Day 253 and the boots changing to the other foot..........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-08-10 10:20 AM

What I think we should do is ban all blokes from further debate or any second vote, re-engage the girls and let them decide.

So you'd still be allowed to debate coz your a big girls blouse :D ...........

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman

I think it's quite simple Brian really. Nobody wants to be proved wrong

I've already proved your latest expert wrong ;-) ..........

As I have exported without problems >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2018-08-09 7:27 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-08-09 7:11 PM

To the best of my knowledge, none of the Brexit proponents (I'm happy to be proved wrong), have any direct, hands-on, experience of conveying goods across borders either in, or outside, the EU.

I have hands on experience and never had any problems sending my pouffes abroad ;-) ...........

In fact there was a little more paperwork to send them to Jersey :-| ........

Nothing onerous though........ even a thicko like me managed it :D .........

Come on then Rockerfella... how many 100s (1000s?) of "pouffes" were you were shipping abroad on a daily basis, all of which were to arrive on a "just in time" basis .....?

I bet your neighbours were fed up with all of those shipping containers stacked up high in your front garden (lol)

(and would the above have been before or after your earnings were such that you were eligible claim Working Tax Credits? B-) )

You mentioned being a "dreamer" to Brian the other day...and there's nowt wrong with that..but t's worth remembering that there is a big difference between being a dreamer...and being a fantasist.. *-)

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2018-08-10 10:56 AM

To the best of my knowledge, none of the Brexit proponents (I'm happy to be proved wrong), have any direct, hands-on, experience of conveying goods across borders either in, or outside, the EU.

I have hands on experience and never had any problems sending my pouffes abroad ;-) ...........

Come on then Rockerfella... how many 100s (1000s?) of "pouffes" were you were shipping abroad on a daily basis, all of which were to arrive on a "just in time" basis .....?

I bet your neighbours were fed up with all of those shipping containers stacked up high in your front garden (lol)

(and would the above have been before or after your earnings were such that you were eligible claim Working Tax Credits? B-) )

You mentioned being a "dreamer" to Brian the other day...and there's nowt wrong with that..but t's worth remembering that there is a big difference between being a dreamer...and being a fantasist.. *-)

Nothing to it now days ;-) ................

https://parcel.dhl.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw77TbBRDtARIsAC4l83kQ2vW_4Z2OH7lwayYpxIp6w5XsKDo0J71qBNg4jBZoFC5KgQ73JRcaAshHEALw_wcB

It really is quite simple, maybe you should swap your van for a cardboard box and try it..........You never know it might help you get over your phobia of going abroad >:-) ...............

BTW who would be affected if just in time deliveries were delayed? :D ...........

Oh yeah Messer's BMW & Co (lol) ..............

Guest pelmetman

Com'n Pepe as my own pet stalker, I'm sure you already know the answer to that from your comprehensive files on me :D ............

pelmetman - 2018-08-10 11:30 AM

Com'n Pepe as my own pet stalker, I'm sure you already know the answer to that from your comprehensive files on me :D ............

Look out ... Look out tha's a Pepe about ... You got any bunny rabbits Dave ... If so ya might wanna check em ... Bunny boiler alert

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2018-08-10 12:06 PM

pelmetman - 2018-08-10 11:30 AM

Look out ... Look out tha's a Pepe about ... You got any bunny rabbits Dave ... If so ya might wanna check em ... Bunny boiler alert

He still blames me for his boy friend Frank getting the boot ;-) ...........

pelmetman - 2018-08-10 11:19 AM

Nothing to it now days ;-) ................

https://parcel.dhl.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw77TbBRDtARIsAC4l83kQ2vW_4Z2OH7lwayYpxIp6w5XsKDo0J71qBNg4jBZoFC5KgQ73JRcaAshHEALw_wcB

It really is quite simple, maybe you should swap your van for a cardboard box and try it..........You never know it might help you get over your phobia of going abroad >:-) ...............

BTW who would be affected if just in time deliveries were delayed? :D ...........

Oh yeah Messer's BMW & Co (lol) ..............

Do you want a list? It's quite a long one how about vital life saving cancer treating isotopes that degrade very very quickly and we import millions for starters? I can't remember how quickly they degrade but they start to after 30min.

We can stockpile medicines which we are doing but all sorts of vital stuff depends on just in time delivery and no hold ups.

That's details though and life critical stuff so we won't worry about that eh?

As for your puffs. I presume we were in the EU when you exported them?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-08-10 1:08 PM

Do you want a list? It's quite a long one how about vital life saving cancer treating isotopes that degrade very very quickly and we import millions for starters? I can't remember how quickly they degrade but they start to after 30min.

If that's the case they better hope the Frogs ain't blockading the ports ;-) ............

Prolly best if we get them flown in from the US, prolly be quicker and cheaper >:-) ...........

Guest pelmetman

That's details though and life critical stuff so we won't worry about that eh?

Kinda highlights how low those nice folk in the EU will stoop with their threats dontcha think? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-08-10 2:14 PM

If that's the case they better hope the Frogs ain't blockading the ports ;-) ............

Prolly best if we get them flown in from the US, prolly be quicker and cheaper >:-) ...........

Well ... Now you mention it ... In Barry World POTUS Trump is guna take over the NHS so maybe he could supply and fly in those drugs to our new Trump/NHS hospital locations nationwide ... God Bless Him

pelmetman - 2018-08-10 10:30 AM

Listen to the clip Dave, then comment. Then at least you'll know what he's talking about, and make an informed comparison between your pouffe exports to his varied experiences.

If that were true, we would already buy from the US, as the NHS buys on price assuming equal quality. So, as you seem to be saying, the cost of those drugs etc will be liable to rise post Brexit. Ipso, the cost of running the NHS will increase. Ipso, your taxes will need to increase to cover the additional cost, and that is just the pharmaceuticals. As I said above, listen to the clip, and then decide who knows what they are talking about - or come up with the reasons why what they all say is wrong.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-08-10 4:39 PM

If that were true, we would already buy from the US, as the NHS buys on price assuming equal quality. So, as you seem to be saying, the cost of those drugs etc will be liable to rise post Brexit. Ipso, the cost of running the NHS will increase. Ipso, your taxes will need to increase to cover the additional cost, and that is just the pharmaceuticals. As I said above, listen to the clip, and then decide who knows what they are talking about - or come up with the reasons why what they all say is wrong.

We've been trading with Europe for thousands of years *-) .........

I doubt some spiteful EU muppet will manage to stop us trading after Brexit despite what you EU surrender Monkeys would have us believe >:-) ..........

BTW it looks like if we stay in the EU, they'll sell the NHS to the Yanks anyway 8-) ..........

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/666454/NHS-EU-killed-off-Brexit-Remain-Leave-referendum-Brussels-European-Union

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-08-10 4:28 PM

pelmetman - 2018-08-10 10:30 AM

Listen to the clip Dave, then comment. Then at least you'll know what he's talking about, and make an informed comparison between your pouffe exports to his varied experiences.

I've no need to listen to an hour of Remoaner scaremongering *-) ............

I live in the real world :D ........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-08-11 10:53 AM

Just a suggestion Barry ;-) .......but you may need a bit of Immac in the armpit regions 8-) ........

Yet more evidence the tide is turning.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/aug/11/more-than-100-pro-leave-constituencies-switch-to-remain

Also, there's now a majority for remain in Wales.

Among the constituencies to switch from leave to remain are those of Boris Johnson and Michael Gove, and three Labour seats that have pro-leave MPs (including Frank Field).

The 632 seats in England, Scotland and Wales were examined for the study. It found that 112 had switched from Leave to Remain. The new analysis suggests there are now 341 seats with majority Remain support, up from 229 seats at the referendum.

One seat has switched support in Scotland and 97 have switched in England, while 14 of the 40 seats in Wales have changed from Leave to Remain. Overall, the model puts Remain on 53% support, with 47% backing Leave.

There has to be a second referendum surely now.

Barryd999 - 2018-08-12 12:28 PM

Yet more evidence the tide is turning.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/aug/11/more-than-100-pro-leave-constituencies-switch-to-remain

Also, there's now a majority for remain in Wales.

Among the constituencies to switch from leave to remain are those of Boris Johnson and Michael Gove, and three Labour seats that have pro-leave MPs (including Frank Field).

The 632 seats in England, Scotland and Wales were examined for the study. It found that 112 had switched from Leave to Remain. The new analysis suggests there are now 341 seats with majority Remain support, up from 229 seats at the referendum.

One seat has switched support in Scotland and 97 have switched in England, while 14 of the 40 seats in Wales have changed from Leave to Remain. Overall, the model puts Remain on 53% support, with 47% backing Leave.

There has to be a second referendum surely now.

I don't think it should be presented as a second referendum, Barry, just as a referendum. The first wasn't really a referendum at all, it was reduced to an opinion poll on whose mood music was most popular. In the light of what we now know, that wasn't explained, or even mentioned, before that opinion poll (AKA referendum) was conducted, it doesn't warrant the title of referendum. It was rather like holding a referendum on whether people wanted to pay lower taxes, without first telling them what services would be eliminated as a consequence. Informed choice? Hardly.

This is our first chance to hold a proper referendum with people voting on the basis of genuine information on what Brexit is really likely to mean for our collective future - always assuming the government decides not to keep the truth in the dark (again :-() until after the vote. Will they? Hmmmmmmmmmm. I'm becoming more and more cynical about what's really going on.

malc d - 2018-08-12 1:21 PM

IF we have a second referendum - what happens if the result is very close ( whichever side wins ) ?

(?)

I Dont think it will be close. The Brexiteers have lost just about every argument in favour of Brexit over the past two years its just that 90% of the public have switched off. The polls show a small swing to remain but a new campaign would bring people up to speed. I reckon it would be 60-40 in favour of staying.

Barryd999 - 2018-08-12 2:00 PM

IF we have a second referendum - what happens if the result is very close ( whichever side wins ) ?

(?)

I Dont think it will be close.

Nor did David Cameron.

( I see you didn't / couldn't answer my question )

;-)

malc d - 2018-08-12 3:55 PM

(?)

I Dont think it will be close.

Nor did David Cameron.

( I see you didn't / couldn't answer my question )

;-)

Well I could be wrong of course. If it was very close either way then if it was a remain vote I suppose we could say there is still confusion over Brexit and we are not sure what we want which lets face it was the outcome of the first referendum but we could decide to stay and hold another referendum in say five years time. If it was yet another marginal vote to leave then I guess we would have to honour it and leave. If after all we know now and how drastic Brexit looks the people still chose to leave then I do hope we leave properly with no deals or cherry picking nonsense. I would give it a year before we would be banging on the door to be back in but heaven knows what it will have cost us.

We knew nothing two years ago, we just went on what the Brexit biased media told us and gut feeling on the day. Now we know so much more it should make sense to everyone to confirm that its what everybody still wants.

(?)

It will be divisive and unsatisfactory, just like the last one. The only difference will be (assuming the government does its job properly and lays out what has been agreed, and its probable consequences, before the vote), that there will be no scope for anyone claiming, after the event, that they weren't adequately informed.

However, all Article 50 sets out is the rules for leaving, which is basically not a negotiation but a costed legal assessment of what liabilities and benefits we have accumulated at the point of departure. Those assets and liabilities stem from the various treaties we have entered into with the other 27 members over the past 45 odd years, from all of which we shall be withdrawing.

The real negotiations will be over what terms can be agreed as a "third country" to secure continuation of whatever features of EU membership we wish to maintain once we've left. That is what the "transition period" is all about: the period when we continue to operate as though we were still members, accepting EU legislation and regulations, while seeking to agree terms on whatever features of EU membership we can maintain, while abandoning others. Those terms will come at a price, as will the (presently apparent) alternative of total withdrawal. No free lunches in either case, I strongly suspect. Staying in has a price, leaving will have a price, and being partially in (as the government is trying to achieve) will have a price. In each case there will be benefits and disbenefits.

The judgements we shall have to make (third referendum?? :-)) are whether the disbenefits of any of those options, once each is costed, are outweighed by the benefits. I think the most probable outcome will be that we shall finish up with a "least worst" outcome, and not a "best" outcome, because by the time the terms for maintaining a partially in status are finalised, the best outcome will be off the table.

(?)

I Dont think it will be close. The Brexiteers have lost just about every argument in favour of Brexit over the past two years its just that 90% of the public have switched off. The polls show a small swing to remain but a new campaign would bring people up to speed. I reckon it would be 60-40 in favour of staying.

90% of the public have switched off ... Lordy if only you were one of those ... All thats changed is that a massive onslaught for 2 years regarding bad news Brexit has frightened folk to possibly change their minds much like project fear scared folk not to vote leave ... Tough we've had the neverendum , you lost deal with it ... How much longer does this crap have to go on for ... Liverpool lost the 1977 FA Cup Final ... I'd like a rematch

antony1969 - 2018-08-12 8:57 PM

(?)

90% of the public have switched off ... Lordy if only you were one of those ... All thats changed is that a massive onslaught for 2 years regarding bad news Brexit has frightened folk to possibly change their minds much like project fear scared folk not to vote leave ... Tough we've had the neverendum , you lost deal with it ... How much longer does this crap have to go on for ... Liverpool lost the 1977 FA Cup Final ... I'd like a rematch

Or perhaps the public are actually slowly starting to realise just how bad a decision voting leave and leaving the EU was, those that have being paying attention that is. Nobody won or lost anything. It was an advisory referendum and we havent left yet.

Archived