'Foreign Aid' inquiry frozen

John52

jumpstart - 2019-11-13 12:04 PM

malc d - 2019-11-13 9:52 AM

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-12 9:52 PM

People need to start asking themselves why there are no economic forecasts that show Brexit as a benefit to the man in the street - which is all of us.

If there were any more " economic forecasts " ( or as I prefer to call them ' Informed Guesses ' ) people would simply believe / not believe them according to which side they were on.

So a bit pointless ?

What I would like to see ( not previously attempted by leavers as far as I know ) are some facts about the benefits to each of us, of leaving.

Specifically I would like to know what we will be able to do after we have left the EU, that we can't do now.

:-|

Stop paying into their fund.

We are legally bound to continue paying into their fund.

Are you saying we should renenge on our deal, then try to negotiate another?

Will that be easier when we have left and no longer have a vote or even a seat at the table *-)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John52 - 2019-11-13 12:51 PM

People need to start asking themselves why there are no economic forecasts that show Brexit as a benefit to the man in the street - which is all of us.

If there were any more " economic forecasts " ( or as I prefer to call them ' Informed Guesses ' ) people would simply believe / not believe them according to which side they were on.

So a bit pointless ?

What I would like to see ( not previously attempted by leavers as far as I know ) are some facts about the benefits to each of us, of leaving.

Specifically I would like to know what we will be able to do after we have left the EU, that we can't do now.

We are legally bound to continue paying into their fund.

Are you saying we should renenge on our deal, then try to negotiate another?

Will that be easier when we have left and no longer have a vote or even a seat at the table *-)

There’s a time limit.

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-12 9:52 PM People need to start asking themselves why there are no economic forecasts that show Brexit as a benefit to the man in the street - which is all of us.
If there were any more " economic forecasts " ( or as I prefer to call them ' Informed Guesses ' ) people would simply believe / not believe them according to which side they were on. So a bit pointless ?What I would like to see ( not previously attempted by leavers as far as I know ) are some facts about the benefits to each of us, of leaving.Specifically I would like to know what we will be able to do after we have left the EU, that we can't do now. :-|

That sounds to me like something very similar.  Those benefits would have to come from the overall economy, so would be dependent upon some kind of a forecast.  Otherwise, to me, they'd just be the product of uninformed guesses.  But whichever form they might take, I think it is their absence that speaks volumes.

pelmetman - 2019-11-13 11:26 AM
Brian Kirby - 2019-11-12 9:52 PMPeople need to start asking themselves why there are no economic forecasts that show Brexit as a benefit to the man in the street - which is all of us.
Nope.......People need to ask themselves why our Remoaner riddled establishment is either Biased or Incompetent? >:-) ..........Remember they said an immediate recession......800k job loses (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Help again, please Dave!  :-D  Where did they say "immediate"?  I know we've been over this ad infinitum, but it seems necessary to keep reminding you, the forecasts were dependent on us actually leaving (i.e. - for the benefit of those at the back - if we voted to leave, then leave we would), and we still haven't left.  So the event that was being forecast has yet to occur.

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-12 9:52 PM People need to start asking themselves why there are no economic forecasts that show Brexit as a benefit to the man in the street - which is all of us.
If there were any more " economic forecasts " ( or as I prefer to call them ' Informed Guesses ' ) people would simply believe / not believe them according to which side they were on. So a bit pointless ?What I would like to see ( not previously attempted by leavers as far as I know ) are some facts about the benefits to each of us, of leaving.Specifically I would like to know what we will be able to do after we have left the EU, that we can't do now. :-|

So that's it?  Disregard the economic advantages of membership in order to stop contributing to the common costs?  This must be the ultimate a penny wise, pound foolish, doctrine.

So a bit pointless ?

Possibly a fair point - although I don't see how that benefits me.

Will any of my taxes be going down as a result ?

Sadly it also means that none of the grants the EU gave to projects all over the U.K. from " their fund " will be available to us in the future.

malc d - 2019-11-13 1:39 PM

Not unless you are a £billionaire Tory Supporting 'newspaper' owner domiciled in Her Majesty's Tax Havens.

But at least BoJo will get your cash for Foreign Aid to his hangers on like Jennifer Arcuri :-S

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-11-13 1:18 PM
Brian Kirby - 2019-11-12 9:52 PMPeople need to start asking themselves why there are no economic forecasts that show Brexit as a benefit to the man in the street - which is all of us.
Nope.......People need to ask themselves why our Remoaner riddled establishment is either Biased or Incompetent? >:-) ..........Remember they said an immediate recession......800k job loses (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Help again, please Dave!  :-D  Where did they say "immediate"?  I know we've been over this ad infinitum, but it seems necessary to keep reminding you, the forecasts were dependent on us actually leaving (i.e. - for the benefit of those at the back - if we voted to leave, then leave we would), and we still haven't left.  So the event that was being forecast has yet to occur.

"Publishing Treasury analysis, he said a Leave vote would cause an "immediate and profound" economic shock, with growth between 3% and 6% lower."https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36355564If you need anymore help with your short term memory Brian? ;-) .........Just let me know :D ......

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-13 1:06 PM

pelmetman - 2019-11-13 8:23 AM……………………..If we stopped being forced to import EU criminals then perhaps our crime rate would go down >:-) .......

Help us out here Dave, can you please quote the EU directive that imposes that duty on us?

As Pelmet has avoided answering this obviously he was unable to quote the directive. Hardly surprising as no such directive exists! Lies just trip off his tongue daily. *-)

So a bit pointless ?

Sadly it also means that none of the grants the EU gave to projects all over the U.K. from " their fund " will be available to us in the future.

Malc.....the "membership fee" is so miniscule it's laughable when folk bang on about what we pay (bearing in mind non-taxpaying skivers like Pelmet contribute zilch). Last tax year my contribution figure came in at just £46.....88p a week. No doubt i paid more before retiring but nothing that impacted my income.

You're right about the grants. It should be compulsory for Brexiteers to make up the shortfall.

So a bit pointless ?

What we need is taxes to go up,services need funding.

Eu grants get part deducted from our rebate so mostly funded by us.

pelmetman - 2019-11-13 2:47 PM
Brian Kirby - 2019-11-13 1:18 PM

"Publishing Treasury analysis, he said a Leave vote would cause an "immediate and profound" economic shock, with growth between 3% and 6% lower."https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36355564If you need anymore help with your short term memory Brian? ;-) .........Just let me know :D ......
Sorry Dave, but it ain't my short term memory that needs help in this case, but your ability to read! I asked, as above, "why there are no economic forecasts that show Brexit as a benefit to the man in the street". In your reply you said "Remember they (the economic forecasts) said an immediate recession". I then asked "Where did they (the economic forecasts) say "immediate"?Your reply above proves my point, in that you have quoted the BBC, in turn quoting George Osborne (a man with a degree in history, not economics, one time journalist and SPAD) who has never produced an economic forecast. His statement was political, not economic, and for purely political reasons mis-represents the advice of the forecasters. His politically motivated assertion was just a part of "project fear".But the forecasts, as above, forecast what would happen post Brexit, after we'd severed our trading relationship with the EU. The vote, in and of itself, did not (still has not), and could not, change that relationship, so the event that would trigger the forecast downturn has not yet occurred. However, its threat has been affecting the UK economy for the past three and a half years, and the threat alone has had an adverse impact. That should tell anyone with half an eye that Brexit will not benefit the man or woman in the street. In fact, the reverse.

John52 - 2019-11-13 2:40 PM

Not unless you are a £billionaire Tory Supporting 'newspaper' owner domiciled in Her Majesty's Tax Havens.

But at least BoJo will get your cash for Foreign Aid to his hangers on like Jennifer Arcuri :-S

How or why is Jennifer Arcuri a hanger on ??? You seem to have some fixation with her , why ??? ... Someone else on here had a fixation with Stormy Daniels which didn't end well , tread carefully princess

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-11-13 5:19 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-11-13 3:57 PM

. It should be compulsory for Brexiteers to make up the shortfall.

Except that we don't know who they are.

…. and if things do go belly up I doubt if you will find anyone who voted leave.

;-)

I fully expect any and every disaster, downturn in the economy, etc etc to be blamed on Brexit for years to come *-) .........

Fortunately I wont give a sh*t :D ..........

malc d - 2019-11-13 5:19 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-11-13 3:57 PM

. It should be compulsory for Brexiteers to make up the shortfall.

Except that we don't know who they are.

…. and if things do go belly up I doubt if you will find anyone who voted leave.

;-)

They're easily spotted Malc;

*-)

And yes you're right on the second point as we're already seeing not one of them is prepared to take accountability for their insanity and just constantly blame shift.

Bulletguy - 2019-11-13 3:38 PM

pelmetman - 2019-11-13 8:23 AM……………………..If we stopped being forced to import EU criminals then perhaps our crime rate would go down >:-) .......

Help us out here Dave, can you please quote the EU directive that imposes that duty on us?

As Pelmet has avoided answering this obviously he was unable to quote the directive. Hardly surprising as no such directive exists! Lies just trip off his tongue daily. *-)
I know, but I like to be fair and helpful, so I thought he should have a chance. However, I'll help him with a clue. The answer lies in DIRECTIVE 2004/38/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 29 April 2004. Specifically, in Chapter VI thereof, from which he will see that no such obligation exists, and that we have the right - subject to reasonable conditions - to "restrict the freedom of movement and residence of Union citizens and their family members, irrespective of nationality, on grounds of public policy, public security or public health." It's all there on't interweb, so no need to remain ill-informed.Facts over hysteria, eh? Quite pointless, of course! :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-11-13 6:19 PM

I know, but I like to be fair and helpful, so I thought he should have a chance. However, I'll help him with a clue. The answer lies in DIRECTIVE 2004/38/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 29 April 2004. Specifically, in Chapter VI thereof, from which he will see that no such obligation exists, and that we have the right - subject to reasonable conditions - to "restrict the freedom of movement and residence of Union citizens and their family members, irrespective of nationality, on grounds of public policy, public security or public health." It's all there on't interweb, so no need to remain ill-informed.Facts over hysteria, eh? Quite pointless, of course! :-D
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/07/judges-rule-romanian-criminal-cannot-deported-eu-law/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/06/eu-rules-stopped-britain-deporting-murders-rapists-and-violent-c/There's a couple of FACTS for you Brian *-) ..........https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/residence-rights/workers/index_en.htm"In exceptional cases, your host country can deport you on grounds of public policy or public security - but only if it can prove you represent a serious threat."So in essence we cant deport them unless they admit they're about to steal, rape or murder someone :-| ..........But as I've already highlighted we cant even keep out afterwards >:-( ........

Pelmet prefers the latter aided by the Daily Wail and Brexpress with dollops of hyperbole, misinformation and making stuff up. *-)

pelmetman - 2019-11-13 6:24 PM

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/07/judges-rule-romanian-criminal-cannot-deported-eu-law/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/06/eu-rules-stopped-britain-deporting-murders-rapists-and-violent-c/There's a couple of FACTS for you Brian *-) ..........
Errrm.......without even opening either of those links, both are persons already here.....so who let them in? And your original claim was about "being forced to import EU criminals".....not export. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-11-13 6:31 PM

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/07/judges-rule-romanian-criminal-cannot-deported-eu-law/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/06/eu-rules-stopped-britain-deporting-murders-rapists-and-violent-c/There's a couple of FACTS for you Brian *-) ..........
Errrm.......without even opening either of those links, both are persons already here.....so who let them in? And your original claim was about "being forced to import EU criminals".....not export. *-)
"In exceptional cases, your host country can deport you on grounds of public policy or public security - but only if it can prove you represent a serious threat."https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/residence-rights/workers/index_en.htmIt's pretty obvious to me that the EU say's we cant deny them entry unless they admit they're coming to the UK to commit crime *-) ..........But then again you are a Corbyn supporter so will have no problem sticking up for terrorists or rapists and murderers *-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-11-13 6:36 PM

"In exceptional cases, your host country can deport you on grounds of public policy or public security - but only if it can prove you represent a serious threat."https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/residence-rights/workers/index_en.htmIt's pretty obvious to me that the EU say's we cant deny them entry unless they admit they're coming to the UK to commit crime *-) ..........But then again you are a Corbyn supporter so will have no problem sticking up for terrorists or rapists and murderers *-) ........
Dave. I presume you want trade deals when we leave with the rest of the world although knowing you probably not but lets assume you do. You do realise that one of the first things countries will ask for is Freedom of movement. India already said as much. What makes you think that by swapping Europeans for Asians, Americans or Australians they wont have the odd criminal amongst them?Fortress Britain only exists in your mind. It will never happen. You keep telling us we are at near full employment therefore we are dependent on immigrants and guess what? Some of them are criminals just like some Brits are criminals. Who would have though it eh?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-11-13 6:46 PM
pelmetman - 2019-11-13 6:36 PM

Dave. I presume you want trade deals when we leave with the rest of the world although knowing you probably not but lets assume you do. You do realise that one of the first things countries will ask for is Freedom of movement. India already said as much. What makes you think that by swapping Europeans for Asians, Americans or Australians they wont have the odd criminal amongst them?Fortress Britain only exists in your mind. It will never happen. You keep telling us we are at near full employment therefore we are dependent on immigrants and guess what? Some of them are criminals just like some Brits are criminals. Who would have though it eh?
Unlike you Barry ;-) ........I think it would be beneficial for the UK to be able to decide between an Indian brain surgeon and a Romanian pickpocket >:-) ........Unfortunately the EU prevents us from making that choice >:-( .........

Archived