Have we just passed the Archduke Ferdinand moment?

Fast Pat

jumpstart - 2020-01-05 10:07 AM

Fast Pat - 2020-01-05 9:38 AM

pelmetman - 2020-01-05 8:18 AM

jumpstart - 2020-01-04 1:19 PM

https://apple.news/As2WlTUF3Q66gcXhpOz3Mgg

Interesting article, Trump could find himself in trouble.

Only if he puts boots on the ground in Iran ;-) .........

Which he doesn't need to do as he has no reason to invade Iran :-S .........

They didn't need to invade Japan did they? :-| .........

So don't the 42,000 ground troops and 23,000 marines killed and 200,000 injured in the Pacific theatre count.

Besides Iran is a bit of an expert on achieving frightening results without putting boots on the ground.

They do put boots on the ground, just like the Russians they say they are not theirs.

Indeed, as does the UK and the particularly the USA.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fast Pat - 2020-01-05 10:39 AM

So don't the 42,000 ground troops and 23,000 marines killed and 200,000 injured in the Pacific theatre count.

Besides Iran is a bit of an expert on achieving frightening results without putting boots on the ground.

They do put boots on the ground, just like the Russians they say they are not theirs.

Not so,we don’t deny they are there, unlike the Russians and Iranians.

jumpstart - 2020-01-05 12:13 PM

So how many special forces do you reckon we have deployed currently and where?

The USA has even more form than Iran in trying to destabilise regimes it doesn't agree with by engaging with "third parties", remember the Iran Contra deal? A USA intervention in a Latin American country has occured on an average of once every twenty eight months in the last 100 years.

Fast Pat - 2020-01-05 1:24 PM

jumpstart - 2020-01-05 12:13 PM

So how many special forces do you reckon we have deployed currently and where?

The USA has even more form than Iran in trying to destabilise regimes it doesn't agree with by engaging with "third parties", remember the Iran Contra deal? A USA intervention in a Latin American country has occured on an average of once every twenty eight months in the last 100 years.

I’m talking conventional forces , every country in the world has special forces, secret service, spies they are all generally hidden.

The Iranians are currently trying to control a multitude of countries at present. That’s the point.

jumpstart - 2020-01-05 3:05 PM

Iraq parliament have passed resolution to require all foreign troops(US) to leave . Hope this includes Iranian.

Probably not.

The population of Iraq is mostly Shia, same as Iran. That does not mean that they will automatically be buddies. Just give it time and there will probably be a big falling out. There had better be one because the other alternative is full scale war against Saudi Arabia as the ruling family are Sunni.

They hate their enemies and deeply distrust their friends. Not a perfect recipe for peaceful coexistance. *-)

747 - 2020-01-05 4:15 PM

jumpstart - 2020-01-05 3:05 PM

Iraq parliament have passed resolution to require all foreign troops(US) to leave . Hope this includes Iranian.

Probably not.

The population of Iraq is mostly Shia, same as Iran. That does not mean that they will automatically be buddies. Just give it time and there will probably be a big falling out. There had better be one because the other alternative is full scale war against Saudi Arabia as the ruling family are Sunni.

They hate their enemies and deeply distrust their friends. Not a perfect recipe for peaceful coexistance. *-)

Funding is still from Iran for their proxy forces,difficult to irradicate them. That’s why Us has been limiting Iran oil exports to dry up the funds.

Talking to my brother in the US a guy he knows was in Iranian special forces during the 1980’s Iran /Iraq war. His job was to go over at night and kill Iraqi’s and leave them to be found in the morning to scare the s**t out of the troops. He fell out with the administration and managed to get smuggled out. He’s now Plumber in the states.

Guest pelmetman
747 - 2020-01-05 4:15 PM

They've had 1400 years to sort out their Sonny & Cher issues, not to mention their Nonbelieverphobia 8-) .........

Cant see them sorting that out it in my lifetime *-) ......

pelmetman - 2020-01-03 6:58 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-03 6:55 PM

Fast Pat - 2020-01-03 6:45 PM

Before we listen to anymore sabre rattling from you lot. I’d like them to release all the still secret documents about UK involvement in the 1953 removal of Iran’s democratic PM. Then we can have a clean slate and acknowledge UK responsibility for the current situation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/19/cia-admits-role-1953-iranian-coup

Eh ... Whats the point in releasing the classified documents ??? ... Youve just acted as judge and jury already without releasing them ... "we can have a clean slate and acknowledge UK RESPONSIBILTY for the current situation" ... You really hate the UK dont ya

But he doesn't mind sponging off us ;-) ........

Him and John Whatsername are like two peas in a pod :D .........

Can't speak for anyone else but I did not ask for your money, and I don't want it, because its whats stopping us voting for independence. BoJo throwing your 'Foreign Aid' money around to Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Jeniffer Arcuri and all, so he gets treated like Royalty when he goes abroad splashing YOUR cash, to maintain HIS empire at YOUR expense.

Only thing I don't understand is your 'logic' when you call me the loser. *-)

What can I do about it anyway.

The £billions that BoJo taxes from you and sends to Scotland, to buy off the independence vote and maintain his empire at your expense, is not given directly to me. Its spent on better public facilities. Free parking, lower NHS charges etc. Of course I benefit from them but what else can I do? Are you saying I should I not use the roads and parking etc? How could I insist on paying for the free parking, pay road and bridge tolls and higher council tax like you do, and paying higher NHS charges like you do, because you have to pay for it in England?

You accuse me of sponging off you but what else can I do?

What can I do about it?

Why aren't you tackling BoJo for sending it, instead of calling those who are forced to receive it 'spongers'?

John52 - 2020-01-06 6:24 AM

pelmetman - 2020-01-03 6:58 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-03 6:55 PM

Fast Pat - 2020-01-03 6:45 PM

Before we listen to anymore sabre rattling from you lot. I’d like them to release all the still secret documents about UK involvement in the 1953 removal of Iran’s democratic PM. Then we can have a clean slate and acknowledge UK responsibility for the current situation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/19/cia-admits-role-1953-iranian-coup

Eh ... Whats the point in releasing the classified documents ??? ... Youve just acted as judge and jury already without releasing them ... "we can have a clean slate and acknowledge UK RESPONSIBILTY for the current situation" ... You really hate the UK dont ya

But he doesn't mind sponging off us ;-) ........

Him and John Whatsername are like two peas in a pod :D .........

Can't speak for anyone else but I did not ask for your money, and I don't want it, because its whats stopping us voting for independence. BoJo throwing your 'Foreign Aid' money around to Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Jeniffer Arcuri and all, so he gets treated like Royalty when he goes abroad splashing YOUR cash, to maintain HIS empire at YOUR expense.

Only thing I don't understand is your 'logic' when you call me the loser. *-)

How is UK taxpayer money , tax generated in Ireland , Scotland , Wales and England 'Foriegn Aid' money when its spent in Ireland , Scotland , Wales ??? ... A little observation , your silly Arcuri obsession that nobody else gives a fudge about is making you look sillier than normal

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-01-06 6:46 AM

What can I do about it anyway.

The £billions that BoJo taxes from you and sends to Scotland, to buy off the independence vote and maintain his empire at your expense, is not given directly to me. Its spent on better public facilities. Free parking, lower NHS charges etc. Of course I benefit from them but what else can I do? Are you saying I should I not use the roads and parking etc? How could I insist on paying for the free parking, pay road and bridge tolls and higher council tax like you do, and paying higher NHS charges like you do, because you have to pay for it in England?

You accuse me of sponging off you but what else can I do?

What can I do about it?

Why aren't you tackling BoJo for sending it, instead of calling those who are forced to receive it 'spongers'?

Has Bojo offered you lot any extra dosh? ;-) .........

No >:-) ........

He's going to "Level up" the dosh the rest of us get B-) ........

So we'll have an equal playing field which will annoy Fishface intensely :D ..........

Trump tweets that he will commit a war crime

"These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner. Such legal notice is not required, but is given nevertheless!"

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2020-01-06 8:38 AM

"These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner. Such legal notice is not required, but is given nevertheless!"

There's no mistaking who's side your on *-) ...........

Are you going to be applying to Tehran for your next bung? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-01-06 8:40 AM

Yes, it's clear that i'm on humanities side.

Where as you appear to be supporting a draft dodging coward who is prepared to send other people's children to be killed and maimed in a unwinnable war.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2020-01-06 8:51 AM

Where as you appear to be supporting a draft dodging coward who is prepared to send other people's children to be killed and maimed in a unwinnable war.

Guffaw (lol) .............

So how do you square your claim to be on the side of humanity with your support for the IRA? >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-01-06 8:54 AM

So how do you square your claim to be on the side of humanity with your support for the IRA? >:-) ........

Please show me the thread where I have said that I support the IRA?

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2020-01-06 8:59 AM

pelmetman - 2020-01-06 8:54 AM

Please show me the thread where I have said that I support the IRA?

You are a Corbyn supporter ;-) .........So guilt by association >:-) .........

Plus I only need to put IRA and Fast Pat into the forums search engine to find plenty of evidence where your sympathies lie Paddy (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Birdbrain - 2020-01-06 7:31 A

How is UK taxpayer money , tax generated in Ireland , Scotland , Wales and England 'Foriegn Aid' money when its spent in Ireland , Scotland , Wales ???

You missed the quotation marks

Birdbrain - 2020-01-06 7:31 A

... A little observation , your silly Arcuri obsession that nobody else gives a fudge about is making you look sillier than normal

By saying 'nobody' you are presuming you speak for everybody *-)

And you call me silly *-)

pelmetman - 2020-01-06 8:07 AM

He's going to "Level up" the dosh the rest of us get B-) ........

Another BoJo pre-election promise *-)

When is he going to do that *-)

pelmetman - 2020-01-06 8:07 AM

So we'll have an equal playing field which will annoy Fishface intensely :D ..........

FFS You still don't get it do you

Gawd this is hard work

Fishface wants to rule Scotland

BoJo is thwarting her by showering Scotland with YOUR money, because its the only way the Scots will vote to remain part of BoJo's empire.

If BoJo stopped showering Scotland with your money, Scotland would vote for independence, BoJo would lose part of his Empire, so 'Fishface' (and I) would get what we want.

Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong in my attempts to explain this.

Archived