to seeing your 'evidence' of that and yes, you often resort to 'making it up' when you have your back to the wall. This is not the first time by any means and won't be the last.

You were being totally disingenuous about Yaxley-Lennons football thuggery just as you're now being flippantly dismissive over his appalling criminal history. You (justifiably) condemn paeodophilia when it involves anyone you believe to be Muslim, yet turn a blind eye when it involves any who are not.....such as members of a right wing extremist political group. Why would that be i wonder? Why does your disgust not extend beyond that of a Muslim paedophile when it's an established fact our most prolific paedophiles have all been white British? Not that paedophilia or any other form of sex offending is ethnic exclusive....but you've always given that impression on here.

Who are you including in your sweeping generalisation for the "ills of Islam".....every Muslim?

Princess you lose all credibility when you misquote me or try to say Ive said something I haven't ... I said you you were funny and good entertainment not the subject matter now didn't I ???... Your Hollywood style opening misquote on what I didn't say is something you specialise in sweetheart when faced with sumat you dislike ... If you apologise for your silliness we can continue like adults and maybe I can address your questions

Why was he moved form Hull prison to a prison where 1 in 3 were Muslim?.........

The answer to all of the questions you pose can be found in the decision of the Court of Appeal when they made the order for a retrial.Here is a link to it

https://www.judiciary.uk/judgments/r-v-stephen-yaxley-lennon-aka-tommy-robinson/

Seems to me that Tommy has a case for compensation due to the fact that he was not afforded the privileges that apply to those committed to prison for contempt. Whether he is found to be guilty of contempt is another matter. He has been afforded a right to go to law in order to resolve the issues that compromised his right to a fair trial. That's why I continue to maintain that rather than decrying our legal system, as Dave is inclined to do, we should be proud that in our country the law is applied without fear or favour, affection or ill will. Injustices can and will be remedied.

antony1969 - 2018-09-28 5:55 PM

Princess...

Seriously....how old are you? :-S

You can't 'address my questions' because they are awkward facts you can't face and prefer to remain ignorant of. I never expected any sensible answers from you so you haven't disappointed, just confirmed what i already knew.

Violet1956 - 2018-09-28 6:44 PM

The answer to all of the questions you pose can be found in the decision of the Court of Appeal when they made the order for a retrial.Here is a link to it

https://www.judiciary.uk/judgments/r-v-stephen-yaxley-lennon-aka-tommy-robinson/

Seems to me that Tommy has a case for compensation due to the fact that he was not afforded the privileges that apply to those committed to prison for contempt. Whether he is found to be guilty of contempt is another matter. He has been afforded a right to go to law in order to resolve the issues that compromised his right to a fair trial. That's why I continue to maintain that rather than decrying our legal system, as Dave is inclined to do, we should be proud that in our country the law is applied without fear or favour, affection or ill will. Injustices can and will be remedied.

I can think of far more worthy cases Veronica that came away with zilch, such as Victor Nealon who served 17 years (because he refused to admit guilt) incarceration for attempted rape and freed by a court of appeal when DNA evidence proved he couldn't have been the perpetrator. And lets not forget the gross miscarriage of justice Liam Allen suffered which came very close to putting an innocent young man behind bars on serious rape charges when all the time the real perpetrator who instigated the entire case had been his accuser....purely because he refused to indulge her warped sexual fantasies and ignored her bombardment of text messages.

Where is the compensation for people like them? And who is the real victim in cases such as theirs? The list is endless and way more serious than some lunatic with a political agenda breaching a court order and blatantly committing contempt of court.

Fwiw Yaxley-Lennon walked out of prison with over £20k stuffed into his bank account by his fanatics and supporters....including Trumps son which speaks volumes. His defence and costs are also being funded by a hard right pro-Israeli group MEF which begs the question, why?

https://www.meforum.org/articles/2018/mef-organizes-protest-in-support-of-tr

Israels long established newspaper, Haaretz, published an interesting article concerning this;

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-israeli-fanboys-boost-a-uk-far-right-anti-muslim-activist-s-campaign-1.6132882

Bulletguy - 2018-09-28 6:59 PM

Princess...

You can't 'address my questions' because they are awkward facts you can't face and prefer to remain ignorant of. I never expected any sensible answers from you so you haven't disappointed, just confirmed what i already knew.

Seriously ... Im a lot younger than you and I'll take it you aint guna apologise for for totally saying sumat I aint never said ??? A strange attempt to swerve and swivel out of stupidity from ya ... Your family must be proud that at least you managed not to name call for once ... Lordy

Bulletguy - 2018-09-28 7:37 PM

I can think of far more worthy cases Veronica that came away with zilch, such as Victor Nealon who served 17 years (because he refused to admit guilt) incarceration for attempted rape and freed by a court of appeal when DNA evidence proved he couldn't have been the perpetrator. And lets not forget the gross miscarriage of justice Liam Allen suffered which came very close to putting an innocent young man behind bars on serious rape charges when all the time the real perpetrator who instigated the entire case had been his accuser....purely because he refused to indulge her warped sexual fantasies and ignored her bombardment of text messages.

Where is the compensation for people like them? And who is the real victim in cases such as theirs? The list is endless and way more serious than some lunatic with a political agenda breaching a court order and blatantly committing contempt of court.

Fwiw Yaxley-Lennon walked out of prison with over £20k stuffed into his bank account by his fanatics and supporters....including Trumps son which speaks volumes. His defence and costs are also being funded by a hard right pro-Israeli group MEF which begs the question, why?

https://www.meforum.org/articles/2018/mef-organizes-protest-in-support-of-tr

Israels long established newspaper, Haaretz, published an interesting article concerning this;

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-israeli-fanboys-boost-a-uk-far-right-anti-muslim-activist-s-campaign-1.6132882

Mr Robinson isnt an elected member of parliament so where he gets donations from aint no ones business whereas Mr Tom Watson of those Labour types takes some serious wedge from all types of dodgers dont he princess ... Lordy what a hypocrite ... Again

antony1969 - 2018-09-28 7:49 PM

Princess...

Seriously ... Im a lot younger than you.

By 50+ years judging from your post content.

antony1969 - 2018-09-28 7:53 PM

Mr Robinson isnt an elected member of parliament....

Totally irrelevant. It's the source which is. And his name is Yaxley-Lennon not Robinson.

Bulletguy - 2018-09-28 8:34 PM

antony1969 - 2018-09-28 7:49 PM

Princess...

Seriously ... Im a lot younger than you.

By 50+ years judging from your post content.

antony1969 - 2018-09-28 7:53 PM

Mr Robinson isnt an elected member of parliament....

Totally irrelevant. It's the source which is. And his name is Yaxley-Lennon not Robinson.

Seems Mr Robinson has really got under ya skin ... So much so even calling him Mr Robinson seems to gripe ya ... So much for him saying what the hell he likes

Guest pelmetman

Cant find why he was moved from Hull prison? :-| ............

Did find a load of long winded cobblers :D ........

It's no wonder our So called Great British justice system is so farcical *-) .......

Time for a wholesale change methinks >:-) ........

A justice system which is operated by normal people dispensing natural justice B-) .......

I'd even be a judge for free >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-09-29 9:57 AM

It's no wonder our So called Great British justice system is so farcical *-) .......

A justice system which is operated by normal people dispensing natural justice B-) .......

Yes sorry the case doesn't explain why he was moved to Hull Prison. That's not a court decision The sentencing court doesn't decide on which jail is suitable. But I think you've swallowed a lie about the proportion of inmates in Hull Prison who are Muslim.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/tommy-robinson-moved-muslim-prison-14786200

"A load of long winded cobblers"....? You could just read the summary and you would still have a much better idea about why a retrial was ordered. I suspect Dave that you don't really want to understand because it doesn't fit in with what you want to believe. I think it unlikely that you would be given the opportunity to sit in judgement on others when you show such a propensity.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-09-29 11:52 AM

Yes sorry the case doesn't explain why he was moved to Hull Prison. That's not a court decision The sentencing court doesn't decide on which jail is suitable. But I think you've swallowed a lie about the proportion of inmates in Hull Prison who are Muslim.

He was moved to HMP Onley in Rugby from Hull prison ;-) .........

With a 30.4% Muslim population, which equates to 1 in 3 as Mr Robinson said >:-) ...........

So its not me who has swallowed a lie *-) ............

Guest pelmetman

I think it unlikely that you would be given the opportunity to sit in judgement on others when you show such a propensity.

That's handy as I wont be available for the next 6 months :D ...............

pelmetman - 2018-09-29 12:58 PM

I think it unlikely that you would be given the opportunity to sit in judgement on others when you show such a propensity.

That's handy as I wont be available for the next 6 months :D ...............

Maybe one of the resident members of the hypocrite club on ere can take your place ??? ... You coming back in time for Exit ??? ... Lordy wish I was going away for all those months to that lovely Europe ... Love Europe me xxx God Bless Europe

pelmetman - 2018-09-29 12:56 PM

With a 30.4% Muslim population, which equates to 1 in 3 as Mr Robinson said >:-) ...........

Apologies -my mistake I thought you were referring to Hull prison when you said 1 in 3 because I didn't read your post carefully enough.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-09-29 1:34 PM

pelmetman - 2018-09-29 12:56 PM

Apologies -my mistake I thought you were referring to Hull prison when you said 1 in 3 because I didn't read your post carefully enough.

WOT!.......Someone in the lawyering trade not reading the big print 8-) .........

It's alright ;-) ...........I wont demand a retrial :D ........

I'm happy to accept one nil to the village idiot B-) ..........

Archived