The EU has no ideas at all?

StuartO

If Eu trade and togetherness actually worked I would be happy to be part of it. But examples of its failure are.....France refusing to stop parliament swapping between Brussels and Strasbourg costing tens of millions every month.....Spain doesn’t allow our military to overfly their mainland to go to Gibraltar. It’s like football teams they all hate each other and only want ways best for themselves. Trade but forget the rest.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Boris is in for a beating from his lord and master Cummings on his return after his "The onus is on the UK" slip up with Merkel. Come on then Boris. Lets have your solution then now you have admitted that its our responsibility to come up with it.

Merkel is way to clever and experienced for that buffoon.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-22 12:23 PM

Sounds like Boris is in for a beating from his lord and master Cummings on his return after his "The onus is on the UK" slip up with Merkel. Come on then Boris. Lets have your solution then now you have admitted that its our responsibility to come up with it.

Looks to me like Boris has made her eat her own words ... https://news.sky.com/video/wir-schaffen-das-pm-uses-merkels-catchphrase-we-can-do-it-11790864 ... Old shaky aint too happy

Birdbrain - 2019-08-22 1:28 PM

Looks to me like Boris has made her eat her own words ... https://news.sky.com/video/wir-schaffen-das-pm-uses-merkels-catchphrase-we-can-do-it-11790864 ... Old shaky aint too happy

You can see now how the NHS Mental Health departments are under extreme pressure with the likes of Barry and a proportion of the 16 million other Remainers. It is very sad and I don't think throwing money at the problem will make much difference. :'(

jumpstart - 2019-08-22 11:48 AM

If Eu trade and togetherness actually worked I would be happy to be part of it. But examples of its failure are.....France refusing to stop parliament swapping between Brussels and Strasbourg costing tens of millions every month.....Spain doesn’t allow our military to overfly their mainland to go to Gibraltar. It’s like football teams they all hate each other and only want ways best for themselves. Trade but forget the rest.

It has to be more than just France refusing j/start as the arrangement was formally ratified by all member states hence to 'undo' that, requires unanimity of all states. It seems the EP themselves have wanted to sort it so its up to the member states to vote on it to get it changed.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/faq/19/why-does-parliament-move-between-brussels-and-strasbourg

747 - 2019-08-22 1:46 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-08-22 1:28 PM

You can see now how the NHS Mental Health departments are under extreme pressure with the likes of Barry and a proportion of the 16 million other Remainers. It is very sad and I don't think throwing money at the problem will make much difference. :'(

I believe the NHS give Barry and the rest the same prescription ... A dummy and a couple of packs of disposable nappies

Pelmet already has it sorted. Apparently "It will work because the Irish economy will be fecked unless it does" :-S

Bulletguy - 2019-08-22 1:54 PM

It has to be more than just France refusing j/start as the arrangement was formally ratified by all member states hence to 'undo' that, requires unanimity of all states. It seems the EP themselves have wanted to sort it so its up to the member states to vote on it to get it changed.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/faq/19/why-does-parliament-move-between-brussels-and-strasbourg

I believe recently all other countries were happy to stop except France.

jumpstart - 2019-08-22 2:09 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-08-22 1:54 PM

I believe recently all other countries were happy to stop except France.

At least those countries are still 'at the table' but yes, it requires unanimity.

Birdbrain - 2019-08-22 2:03 PM

Doesnt seem to matter how many times its said by our PM that the Government has no intention of enforcing the border it just doesnt seem to get in their thick skulls ... Lordy My

Talking of thick skulls we have been here a hundred times. If the uk wants to trade on WTO rules it will have to enforce a border unless it applies zero tariffs to every single country it trades with which would be economic suicide and why would there be any incentive for anyone to do a trade deal with us if we did that?

Anyway fear not. Boris has told the world today that it's our problem to resolve not the EU's which means the buck now stops with Boris and the Brexiteers as does the blame if they Fcuk it up. You have 30 days boris! Chop chop!

747 - 2019-08-21 8:01 PM

Yes Barry, the Government and its Departments are not to be trusted ...

... by the way, did you watch the News?

It seems the Office for National Statistics have made statistical errors. Apparently the number of EU arrivals was underestimated. Oh yes, also the number of arrivals from non EU countries was overestimated.

It would appear that all the figures that Remainers quoted as official Government sources were in fact FAKE NEWS. :D You have been had me lad. 8-)

According to the news at 2pm eu migration to the uk is at an all time low, half of what it was in 2016.

Keep going like we are and nobody will want to come here, that should make a lot of Brexiteers happy until they have no fruit or cabbages or no nurses to look after them, or someone to check them

Into the travel tavern or wipe their arses in the care home which lets face it is where most of you belong.

It seems the Office for National Statistics have made statistical errors. Apparently the number of EU arrivals was underestimated. Oh yes, also the number of arrivals from non EU countries was overestimated.

It would appear that all the figures that Remainers quoted as official Government sources were in fact FAKE NEWS. :D You have been had me lad. 8-)

Further information here: http://tinyurl.com/y2mrjmav As usual, the headline created to encapsulate a complex issue over-simplifies. The difficulty lies in measuring who is visiting the UK, for how long, and for what purpose. It seems we had a decent system until 1998, but it was then dropped. You may think recording passports in and out might work, but for some reason we don't do that. Can't imagine why! :-D

pelmetman - 2019-08-21 9:36 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-08-21 7:32 PM

That they refuse rather suggests that they know full well it is not solvable, while being feeble-minded enough to "think" that if we leave with no agreement on the border, leaving the EU to protect its own external border, no one will think that has anything to do with the UK.

I suggest its folk like you who refuse to accept the problems are solvable *-) ..........

So, as John was so undiplomatic as to point out, you don't know either! :-D

It is not a matter of refusing to believe a tricky issue can't be solved, it is a matter of hearing all and sundry saying it can be solved, but never saying how. The Brexiters completely forgot about the NI border when they were saying how easy Brexit would be to implement. Over three years later they still have no ideas for solving this problem. As I said, their failure to present to parliament, the British people, or the EU, a workable solution entitles one to draw the conclusion that they have looked down the back of all the sofas, and failed to find one. They know this better than anyone else, but can't admit it for purely political reasons.

So, if you know how it can be solved, why not run it past us before you trot off to tell Boris. We'll help you avoid the embarrassment of getting a meeting with the PM - and then finding out it has already been discounted as unworkable. Must be worth a try, mustn't it, though for the life of me I can't begin to see what it could be. Still, I don't want to spoil you moment of triumph. Don't be shy, just tell us what you think the others have missed. :-D

pelmetman - 2019-08-21 9:27 PM

It's all a bit like Simple Simon, isn't it, where the Pie-man (the EU)

Have you found a decent pie in the EU Brian? :-S .........

The only half decent pies I've found were made by Brit butchers working in the sun B-) .......

Pies are a British speciality, Dave, and most of the ones for sale in the UK are a sad reflection of what they should be.

So, why expect to find pies in Europe - though the French do some pretty good stuff "en croute". But, even those aren't proper pies.

You need to adapt your diet to suit the country you're in, not wander around whinging that Johnny Foreigner doesn't make proper English food. Europe is completely wasted on you! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2019-08-22 3:55 PM

The only half decent pies I've found were made by Brit butchers working in the sun B-) .......

Pies are a British speciality, Dave, and most of the ones for sale in the UK are a sad reflection of what they should be.

So, why expect to find pies in Europe - though the French do some pretty good stuff "en croute". But, even those aren't proper pies.

You need to adapt your diet to suit the country you're in, not wander around whinging that Johnny Foreigner doesn't make proper English food. Europe is completely wasted on you! :-D

Pelmet only goes to Spain because he knows there are plenty of bacon butty and burger bars and cheap plonk to get drunk. He thinks a Paella is some kind of foreign pie made by a woman called Ella. :-|

Brian Kirby - 2019-08-22 3:47 PM

pelmetman - 2019-08-21 9:36 PM

That they refuse rather suggests that they know full well it is not solvable, while being feeble-minded enough to "think" that if we leave with no agreement on the border, leaving the EU to protect its own external border, no one will think that has anything to do with the UK.

I suggest its folk like you who refuse to accept the problems are solvable *-) ..........

So, as John was so undiplomatic as to point out, you don't know either! :-D

It is not a matter of refusing to believe a tricky issue can't be solved, it is a matter of hearing all and sundry saying it can be solved, but never saying how. The Brexiters completely forgot about the NI border when they were saying how easy Brexit would be to implement. Over three years later they still have no ideas for solving this problem. As I said, their failure to present to parliament, the British people, or the EU, a workable solution entitles one to draw the conclusion that they have looked down the back of all the sofas, and failed to find one. They know this better than anyone else, but can't admit it for purely political reasons.

So, if you know how it can be solved, why not run it past us before you trot off to tell Boris. We'll help you avoid the embarrassment of getting a meeting with the PM - and then finding out it has already been discounted as unworkable. Must be worth a try, mustn't it, though for the life of me I can't begin to see what it could be. Still, I don't want to spoil you moment of triumph. Don't be shy, just tell us what you think the others have missed. :-D

Your absolutely right, not a word was mentioned.

Brian Kirby - 2019-08-22 3:55 PM

You obviously haven’t tried the pies in the Lochinver Larder. Fantastic. Not sure for how long we will be able to call them British though.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-22 2:56 PM

Doesnt seem to matter how many times its said by our PM that the Government has no intention of enforcing the border it just doesnt seem to get in their thick skulls ... Lordy My

Talking of thick skulls we have been here a hundred times. If the uk wants to trade on WTO rules it will have to enforce a border unless it applies zero tariffs to every single country it trades with which would be economic suicide and why would there be any incentive for anyone to do a trade deal with us if we did that?

That is a blatant lie the W.T.O. does not require a member nation to enforce its border

(!)

While I,m at it your statement that you know of no digital process for trans border transit shows you know very little about it as again I quote T.I.R has a system it's called e-CMR it is in operation and is proved to work.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-22 3:03 PM

According to the news at 2pm eu migration to the uk is at an all time low, half of what it was in 2016.

Keep going like we are and nobody will want to come here, that should make a lot of Brexiteers happy until they have no fruit or cabbages or no nurses to look after them, or someone to check them

Into the travel tavern or wipe their arses in the care home which lets face it is where most of you belong.

Barry, the ONS have been caught out with 2 big lies. Firstly massaging the figures down for those lovely EU immigrants (I don't know if they included the estimated 200,000 Roma gypsies) and then massaging the figures upwards for non EU immigrants to scare us into remaining in the EU.

I don't believe a word you say because your information comes from a dubious, politically motivated source.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-22 2:56 PM

Anyway fear not. Boris has told the world today that it's our problem to resolve not the EU's which means the buck now stops with Boris and the Brexiteers as does the blame if they Fcuk it up. You have 30 days boris! Chop chop!

Maybe you need to tell the Irish and WTO about your superior insider knowledge Barry ... https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/wto-says-its-rules-would-not-force-eu-or-uk-to-erect-hard-irish-border-1.3710136

747 - 2019-08-22 6:44 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-08-22 3:03 PM

Barry, the ONS have been caught out with 2 big lies. Firstly massaging the figures down for those lovely EU immigrants (I don't know if they included the estimated 200,000 Roma gypsies) and then massaging the figures upwards for non EU immigrants to scare us into remaining in the EU.

What source have you had that from?

Archived