Day 253 and the boots changing to the other foot..........

Guest pelmetman

antony1969 - 2018-07-20 4:56 PM...………………..The UK doesnt have to enforce the border do they ??? ... "going back to the people" ... Chuckle ... Its looking like your worst no deal nightmare

So, let me see. No border in the Irish Sea, and no border with the Irish Republic. But, no border between Ireland and the rest of the EU. Immigrant heaven! I'm surprised at you championing that idea Antony! :-D

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Kirby - 2018-07-20 5:03 PM

antony1969 - 2018-07-20 4:56 PM...………………..The UK doesnt have to enforce the border do they ??? ... "going back to the people" ... Chuckle ... Its looking like your worst no deal nightmare

So, let me see. No border in the Irish Sea, and no border with the Irish Republic. But, no border between Ireland and the rest of the EU. Immigrant heaven! I'm surprised at you championing that idea Antony! :-D

Eh ??? ... I didn't say we wouldnt have border did I ??? ... Enforcing it is a different question and to what level you enforce it

antony1969 - 2018-07-20 5:17 PM...…………...Eh ??? ... I didn't say we wouldnt have border did I ??? ... Enforcing it is a different question and to what level you enforce it

Well, Antony, the EU have said they won't create a border between The Irish Republic and Ulster, so where's your border to go?

Brian Kirby - 2018-07-20 5:36 PM

antony1969 - 2018-07-20 5:17 PM...…………...Eh ??? ... I didn't say we wouldnt have border did I ??? ... Enforcing it is a different question and to what level you enforce it

Well, Antony, the EU have said they won't create a border between The Irish Republic and Ulster, so where's your border to go?

Well if the EU have said they wont create a border and the UK dont have to enforce a border whats the problem business wise ??? ... If its purely down to chancer migrants getting through at the Irish border well its happening now so hardly just a Brexit problem ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44336357

<<< so just stop paying the HP company. Try it some time, and see what happens next! >>>

Hi,

If you have a HIRE PURCHASE agreement, read the small print. Provided you have paid half the sale price (which can include the deposit), are not in arrears, and the goods are still in good condition, you can ask the HP company to come and collect theirs goods. Make sure that you DO tell them you are ending the contact.

My wife did exactly that.

The HP company wrote to say that the car had been sold at auction, with a £700 shortfall, and what did she intend to do about it. She wrote back, reffering them to the terms of the contract, and heard no more about it.

Legally, there is no such thing as a "trade in". The dealer buys you car, and you buy his. That might be a useful way of squeezing the last dpop of blood out of a clunker.

antony1969 - 2018-07-20 6:17 PM

Well if the EU have said they wont create a border and the UK dont have to enforce a border whats the problem business wise ??? ... If its purely down to chancer migrants getting through at the Irish border well its happening now so hardly just a Brexit problem ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44336357

But, post Brexit we'll presumably have stricter border controls along the Channel, so ferries from France to Ireland, where their is free movement, will presumably become much more attractive - especially if the border with Ulster remains as it is now. That will force someone to react, and in reacting, put the Belfast accord in jeopardy. If that happens you'll have bombs, as well as migrants, in Uddersfield!

There is no way to solve the Irish border problem without single market and cu membership or in other words staying in the EU. no deal just can't be allowed to happen and there would be no majority to allow it in parliament but at the same time there is total impasse and they are never going to agree. I can see a real possibility that despite what they have said they will have to go back to the people as the Brexit they signed up for which remember included a super deal with all the benefits we have now is basically undeliverable.

I dunno what the options would be. Remain or leave with no deal I guess. It's just possible that could backfire though although I doubt it once people realise they were conned in the first place but the media of course will try and fool them again with cries of project fear, traitors, betrayal Etc but I don't think the public are completely stupid.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-07-20 7:59 PM

But, post Brexit we'll presumably have stricter border controls along the Channel, so ferries from France to Ireland, where their is free movement, will presumably become much more attractive - especially if the border with Ulster remains as it is now. That will force someone to react, and in reacting, put the Belfast accord in jeopardy. If that happens you'll have bombs, as well as migrants, in Uddersfield!

How desperate you Remoaners are getting (lol) (lol) (lol) ...............

Now the Provies are gonna blow us up >:-) ..........

I thought they wanted a united Ireland not a United Europe? *-) ................

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-07-20 9:31 PM

There is no way to solve the Irish border problem without single market and cu membership or in other words staying in the EU. no deal just can't be allowed to happen and there would be no majority to allow it in parliament but at the same time there is total impasse and they are never going to agree. I can see a real possibility that despite what they have said they will have to go back to the people as the Brexit they signed up for which remember included a super deal with all the benefits we have now is basically undeliverable.

I dunno what the options would be. Remain or leave with no deal I guess. It's just possible that could backfire though although I doubt it once people realise they were conned in the first place but the media of course will try and fool them again with cries of project fear, traitors, betrayal Etc but I don't think the public are completely stupid.

Correct they're not completely stupid ;-) ............

Only 48% believed the Remoaner "Expert" lies >:-) .......

Brian Kirby - 2018-07-20 7:59 PM

We've had bombing just up the road ... We've had bomb makers and we've defo got migrants so nowt's new for this old town and given my towns Muslim population I'd say the threat from Irish nationalists bombing and killing here is minuscule compared to the chances of being killed by some Muslim nut job ... Strikes me the Irish border issue is just another reason for remoaners to moan ... When did they ever previously give a fudge about the border ... Talking up the threat from the return of Irish terrorism doesnt mean its likely or will happen

Barryd999 - 2018-07-20 9:31 PM

Lordy ... "go back to the people ... undeliverable ... conned ... completely stupid" ... Thats without "the media of course will try and fool them again" ... What a patronising post

When even a BBC presenter gets it you know your in trouble ...

antony1969 - 2018-07-21 7:23 AM......……………….. Talking up the threat from the return of Irish terrorism doesnt mean its likely or will happen

Not talking it up, Antony, just recognising it. Failing to sort out the border raises the risk. OTOH, talking it down definitely doesn't mean it won't happen. It's just an inconvenient truth, isn't it?

pelmetman - 2018-07-21 7:12 AM..................….How desperate you Remoaners are getting (lol) (lol) (lol) ...............

I thought they wanted a united Ireland not a United Europe? *-) ................

Yes Dave, and that was their objective when they were bombing both sides of the Irish Sea during the 40 years up to the 1998 Peace Agreement. Both the IRA and the UVF are still there, and both are still armed. You need to get clued up on that period before you dismiss the risk out of hand.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-07-21 7:55 AM

pelmetman - 2018-07-21 7:12 AM..................….How desperate you Remoaners are getting (lol) (lol) (lol) ...............

Yes Dave, and that was their objective when they were bombing both sides of the Irish Sea during the 40 years up to the 1998 Peace Agreement. Both the IRA and the UVF are still there, and both are still armed. You need to get clued up on that period before you dismiss the risk out of hand.

As I understand it Mrs May say's "we" will not put in border controls ;-) ...........

So if we don't then who will...........The Irish?..........The EU? >:-) ........

Looks more like there is a risk of bombs in Dublin or Brussels to me :D .............

Brian Kirby - 2018-07-20 4:58 PM

pelmetman - 2018-07-20 2:51 PM.......................No deal means No bill *-) ..........If there's no deal it means we haven't signed anything ;-) .........

Well, here's a few things we've signed. These are the main treaties we have entered into in joining, and belonging to, the EU: Treaty of Lisbon, Treaty of Nice, Treaty of Amsterdam, Treaty on European Union - Maastricht Treaty, Single European Act, Merger Treaty - Brussels Treaty, Treaties of Rome : EEC and EURATOM treaties, Treaty establishing the European Coal and Steel Community. Within each of those treaties we have obligations. If we break those obligations, we have to pay the amounts outstanding from our obligations.

Don't forget the Le Touquet Treaty also Brian....you know, that one which would really mean "taking back control" (of our borders). Something which Brexiteers crowed gleefully about during the honeymoon period post referendum, yet now for some curious reason.....don't want that border back on British soil.....i can't think why! ;-)

You seem to think we can walk out in the same way you can buy a car on HP, and then decide you don't want the car any more, so just stop paying the HP company. Try it some time, and see what happens next! :-D

Good analogy. I get the impression that's how most of 'em seem to live. 8-)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-07-21 7:55 AM

Its a risk I'm prepared to take ;-) ..........

Like I'm prepared for a party in 251 days time B-) ..........

Maybe you Remoaners should prepare by stocking up with these (lol) .........

https://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk/incontinence-pants.html?gclid=CjwKCAjws8vaBRBFEiwAQfhs-EYJXVHWeJ-J3g4TOFjIRMo4JVQksp6H0QBSB5fg_lQtRNhEyjUJFBoCc8EQAvD_BwE

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-07-21 7:48 AM

antony1969 - 2018-07-21 7:23 AM......……………….. Talking up the threat from the return of Irish terrorism doesnt mean its likely or will happen

Not talking it up, Antony, just recognising it. Failing to sort out the border raises the risk. OTOH, talking it down definitely doesn't mean it won't happen. It's just an inconvenient truth, isn't it?

Which bit of Mrs May saying "we will not establish a hard border" are you struggling to comprehend Brian? *-) ...........If the Irish install a hard border then that's they're problem >:-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-07-20 4:58 PM

pelmetman - 2018-07-20 2:51 PM.......................No deal means No bill *-) ..........If there's no deal it means we haven't signed anything ;-) .........

Well, here's a few things we've signed. These are the main treaties we have entered into in joining, and belonging to, the EU: Treaty of Lisbon, Treaty of Nice, Treaty of Amsterdam, Treaty on European Union - Maastricht Treaty, Single European Act, Merger Treaty - Brussels Treaty, Treaties of Rome : EEC and EURATOM treaties, Treaty establishing the European Coal and Steel Community. Within each of those treaties we have obligations. If we break those obligations, we have to pay the amounts outstanding from our obligations. You seem to think we can walk out in the same way you can buy a car on HP, and then decide you don't want the car any more, so just stop paying the HP company. Try it some time, and see what happens next! :-D

Given that we have been a net contributor to the EU for 40 years I'd say it's the EU that owes us >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-07-21 12:16 PM

Given that we have been a net contributor to the EU for 40 years I'd say it's the EU that owes us >:-) ..........

When I've toured in the U.K. over the years I've always been impressed by the number of projects, from Lands End to John O'Groats ( plus the Outer Hebrides ) - that have been sponsored or supported by the E.U.

I am aware that in most cases they are giving us some of our own money back, but I've no doubt that support for such projects will end once we have left the E.U.

:-(

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-07-21 12:25 PM

When I've toured in the U.K. over the years I've always been impressed by the number of projects, from Lands End to John O'Groats ( plus the Outer Hebrides ) - that have been sponsored or supported by the E.U.

I am aware that in most cases they are giving us some of our own money back, but I've no doubt that support for such projects will end once we have left the E.U.

Not most cases ALL cases ;-) ............Because we are NET contributors >:-) ..........

Maybe you need someone to tell you how to spend your money Malc 8-) .........

But that's my wife's job :D ........

pelmetman - 2018-07-21 12:30 PM

Not most cases ALL cases ;-) ............Because we are NET contributors >:-) ..........

I take it you are not concerned about the continued funding of any future ( or existing ) projects around the U.K. then ?

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-07-21 12:38 PM

I take it you are not concerned about the continued funding of any future ( or existing ) projects around the U.K. then ?

We can continue to fund our own projects ;-) .................We all ways have done >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-07-21 12:44 PM

We can continue to fund our own projects ;-) .................We all ways have done >:-) ...........

I find your faith in our politicians unbelievable ( but very touching ).

;-)

pelmetman - 2018-07-21 12:44 PM

Maybe we could massively cut the ridiculous billions a year in foreign aid we dish out an'all ... Charity begins at home and all that ... Regards

He believes UK Gov have a magic money tree in Downing St that any PM can just shake anytime and billions of £'s simply fall off like confetti. *-)

Archived