Vote Liberal

jumpstart

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2019-10-01 11:09 AM

So let the “people “decide again and MP’s. say No.dont like that.

The Loser Brigade keep saying they want an election ;-) .........

Yet they have bottled it twice *-) .......

They cant hide from us for ever >:-) ........

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is it was a binary question with a multitude of answers. Once we know what the only available outcome is be it Johnsons deal or no deal if the MPs cannot decide on either then the public will have to. If its legally binding the government would have to implement whatever the public decides which to me is looking like a choice between no deal or remain. Johnsons fake deal will get thrown out by the EU and Parliament I suspect so what other options are there?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-10-01 11:36 AM

The problem is it was a binary question with a multitude of answers. Once we know what the only available outcome is be it Johnsons deal or no deal if the MPs cannot decide on either then the public will have to. If its legally binding the government would have to implement whatever the public decides which to me is looking like a choice between no deal or remain. Johnsons fake deal will get thrown out by the EU and Parliament I suspect so what other options are there?

Leave with NO DEAL >:-) ..........

There you go again, same old mantra. You can whine and stamp your foot as many times as you want, alll I want is you to either come up with something different or STFU!.

Guest pelmetman
747 - 2019-10-01 12:01 PM

There you go again, same old mantra. You can whine and stamp your foot as many times as you want, alll I want is you to either come up with something different or STFU!.

I'm starting to fear for Barry's mental health 8-) ..........

He used to be just mental :D.........

He's obviously put to many loony lefty nuts in his fruitcake >:-) ........

How is that whining or stamping my foot? Jumpstart asked a question and I answered it. Come up with something different you say? There isnt anything different. That is the situation we are now in. Possible sh1t deal which looks like it may never materialise or no deal and parliament probably wont accept either. You come up with something different. You got us into this mess.

pelmetman - 2019-10-01 11:45 AM

Leave with NO DEAL >:-) ..........

No mandate or majority in the house or the public.

Barryd999 - 2019-10-01 3:45 PM

How is that whining or stamping my foot? Jumpstart asked a question and I answered it. Come up with something different you say? There isnt anything different. That is the situation we are now in. Possible sh1t deal which looks like it may never materialise or no deal and parliament probably wont accept either. You come up with something different. You got us into this mess.

Wrong. The EU got us into this mess by having 17.4 Million people who want to be free of them. Most of those Millions would have settled for a few changes to the EU but that was never going to happen. Thhat became apparent in the way they snubbed and blanked David Cameron.

I have often wondered about Cameron. He says he regrets holding a referendum when I really think he did it to get some sort of revenge on his treatment by Brussels. His only regret is that he was a Remainer and thanks to him, we are leaving. ;-)

747 - 2019-10-01 4:43 PM

Wrong. The EU got us into this mess by having 17.4 Million people who want to be free of them. Most of those Millions would have settled for a few changes to the EU but that was never going to happen. Thhat became apparent in the way they snubbed and blanked David Cameron.

I have often wondered about Cameron. He says he regrets holding a referendum when I really think he did it to get some sort of revenge on his treatment by Brussels. His only regret is that he was a Remainer and thanks to him, we are leaving. ;-)

I have to agree with this. I was rather hoping Cameron would get some movement,but true to form the Eu couldn’t see past the end of its nose so we have the situation. Entirely down to the Eu .

-)

Christ you really have taken the Daily Heil kool aid and believed it? You know it purposely has a reading age of nine so that folks like you can understand it?

Wrong. The fecking media moguls got us into this mess. you say I keep going on but in three and a half years I have yet to find anyone who can tell me how being in the EU made their lives so bad personally that they wanted to leave so badly. You get the stock answers like too many foreigners coming over here taking up our services but its all from the Daily Mail.

Barryd999 - 2019-10-01 6:00 PM

Wrong. The fecking media moguls got us into this mess. you say I keep going on but in three and a half years I have yet to find anyone who can tell me how being in the EU made their lives so bad personally that they wanted to leave so badly. You get the stock answers like too many foreigners coming over here taking up our services but its all from the Daily Mail.

We’ve had this conversation before...and I said then,that’s not what it’s about. There are numerous things the Eu does and doesn’t do that I object to . I could have written them a letter,but do you think they would have listened. They didn’t to Cameron, so I voted against.

Fast Pat - 2019-10-01 4:57 PM

-)

Christ you really have taken the Daily Heil kool aid and believed it? You know it purposely has a reading age of nine so that folks like you can understand it?

What’s the DM got to do with it. What paper do you read(if at all) or is it only the Remain News Daily.

jumpstart - 2019-10-01 6:30 PM

We’ve had this conversation before...and I said then,that’s not what it’s about. There are numerous things the Eu does and doesn’t do that I object to . I could have written them a letter,but do you think they would have listened. They didn’t to Cameron, so I voted against.

Yes and I just remember you objecting to stuff you had read about. Nobody ever has any personal stories of how the eu has so badly effected their lives.

I could however tell you some cracking stories about how it has helped thousands of people In the region I live in.

We are wasting our time with this lot. They cannot see any fault in the way the EU is run, I blame those rose tinted specs they wear.

I am quite content that our future will be better outside of the EU. A difficult transition will have some impact but we will get over it. And just for clarity I am saying this to jumpstart and will totally ignore any claptrap from the usual suspects.

Barryd999 - 2019-10-01 7:10 PM

Yes and I just remember you objecting to stuff you had read about. Nobody ever has any personal stories of how the eu has so badly effected their lives.

I could however tell you some cracking stories about how it has helped thousands of people In the region I live in.

You don’t know thousands of people.

jumpstart - 2019-10-01 8:59 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-10-01 7:10 PM

You don’t know thousands of people.

Not personally but I did oversee hundreds of projects working directly with business owners a lot of which were funded by EU money from Northumberland to the Dales between 2001 and 2009 which helped create wealth, grow business, protect the environment, reduce carbon footprint, increase rural broadband and I saw the difference it made to the region and those peoples lives. It couldnt have come at a better time either as in 2001 a lot of funding and support was directed to address the dreadful foot and mouth that devastated much of the rural landscape where I live. So much so that farmers were taking shotguns and killing themselves. That led to a the fantastic charity UTASS being set up who I still work with today. They rely on funding and over the years some of it has come from the EU. I saw the EU plough money into some diverse and excellent projects from speciality sausage to a three million pound scheme to shore up the north Pennines landscape right through to supporting businesses in the cities like Newcastle and Sunderland. I am convinced this kind of help saw many through the horrendous crash and recession of 2008.

Its our money of course but this government has never given a toss about the North East so much of this would have gone unfunded without EU help.

747 - 2019-10-01 7:57 PM

We are wasting our time with this lot. They cannot see any fault in the way the EU is run, I blame those rose tinted specs they wear.

I am quite content that our future will be better outside of the EU. A difficult transition will have some impact but we will get over it. And just for clarity I am saying this to jumpstart and will totally ignore any claptrap from the usual suspects.

No your right. Its not perfect but ill tell you one thing thats pretty obvious to everyone now. Its fecking better run that our own government and parliament. Jeesaz! We should just give up and let Brussels run everything. (lol)

Brian, I think that you are being more than a little disingenuous with your recollection of the referendum. The referendum only came about because the politicians of the day were becoming concerned about the level of dissatisfaction being expressed by people in the UK, and elsewhere for that matter, and the Conservative leadership made a manifesto commitment to give the electorate a referendum on whether or not they wished to remain in the EU. Cameron's government made it clear from the outset that they would not support either side,but politicians and members of the government would be free to follow their consciences and campaign as they wished. The government could not have put forward any advice or conjecture without being seen to take sides, but it was left for anyone else to do so in support of their own cause, and many of them seemed to put more effort into trying to rubbish those with whom they did not agree than to put forward reasoned argument or information. I don't know whether the leavers were actually committed to their cause before the discussion stated, or whether they were influenced by all the Yahoo and bullsh*t of the campaign, or perhaps a bit of both, but it is clear that those who wanted to remain failed completely to put forward the information they needed to put out if they were to convince enough of the electorate to vote remain, but they had every opportunity to do so but for whatever reason they did not succeed.

As I have said, no-one knows how this will all work out, or how it would have worked out if we had not had the referendum, or if the remain side had prevailed and we had continued as before, not even the economists with all their computer modelling and sophisticated techniques, because these things are entirely dependent on the information put into them, and the interpretation made by the economists in the first place, and I'm sure you will remember the adage that was drummed into us in the early days of our wrestling with computers " GIGO " , remember?, Garbarge in Garbage out. Even experts can and do get it very wrong, quite often, sometimes rather spectacularly, frequently very expensively. We did know even back then that many of the EU countries where not doing very well economically, we do know that there were and still are people in most if not all of the EU countries who want things to change. We do know that the movers and shakers in Brussells do not wish to do anything that might upset their wonderful way of life, and we do know that a small country can exert such extrordinary power that they can jeopardise such entities as the German auto industry if they do not get their own way, it hardly seems democratic or reasonable.

Rather than rely on the opinions of the the so called experts and pundits, put their predictions to one side for a while, and consider what could happen. Is it realistic to suppose that if the goods and services which we obtain from the EU were to become more expensive we would stop buying them? Is there no other country in the World that could sell us motor vehicles at competitive prices? By eating a bit more of our home grown agricultural produce and importing some from other parts of the World could we perhaps avoid starvation? Would it be too terrible if our policemen had to drive round in Nissans or Fords instead of BMWs? Maybe we could replace some of those immigrant workers from the EU with people from the ranks of the unemployed, or other parts of the World. Is it reasonable to think that with a few exceptions the devastating shortages of all the goods that are imported from Europe could be re-scheduled, or brought in by a different route, to make sure that we are able to continue to live. We are not dependent on the EU for our security or our prosperity, but they lean pretty heavily on us, and we should be able to get most , if not all, of what we want if they stop thinking that this country is run by a bunch of anarchists and start to negotiate with us, and don't worry about whether or not it can be done within some imposed timetable, because if the incentive is there, then a timetable can be drawn up.

AGD

Brian, I think that you are being more than a little disingenuous with your recollection of the referendum. The referendum only came about because the politicians of the day were becoming concerned about the level of dissatisfaction being expressed by people in the UK, and elsewhere for that matter, and the Conservative leadership made a manifesto commitment to give the electorate a referendum on whether or not they wished to remain in the EU. Cameron's government made it clear from the outset that they would not support either side,but politicians and members of the government would be free to follow their consciences and campaign as they wished. The government could not have put forward any advice or conjecture without being seen to take sides, but it was left for anyone else to do so in support of their own cause, and many of them seemed to put more effort into trying to rubbish those with whom they did not agree than to put forward reasoned argument or information. I don't know whether the leavers were actually committed to their cause before the discussion stated, or whether they were influenced by all the Yahoo and bullsh*t of the campaign, or perhaps a bit of both, but it is clear that those who wanted to remain failed completely to put forward the information they needed to put out if they were to convince enough of the electorate to vote remain, but they had every opportunity to do so but for whatever reason they did not succeed.

As I have said, no-one knows how this will all work out, or how it would have worked out if we had not had the referendum, or if the remain side had prevailed and we had continued as before, not even the economists with all their computer modelling and sophisticated techniques, because these things are entirely dependent on the information put into them, and the interpretation made by the economists in the first place, and I'm sure you will remember the adage that was drummed into us in the early days of our wrestling with computers " GIGO " , remember?, Garbarge in Garbage out. Even experts can and do get it very wrong, quite often, sometimes rather spectacularly, frequently very expensively. We did know even back then that many of the EU countries where not doing very well economically, we do know that there were and still are people in most if not all of the EU countries who want things to change. We do know that the movers and shakers in Brussells do not wish to do anything that might upset their wonderful way of life, and we do know that a small country can exert such extrordinary power that they can jeopardise such entities as the German auto industry if they do not get their own way, it hardly seems democratic or reasonable.

Rather than rely on the opinions of the the so called experts and pundits, put their predictions to one side for a while, and consider what could happen. Is it realistic to suppose that if the goods and services which we obtain from the EU were to become more expensive we would stop buying them? Is there no other country in the World that could sell us motor vehicles at competitive prices? By eating a bit more of our home grown agricultural produce and importing some from other parts of the World could we perhaps avoid starvation? Would it be too terrible if our policemen had to drive round in Nissans or Fords instead of BMWs? Maybe we could replace some of those immigrant workers from the EU with people from the ranks of the unemployed, or other parts of the World. Is it reasonable to think that with a few exceptions the devastating shortages of all the goods that are imported from Europe could be re-scheduled, or brought in by a different route, to make sure that we are able to continue to live. We are not dependent on the EU for our security or our prosperity, but they lean pretty heavily on us, and we should be able to get most , if not all, of what we want if they stop thinking that this country is run by a bunch of anarchists and start to negotiate with us, and don't worry about whether or not it can be done within some imposed timetable, because if the incentive is there, then a timetable can be drawn up.

AGD

Fast Pat - 2019-10-03 7:07 AM

Oh look those experts views have been proven right again

https://www.hsj.co.uk/policy-and-regulation/ministers-confirm-ban-on-some-drug-exports-ahead-of-brexit-deadline/7026056.article

Still Project Fear?

So a Company that supplies the NHS will try to profiteer if they see the opportunity. What's new about that? Businesses do it all the time and the Pharmaceutical industry is probably one of the worst at profiteering. The NHS would not have to take any action if they have a 'contract to supply' with that Company, so the NHS is at fault ... unless the story is bulls**t.

You see one thing, I see something else ... the fact that we are too dependant on other countries for supply. If nothing else, Brexit is a wake up call to be more self sufficient.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-10-03 7:07 AM

Oh look those experts views have been proven right again

https://www.hsj.co.uk/policy-and-regulation/ministers-confirm-ban-on-some-drug-exports-ahead-of-brexit-deadline/7026056.article

Still Project Fear?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/10135897/Pharmaceutical-scandal-firms-boast-of-profits-on-drugs-that-cost-pennies.html

2013 ;-) ...........What project was that? >:-) ............

It's been going on for decades.......NOT because of Brexit *-) ..........

Archiesgrandad - 2019-10-03 12:13 AM

Is there no other country in the World that could sell us motor vehicles at competitive prices? By eating a bit more of our home grown agricultural produce and importing some from other parts of the World could we perhaps avoid starvation? Would it be too terrible if our policemen had to drive round in Nissans or Fords instead of BMWs? Maybe we could replace some of those immigrant workers from the EU with people from the ranks of the unemployed, or other parts of the World.

AGD your post has more holes than a colander i didn't know where to begin! However just one part quoted above, UK police use vehicles best suited to the work they're required for. Ford and Vauxhall are used for incident response but are no match for high speed interceptors which use BMW, Audi, Subaru and Mitsubishi. UK used to make the engines for Ford......but Bridgend is closing down.

Your second point is best answered by the fruit and veg farmers who can't get British pickers. Few bother applying and those that do rarely last the course. It's not because of money either, more the fact it's hard physical work.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-agriculture-farms-fruit-picking-migrant-workers-labour-shortage-a8469806.html

Archived