No more dither or delay.........

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2019-12-17 4:52 PM

John52 - 2019-12-17 2:59 PM

pelmetman - 2019-12-17 1:38 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-12-17 12:51 PM

This is actually good news. It could of course just be more of Johnsons chest puffing but if he really is going to go all hard brexit bonkers and pull us out "do or die" in December 2020 without a deal probably at least it will be quick as will the realisation that Brexit was a massive mistake and we can get on with the campaign to rejoin. It will cause the maximum amount of damage of course rather than it dragging on for years and years and a slow demise but I reckon thats preferable.

Of course he could be bluffing. Thats the problem with Johnson you just cannot trust anything he says.

I think Boris is far more believable.........As according to you Remoaners ;-) .........

We should be 3 years into a deep recession and have 860,000 job loses by now (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

How many more times do you have to be told we are still in the EU *-)

How many times do I have to remind you what Osborne said *-) ..........

"Chancellor George Osborne says.

Publishing Treasury analysis, he said a Leave vote would cause an "immediate and profound" economic shock, with growth between 3% and 6% lower."

Which bit of "immediate" are you struggling to understand (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Brian has explained this to you several times numbnuts. Osborne was being political the cut and thrust of the treasury report was based on actually leaving the EU.

Lets see if Doris has the gonads to go full fat no deal then and then lets revisit those forecasts. If they turn out to be true though I doubt we will see you for dust on here. Actually we probably will. You will have had a couple of years to think of someone else to blame other than yourself. Maybe Jeremy Corbyn or the remainers no doubt.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2019-12-17 8:08 AM

John52 - 2019-12-17 7:59 AM

pelmetman - 2019-12-17 7:47 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7799099/Boris-Johnsons-Brexit-ultimatum-Transition-period-end-December-2020.html

That'll have our resident Loser Brigade members choking on their morning muesli (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Actually we losers are enjoying your tax money that BoJo is giving us to buy our votes. :D

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/SN04033

In 2018/19, public spending per person in the UK as a whole was £9,584. In England, it was £9,296 (3% below the UK average). This compares with:

Scotland: £11,247 (17% above the UK average) :D

Wales: £10,656 (11% above the UK average)

Northern Ireland £11,590 (21% above the UK average).

Oh and if you think Brexit will be 'done' with any time soon ........ *-)

We WILL leave the EU in 45 days time and the transition period WILL end on the 31st December 2020 B-) ......

With or without a deal >:-) ..........

Remember that No Deal you lot kept saying you had killed off? (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Remember 'your lot' saying a deal with EU would be "easiest in human history", "a trade deal with the EU could be sorted out in an afternoon over a cup of coffee"...oh and Johnson, "There is no plan for no deal because we are going to get a great deal".

Hhmmm......

And your posting signatures have become something of a joke on here now....how many times have you re-edited them? (lol)

Barryd999 - 2019-12-17 5:19 PM

Osborne was being political.

Osborne was always political and notorious for calling things wrong. His only qualification to be Chancellor was he successfully organised David Cameron's party leadership campaign. *-)

The pair of them 'supporting' Remain was what sunk it - Dominic Cummins practically said so.

pelmetman - 2019-12-17 1:38 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-12-17 12:51 PM

This is actually good news. It could of course just be more of Johnsons chest puffing but if he really is going to go all hard brexit bonkers and pull us out "do or die" in December 2020 without a deal probably at least it will be quick as will the realisation that Brexit was a massive mistake and we can get on with the campaign to rejoin. It will cause the maximum amount of damage of course rather than it dragging on for years and years and a slow demise but I reckon thats preferable.

Of course he could be bluffing. Thats the problem with Johnson you just cannot trust anything he says.

I think Boris is far more believable.........As according to you Remoaners ;-) .........

We should be 3 years into a deep recession and have 860,000 job loses by now (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

No Dave, because we haven't yet left, and those forecasts were based on our actually leaving. We've been there, done that, and I posted up the link to the Treasury document that says so.

pelmetman - 2019-12-17 1:42 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-12-17 1:39 PM

Adler on Twitter

EU views Johnson’s intention to legislate end date of Dec 2020 on EU-UK trade negotiations as sabre rattling. PM broke his key red line line of avoiding post #Brexit division between GB and NIreland in divorce deal. EU expects he’ll eventually back down in trade talks too

EU is massive trading power on world stage so Brussels believe it holds most of the cards in negotiations. Clearly EU will have to compromise too. It’s insistence the UK ‘can only have off the shelf agreement’ ie a copy of its deals with Japan/ Canada is unrealistic

UK is different: bigger, closer. EU knows this but expectation in Brussels is that by far the bigger compromises will be made by UK and the faster Johnson insists on getting the trade deal done, the more the EU will try to use his self-imposed time constraint against him

Again those who cry: « You’ve all said that before. You said Johnson couldnt get a new Brexit deal in a hurry and he did » Answer: Yes but only after EU saw he was willing to break a big red line - allowing a customs border down the Irish Sea, addressing EU’s biggest concern

Well they would say that wouldn't they? *-) .........……………………...

Dave, it's a fact. Boris assured DUP that there would be no border down the Irish Sea. Then, when he found the only way he could prove he had been able to negotiate a "new deal", he chucked Theresa May's "Irish Backstop" overboard and agreed to a border down the Irish Sea - while seeking to re-brand the May deal as "new". Even now he's trying to fool himself (because he is the only one - except perhaps you - who can't understand what he's actually done) that there will be no customs checks at Irish Sea ports, while his own "new" document and Irish Secretary say there have to be.

You can have the man as a habitual liar, or as a delusional fantasist - but as a source of truth, never.

747 - 2019-12-18 12:37 PM

After the shameless duplicity of the DUP, I believe Boris was right in giving them a bit of their own medecine. Well done Boris. :D

What medicine is that then *-)

... apart from the £billions of your money the Tories gave them to buy their votes

... even more than we got in Scotland >:-(

,,, but that's about to change with Scottish Nationalism rising again and the real Tory red lines of Faslane & Balmoral. The Government sees its first duty as defending the Government, so will pay any amount of your money to keep them :D

Brian Kirby - 2019-12-18 11:05 AM

pelmetman - 2019-12-17 1:42 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-12-17 1:39 PM

Adler on Twitter

EU views Johnson’s intention to legislate end date of Dec 2020 on EU-UK trade negotiations as sabre rattling. PM broke his key red line line of avoiding post #Brexit division between GB and NIreland in divorce deal. EU expects he’ll eventually back down in trade talks too

EU is massive trading power on world stage so Brussels believe it holds most of the cards in negotiations. Clearly EU will have to compromise too. It’s insistence the UK ‘can only have off the shelf agreement’ ie a copy of its deals with Japan/ Canada is unrealistic

UK is different: bigger, closer. EU knows this but expectation in Brussels is that by far the bigger compromises will be made by UK and the faster Johnson insists on getting the trade deal done, the more the EU will try to use his self-imposed time constraint against him

Again those who cry: « You’ve all said that before. You said Johnson couldnt get a new Brexit deal in a hurry and he did » Answer: Yes but only after EU saw he was willing to break a big red line - allowing a customs border down the Irish Sea, addressing EU’s biggest concern

Well they would say that wouldn't they? *-) .........……………………...

Dave, it's a fact. Boris assured DUP that there would be no border down the Irish Sea. Then, when he found the only way he could prove he had been able to negotiate a "new deal", he chucked Theresa May's "Irish Backstop" overboard and agreed to a border down the Irish Sea - while seeking to re-brand the May deal as "new". Even now he's trying to fool himself (because he is the only one - except perhaps you - who can't understand what he's actually done) that there will be no customs checks at Irish Sea ports, while his own "new" document and Irish Secretary say there have to be.

You can have the man as a habitual liar, or as a delusional fantasist - but as a source of truth, never.

Pelmet and co seem to enjoy being lied to and delusional fantasies are all part of Johnsons smoke and mirrors he used to 'sell' to his acolytes. How long it will take before any of them see through the fog is anyones guess but he's set his stall out now and failure is not an option.

Bulletguy - 2019-12-18 5:05 PM

..................….Pelmet and co seem to enjoy being lied to and delusional fantasies are all part of Johnsons smoke and mirrors he used to 'sell' to his acolytes. How long it will take before any of them see through the fog is anyones guess but he's set his stall out now and failure is not an option.

Whether or not he "fails", will depend on one's definition of success! :-D

I have an uncomfortable feeling that what I would call failure, would be hailed by many as a resounding success.

But then, I am quite unable to understand how strafing a countries fabric and economy can be considered a success, unless that was one's objective all along.

I shall, of course, now be called a traitor - for wanting the UK's economy to prosper. Funny old world, isn't it, where those who seek to wreck the economy are the patriots? :-D

Brian Kirby - 2019-12-18 5:59 PM

..................….Pelmet and co seem to enjoy being lied to and delusional fantasies are all part of Johnsons smoke and mirrors he used to 'sell' to his acolytes. How long it will take before any of them see through the fog is anyones guess but he's set his stall out now and failure is not an option.

I have an uncomfortable feeling that what I would call failure, would be hailed by many as a resounding success.

But then, I am quite unable to understand how strafing a countries fabric and economy can be considered a success, unless that was one's objective all along.

I shall, of course, now be called a traitor - for wanting the UK's economy to prosper. Funny old world, isn't it, where those who seek to wreck the economy are the patriots? :-D

"I shall, of course, now be called a traitor" ... Keep me eye out for that one Brian ... Who exactly seeks to "wreck the economy" other than Labour voters ???

Birdbrain - 2019-12-18 6:05 PM

"I shall, of course, now be called a traitor" ... Keep me eye out for that one Brian ... Who exactly seeks to "wreck the economy" other than Labour voters ???

Those who support and promote Brexit, in the face of well founded advice that doing so risks achieving that end. The more so as they advance no counter factual to support their position. But you already knew that, didn't you?

Failure to deliver all 'promises' of which he, and Brexit, made many. £350m a week every week to the NHS (that's still to be seen), 50,000 newly recruited nursing staff (already failed on that as he's since admitted only just over half will be new, so he had lied about the number of 'new' recruits), 40 new hospitals which so far have just been renovating six hospitals which were already built.....and so on. Not off to a very good start imo.

Brexiteers, Johnson and his government have now got to be held to account. That's why i say, failure is no longer an option and it's time they began delivering instead of making excuses and playing the blame game.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-nhs-campaign-lies-cabinet-meeting-ministers-hospitals-a9250011.html

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/conservative-manifesto-general-election-2019-boris-johnson-guide-brexit-health-infrastructure-1342950

Brian Kirby - 2019-12-18 6:27 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-18 6:05 PM

Those who support and promote Brexit, in the face of well founded advice that doing so risks achieving that end. The more so as they advance no counter factual to support their position. But you already knew that, didn't you?

Well sounded advice from those you want to believe angel ... As for counter facts , how can anyone provide counter facts when we dont even know if we are leaving with or without a deal or the details of any new trade deals ... Unlike you I cant see into the future

Guest pelmetman

Pelmet and co seem to enjoy being lied to and delusional fantasies are all part of Johnsons smoke and mirrors he used to 'sell' to his acolytes. How long it will take before any of them see through the fog is anyones guess but he's set his stall out now and failure is not an option.

Judging by the results of the election Dumb Dumb ;-) .........

I'd say the electorate saw right through Corbyn's lies and knew instinctively that he was a clear and present danger to the UK's economy & security >:-) .........

Every Brit I've spoken to out here thinks last Thursday we dodged a "Bullet" (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Kinda apt dontcha think? :D .........

pelmetman - 2019-12-18 8:29 PM

I'd say the electorate saw right through Corbyn's lies and knew instinctively that he was a clear and present danger to the UK's economy & security >:-) .........

Every Brit I've spoken to out here thinks last Thursday we dodged a "Bullet" (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Im not a Corbyn fan or a fan of the Labour party in its current guise but lets not forget that 53% of the electorate also saw through Johnsons lies and voted for a parties that were either remain or supported a second referendum. Johnson is not that popular but Corbyn it seems was less popular. We may have dodged one bullet but we still got shot by another.

Birdbrain - 2019-12-18 7:23 PM...………………….

1 Well sounded advice from those you want to believe angel ...

2 As for counter facts , how can anyone provide counter facts when we dont even know if we are leaving with or without a deal or the details of any new trade deals ...

3 Unlike you I cant see into the future

1 Want to believe? Hardly, unless you also think I'm a masochist! Where is the economic analysis, in detail, in favour of Brexit? All there is says Brexit will be economically damaging. If Brexit can evidence its case to the same extent, why doesn't it? The conclusion draws itself, doesn't it? No such analysis has been because the conclusions are damning.

2 In exactly the same way as the argument is made against Brexit. By projecting forward from existing economic data, adjusting for the foreseeable impacts of various Brexit scenarios.

3 You're right, I can't see into the future, so I rely on evidence presented by those who cannot see into the future either, but use existing data on the economy to give a pre-view of the most likely outcomes of various Brexit scenarios. None beats remain.

It is exactly the same technique as any major business applies to a significant investment. They don't say "we cant see into the future, so we'll just wing it". They ask economists and accountants to advise them whether the investment is likely to pay off, and how risky it looks, and then decide how to proceed.

What you are advocating is the equivalent of picking up a gun, holding it to your head, and pulling the trigger - to find out if it is loaded! There are far more intelligent ways to reduce or eliminate risks (or find out if guns are loaded) than "suck it and see". The work has been done, and the evidence is published for all who can, to read.

Far from believing the facts I want, I have been persuaded by the analysis as presented, whereas you seem to have rejected all that analysis, not because you have other and better, but simply because it doesn't tell you what you want to hear. Gun, head, trigger, and BANG! Good scheme!

You're simply reaffirming what i'd already said, that you and many others "enjoy being lied to and delusional fantasies are all part of Johnsons smoke and mirrors he used...". Many wild promises have been made and people, especially those "northern monkeys", will be expecting delivery.

Says the hypocrite who spends half the year sitting within someone else's borders thanks to the EU......but of course you, and they, will be staying here in future to support the economy here rather than a country within an organisation you despise so much you want no part of....Quisling. :-|

All this gloating and huffing and puffing - whatever date you mention, end of January 2020 or end of December 2020, we are only at the beginning of negotiating with the rest of the world, re-adjusting how we trade, find staff for essential services (from nursing to seasonal agriculture) and coming to grips with Northern Ireland being in the UK but not really. It's not in the bag just because the blond buffoon has been elected.

Guest pelmetman
Conrad - 2019-12-19 9:07 PM

All this gloating and huffing and puffing - whatever date you mention, end of January 2020 or end of December 2020, we are only at the beginning of negotiating with the rest of the world, re-adjusting how we trade, find staff for essential services (from nursing to seasonal agriculture) and coming to grips with Northern Ireland being in the UK but not really. It's not in the bag just because the blond buffoon has been elected.

(lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-12-19 5:02 PM

You're simply reaffirming what i'd already said, that you and many others "enjoy being lied to and delusional fantasies are all part of Johnsons smoke and mirrors he used...". Many wild promises have been made and people, especially those "northern monkeys", will be expecting delivery.

Says the hypocrite who spends half the year sitting within someone else's borders thanks to the EU......but of course you, and they, will be staying here in future to support the economy here rather than a country within an organisation you despise so much you want no part of....Quisling. :-|

(lol) (lol) (lol) .........

P1010899.JPG.fe9aebb74f7b416bb7d90c0b2e4799bb.JPG

The markets realise that, so the pound has already had its worst week of the year against the dollar

Question is, how long will it take the Mad Hatter to realise it *-)

Would have noticed the fall in the pound if it came in the week after JC took office, but unable to see it when its BoJo

:-S

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-12-19 10:45 PM

The markets realise that, so the pound has already had its worst week of the year against the dollar

Question is, how long will it take the Mad Hatter to realise it *-)

Would have noticed the fall in the pound if it came in the week after JC took office, but unable to see it when its BoJo

:-S

Worse than 2008? 2009? 2010? 2011? 2012? 2013? 2014? (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Archived