Have we just passed the Archduke Ferdinand moment?

Fast Pat

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jumpstart - 2020-01-07 2:49 PM

FunsterJohn - 2020-01-07 1:36 PM

jumpstart - 2020-01-07 11:59 AM

The very reason we should have been informed is because we also have troops in Iraq training their forces .

It wouldn’t be that difficult to get Trump in the future, especially with UAV’s.

You obviously haven't read and understood what happened here. The US had been tracking this thug for a long time. They learned that he was about to land in Iraq but had no idea if he was just attending a meeting at the airport, transferring to another flight or leaving the airport. When it was confirmed that he would be in a convoy the Americans had to make a quick decision. Do you think that only UK forces are in Iraq?

I can imagine the conversation: 'Mr President, we have eyes on Soleimani, can we take him out?' Trump: 'Of course you can Mike but first of all you need to inform Britain, Australia, Canada, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Turkey, Sweden, Norway and Spain all of which are our allies and have troops in Iraq.'

Three hours later: 'We've informed them all Mr President.' Trump: 'Excellent, take him out.'

Pompeo: 'Oops, sorry Mr President, the bugger's scarpered.'

Good thinking Jumpstart.

Presumably you’ve never heard of secure electronic communications, it would take seconds.

Secure electronic communications? To whom? Do you think that every world leader carries a special bat-phone all the time?

As I've explained this was very last minute. There was no time to start phoning other leaders or sending them messages via their staff. But I'll ask you this. What difference did it make that others were informed a few minutes after it happened rather than a few minutes before? How may British troops have suffered as a result of informing the allies soon after it happened?

It's pretty clear that you didn't even know that there are several countries which have forces in Iraq, otherwise why did you post about wishing for advance notice because we have forces there? Don't the others matter?

Sometimes things happens swiftly and the last thing they need to worry about is informing loads of others with all the potential for leaks.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-01-07 6:01 PM

Fast Pat - 2020-01-07 5:28 PM

Nothing to see here, move along please

Bone spurs meets bone saw. :-|

A surgeon will need a titanium tipped bone saw to get through your Lefty Numskull's 8-) .......

Although it'll be a waste of time >:-) ........

There's feck all inside (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

FunsterJohn - 2020-01-07 6:00 PM

The very reason we should have been informed is because we also have troops in Iraq training their forces .

It wouldn’t be that difficult to get Trump in the future, especially with UAV’s.

You obviously haven't read and understood what happened here. The US had been tracking this thug for a long time. They learned that he was about to land in Iraq but had no idea if he was just attending a meeting at the airport, transferring to another flight or leaving the airport. When it was confirmed that he would be in a convoy the Americans had to make a quick decision. Do you think that only UK forces are in Iraq?

I can imagine the conversation: 'Mr President, we have eyes on Soleimani, can we take him out?' Trump: 'Of course you can Mike but first of all you need to inform Britain, Australia, Canada, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Turkey, Sweden, Norway and Spain all of which are our allies and have troops in Iraq.'

Three hours later: 'We've informed them all Mr President.' Trump: 'Excellent, take him out.'

Good thinking Jumpstart.

Presumably you’ve never heard of secure electronic communications, it would take seconds.

Secure electronic communications? To whom? Do you think that every world leader carries a special bat-phone all the time?

As I've explained this was very last minute. There was no time to start phoning other leaders or sending them messages via their staff. But I'll ask you this. What difference did it make that others were informed a few minutes after it happened rather than a few minutes before? How may British troops have suffered as a result of informing the allies soon after it happened?

It's pretty clear that you didn't even know that there are several countries which have forces in Iraq, otherwise why did you post about wishing for advance notice because we have forces there? Don't the others matter?

Sometimes things happens swiftly and the last thing they need to worry about is informing loads of others with all the potential for leaks.

Dear o dear you are in the dark ages, it’s not world leader to world leader, it’s forces to forces,blimey it’s not new.

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2020-01-07 7:30 PM

747 - 2020-01-07 7:27 PM

There are plenty of Trump haters ...

... I wonder what they think of this bloke then?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1214310366202793986

Is that Bullet ???

Nah ;-) ........

He's not here :-S ......

So he's prolly in Cheshire's premier gay bars flashing his derriere :D .......

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-01-07 8:16 PM

What’s there to hate? Guy’s a chuckle Henry.

Nah ;-) .......

He's obviously got a bad case of the the "John 52's" 8-) ......

I've been there :$ ......

jumpstart - 2020-01-07 7:46 PM

Good thinking Jumpstart.

Dear o dear you are in the dark ages, it’s not world leader to world leader, it’s forces to forces,blimey it’s not new.

You don't half spout some rubbish. If the president of The USA wants to inform the prime minister of the UK that he's going to nuke Russia you think that he'll get one of his generals to phone one of our generals?

Calls like this are handled by leaders or by senior cabinet ministers such as the Secretary for Defence. The forces are never involved in political interaction between democratic states. You really do talk utter tosh sometimes.

That has nothing to do with Trump 'haters' at all. A tweet on the same thread you linked confirmed it was filmed over nine years ago.

https://twitter.com/DrearyJames/status/1214329890859651072

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=55&v=bdhVn2BuExo&feature=emb_title

FunsterJohn - 2020-01-07 8:30 PM

Good thinking Jumpstart.

You don't half spout some rubbish. If the president of The USA wants to inform the prime minister of the UK that he's going to nuke Russia you think that he'll get one of his generals to phone one of our generals?

Calls like this are handled by leaders or by senior cabinet ministers such as the Secretary for Defence. The forces are never involved in political interaction between democratic states. You really do talk utter tosh sometimes.

You clearly have no idea , if you wish to think that be my guest.

jumpstart - 2020-01-07 10:22 PM

Good thinking Jumpstart.

I have no idea? Your entire input on this thread has shown unthinking, unintelligent and utterly stupid claims for which you have no facts to back up your stance. You appear to believe that high level communications between countries at times when huge decisions are made, are done between soldiers and not between presidents and cabinet ministers. You clearly had no idea that other countries are also involved in Iraq and not just the UK.

In short you're ignorant and not too bright.

Fast Pat - 2020-01-07 11:16 PM

Says the man who so clearly demonstrated the definition of an idiot as being someone who let's their education do all their thinking.

Or is it there?

It's their, as you correctly write. Congratulations. I have no idea though why you've put an apostrophe in lets. Let's is a contraction of let us, as in let's all agree that Fast Pat is so thick that over decades of life he still can't master the simplest rules of the English language.

You fulfil all the qualifications for being an Irish joke in your own right.

Bulletguy - 2020-01-07 8:39 PM

That has nothing to do with Trump 'haters' at all. A tweet on the same thread you linked confirmed it was filmed over nine years ago.

How is it that I have to explain everything to you as if you were a backward child? *-)

I made a simple (ever so simple) statement re Trump.

Then I asked a simple question as to what those same people thought of someone else. I'm sorry if it got too complicated for you. 8-)

Now that you are more aware, would you like to make a comment on the behaviour of the gentleman in the video clip? For clarity, I am talking about the man in the chair who gets a bit agitated.

Take your time. :D

747 - 2020-01-07 10:55 PM

How is it that I have to explain everything to you as if you were a backward child? *-)

Then I asked a simple question as to what those same people thought of someone else. I'm sorry if it got too complicated for you. 8-)

Now that you are more aware, would you like to make a comment on the behaviour of the gentleman in the video clip? For clarity, I am talking about the man in the chair who gets a bit agitated.

Seems your original tweet has been taken down?

FunsterJohn - 2020-01-07 10:26 PM

Fast Pat - 2020-01-07 11:16 PM

Says the man who so clearly demonstrated the definition of an idiot as being someone who let's their education do all their thinking.

Or is it there?

It's their, as you correctly write. Congratulations. I have no idea though why you've put an apostrophe in lets. Let's is a contraction of let us, as in let's all agree that Fast Pat is so thick that over decades of life he still can't master the simplest rules of the English language.

You fulfil all the qualifications for being an Irish joke in your own right.

Overrasket du ikke sætte det på latin, hvad med din overlegne uddannelse. For en fecking idiot, der er.

FunsterJohn - 2020-01-07 9:45 PM

Good thinking Jumpstart.

I have no idea? Your entire input on this thread has shown unthinking, unintelligent and utterly stupid claims for which you have no facts to back up your stance. You appear to believe that high level communications between countries at times when huge decisions are made, are done between soldiers and not between presidents and cabinet ministers. You clearly had no idea that other countries are also involved in Iraq and not just the UK.

Can I second that ... Go careful though when I suggested sumat the same with old JumpedUp our forum fuzz Violet and Brian went all tizzy

FunsterJohn - 2020-01-07 9:45 PM

Good thinking Jumpstart.

Clearly you have nothing useful to say. Just spouting out insults looses the argument.

Guest pelmetman

Seems to me Allah isn't doing much to look after his own in Iran ;-) .........

1 dead terrorist leader.......40 dead in a stampede......15 dud missiles.......and now a crashed plane 8-) .......

747 - 2020-01-07 10:55 PM

You didn't need to explain anything at all. The tweet you posted was rubbished by another tweet further down explaining the OP's tweet was purposely misleading as the clip was nine years old and of no relevance to what the OP had tweeted. Either you hadn't noticed that other tweet or ignored it.

I linked the original YT clip which explained it was an Iman (not Khomeini as claimed on the tweet you posted) and the reason for his odd behaviour.

pelmetman - 2020-01-08 8:14 AM

Seems to me Allah isn't doing much to look after his own in Iran ;-) .........

1 dead terrorist leader.......40 dead in a stampede......15 dud missiles.......and now a crashed plane 8-) .......

The Boeing 737 was Ukrainian and the majority of passengers Iranian with some Canadian and three British on board. They've recovered the black boxes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51029994

Archived