Can we keep Motorhoming

John Allen

Brian Kirby - 2020-03-28 6:57 PM

Don't forget that the site wardens of both clubs are non-essential workers, so obliged to stay at home just as the rest of us are.

There is no general 'stay at home' for non-essential workers. If your work is closed, you can work from home, or you are at risk, then you should stay at home. There may be others I've not thought of,

p.s. It may be that some site wardens are asked to stay on site to ensure security and maintenance, but I don't know.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John52 - 2020-03-27 11:09 PM

Billggski - 2020-03-26 10:22 PM

Sorry, but as usual you are pratting on in ignorance. Don't you read the posts or do you just witter on aimlessly as you've no one else to annoy?

It's the number of intensive care beds per person, And the distance that is the issue in rural areas.

At the risk of stating the obvious again its the number of intensive beds per person in ALL areas that is the issue.

Actually, on Radio Cornwall today a spokesperson for Royal Cornwall Hospital said they were 'quiet'

Wheras London is the 'epicentre' of the crisis

(due to BoJo and his cronies standing too close to people and infecting each other apparently. These are the clowns advising us how to avoid infection - and get it themselves. Yet they still think they are so indispensable they refuse to stand aside when they are sick)so what is your point?

So what is your point?

Just seen something else which confirms what I said again.

'Stefan Dräger, the head of ventilator manufacturer Drägerwerk, told German magazine Der Spiegel that the number of intensive care beds in England per capita was lower than Italy and five times lower than in Germany. '

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/28/boris-johnson-coronavirus-outbreak-will-get-worse

My point is that the shortage of beds is all over Britain. So selfish nimbys in Cornwall should from not begrudge people from other parts of the country using the nhs in cornwall, especially when the main hospital reported it is 'quiet' - and their Duke of Cornwall has taken his virus to the highlands, endangering all the servants who have to clear up after him, (And other people from Cornwall who have gone up country and been taken ill will be using the nhs outside Cornwall)

Thats my point.

What is your point?

Oh and the link shows how backward we are in prevention as well as cure.

We need to increase testing (like Germany) - with tests available for everyone not just the likes of the Duke of Cornwall, so those who don't need to be isolated, don't have to be.

John52 - 2020-03-29 7:06 AM

Oh and the link shows how backward we are in prevention as well as cure.

We need to increase testing (like Germany) - with tests available for everyone not just the likes of the Duke of Cornwall, so those who don't need to be isolated, don't have to be.

This is the crazy thing. There could be tens of thousands of us that have had this and dont even realise who are isolating for nothing. Same with those who work in or around the NHS. I thought I had it, looks like it was fecking Chickenpox instead but I would still like to know. If Im clear of it, I have a car. I can deliver NHS supplies. I live in the 2nd most widespread and uninhabited area in England. In the upper dales there are people running short of all sorts of stuff now that you wouldnt normally think of. Even stuff like hay for feeding horses or medical supplies. The charity I work for set up a Facebook group for the area and its really getting used now but they desperately need people to deliver stuff. If we had testing kits and knew who had maybe had the virus you have a team of people that can be put to work to help without having to worry about isolating.

John 52 or whatever it is you call yourself -

What is it you DON'T GET about SPREADING the virus ?

I live in Cornwall and I object to being called a Nimby.........particularly by a bloody Numpty like you.

It's time you stopped your usual puny efforts at political point-scoring, royal bashing and attention seeking debate - stay in, don't spread the virus and liberally coat yourself in Plumbers Mait - I'm sure that will give you the ultimate in protection.......

Yet again discussion turning into a farce. One of the points about staying at home, if you travel you need fuel touching a pump that many hands have touched, pin pad for card payments, supplies on route and when you arrive. By nature most Motorhomes cannot keep a large amount of food fresh compared to your house, (full timers exempt) i am sure that there are many NHS and other workers battling to keep us safe and fed would like to be able to just run away. We’re in France in lockdown at our cottage with our brand new Motorhome acting as an expensive extra fridge. I feel fortunate to be here but feel for everyone. Please stop bitching think of others and act responsibly your travel may put others at risk and the people you meet on you travels could be related to the people who are trying to save your lives one day.

I feel this thread has now run its course and is no longer relevant to MH Matters as for the time being we are not able to use our MH's so I am going to freeze it.

Please take any further discussions to Chatterbox.

Keith.

Archived