'Foreign Aid' inquiry frozen

John52

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
malc d - 2019-11-12 9:13 AM

jumpstart - 2019-11-12 8:09 AM

Does it say “ it will never get published “........No.......so bit of a storm in a tea cup.

We won't know if it's a storm in a teacup until we've seen the report.

Certainly seems to me that there is something in there that the government don't want the public to know about BEFORE the election.

Not doing themselves any favours withholding it.

:-|

A referendum "won" by subverting democracy on an epic scale, Johnson lying to the Queen to illegally prorogue Parliament in an attempt to push Brexit through.....now refusing to release this report until after the GE. Everyone should be asking themselves what Johnson doesn't want the electorate to know about.

Bulletguy - 2019-11-12 3:19 PM

John52 - 2019-11-12 12:03 PM

.. plus of course as long as its witheld the Tory Media has an excuse not to report it ...

... imagine what they would be saying if it was Jeremy Corbyn >:-)

They'd be seething with rage over it.

The only ones "seething with rage" are you two fantasists ... Relax

John52 - 2019-11-12 7:55 AM

pelmetman - 2019-11-11 9:31 PM

Lefty Losers....

A lot of Remainers are (or were) in the Tory Party

Are they Lefties by your standards too *-)

Like me! According to Dave though they were not proper Tories. What we have now apparently is the proper Tory party. They are not the Tory party anymore though IMO. Its an extremist right wing coup.

Barryd999 - 2019-11-12 4:04 PM

John52 - 2019-11-12 7:55 AM

pelmetman - 2019-11-11 9:31 PM

Lefty Losers....

A lot of Remainers are (or were) in the Tory Party

Are they Lefties by your standards too *-)

Like me! According to Dave though they were not proper Tories. What we have now apparently is the proper Tory party. They are not the Tory party anymore though IMO. Its an extremist right wing coup.

Sadly there are no ' statesmen ' in the Tory party any more.

I can't imagine John Major. Ted Heath, Harold MacMillan, or even Margaret Thatcher starting a campaign with a fake video.

Problem is of course that there is no sign of any in the Labour party either.

:-(

pelmetman - 2019-11-11 9:31 PM...……………...But you Lefty Losers will only delay the Righteous B-) ........

Blimey, he thinks he's the Pope now - or at least the Sally Army!

Are you seriously claiming that you knew everything about Brexit that's emerged over the past three and a half years before you voted? I'll happily admit that I've learnt a lot in that time, and all of it reinforces the foolishness of leaving.

Mind, I'm still waiting for someone to explain why Brexit will be better than remain, and/or why the reasons Brexiters cite for leaving stem from our EU membership. I'd even settle for an explanation as to why people on here seem to think remainers are left wing, and Brexiters right wing, when both main parties are sundered on the issue.

But, answer comes there none. Conclusion? That there is no answer that is capable of rational explanation.

Dave's appeal to religiosity bears this out. Yea, Dave is the way, and the truth, and the light.

Good night everyone!! :-D

I think you are largely right,so much time has passed just about everything has changed. Leaving now probably won’t Seattle a lot of things, staying in probably would work very well any more, having another vote still will split the country, the members in parliament have hugely contributed to the problem. And the answer is......god knows. Probably better to actually leave without a deal,which is the last think I thought was likely. A split government would be good.

Birdbrain - 2019-11-12 3:47 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-11-12 3:19 PM

John52 - 2019-11-12 12:03 PM

.. plus of course as long as its witheld the Tory Media has an excuse not to report it ...

... imagine what they would be saying if it was Jeremy Corbyn >:-)

They'd be seething with rage over it.

The only ones "seething with rage" are you two fantasists ... Relax

Do you read the quotes before replying to them. *-)

jumpstart - 2019-11-12 6:36 PM

Probably better to actually leave without a deal,.

And then what - when BoJo's pooper scoopers have to make a deal after we have left and whilst our imports/exports are stuck in Customs? Are we going to get a better deal then *-)

jumpstart - 2019-11-12 6:36 PM

I think you are largely right,so much time has passed just about everything has changed. Leaving now probably won’t Seattle a lot of things, staying in probably would work very well any more, having another vote still will split the country, the members in parliament have hugely contributed to the problem. And the answer is......god knows. Probably better to actually leave without a deal,which is the last think I thought was likely. A split government would be good.

I think you're being a bit hard on the MPs. After all, they are supposed to be our representatives, and we elected them, so it is hardly surprising that they are as divided as everyone else - which is why they can't reach simple, clear, decisions on Brexit. All we do know is that all economic forecasts say a) there is no form of Brexit that would benefit the UK economy, and b) that a no-deal Brexit would be the worst form of all.

If we do leave, and the economy is hit, as forecast, then any government will have less money to spend on all those electioneering "promises" the parties are now making. So, when challenged on where all their manifesto promises went, expect to hear a lot of people saying "that was then, this is now". "We have given you what you wanted to the best of our ability, given the tools you gave us, and the hit to the economy is the result." Since I would expect Sterling to also take a hit, plus the cost of borrowing to rise as our credit rating falls further, the most likely outcome that I can see is austerity Mk 2.

If people think there is a risk to democracy from not doing as the famous 17.4 million expressed a preference for doing, and the result is as pretty much the world's economists (which includes economists from outside the UK) forecast it will be, there will be a rumble of discontent that will grow to a roar, as people begin to realise what they have done. That roar will, IMO, soon turn against the politicians for not spelling out to them in clear terms what Brexit meant, so that they could see that the choice lay between an economy with some prospect of growth, meaning everyone (more or less) gets a little better off each year, and an economy that shrinks, or at best stagnates, for at least a decade. It'll take a while for the penny to drop in all quarters but, when it does, I can't imagine how democracy, as we now know it, can survive - and I don't have the faintest idea what might then replace it.

People need to start asking themselves why there are no economic forecasts that show Brexit as a benefit to the man in the street - which is all of us.

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-12 9:52 PM

People need to start asking themselves why there are no economic forecasts that show Brexit as a benefit to the man in the street - which is all of us.

... and by what Mad Hatter logic the EU would encourage all its other members to leave by giving us a better deal out than in

... and how BoJo's pooper scoopers can get us a better deal after we have left and no longer have a seat at the table

... and why Trump or Putin wouldn't conspire to break up an economic superpower bigger than theirs

...etc

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-11-13 8:13 AM

jumpstart - 2019-11-13 7:33 AM

....and why there are so many unhappy with the Eu...in the Eu.

... but still remaining in it

For the moment ;-) .............

That's why they're so terrified of the UK prospering after we've left >:-) ...........

the most likely outcome that I can see is austerity Mk 2.

Indeed - and even those of us fortunate enough to have enough money for ourselves are not going to escape the consequences of that - increased crime etc

Unless of course they are £billionaire 'newspaper' owners domiciled abroad in one of Her Majesty's Tax Havens, out of reach of the EU Tax Treaty after Brexit

pelmetman - 2019-11-13 8:18 AM

That's why they're so terrified of the UK prospering after we've left >:-) ...........

'Terrified' are they *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-11-13 8:20 AM

the most likely outcome that I can see is austerity Mk 2.

Indeed - and even those of us fortunate enough to have enough money for ourselves are not going to escape the consequences of that - increased crime etc

Unless of course they are £billionaire 'newspaper' owners domiciled abroad in one of Her Majesty's Tax Havens, out of reach of the EU Tax Treaty after Brexit

If we stopped being forced to import EU criminals then perhaps our crime rate would go down >:-) .......

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-11-13 8:22 AM

'Terrified' are they *-)

Yep >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-11-13 8:24 AM

'Terrified' are they *-)

What colour is the sky on your planet *-)

If there were any more " economic forecasts " ( or as I prefer to call them ' Informed Guesses ' ) people would simply believe / not believe them according to which side they were on.

So a bit pointless ?

What I would like to see ( not previously attempted by leavers as far as I know ) are some facts about the benefits to each of us, of leaving.

Specifically I would like to know what we will be able to do after we have left the EU, that we can't do now.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-11-13 9:08 AM

pelmetman - 2019-11-13 8:24 AM

'Terrified' are they *-)

What colour is the sky on your planet *-)

Blue B-) ..........

Guest pelmetman

Nope.......People need to ask themselves why our Remoaner riddled establishment is either Biased or Incompetent? >:-) ..........

Remember they said an immediate recession......800k job loses (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

malc d - 2019-11-13 9:52 AM

If there were any more " economic forecasts " ( or as I prefer to call them ' Informed Guesses ' ) people would simply believe / not believe them according to which side they were on.

So a bit pointless ?

What I would like to see ( not previously attempted by leavers as far as I know ) are some facts about the benefits to each of us, of leaving.

Specifically I would like to know what we will be able to do after we have left the EU, that we can't do now.

Stop paying into their fund.

pelmetman - 2019-11-13 11:26 AM

Remember they said an immediate recession......800k job loses (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Who is 'they' *-)

Were all the forecasts agreed on that, like they are on our having no economic benefits from leaving *-)

Archived