Day 253 and the boots changing to the other foot..........

Guest pelmetman

Barryd999 - 2018-08-02 8:11 PM

antony1969 - 2018-08-02 6:09 PM

Wasn't she great ...

... Lordy she'd kick the EUs ar4e ... xxxx

Nicely edited by a Pro Brexit bunch of morons. Thatcher created the Single Market. I agree with you though, she did kick arse. A proper leader who was respected and feared across the globe. Dont forget that it was her and those that followed that made sure we had the best deal out of any of the EU countries with more opt outs than any of the others including any further federalisation and the Brexiteers want to throw that all away, for what exactly?

Maybe we are just fed up of paying more in than we get back year after year

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2018-08-02 8:21 PM

Wasn't she great ...

Nicely edited by a Pro Brexit bunch of morons. Thatcher created the Single Market. I agree with you though, she did kick arse. A proper leader who was respected and feared across the globe. Dont forget that it was her and those that followed that made sure we had the best deal out of any of the EU countries with more opt outs than any of the others including any further federalisation and the Brexiteers want to throw that all away, for what exactly?

After two years is that it? Its pretty clear what we pay in more than comes back in terms of trade and keeping our economy going. We are already losing more than we pay in just from the results of the vote. Its pretty clear that leaving will make us much worse off so what we pay in pales into insignificance really whether you believe we get any of it back or not.

I think whether you believed in Brexit or not its time everyone took a step back and really asked themselves again is it all going to be worth it. Take the emotional element away if you can (probably impossible for many).

Barryd999 - 2018-08-03 12:17 PM

Wasn't she great ...

After two years is that it? Its pretty clear what we pay in more than comes back in terms of trade and keeping our economy going. We are already losing more than we pay in just from the results of the vote. Its pretty clear that leaving will make us much worse off so what we pay in pales into insignificance really whether you believe we get any of it back or not.

I think whether you believed in Brexit or not its time everyone took a step back and really asked themselves again is it all going to be worth it. Take the emotional element away if you can (probably impossible for many).

Nope ... Much more but we've been over and over and over and over and over and ........

antony1969 - 2018-08-03 1:03 PM

Wasn't she great ...

Nope ... Much more but we've been over and over and over and over and over and ........

Yeah we have that's true but even you must now have doubts now. Gone are the strong arguments and positive outlook for Brexit. I can't remember the last postitve good news story in favour of Brexit. There is no debate anymore, when anything negative comes to light regarding Brexit it's not met with stern opposition anymore and if there is any opposition it's just deflection or insults, or stuff like "the people have spoken" Etc like it has to continue no matter how crazy it all looks.

It's almost like we are continuing just to honour the result of an advisory referendum despite the fact that pretty much everyone knows it's going to be bad.

It's just madness.

Barryd999 - 2018-08-03 2:46 PM

antony1969 - 2018-08-03 1:03 PM

Wasn't she great ...

Yeah we have that's true but even you must now have doubts now. Gone are the strong arguments and positive outlook for Brexit. I can't remember the last postitve good news story in favour of Brexit. There is no debate anymore, when anything negative comes to light regarding Brexit it's not met with stern opposition anymore and if there is any opposition it's just deflection or insults, or stuff like "the people have spoken" Etc like it has to continue no matter how crazy it all looks.

It's almost like we are continuing just to honour the result of an advisory referendum despite the fact that pretty much everyone knows it's going to be bad.

It's just madness.

No doubts at all ... I did have doubts ... I've not had the greatest confidence in TM since the election but now it's looking more like a straight no deal I'm well happy ... It's what I wanted from.tbe start ... The world is our oyster

. Gone are the strong arguments and positive outlook for Brexit.

I disagree.

There are people who are very positive about Brexit - but - if you ask them what SPECIFICALLY they are looking forward to soon after we have left - they can rarely ( if ever ) come up with anything positive.

A common response is " we will make new deals around the world " -

when actually what they mean is " we hope that someone ( not me ) will make new deals around the world "

Let's hope they are right .

;-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-07-31 10:25 AM

pelmetman - 2018-07-31 10:14 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-07-31 9:58 AM

teflon2 - 2018-07-30 7:13 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-07-30 3:43 PM

pelmetman - 2018-07-30 9:23 AM

Violet1956 - 2018-07-30 9:05 AM

pelmetman - 2018-07-30 8:15 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-07-30 7:22 AM

pelmetman - 2018-07-29 5:36 PM

Day 243.........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/news/article-6002877/Americas-firms-warn-investors-Brexit-piling-pressure-Number-10.html

Oh dear >:-) .............

It's early for me Dave but I'm struggling to see where your Brexit good news story is here. Please enlighten me in your best Dave Pelmet world viewpoint

No "you" wouldn't.........Where as I see it as another example of just how important little Ol Britain is to the world economy >:-) ...........

Kinda proves the big companies need "us" consumers more than we need them don't you think? ;-) ...........

I have read it three times over Dave and all I find is the argument that uncertainty over Brexit is bad for business and that there are fears that Brexit may result in a global economic downturn. It seems that Britain being "important to the world economy" matters to you more than our economic prosperity.

So your another one who's taken in by Remoaner scaremongering............Big business cares only for its bottom line *-) ..........

If Brexit means Nike has a bad year, then tough........It wont affect me cause I ain't dumb enough to buy overpriced trainers >:-) ..........

BTW how many Nike factories are there in the UK?.....,,,,,,,Zilch? Zerro? or Nada? :D ............

Two.....with 96 workers.

http://manufacturingmap.nikeinc.com/

Strange the chart shows 0 facilities and 0% manufacture ?

Try again;

http://manufacturingmap.nikeinc.com/

When page opens, look at box on top right of page > "choose country" > scroll to United Kingdom and hit 'enter'.

It's on there.

Finished Goods?.............So that'll be embroidery then ;-) ..........

Don't be silly now. As a reminder here is the question you asked;

"BTW how many Nike factories are there in the UK?.....,,,,,,,Zilch? Zerro? or Nada?"

Without first checking you incorrectly assumed there was none. I found from Nikes own website there are actually two employing 96 people and now i've shown that you are just being flippant and dismissive.

96 people you obviously don't give a flying fig about if their jobs suffer due to Brexit.

Wake up Bullet *-) ...........It's not a Nike factory ;-) ............

It's a factory a US owned company has subbed out their UK embroidery to >:-) ...........

Quite how Brexit will affect that is beyond me??? :-S ........

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-08-03 5:17 PM

I disagree.

There are people who are very positive about Brexit - but - if you ask them what SPECIFICALLY they are looking forward to soon after we have left - they can rarely ( if ever ) come up with anything positive.

when actually what they mean is " we hope that someone ( not me ) will make new deals around the world "

;-)

So you're assuming other countries wont want to sell too the worlds 5th biggest economy? *-) ........

Well if they don't it's gonna do wonders for our balance of trade figures >:-) ..........

Yet another win win for Brexit eh? B-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-08-01 8:34 AM

antony1969 - 2018-08-01 6:29 AM

Economic growth in Euroworld slowing ... https://www.cityindex.co.uk/market-analysis/corporate-results-in-focus-euro-steady-despite-eurozone-economy-slowing/ ... Cant be ... I thought it never slowed just carried on growing

Who on here or elsewhere has said that the eurozone economy would always grow? I don’t get why you and Dave seem to believe that bad news about signs of an economic down turn, whether inside or outside the eurozone, is a sign that Brexit is a good idea. Isn’t it more likely that there are signs that it is a thoroughly bad idea? If we Brits could load ourselves into spaceships and colonise Mars then we may be able to protect ourselves from any adverse consequences. Maybe Dave could convert Horace into one. ;-)

Never mind Veronica ;-) ............

Look on the bright side you Remoaners will be able to blame our "Overdue" recession on Brexit >:-) .........

malc d - 2018-08-03 5:17 PM

I disagree.

;-)

Eh ... they mean what they say surely don't they ... "we'll make new deals around the world" as you've said but you've added what you believe they mean ... How have you come to that conclusion

You still dont get it do you Dave? No disrespect to your beliefs and reasons you want a full fat Brexit but they are not the reasons the likes of Fox and Smug want a no deal Brexit.

You should read this. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/02/corporate-dark-money-power-atlantic-lobbyists-brexit

The only thing they are interested in getting out of Brexit is to feather their own nests and hand more control, power and money to the corporate tax avoiding elite. You and I will gain nothing from such a no deal Brexit, worse we will all be poorer, the country as a whole will be much worse off, less safe and under the rule of people like them and Trump.

I just dont get why you and others like you cannot see that.

Personally I dont see them getting away with it. I still say Brexit wont happen.

Barryd999 - 2018-08-05 9:37 AM

You still dont get it do you Dave? No disrespect to your beliefs and reasons you want a full fat Brexit but they are not the reasons the likes of Fox and Smug want a no deal Brexit.

You should read this. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/02/corporate-dark-money-power-atlantic-lobbyists-brexit

The only thing they are interested in getting out of Brexit is to feather their own nests and hand more control, power and money to the corporate tax avoiding elite. You and I will gain nothing from such a no deal Brexit, worse we will all be poorer, the country as a whole will be much worse off, less safe and under the rule of people like them and Trump.

Personally I dont see them getting away with it. I still say Brexit wont happen.

The Guardian ??? ... A natural home for Fox and Rees Mogg haters ... Regarding POTUS Trump as much as you'll hate it his approval rating just keeps on rising whereas your lovebirds Macron and Merkel keep on dropping ... Your losing as usual Barry ... Weep on and if you seriously seriously believe Brexit won't happen your more bonkers than I ever thought possible... Lay off the Leffe it's frying what's left of your brain

Guest pelmetman

You carry believing your anti Brexit propaganda Barry *-) ..........

Personally I base my views and opinions on 40 years experience of our membership of the Fourth Reich :-| ........

Like the *majority* of those who voted to leave ;-) ..........

Do your self a favour and think about "why" they voted for Brexit Barry >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2018-08-05 9:44 AM

The Guardian ??? ... A natural home for Fox and Rees Mogg haters ... Regarding POTUS Trump as much as you'll hate it his approval rating just keeps on rising whereas your lovebirds Macron and Merkel keep on dropping ... Your losing as usual Barry ... Weep on and if you seriously seriously believe Brexit won't happen your more bonkers than I ever thought possible... Lay off the Leffe it's frying what's left of your brain

I see the Guardian has had 7,800,000 likes on Facebook 8-) ...........

The Daily Mail has had 14,000,000 :D ..........

pelmetman - 2018-08-05 10:18 AM

Which shows the sad state UK has become.

Whilst the Guardian concentrates on publishing informative reading articles, the DM obsesses over irrelevant trashy 'detail' such as type of car owned by person X, brand clothes they wear, or value of their property....along with plenty of pics and diagrams to aid the not so bright.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-08-05 11:06 AM

Whilst the Guardian concentrates on publishing informative reading articles, the DM obsesses over irrelevant trashy 'detail' such as type of car owned by person X, brand clothes they wear, or value of their property....along with plenty of pics and diagrams to aid the not so bright.

Nope it shows how limited the market is for left wing tripe >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-08-05 10:01 AM

You carry believing your anti Brexit propaganda Barry *-) ..........

Personally I base my views and opinions on 40 years experience of our membership of the Fourth Reich :-| ........

Like the *majority* of those who voted to leave ;-) ..........

Do your self a favour and think about "why" they voted for Brexit Barry >:-) .........

Nobody until UKIP and the referendum turned it into a divisive football match gave a toss about EU membership in or out Dave. Thats well documented. Hardly anyone put EU membership as a big issue facing the UK until 2016.

I know why people voted for Brexit Dave. The point is the reasons you voted for Brexit is not why it was engineered. Immigration, taking back control, paying money to the EU. We all thought that was what it was all about and for voters it was but whether you blindly refuse to admit it or not it was not about that for those that brought it about and are still hankering after a hard Brexit. Ask yourself why IDS, Smug, Fox, Banks etc want such a crushing no deal outcome. Wake up! You will get nothing out of Brexit and neither will any of us plebs.

You really think Fox and Smug care about the reasons you voted Brexit? Of course Trumps approval is rising. Anyone who promises the little people the earth is going to do well, until it all comes crashing down of course, just like Brexit. Ive watched a few programs about Trump and his supporters and I Can see why they love him. Like Brexiteers though at some point they are going to say WTF!

The only reason I think Brexit wont happen is I still think there is time for the public to see sense and realise what the likes of Smug and Fox are up to and how they conned us all and I also think Theresa and and her advisers are playing a long game. A no deal Brexit is out of the question and anything else is pointless.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-08-05 11:36 AM

Nobody until UKIP and the referendum turned it into a divisive football match gave a toss about EU membership in or out Dave. Thats well documented. Hardly anyone put EU membership as a big issue facing the UK until 2016.

That must be why we kept voting in more and more UKIP MEP's >:-) .........

Because no one gave a toss *-) .......

pelmetman - 2018-08-05 11:14 AM

Yes the DM is printed for the educationally sub-normal. That's why it publishes lots of photos and silly diagrams. They are your 'reading aids'.

A quick scan over the latest trash from DM gives "news" accompanied by the usual stream of photographs of some girl singers ass who "showed off every inch of her enviably toned figure in a seriously skimpy coral bikini, before slipping into a tiny black thong number", on holiday with her 'footballer boyfriend'. *-)

Thankfully the Guardian sticks to reporting factual news articles for more intelligent people.

Bulletguy - 2018-08-05 1:08 PM

Yes the DM is printed for the educationally sub-normal. That's why it publishes lots of photos and silly diagrams. They are your 'reading aids'.

A quick scan over the latest trash from DM gives "news" accompanied by the usual stream of photographs of some girl singers ass who "showed off every inch of her enviably toned figure in a seriously skimpy coral bikini, before slipping into a tiny black thong number", on holiday with her 'footballer boyfriend'. *-)

Thankfully the Guardian sticks to reporting factual news articles for more intelligent people.

Have you got a link? B-)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-08-05 1:37 PM

Have you got a link? B-)

"Thankfully the Guardian sticks to reporting factual news articles for more intelligent people"

(lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Barryd999 - 2018-08-05 11:42 AM

You really think Fox and Smug care about the reasons you voted Brexit? Of course Trumps approval is rising. Anyone who promises the little people the earth is going to do well, until it all comes crashing down of course, just like Brexit. Ive watched a few programs about Trump and his supporters and I Can see why they love him. Like Brexiteers though at some point they are going to say WTF!

The only reason I think Brexit wont happen is I still think there is time for the public to see sense and realise what the likes of Smug and Fox are up to and how they conned us all and I also think Theresa and and her advisers are playing a long game. A no deal Brexit is out of the question and anything else is pointless.

Who are "the little people" and why ??? ... Whatever TV you've watched regarding POTUS Trump supporters I suppose it makes for good TV ... Maybe dimwit gun toting country types ... Makes good TV doesn't it prolly though I haven't seen any ... What channel was it on Barry ... POTUS Trumps figures are up because he's delivering and he's doing all this with the biggest MSM media smear campaign ever staged against a President ... Your chums Macron and Merkel what can I say ... France should have chosen the beauty that is Le Pen ... You hate Rees Mogg because he's rich , speaks well , comes across a little snooty ... That's why you hate him and you'd hate him with or without Brexit

pelmetman - 2018-08-05 1:56 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-08-05 1:37 PM

Have you got a link? B-)

Thankfully the Guardian sticks to reporting factual news articles for more intelligent people

I agree.

Archived