Vote Boris.......It makes financial sense.......

Guest pelmetman

FunsterJohn - 2019-12-25 2:49 PM

John52 - 2019-12-25 3:45 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-12-25 2:24 PM

He's isn't just showering Scotland with money. He's promised a modest sum to all the devolved nations in order to stimulate their economies as he recognises that we're stronger together.

Whilst cutting benefits and closing night shelters at a time of rising homelessness.

Are we expected to believe this has nothing to do with him wanting their votes to keep his control over the UK *-)

Haha, he doesn't need Scotland's votes to keep control of the UK. Didn't you notice the results of the recent election? You are funny.

You obviously didn't notice the results in Scotland - and that was after all YOUR money BoJo is showering us with.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-12-25 3:11 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-12-25 2:49 PM

John52 - 2019-12-25 3:45 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-12-25 2:24 PM

He's isn't just showering Scotland with money. He's promised a modest sum to all the devolved nations in order to stimulate their economies as he recognises that we're stronger together.

Whilst cutting benefits and closing night shelters at a time of rising homelessness.

Are we expected to believe this has nothing to do with him wanting their votes to keep his control over the UK *-)

Haha, he doesn't need Scotland's votes to keep control of the UK. Didn't you notice the results of the recent election? You are funny.

You obviously didn't notice the results in Scotland - and that was after all YOUR money BoJo is showering us with.

It was a anti Brexit F*ck Boris vote ;-) .........

Do you really think you'd get the same turnout at a anti UK vote? :D ........

My 1/4 Jock says ......Yeah Lets be avin you.......

My 1/4 Welsh is saying yeah after you.......

My 2 parts London is sayin........If only *-) .........

John52 - 2019-12-25 4:14 PM

I'll try and make it clearer.

It would only be the votes in Scotland that would decide our independence from Westminster.

(Which to me is worth more than any amount of your money, but I concede I may be in the minority)

Waffle and more waffle. I point out that to have control of the UK Boris doesn't need Scotland's votes, as the recent election has confirmed. You have no intelligent answer so divert and waffle about votes that will be cast if ever there's another independence referendum. What has that got to do with the votes that the Tories need to control the UK Parliament? I'll try to make it even clearer as you don't seem to comprehend what's just happened. If no one in Scotland had voted Tory they would still have a large majority. I hope that's simple enough for you.

You also keep banging on about how it's my money that pays Scotland's bills. It's the Scots themselves that make the largest contribution to the economy. Unless of course you think that Scots don't pay income tax, VAT and corporation tax etc? The English just give you a bit on top to help you with your dreadful management of the country's finances and to ensure that your balance of payments deficit doesn't get even worse.

This quote is from the Guardian as if I post anything from the Telegraph or Mail etc you'll claim it's all lies.

'Scotland ran a deficit seven times higher than the UK as a whole last year, despite again cutting its overspend on public services.

The latest Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland (Gers) figures showed there was a record gap of nearly £2,000 per person between how much was spent on public services and debt repayment, and total tax revenues for 2018-19.

Scotland’s notional deficit stood at £12.6bn or 7% of GDP, including North Sea oil revenues, compared with the UK’s total £23.5bn deficit, which includes Scotland’s figure. The UK deficit is equivalent to 1.1% of its GDP.'

An independent Scotland? Don't make me laugh. You'd be Venezuela in two years.

John52 - 2019-12-25 3:42 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-12-25 2:36 PM

John52 - 2019-12-25 3:05 PM

I was lawfully walking on 'public' land near Balmoral, (not Her Unelected Majesty's back garden which is bigger than Greater Manchester), and was accosted by her Gun Toting Thugs demanding to know who I was and what I was doing. I have never felt so intimidated in all my life. Would they get away with that in an Independent Scotland *-)

How awful, the residence of the Head of State has protection! Of course it won't be necessary in an independent Scotland as Islamist terrorists for example would never take advantage of unprotected senior officials! God forbid!

But here you show the real hateful you. The Head of State's protection-personnel are 'gun-toting thugs'. If this was the country home of a president of a republic do you think that any Tom Dick or Jock would just be allowed to wander around? In an independent Scotland you appear to believe that there'd be no security system around the residences used by senior government figures. And what's the point of unarmed security officers?

You may be right though. They wouldn't have any protection for the Scottish President as they'll have no money to pay for it.

The Prime Minister of the Netherlands tows his caravan off to a campsite for his holidays, whilst Queen Beatrix rides a bike down to the supermarket to do her own shopping.

The Netherlands. Another successful country with a Constitutional Monarchy! Thank you for pointing that out. But I see that you're waffling again and diverting to avoid answering my points. I'll bet you any amount you like that when the Prime Minister goes on his caravan holiday and the queen rides her bike they're covered by an extensive personal protection detail which will scrutinise anyone coming close to them.

The Netherlands has a bigger terrorist problem than many countries, and their senior officials and members of the royal family will have a large number of 'gun-toting thugs' to protect them.

John52 - 2019-12-25 2:50 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-12-25 12:22 PM

The properties owned by the Crown Estates are in the public domain.

That depends.

We weren't allowed to see the paintings in Windsor Castle unless they were lent out to a museum ccompanied by note sying they were on loan from her. So they must have been hers.

But when they caught fuire in her care we got the £30 million bill for restoring them. So they must have been ours.

Now they are hers again as above *-)

If we're not allowed to see the paintings in Windsor Castle why are we allowed to see them in museums? And they don't belong to the Queen personally, they belong to the Crown Estate, which means that they belong to the country. There was never a claim that these pictures are the personal property of the Queen, unlike Balmoral, which is. If Balmoral burned down the state wouldn't contribute a penny as it's the Queens private residence. I have had a tour of Windsor Castle along with many other members of the public and have admired many paintings there. You may have a hatred of the monarchy but you seem to know little about it. You shouldn't believe everything you read in your hard left republican rags.

John52 - 2019-12-25 4:06 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-12-25 2:54 PM

John52 - 2019-12-25 3:48 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-12-25 2:36 PM

do you think that any Tom Dick or Jock would just be allowed to wander around? .

Isn't that what normally happens on 'public' land *-)

No of course not. Are you really so dim? Does this mean that if security services spot a group of Asian men carrying bags on public land that abuts a high security area that they shouldn't be allowed to check them out?

It might be public land but if it's next to a high-value target then I would want them to to check everyone wandering close to the perimeter. You are odd.

I'm not a group of Asian Men, I wasn't carrying bags, and you didn't see how they went about it. >:-)

The point is that UK citizens don't get a choice of whether to have the Royal Family & Hangers On forced on to them whether they want them or not.

In an Independent Scotland they might have real democracy.

I can imagine the bile that you directed at these 'gun-toting thugs' though and understand why they may have responded in kind. I also find it incredible that you're so dim that you think that terrorists go around with a big sign saying 'I'm a terrorist'. Successful terrorists, such as the IRA, look just like you and me.

No one in the UK has the monarchy forced on them. We've just had an election where most parties support having a monarchy. If you and your republican friends want to remove the monarchy why don't you put your money where your loud mouths are and form a political party? As most republicans seem to be on the left you could form a New Labour Republican Party. What are you scared of? Apart from losing your deposits of course.

FunsterJohn - 2019-12-25 11:28 PM

why don't you put your money where your loud mouths are and form a political party? .

Because it wouldn't match the money BoJo got from 'Newspaper' Owners and Hedge funds domiciled in Her Unelected Majesty's Tax Havens.

Archived