Day 253 and the boots changing to the other foot..........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-08-05 3:25 PM

pelmetman - 2018-08-05 1:56 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-08-05 1:37 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-08-05 1:08 PM

pelmetman - 2018-08-05 11:14 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-08-05 11:06 AM

pelmetman - 2018-08-05 10:18 AM

antony1969 - 2018-08-05 9:44 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-08-05 9:37 AM

You still dont get it do you Dave? No disrespect to your beliefs and reasons you want a full fat Brexit but they are not the reasons the likes of Fox and Smug want a no deal Brexit.

You should read this. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/02/corporate-dark-money-power-atlantic-lobbyists-brexit

The only thing they are interested in getting out of Brexit is to feather their own nests and hand more control, power and money to the corporate tax avoiding elite. You and I will gain nothing from such a no deal Brexit, worse we will all be poorer, the country as a whole will be much worse off, less safe and under the rule of people like them and Trump.

I just dont get why you and others like you cannot see that.

Personally I dont see them getting away with it. I still say Brexit wont happen.

The Guardian ??? ... A natural home for Fox and Rees Mogg haters ... Regarding POTUS Trump as much as you'll hate it his approval rating just keeps on rising whereas your lovebirds Macron and Merkel keep on dropping ... Your losing as usual Barry ... Weep on and if you seriously seriously believe Brexit won't happen your more bonkers than I ever thought possible... Lay off the Leffe it's frying what's left of your brain

I see the Guardian has had 7,800,000 likes on Facebook 8-) ...........

The Daily Mail has had 14,000,000 :D ..........

Which shows the sad state UK has become.

Whilst the Guardian concentrates on publishing informative reading articles, the DM obsesses over irrelevant trashy 'detail' such as type of car owned by person X, brand clothes they wear, or value of their property....along with plenty of pics and diagrams to aid the not so bright.

Nope it shows how limited the market is for left wing tripe >:-) ..........

Yes the DM is printed for the educationally sub-normal. That's why it publishes lots of photos and silly diagrams. They are your 'reading aids'.

A quick scan over the latest trash from DM gives "news" accompanied by the usual stream of photographs of some girl singers ass who "showed off every inch of her enviably toned figure in a seriously skimpy coral bikini, before slipping into a tiny black thong number", on holiday with her 'footballer boyfriend'. *-)

Thankfully the Guardian sticks to reporting factual news articles for more intelligent people.

Have you got a link? B-)

Thankfully the Guardian sticks to reporting factual news articles for more intelligent people

I agree.

So you don't read it either? :D ..........

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2018-08-05 3:30 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-08-05 3:25 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-08-05 1:37 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-08-05 1:08 PM

pelmetman - 2018-08-05 11:14 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-08-05 11:06 AM

pelmetman - 2018-08-05 10:18 AM

You still dont get it do you Dave? No disrespect to your beliefs and reasons you want a full fat Brexit but they are not the reasons the likes of Fox and Smug want a no deal Brexit.

You should read this. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/02/corporate-dark-money-power-atlantic-lobbyists-brexit

The only thing they are interested in getting out of Brexit is to feather their own nests and hand more control, power and money to the corporate tax avoiding elite. You and I will gain nothing from such a no deal Brexit, worse we will all be poorer, the country as a whole will be much worse off, less safe and under the rule of people like them and Trump.

Personally I dont see them getting away with it. I still say Brexit wont happen.

The Guardian ??? ... A natural home for Fox and Rees Mogg haters ... Regarding POTUS Trump as much as you'll hate it his approval rating just keeps on rising whereas your lovebirds Macron and Merkel keep on dropping ... Your losing as usual Barry ... Weep on and if you seriously seriously believe Brexit won't happen your more bonkers than I ever thought possible... Lay off the Leffe it's frying what's left of your brain

I see the Guardian has had 7,800,000 likes on Facebook 8-) ...........

The Daily Mail has had 14,000,000 :D ..........

Which shows the sad state UK has become.

Whilst the Guardian concentrates on publishing informative reading articles, the DM obsesses over irrelevant trashy 'detail' such as type of car owned by person X, brand clothes they wear, or value of their property....along with plenty of pics and diagrams to aid the not so bright.

Nope it shows how limited the market is for left wing tripe >:-) ..........

Yes the DM is printed for the educationally sub-normal. That's why it publishes lots of photos and silly diagrams. They are your 'reading aids'.

A quick scan over the latest trash from DM gives "news" accompanied by the usual stream of photographs of some girl singers ass who "showed off every inch of her enviably toned figure in a seriously skimpy coral bikini, before slipping into a tiny black thong number", on holiday with her 'footballer boyfriend'. *-)

Thankfully the Guardian sticks to reporting factual news articles for more intelligent people.

Have you got a link? B-)

Thankfully the Guardian sticks to reporting factual news articles for more intelligent people

I agree.

So you don't read it either? :D ..........

Of course i do. Why else would i agree with you that "the Guardian sticks to reporting factual news articles for more intelligent people"? That's the most intelligent post you've made in a long time. Did you copy it from someone?

Bullets fave Guardian journalist is Owen Jones who famously in a childish rant stormed out of a TV interview crying and stomping his feet because he didn't like the way it was going ... Bullet does much the same on ere but his childish behaviour when confronted with facts about Muslims or Labour's racism begins and ends with name calling normally ... It's obviously sumat that goes with being a leftie

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-08-05 3:58 PM

Of course i do. Why else would i agree with you that "the Guardian sticks to reporting factual news articles for more intelligent people"? That's the most intelligent post you've made in a long time. Did you copy it from someone?

Factual news??? 8-) ............Your aving a Giraffe aintcha? (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

It's nowt but a loony liberal spin rag *-) ..........

"The newspaper's reputation as a platform for liberal and left-wing opinions has led to the use of the epithets "Guardian reader" and "Guardianista" for people holding such views, or as a negative stereotype of such people as middle class, earnest and politically correct."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guardian

That description suits you to a tee :D .........

ie......... not overly intelligent just earnestly stupid >:-) ..........

antony1969 - 2018-08-05 4:20 PM

Bullets fave Guardian journalist is Owen Jones who famously in a childish rant stormed out of a TV interview crying and stomping his feet because he didn't like the way it was going ...

He's not actually....but carry on fishing if it keeps you happy, just change your old bait though.

pelmetman - 2018-08-05 4:58 PM

Factual news??? 8-) ............Your aving a Giraffe aintcha? (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

You said so yourself earlier. You should be more careful with quoting.

Bulletguy - 2018-08-05 6:01 PM

antony1969 - 2018-08-05 4:20 PM

Bullets fave Guardian journalist is Owen Jones who famously in a childish rant stormed out of a TV interview crying and stomping his feet because he didn't like the way it was going ...

He's not actually....but carry on fishing if it keeps you happy, just change your old bait though.

pelmetman - 2018-08-05 4:58 PM

No need for a bait change ... You've had a nibble ... Your hooked ... Then again I get ya every single time ... Your an easy catch ... Bet my grandkids would catch ya with a net ... I thought with age made you more wise ... Obviously not ... 4 more years

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-08-05 6:01 PM

You need to look again ;-) ........

That quote included Barry's post about asking for a link :D ..........

I should've known irony is wasted on you *-) .........

antony1969 - 2018-08-05 2:16 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-08-05 11:42 AM

You really think Fox and Smug care about the reasons you voted Brexit? Of course Trumps approval is rising. Anyone who promises the little people the earth is going to do well, until it all comes crashing down of course, just like Brexit. Ive watched a few programs about Trump and his supporters and I Can see why they love him. Like Brexiteers though at some point they are going to say WTF!

The only reason I think Brexit wont happen is I still think there is time for the public to see sense and realise what the likes of Smug and Fox are up to and how they conned us all and I also think Theresa and and her advisers are playing a long game. A no deal Brexit is out of the question and anything else is pointless.

Who are "the little people" and why ??? ... Whatever TV you've watched regarding POTUS Trump supporters I suppose it makes for good TV ... Maybe dimwit gun toting country types ... Makes good TV doesn't it prolly though I haven't seen any ... What channel was it on Barry ... POTUS Trumps figures are up because he's delivering and he's doing all this with the biggest MSM media smear campaign ever staged against a President ... Your chums Macron and Merkel what can I say ... France should have chosen the beauty that is Le Pen ... You hate Rees Mogg because he's rich , speaks well , comes across a little snooty ... That's why you hate him and you'd hate him with or without Brexit

The little people are us plebs Antony but you knew that already. Ive watched loads of stuff about Trump, most recently the BBC offering with Ed Balls. Last week he talked to a bunch of gun toting types (your words not mine) I liked them. They seemed like decent blokes and the red necks at the monster truck thing were also a good laugh. Like Brexit they voted for something different, someone who spoke their language. Lets hope they dont end up seriously disappointed eh. They were good people.

Once again you are way off the mark with Smuggy. A lot of people I know are rich and talk like him. I have and have had many wealthy friends, where I live I am surrounded by Aristos. Some of them are arseholes but most of them are alright just like us plebs. I despise Smuggy, Fox etc because they are prepared to ruin this great country of ours with false promises purely for self gain. They are simply despicable people.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-08-06 10:39 AM

The little people are us plebs Antony but you knew that already. Ive watched loads of stuff about Trump, most recently the BBC offering with Ed Balls. Last week he talked to a bunch of gun toting types (your words not mine) I liked them. They seemed like decent blokes and the red necks at the monster truck thing were also a good laugh. Like Brexit they voted for something different, someone who spoke their language. Lets hope they dont end up seriously disappointed eh. They were good people.

I guess that depends on whether the backstabbing Democrats manage to prevent his reforms........and they have the gall to call themselves Democrats :-| .........

Although folk trying to prevent the democratic vote of the people from succeeding is not just a American problem is it Barry? >:-) ..............

"The majority vote can be ignored" is your view to is it not? *-) .............

antony1969 - 2018-08-05 2:16 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-08-05 11:42 AM

You really think Fox and Smug care about the reasons you voted Brexit? Of course Trumps approval is rising. Anyone who promises the little people the earth is going to do well, until it all comes crashing down of course, just like Brexit. Ive watched a few programs about Trump and his supporters and I Can see why they love him. Like Brexiteers though at some point they are going to say WTF!

The only reason I think Brexit wont happen is I still think there is time for the public to see sense and realise what the likes of Smug and Fox are up to and how they conned us all and I also think Theresa and and her advisers are playing a long game. A no deal Brexit is out of the question and anything else is pointless.

Who are "the little people" and why ??? ... Whatever TV you've watched regarding POTUS Trump supporters I suppose it makes for good TV ... Maybe dimwit gun toting country types ... Makes good TV doesn't it prolly though I haven't seen any ... What channel was it on Barry ... POTUS Trumps figures are up because he's delivering and he's doing all this with the biggest MSM media smear campaign ever staged against a President ... Your chums Macron and Merkel what can I say ... France should have chosen the beauty that is Le Pen ... You hate Rees Mogg because he's rich , speaks well , comes across a little snooty ... That's why you hate him and you'd hate him with or without Brexit

Once again you are way off the mark with Smuggy. A lot of people I know are rich and talk like him. I have and have had many wealthy friends, where I live I am surrounded by Aristos. Some of them are arseholes but most of them are alright just like us plebs. I despise Smuggy, Fox etc because they are prepared to ruin this great country of ours with false promises purely for self gain. They are simply despicable people.

Doesnt matter who you vote for disappointment eventually comes to your team ... HM Mrs Thatchers time came to a disappointing end , Blairs did if you voted for him and you can be sure POTUS Trumps will to some who voted for him as thats the nature of politics but we are talking the here and now and POTUS Trump however much you dislike/hate/despise him and you must given you said you'd rather starve to death than do a deal with him hes delivering and his approval rate is unbelievable given MSM hate campaign against him ... If we are judging him on now hes winning and you must accept and acknowledge that ... Regarding your hate for Mr Rees Mogg I dont think you'd call him the names you have if you didn't have a dislike for his wealth, appearance and old Etonian manner

pelmetman - 2018-08-06 11:58 AM

I guess that depends on whether the backstabbing Democrats manage to prevent his reforms........and they have the gall to call themselves Democrats :-| .........

Although folk trying to prevent the democratic vote of the people from succeeding is not just a American problem is it Barry? >:-) ..............

Barry would've preferred the other option ... The Hilary Clinton , Nancy Pelosi , Maxine Waters vision for America ... No borders ... No security ... Anti-American vision so loved by Democrats

pelmetman - 2018-08-06 11:58 AM

I Would rather see a public vote on Brexit once we know what the options are Dave than ignore the vote completely but it was an advisory non binding referendum and given that a hard Brexit is going to be so damaging I wouldnt have an issue with it being abandoned. UKIP now seem to think thats Theresas plan. https://www.ukip.org/national-ukip-news-item.php?id=36 However they also say "“UKIP’s position has never wavered. We want Britain’s Exit from the EU. A complete and unencumbered Exit: no more money paid, no more EU laws, and no more open borders. " which is bullsh1t as I seem to remember their leader, Farage stating "Would it be so bad if we were like Norway?", "Easiest deal in history", "nobody is questioning our single market membership". People assumed we were going to get a deal so many will have voted for Brexit based on what the liars in Vote leave told them.

This is why we need a second referendum but I would be quite happy to remain without one. I feel sorry for those who voted to leave if it is overturned but blame the liars at Vote leave and UKIP if that happens, not us remainers.

Brilliant article by Gina Miller here which of course you wont be able to read as you will likely sick up your lunch. (lol)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/01/people-brexit-brits-government-new-political-party

Brexit is no longer the will of the people by the way. Just sayin

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-08-06 1:09 PM

That's what the polls said before the referendum ;-) ............Just sayin :D ........

pelmetman - 2018-08-06 3:48 PM

That's what the polls said before the referendum ;-) ............Just sayin :D ........

They went one way and then the other, its been consistently in favour of remain for some time now. 78% now think Brexit is going badly. If your right though and it does go as Gina suggests and there is a second referendum you have nothing to worry about then huh?

Barryd999 - 2018-08-06 4:43 PM

They went one way and then the other, its been consistently in favour of remain for some time now. 78% now think Brexit is going badly. If your right though and it does go as Gina suggests and there is a second referendum you have nothing to worry about then huh?

Your juggling words Barry ... 78% think negotiations are going badly doesn't mean 78% now want to remain ... I think negotiations have gone badly from the little info we've been given but doesn't mean I now want to remain it makes me more sure I wanna leave and I've yet to meet anyone who voted leave that now wants to remain ... Barry lalaland again

antony1969 - 2018-08-06 5:17 PM

Your juggling words Barry ... 78% think negotiations are going badly doesn't mean 78% now want to remain ... I think negotiations have gone badly from the little info we've been given but doesn't mean I now want to remain it makes me more sure I wanna leave and I've yet to meet anyone who voted leave that now wants to remain ... Barry lalaland again

Most people want a second vote now though as well and I'm pretty sure if the majority of the public knew just how bad a no deal Brexit is going to be I think we would see a lot more change the minds. I've seen a fair few on social media do that already but none the other way around.

Soon though the reality of what Brexit is going to look like will be known and I suspect we are going to be left with a choice of no deal or completely crap deal. I don't think there is a significant majority for either in the UK so then what?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-08-06 6:46 PM

Most people want a second vote now though as well and I'm pretty sure if the majority of the public knew just how bad a no deal Brexit is going to be I think we would see a lot more change the minds. I've seen a fair few on social media do that already but none the other way around.

Soon though the reality of what Brexit is going to look like will be known and I suspect we are going to be left with a choice of no deal or completely crap deal. I don't think there is a significant majority for either in the UK so then what?

You mean most people according to the Guardian or Independent ;-) ............

So that'll be a minority in the real world >:-) .......

Barry you'll believe the folk that say the stuff you want to believe ... Here in the pits on the ground real folk want to leave still and are pi$$ed its taken so long ... I cant believe the butt hurts are still going on and on and on and on about folk changing their minds ... Its cods , folk may well be miffed with Mrs May but that doesnt mean they've changed their minds

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2018-08-06 8:00 PM

Barry you'll believe the folk that say the stuff you want to believe ... Here in the pits on the ground real folk want to leave still and are pi$$ed its taken so long ... I cant believe the butt hurts are still going on and on and on and on about folk changing their minds ... Its cods , folk may well be miffed with Mrs May but that doesnt mean they've changed their minds

Oh dear even the lefties are beginning to accept the inevitable :D ..........

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/999723/Brexit-news-Owen-Jones-second-Brexit-referendum-video-live-Tony-Blair-Peoples-Vote

Yougov Brexit tracker (nothing to do with the Indy or guardian has shown swing to remain constantly since October 2017. National survey of over 200000 people earlier this year showed the same. That's only going in one direction as people eventually become aware of the disaster that is looming.

I see Nigel on LBC today has said he believes Theresa and the EU are going to suspend Article 50 in the Autumn which could spell a second referendum.

It makes absolute sense once we know what's on or not on offer. Jacob reek smug, David Davis and John Redwood in 2012 when they were pushing for a referendum all said that there should be a second referendum once the deal was known. The only reason you and they are so against it now is you and they know full well you would lose.

You would rather take a lucky dip Brexit than risk taking a sensible logical approach by letting the people have the final say. As for people in the Pits not changing their minds if they have not kept up with Brexit and are still expecting what was promised in 2016 I'm not surprised. Let's see what they think when it's clear their jobs are on the line and it's clear it's going to hit them hard.

pelmetman - 2018-08-06 8:07 PM

antony1969 - 2018-08-06 8:00 PM

Oh dear even the lefties are beginning to accept the inevitable :D ..........

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/999723/Brexit-news-Owen-Jones-second-Brexit-referendum-video-live-Tony-Blair-Peoples-Vote

Well if the leader of Momentum Party says so then I'm with him ... Hes not the only one saying it either ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/999030/Brexit-News-David-Blunkett-attacks-Lord-Mandelson-EU-referendum ... Poor Barry

Barryd999 - 2018-08-06 8:20 PM

Yougov Brexit tracker (nothing to do with the Indy or guardian has shown swing to remain constantly since October 2017. National survey of over 200000 people earlier this year showed the same. That's only going in one direction as people eventually become aware of the disaster that is looming.

I see Nigel on LBC today has said he believes Theresa and the EU are going to suspend Article 50 in the Autumn which could spell a second referendum.

It makes absolute sense once we know what's on or not on offer. Jacob reek smug, David Davis and John Redwood in 2012 when they were pushing for a referendum all said that there should be a second referendum once the deal was known. The only reason you and they are so against it now is you and they know full well you would lose.

You would rather take a lucky dip Brexit than risk taking a sensible logical approach by letting the people have the final say. As for people in the Pits not changing their minds if they have not kept up with Brexit and are still expecting what was promised in 2016 I'm not surprised. Let's see what they think when it's clear their jobs are on the line and it's clear it's going to hit them hard.

I'd rather take a no deal approach which is what I wanted from day one ... Your belittling the good folk of the pits by the way ... Of course they'll have kept up with Brexit since the vote its ruddy hard to ignore it but maybe not to the obsessive butt hurt proportions youve followed it ... Give the pits folk a little credit they know a no deal is going to be short term pain but hopefully long term gain and by the way why all of a sudden does the little man concern you so ??? Were you concerned for the little man ever before because I dont recall it ... Cheap wage migrants dont seem to bother you undercutting the little man in fact I think your quite happy to carry on importing more and more migrants to hurt the little man ... Im confused

antony1969 - 2018-08-06 9:10 PM

I'd rather take a no deal approach which is what I wanted from day one ... Your belittling the good folk of the pits by the way ... Of course they'll have kept up with Brexit since the vote its ruddy hard to ignore it but maybe not to the obsessive butt hurt proportions youve followed it ... Give the pits folk a little credit they know a no deal is going to be short term pain but hopefully long term gain and by the way why all of a sudden does the little man concern you so ??? Were you concerned for the little man ever before because I dont recall it ... Cheap wage migrants dont seem to bother you undercutting the little man in fact I think your quite happy to carry on importing more and more migrants to hurt the little man ... Im confused

Short term pain? Even Smuggy is now saying it might be 50 years before we see any real benefit which is just his way of saying your all going to be skint but dont say I didnt warn you as my personal wealth and those of my tax dodging clients surges under a hard low regulation tax haven Brexit. None so blind as those that cant see.

Why do I care? Because I care about people, I care about the North East where I used to live and how it will be devastated. Ive always stressed this, its nothing new. As for cheap wage migrants, firstly the EU have reformed free movement rules to make undercutting harder and we are almost at full employment anyway, there will be nobody to do the work none of us Brits will do if you end free movement. When our economy tanks of course those that lose their jobs will probably have to do it but of course they wont so you will be recruiting from Asia and Africa, its already happening.

Sorry Antony but if you have followed Brexit closely and still want to crash out your either bonkers or like Smuggy and Redwood etc have a vested interest.

Barryd999 - 2018-08-06 10:39 PM

antony1969 - 2018-08-06 9:10 PM

Short term pain? Even Smuggy is now saying it might be 50 years before we see any real benefit which is just his way of saying your all going to be skint but dont say I didnt warn you as my personal wealth and those of my tax dodging clients surges under a hard low regulation tax haven Brexit. None so blind as those that cant see.

Why do I care? Because I care about people, I care about the North East where I used to live and how it will be devastated. Ive always stressed this, its nothing new. As for cheap wage migrants, firstly the EU have reformed free movement rules to make undercutting harder and we are almost at full employment anyway, there will be nobody to do the work none of us Brits will do if you end free movement. When our economy tanks of course those that lose their jobs will probably have to do it but of course they wont so you will be recruiting from Asia and Africa, its already happening.

Sorry Antony but if you have followed Brexit closely and still want to crash out your either bonkers or like Smuggy and Redwood etc have a vested interest.

Twisting words again Barry to suit your purpose ... "The overwhelming opportunity for Brexit is over the next 50 years" and of course he's right to say the full impact of Brexit will not be known for "years to come" .... You said the same thing about POTUS Trump and the American economy under him only a few weeks ago ... You cant have it all ways ... I have watched Brexit but like I say not like you with a butt hurt attitude that clouds my judgement just as you do with POTUS Trump and prolly just as you do in general with our Conservative Government ... Stopping cheap European labour ... Not according to your Bible or one of your idols ... https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/20/brexit-cheap-labour-britain-wages-eu-trade-unions ...

Archived