Vote Boris.......It makes financial sense.......

Guest pelmetman

Brian Kirby - 2019-12-11 1:01 PM

pelmetman - 2019-12-11 8:29 AM

Brian Kirby - 2019-12-10 4:20 PM

malc d - 2019-12-10 1:47 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-12-10 1:22 PM

pelmetman - 2019-12-10 7:40 AM

John52 - 2019-12-10 7:36 AM

Its not as simple as that. Listen to the people who set the exchange rate by trading the currency...

For instance a Tory majority would be better than what we have now in one way - They would no longer have to bribe the DUP with our money to buy votes.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/dec/09/will-the-pound-go-up-in-value-if-labour-wins-the-general-election

Yes it is ;-) ..............If Corbyn gets in the economy will go down the pan, and we WILL ENTER A DEEP RECESSION 8-) ............

Says who, exactly?

Dave did.

AND - he put it in capital letters, so it must be true. ;-)

Indisputably! :-D

So if Corbyn gets in ;-) ............

What do YOU predict will happen to the economy? >:-) .........

Dave, it is normally considered impolite to answer a question with another question, and I asked first. :-) Who is the authority for your claim, in bold, above?

Well Brian, I will declare myself as impolite in this instance. What good news do you bring with a Labour Government?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
747 - 2019-12-11 1:18 PM

Dave, it is normally considered impolite to answer a question with another question, and I asked first. :-) Who is the authority for your claim, in bold, above?

Well Brian, I will declare myself as impolite in this instance. What good news do you bring with a Labour Government?

Not impolite Jim, it wasn't you I'd asked, but Dave. :-)

To answer your question, it depends. With an overall Labour majority, on balance, probably none, but who knows what such a government would, actually, do?

But, if the Conservatives (plus other Brexit supporting parties) gain no overall majority, and with the right mix of Labour and others (to sit on Labour's heads when they get carried away), a referendum on Brexit, with the deals on offer compared to remain, all clearly spelled out, and with the pros and cons of each set out and costed, so that everyone gets to see clearly what they are, actually, being invited to vote for.

Beyond that, that as a consequence we decide to remain in the EU and enjoy the stronger economy that would bring.

Brian Kirby - 2019-12-11 1:39 PM

747 - 2019-12-11 1:18 PM

Not impolite Jim, it wasn't you I'd asked, but Dave. :-)

To answer your question, it depends. With an overall Labour majority, on balance, probably none, but who knows what such a government would, actually, do?

But, if the Conservatives (plus other Brexit supporting parties) gain no overall majority, and with the right mix of Labour and others (to sit on Labour's heads when they get carried away), a referendum on Brexit, with the deals on offer compared to remain, all clearly spelled out, and with the pros and cons of each set out and costed, so that everyone gets to see clearly what they are, actually, being invited to vote for.

Beyond that, that as a consequence we decide to remain in the EU and enjoy the stronger economy that would bring.

One of those supporting parties will be the SNP. They will happily join with a potential disastrous Labour Government if it means gaining a quick independance referendum. Duplicity bordering on treason in my view. I hope I never have to reply to one of your posts with the words "I told you so". :-(

747 - 2019-12-11 11:57 PM.....................….One of those supporting parties will be the SNP. They will happily join with a potential disastrous Labour Government if it means gaining a quick independance referendum. Duplicity bordering on treason in my view. I hope I never have to reply to one of your posts with the words "I told you so". :-(

The issue of Scottish independence has rumbled on for years, and I should personally be saddened were Scotland to leave the UK, not least if the UK does leave the EU when Scotland, as seems most likely, elect to re-join/remain, leaving us with a hard land border between England and Scotland.

But, if the Scots are determined to leave the UK, there seems little that can be done to prevent this. After all, what are the feasible the options?

However, much as I should regret that, as I live south of the border I should regret the UK leaving the EU much more than I should regret the Scots leaving the UK, and as that risk seems much more likely to arise if the UK leaves the EU, it becomes just one more reason why we should not leave the EU.

That "I told you so" seems to me far more probable under Brexit, whichever of us is saying it to the other!

Brian Kirby - 2019-12-12 5:00 PM

Yes it is ;-) ..............If Corbyn gets in the economy will go down the pan, and we WILL ENTER A DEEP RECESSION 8-) ............

Says who, exactly?

Bumpety bump! :-D

Don't rush him Brian.....two days later he's still trying to figure out some kind of answer! :-|

Bulletguy - 2019-12-12 5:24 PM

Says who, exactly?

Don't rush him Brian.....two days later he's still trying to figure out some kind of answer! :-|

I'm guessing Daves answer will include the words : loony lefty, Nazi, Corbynista, terrorist sympathiser, or remoaner - - - -

--- or possibly all of them.

;-)

malc d - 2019-12-12 5:30 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-12-12 5:24 PM

Says who, exactly?

I'm guessing Daves answer will include the words : loony lefty, Nazi, Corbynista, terrorist sympathiser, or remoaner - - - -

--- or possibly all of them.

;-)

Don't forget Commies and Losers. (lol) He's currently scouring the Daily Fail to find a way to shoehorn 'em all into some nonsensical tweet like reply. *-)

Well I must admit BoJo makes financial sense for Scotland, Wales and Ireland - who are set to receive even more of your English Taxpayer's money to buy off the Nationalists and suffer a BoJo Government. (lol)

Wouldn't have got your money from Jeremy Corbyn as he is popular enough up here to be accepted without bribes.

Still, You know best ;-) Winner ;-)

John52 - 2019-12-16 7:06 AM

Well I must admit BoJo makes financial sense for Scotland, Wales and Ireland - who are set to receive even more of your English Taxpayer's money to buy off the Nationalists and suffer a BoJo Government. (lol)

Wouldn't have got your money from Jeremy Corbyn as he is popular enough up here to be accepted without bribes.

You pay taxes? So much of it is your money.

jumpstart - 2019-12-16 8:21 AM

I don't think that gentleman has any money.

The wealthier 25% in Scotland pay more Income Tax than the English/Welsh and Mr 52 has never complained about paying Tax. He has however complained about everything else. :D

I would guess that he is a receiver of Tax free money (in Benefits) more than a payer.

Everyone pays taxes in one way or another.

So some of it is my money.

And some of it is that 'winner' the the Mad Hatter's money :D because UK Government spending is higher in Scotland than in England - to bribe us not to vote SNP and end BoJo's Government over us.

1849272018_socialcarespending.thumb.png.48fe7fa73a66d83a08a2ed330e8e7753.png

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-12-16 9:44 AM

And some of it is that 'winner' the the Mad Hatter's money :D because UK Government spending is higher in Scotland than in England - to bribe us not to vote SNP and end BoJo's Government over us.

Just a guess ;-) .........

But I reckon the Spanish receive more of my stealth taxes than the Scots do :D ........

P1010899.JPG.134c692fcb17ef6d673963a105a15c76.JPG

747 - 2019-12-16 9:26 AM

I don't think that gentleman has any money.

The wealthier 25% in Scotland pay more Income Tax than the English/Welsh and Mr 52 has never complained about paying Tax. He has however complained about everything else. :D

I would guess that he is a receiver of Tax free money (in Benefits) more than a payer.

I'm a receiver of your money the BoJo Government pays us not to vote SNP :D

pelmetman - 2019-12-16 9:49 AM

John52 - 2019-12-16 9:44 AM

Just a guess ;-) .........

But I reckon the Spanish receive more of my stealth taxes than the Scots do :D ........

Doubt it but in any case you are getting something for spending your taxes in Spain

And BoJo is getting something for giving your taxes to Scotland ... Jennifer Arcuri & all his other 'foreign aid' *-)

John52 - 2019-12-16 10:05 AM

Mr 52 has never complained about paying Tax.

Have you read all my posts 8-)

Go back and read them again because you've missed some (lol)

No thanks, you keep changing the goalposts. If you had a better memory, you would come across as believable.

747 - 2019-12-16 1:05 PM

John52 - 2019-12-16 10:05 AM

Mr 52 has never complained about paying Tax.

Have you read all my posts 8-)

Go back and read them again because you've missed some (lol)

No thanks, you keep changing the goalposts. If you had a better memory, you would come across as believable.

If you said something more credible than you had read all my posts to check I had never complained about tax, you still wouldn't come across as believable :D

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-12-16 3:04 PM

I haven't got time to search them myself as I've been out enjoying all the extra free facilities we get in Scotland, paid for by the Mad Hatter's taxes ;-) as compensation for putting up with his BoJo Government :D

So if you do get a referendum and you get Independence who will subsidize you then? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-12-16 7:57 PM

I haven't got time to search them myself as I've been out enjoying all the extra free facilities we get in Scotland, paid for by the Mad Hatter's taxes ;-) as compensation for putting up with his BoJo Government :D

So if you do get a referendum and you get Independence who will subsidize you then? >:-) .........

He's enjoying the free facilities. That means he has either started a University Course or has attended a Venereal Clinic. :D

pelmetman - 2019-12-16 7:57 PM

Won't need subsidies as we won't have BoJo's Bum Brexit Deal crashing our economy, and will have the benefit of full EU Membership :-D

Archived