pelmetman - 2019-02-19 4:18 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-19 4:13 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-19 4:04 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-19 3:56 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-19 3:47 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-19 3:42 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-19 2:45 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-19 2:35 PM

I'm afraid until it directly impacts on those individuals lives they won't ever accept they got it wrong. When a father was asked why he'd voted Brexit with a son who worked at Airbus, he replied, "so what....i voted for what i want, not for him", you realise how selfish some people are. The father of course was a retired pensioner.

It was ever thus ;-) ...........The majority votes for what is best for them :D .............

So using the same example......you'd vote your own family member out of a job? *-)

Seeing as they're all self employed I cant see how I could :-S .........

Emboldened the words to make it easier for you to understand what i asked you. Try again.

Yep ;-) ...........

So you'd willingly put a member of your own family out of work just to get what you want.

Staggering.

Yep.......we all voted for what's best for the country.........we're not selfish like you Remoaners >:-) .....

Actually you just said you'd willingly vote to put one of your family members out of work to get what you wanted for yourself. If that's not being selfish i don't what is. You say you "voted for what's best for the country" when all around we've seen nothing but businesses leaving UK to relocate where they can continue successfully and thousands of folk being thrown out of work. And you believe this is what's "best for the country"? :-S

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-19 4:39 PM

I'm afraid until it directly impacts on those individuals lives they won't ever accept they got it wrong. When a father was asked why he'd voted Brexit with a son who worked at Airbus, he replied, "so what....i voted for what i want, not for him", you realise how selfish some people are. The father of course was a retired pensioner.

It was ever thus ;-) ...........The majority votes for what is best for them :D .............

So using the same example......you'd vote your own family member out of a job? *-)

Emboldened the words to make it easier for you to understand what i asked you. Try again.

Yep ;-) ...........

So you'd willingly put a member of your own family out of work just to get what you want.

Staggering.

Yep.......we all voted for what's best for the country.........we're not selfish like you Remoaners >:-) .....

Actually you just said you'd willingly vote to put one of your family members out of work to get what you wanted for yourself. If that's not being selfish i don't what is. You say you "voted for what's best for the country" when all around we've seen nothing but businesses leaving UK to relocate where they can continue successfully and thousands of folk being thrown out of work. And you believe this is what's "best for the country"? :-S

So how many of the 1.9 million UK businesses are leaving the UK COMPLETELY? ;-) .........and those who are just relocating a few staff don't count >:-) ...........

Give us the names to back up your assertion :D ..........

pelmetman - 2019-02-19 4:52 PM

Yep ;-) ...........

Staggering.

So how many of the 1.9 million UK businesses are leaving the UK COMPLETELY? ;-) .........and those who are just relocating a few staff don't count >:-) ...........

But you don't even care in putting one of your own family members out of a job.....so why would you care anything about any UK businesses?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-19 5:10 PM

Yep ;-) ...........

Staggering.

But you don't even care in putting one of your own family members out of a job.....so why would you care anything about any UK businesses?

So that's not a very long list then? (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-02-19 5:40 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-19 5:10 PM

Yep ;-) ...........

Staggering.

So that's not a very long list then? (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

You've got a computer, you know how to use google so get searching. There's plenty listed but you won't look because you don't give a damn.......not even about putting one of your own family out of a job.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-19 6:02 PM

You've got a computer, you know how to use google so get searching. There's plenty listed but you won't look because you don't give a damn.......not even about putting one of your own family out of a job.

I've looked.........and I cant find any that are relocating completely because of Brexit? ;-) ........

There's a few that are sensible moving their European HQ.........to guess where.....Europe :D ........

So come on Bullet name names?.........BTW dont bother with Honda as that excuse already been shot down in flames >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-02-19 6:09 PM

I've looked.........and I cant find any because i don't want to and don't care anyway ;-) ........

Fixed that for you.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-19 6:49 PM

I've looked.........and I cant find any because they don't exist ;-) ........

I've lost the argument

(lol) ...........

Fast Pat - 2019-02-18 7:08 PM

teflon2 - 2019-02-18 6:58 PM

Paranoid or not you seem to have dropped the we were not lied to comment. As I said Brian the information we were fed was meant to deceive and like a fool I was one who was deceived. I've 40+ years to watch where the EU is going but I didn't need that it was obvious within the 1st few that the only countries to benefit were to be the mainland Europe ones Ask yourself why did Greenland leave the EU in 1985 if not to protect their fish stocks from over-fishing by the mainland EU countries ? Now we need to follow them and regain our sovereignty. Just look all EU associated countries are now called states.

Greenland has 50,000 inhabitants and fishing contributes to 50% of economy. The UK fishing industry employs 24,000 people and the fishing and fish processing industries accounted for 0.12% of the all UK economic output.

How many people do you think were (past tense) employed in car manufacturing in the UK and what % of GDP?

So by your own comment it's OK for the EU to almost ruin the economy of a small island to satisfy the destructive fish quotas given to the EU mainland fishing fleets, you obviously like bully's. By the way their leave vote was 52% ring any bells. (?)

pelmetman - 2019-02-19 4:02 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-02-19 3:53 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-19 3:01 PM...………..

1 Brexit has nothing to do with International businesses getting ready for a recession and restructuring *-) .........

2 It's just provided them with a useful whipping post ;-) ........

3 Do you actually think canceling Brexit will make a blind bit of difference??? 8-) .........

1 It does, but you refuse to see it. What the international businesses are seeing is that when the recession comes, Britain will be worse affected as a result of Brexit than other countries, and so will take longer to recover - especially if we Brexit with no deal. But look at how many are relocating into mainland Europe. How does that equate to them seeing the decline of Europe and the renaissance of the UK that you so love opining on?

2 So consider, why do they want that whipping post? See last sentence above!

3 Difference to what? To the damage that has already been done (which you seem to think advantageous): no, those jobs have gone. Too late. To the damage yet to be done, yes, by minimising the outflow and so the damage.

1......Que?........Seeing as the UK is doing better than much of the EU in spite of Brexit :-S ........

2......They want a whipping post because it sounds better than telling staff that they're getting the sack because some bloke in Slovakia will work for peanuts and their government has offered them millions to move *-) .........

3.......The damage you refer to was going to happen as soon as governments starting blaming diesels for global warming ;-) ........

1 That is not what they are looking at. That is what has already happened. They are planning, so looking forward. It is what they expect to happen.

2 That may be what you think, but that is in your imagination.

3 To some extent yes, but the Brexit uncertainty and costs will make the UK a less attractive place to be.

pelmetman - 2019-02-19 6:52 PM

I've looked.........and I cant find any because i don't want to and i don't care. ;-) ........

(lol) ...........

It's about time you began taking matters more seriously. I imagine there's more than a few British immigrants in Spain who would wipe that silly grin off your gob......permanently.

Bulletguy - 2019-02-19 7:40 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-19 6:52 PM

I've looked.........and I cant find any because i don't want to and i don't care. ;-) ........

(lol) ...........

It's about time you began taking matters more seriously. I imagine there's more than a few British immigrants in Spain who would wipe that silly grin off your gob......permanently.

Dont think talk of violence towards David makes your point more valid ... Given your dodgy history on here regarding bunny boiler stuff if I was David I might think about informing the local police about personal safety

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-02-19 7:30 PM

1 Brexit has nothing to do with International businesses getting ready for a recession and restructuring *-) .........

3 Do you actually think canceling Brexit will make a blind bit of difference??? 8-) .........

1 It does, but you refuse to see it. What the international businesses are seeing is that when the recession comes, Britain will be worse affected as a result of Brexit than other countries, and so will take longer to recover - especially if we Brexit with no deal. But look at how many are relocating into mainland Europe. How does that equate to them seeing the decline of Europe and the renaissance of the UK that you so love opining on?

3 Difference to what? To the damage that has already been done (which you seem to think advantageous): no, those jobs have gone. Too late. To the damage yet to be done, yes, by minimising the outflow and so the damage.

1......Que?........Seeing as the UK is doing better than much of the EU in spite of Brexit :-S ........

2......They want a whipping post because it sounds better than telling staff that they're getting the sack because some bloke in Slovakia will work for peanuts and their government has offered them millions to move *-) .........

3.......The damage you refer to was going to happen as soon as governments starting blaming diesels for global warming ;-) ........

1 That is not what they are looking at. That is what has already happened. They are planning, so looking forward. It is what they expect to happen.

3 To some extent yes, but the Brexit uncertainty and costs will make the UK a less attractive place to be.

1.....I expect the UK to flourish.......

2.....Perhaps you know which companies are going to relocate to the EU because of Brexit?......Or are they in your imagination?

3....So Honda closing their factory in Turkey is due to Brexit? ;-) .........So what about the one they're closing in Japan? *-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-19 7:40 PM

I imagine there's more than a few British immigrants in Spain who would wipe that silly grin off your gob......

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ............ (lol) (lol) (lol) .......... >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-02-19 7:56 PM

2.....Perhaps you know which companies are going to relocate to the EU because of Brexit?......Or are they in your imagination?

3....So Honda closing their factory in Turkey is due to Brexit? ;-) .........So what about the one they're closing in Japan? *-) ..........

1 You may, they don't. With major investments at stake, I'm persuaded by them. There you go.

2 Relevance to whipping post?

3 Not interested in Turkey or Japan, just in jobs and revenue earning production in UK.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-02-20 8:03 AM

pelmetman - 2019-02-19 7:56 PM

1 You may, they don't. With major investments at stake, I'm persuaded by them. There you go.

3 Not interested in Turkey or Japan, just in jobs and revenue earning production in UK.

1.....I guess we'll have to wait and see......

2.....You have tried to blame the closure of Honda on Brexit.......Honda have denied that and proved the fact by relocating to Japan and not the EU.......

3.....UK employment hasn't been this high since the 70's .......proving that Brexit is the best thing to happen to UK PLC in decades B-) .........

4.....Hows that list of UK companies relocating to the EU coming on? ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-02-20 8:26 AM

2.....You have tried to blame the closure of Honda on Brexit.......Honda have denied that and proved the fact by relocating to Japan and not the EU.......

3.....UK employment hasn't been this high since the 70's .......proving that Brexit is the best thing to happen to UK PLC in decades B-) .........

4.....Hows that list of UK companies relocating to the EU coming on? ;-) ..........

1 We shall.

2 I haven't made any reference to the Honda plant closing because of Brexit. Having said that, Brexit will hardly have improved its prospects.

3 It proves nothing of the sort. Brexit has not yet happened. It is what happens after Brexit that concerns me.

4 Relevance to whipping post?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-02-20 8:42 AM

1 We shall.

2 I haven't made any reference to the Honda plant closing because of Brexit. Having said that, Brexit will hardly have improved its prospects.

3 It proves nothing of the sort. Brexit has not yet happened. It is what happens after Brexit that concerns me.

1.......Agreed.....

2.......So you think if we cancelled Brexit...... Honda would stay? ;-) ..........

3.......Your experts said we would be 2 and a half years into a recession, and have 820,000 extra unemployed by now......But the total opposite has happened...........Is that not proof that your experts are useless??? 8-) ..........

4 .......You Remoaners claim hundreds of UK businesses are relocating to the EU......Evidence please? >:-) ......

pelmetman - 2019-02-20 9:40 AM

1 We shall.

1.......Agreed.....

2.......So you think if we cancelled Brexit...... Honda would stay? ;-) ..........

3.......Your experts said we would be 2 and a half years into a recession, and have 820,000 extra unemployed by now......But the total opposite has happened...........Is that not proof that your experts are useless??? 8-) ..........

4 .......You Remoaners claim hundreds of UK businesses are relocating to the EU......Evidence please? >:-) ......

1 :-)

2 No, they have decided and have put all their staff on notice, so are very unlikely to reverse that decision.

3 Not "my" experts.

4 I have not made that claim. However, it is evident from the news that firms are re-locating offices, factories, staff etc. Why now? :-D

The only things that are clear at present are that we don't know if Brexit will take place, we don't know what form Brexit will take, we don't know definitively when Brexit will take place, and we don't know what the post-Brexit relationship with the EU might be. Given that degree of uncertainty, few firms will make radical changes in anticipation. Doesn't make sense. Some are positioning themselves to be able to continue trading in the EU whatever form Brexit takes. Others will wait and see, and then decide. But, whichever way it goes, I see no reports of increasing numbers of companies and jobs flocking to the UK, only reports of companies and jobs going the other way. The other thing I see is reports from firms which trade extensively with the EU saying that all forms of Brexit will add delay and cost to their businesses. I assume they know their day jobs well enough to know what they are talking about. So 2 + 2 = ?

Brian Kirby - 2019-02-20 10:53 AM

1 We shall.

1.......Agreed.....

2 No, they have decided and have put all their staff on notice, so are very unlikely to reverse that decision.

3 Not "my" experts.

4 I have not made that claim. However, it is evident from the news that firms are re-locating offices, factories, staff etc. Why now? :-D

The only things that are clear at present are that we don't know if Brexit will take place, we don't know what form Brexit will take, we don't know definitively when Brexit will take place, and we don't know what the post-Brexit relationship with the EU might be. Given that degree of uncertainty, few firms will make radical changes in anticipation. Doesn't make sense. Some are positioning themselves to be able to continue trading in the EU whatever form Brexit takes. Others will wait and see, and then decide. But, whichever way it goes, I see no reports of increasing numbers of companies and jobs flocking to the UK, only reports of companies and jobs going the other way. The other thing I see is reports from firms which trade extensively with the EU saying that all forms of Brexit will add delay and cost to their businesses. I assume they know their day jobs well enough to know what they are talking about. So 2 + 2 = ?

Doesn't look like Pelmet has an answer for you Brian. Over 12 hours and not a peep from him on this.....very strange. I think you confused him after the second line in!

Guest pelmetman

1 We shall.

1.......Agreed.....

3 Not "my" experts.

2.......They made that decision back in 2017 when Japan signed the FTA with the EU aka Germany who will be the major beneficiary of tariff free access for their cars to Japan *-) ........

3........Oh I see (lol) ..........You've disowned your experts who get it wrong :D ..........Do you have any that have got it right???? :-S ...........

4........So its another Remoaner myth.........and all that's happening is that a minuscule number of the 5.4 million UK firms are setting up European HQ's in.........Europe :-> ..........

Another myth that has been spouted by you Remoaners is the extra cost of exporting, which has been explained to you by me and others who HAVE EXPORTED..........is another piece of paper that's all *-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-02-21 8:23 AM

1 We shall.

1.......Agreed.....

3 Not "my" experts.

2.......They made that decision back in 2017 when Japan signed the FTA with the EU aka Germany who will be the major beneficiary of tariff free access for their cars to Japan *-) ........

3........Oh I see (lol) ..........You've disowned your experts who get it wrong :D ..........Do you have any that have got it right???? :-S ...........

4........So its another Remoaner myth.........and all that's happening is that a minuscule number of the 5.4 million UK firms are setting up European HQ's in.........Europe :-> ..........

Another myth that has been spouted by you Remoaners is the extra cost of exporting, which has been explained to you by me and others who HAVE EXPORTED..........is another piece of paper that's all *-) ........

Yesterday you were quoting "1.9 million UK companies".....today that's now suddenly gone up to "5.4 million UK companies". Where have these extra 3.5 million "new companies" suddenly sprouted from overnight during the past 24 hours other than in your wild imagination? You've just been plucking any old figures out of thin air and making stuff up as you fumble along!

Brian also said in his post, "I see no reports of increasing numbers of companies and jobs flocking to the UK, only reports of companies and jobs going the other way."

Putting it bluntly it's very much a case of 'one way traffic'.......unless you have links from credible and reliable sources to disprove that?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-21 4:35 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-21 8:23 AM

1 We shall.

1.......Agreed.....

3 Not "my" experts.

Yesterday you were quoting "1.9 million UK companies".....today that's now suddenly gone up to "5.4 million UK companies". Where have these extra 3.5 million "new companies" suddenly sprouted from overnight during the past 24 hours other than in your wild imagination? You've just been plucking any old figures out of thin air and making stuff up as you fumble along!

Brian also said in his post, "I see no reports of increasing numbers of companies and jobs flocking to the UK, only reports of companies and jobs going the other way."

Putting it bluntly it's very much a case of 'one way traffic'.......unless you have links from credible and reliable sources to disprove that?

Will a briefing paper from the House of Commons do? >:-) ........

"The usual definition of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) is any business with fewer than 250 employees. There were 5.7 million SMEs in the UK in 2018, which was over 99% of all businesses. Micro-businesses have 0-9 employees.Dec 12, 2018"

file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/SN06152%20(1).pdf

The 1.9 million refers to Ltd companies ;-) ...........

Archived