NIMBY's?

Barryd999

globebuster - 2020-06-06 8:19 AM

John52 - 2020-06-06 7:37 AM

globebuster - 2020-06-05 8:13 PM

What? A less densely populated area like the South West - which now has the highest R number, thanks to gormless dolts like you, and the stupid travel any distance advice.

Don't confuse your bitter jealousy, resentment and crass mentality with people trying to do the right thing by giving them a label.

Why come to Cornwall if you feel so bitter about the residents that live here. Why call them Nimbys? - you've done them far more harm than they're ever likely to do to you.

Still waiting for anything to back up your claim that I am spreading the virus *-)

I don't feel bitter about the residents in Cornwall. I could buy a house there if I wanted to.

With very few exceptions (which I had forgotten about so edited the post to add) All those I have met have been friendly (maybe because they assume I'm a local (lol) )

And I don't feel resentful of nimbys like you because I ignore them :-D

You are nothing to me, as is your wierd obsession with fecal matter. 8o| - thats your problem not mine :-D

I go to Cornwall sometimes because the coast is beautiful and I have the same right to it as you or anyone else I choose not to live there full time, but I do like to include it on my intinery as another place of interest to stay as long as i want. I didn't get to see places like that what I was driving a lorry, and what you can't see always seems more interesting, so am making up for it now :-D

Lots of smileys today John :-D you must have woken in a happy mood..........

Perhaps it's the thought of sitting on a proper toilet for the first time in a couple of months :-D

I'd prefer it if you didn't buy a house down here, us nimbys aren't that keen on numptys

With regard to fecal matter and your sanitary arrangements - it is definitely your problem, oh - and the poor people who clear out the bins after you

Nope - still nothing about how I am spreading the virus, or what difference it makes what sort of sh!te you put in the dog sh!te bin.

I doubt if the bloke emptying the dog sh!te bins is going to open the bags and see any difference.

Can't imagine he is as obsessed with fecal matter as you.

I should have known better than to waste my time reading your reply :-S

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-06 8:29 AM

Nope - still nothing about how I am spreading the virus,

Have you been tested? :-| ........

If not how do you KNOW you are not a asymptomatic super spreeder? *-) ........

globebuster - 2020-06-05 11:13 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-05 10:17 PM

globebuster - 2020-06-05 7:46 PM

John52 - 2020-06-05 5:28 PM

globebuster - 2020-06-05 2:42 PM

John52 - 2020-06-05 5:31 AM

globebuster - 2020-06-04 8:15 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-04 5:52 PM

John52 - 2020-06-04 4:52 PM

pelmetman - 2020-06-04 4:48 PM

John52 - 2020-06-04 4:42 PM

pelmetman - 2020-06-04 2:55 PM

John52 - 2020-06-04 8:30 AM

pelmetman - 2020-06-04 7:48 AM

John52 - 2020-06-04 7:38 AM

My understanding is your home is the one you were in when the lockdown started, doesn't say if you have got a house somewhere you must travel to that.

So you've spent months "Interpreting" the rules to suit yourself *-) .......

HYPOCRITE >:-) ..........

I'm obeying the law, making the most of the unprecedented sunshine, and harming no one :-D

Unlike the Duke of Cornwall, Boris Johnson, and Dominic Cummings taking their virus to another home >:-)

How do you know your not a asymptomatic super spreader? :-| .......

Because, even if I had the virus, I wouldn't be spreading it as I am self isolating in my (motor) home :-D

So you didn't open the lid on the dog poo bin? :-| ........

Nor did you fill up your van using easily accesible taps? *-) .....

Or shop at least every other day etc etc? ;-) .........

HYPOCRITE >:-) .......

Of course I did - same as everyone else who uses the tap, the dog waste bin, and the supermarket.

and

I took the proper precautions not to catch or spread the virus

The difference is we took the precautions in our own homes and local areas. Much less likely to spread the virus. Lets say you picked it up from a bin or a supermarket trolley in one town. You openly admit you have been moving around every day. So over two weeks you could have been carrying that virus and not only contaminating one area but maybe 14. You are the worst kind of spreader potentially which is why there is a law preventing you from doing exactly what you have been doing. you now are trying to twist that to say you were supposed to stay in the home you were in at the beginning of lock down. No, you were supposed to go home to your main residence and stay there. Do you not remember all the debacle about second home owners?

I couldn't have put it better myself .....

52's continued use of smileys I find a bit sickening, more so than the thought of him s**tting in a bag - maybe it's his childish way of dealing with the denial

If globebuster was agreeing with me I'd be worried 8-)

You needn't worry there Coco - I'm not that deluded. If you had the misfortune to bump into me one day that might be different

Fact is we locked down too late to stop it spreading round the country,

It already has - And I'm doing my utmost to endanger people by travelling as far and wide as possible.

So I'm taking precautions to stop catching or spreading the virus.

With my woolly hat.

A motorhome / van is just as effective a barrier as a bricks and mortar house

But sadly, I don't actually have a motorhome - I just pretend to, all I have is a van a bucket and an armchair.

So I cannot see the objection to staying overnight in one [if I really did have one that is] even if it is for weeks and weeks on end, I mean what's wrong with staying in around 45 different places - how can that possibly spread the virus!

And (Antony in particular's) obsession and posting of deliberate falsehoods about my waste disposal.

Other than jealousy and spite

I must admit I am rather jealous - I can think of nothing more enjoyable than tucking a bin liner under the rim of a bucket and then stooping precariously above it and curling one out, whilst of course, holding my wide necked [very important feature that] fabric conditioner bottle to piss in - cor! I'd love that.

Then I could let the bags mount up in my hot, windowless sweaty tin box until I find a Dog Waste [only] bin to put it in.....now that's what I'd call 'living the dream'

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

You'll be pleased to know that I've adjusted your reply above to make more sense too

When you have finished laughing at your own fecal joke again, for the umpteenth time of telling it, try not to be so resentful about being stuck at home when others are out and about.

Resentful is the wrong word - respecting, law abiding and responsible is what I am.

But why would I be resentful?

I'm not exactly stuck at home doing nothing, I haven't really missed going to my house in France or using the camper [a real one btw] I've been busy sorting the garden which has been a bit neglected in recent years, I've transformed my workshop, serviced my old car collection and spent most evenings in the crappy cheapo Spa I bought.

I've even read Barry's guide to boating which I've downloaded to a USB stick!

Blimey! You must be getting bored! (lol)

I agree with you though, its not really that difficult to just stay at home. Its the people who are missing family especially the elderly missing grandchildren I feel bad for. There are a few friends in the village in that situation. Otherwise for me and Mrs D its been no hardship at all. It would be nice to get away in the van but its not like we havent been lucky enough in the last 12 years spending half the year away in it all over Europe. Many folk are lucky to get a week at Butlins.

There are many that have made some proper sacrifices and way too many that have paid the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty to keep the rest of us safe. Bollox to clattering pans in the street to show our appreciation, much better we stick to the rules and dont act like Arseholes.

You could do with a better boat though :-D

Fancy you 'trespassing' in that blokes garden

I found it quite useful for future reference, although you missed out Brantome.

My old man is 95, and has managed to look after himself through the best part of 3 months of this, on his own - and he's seen some stuff in his time. At the risk of sounding corny, it's people like him [just kids at the time really] that gave us the freedom we have today. Then you get some boasting, piss-pot of a wimp on here talking a load of b*****ks........and making crap excuses.

I guess some of us just have a greater sense of responsibility.

Oh yeah, that was written a while ago. I still have the old yellow rubber dinghy but its a beach toy really. I bought a Sevylor Madison Kayak about five or six years ago and its still going strong. Totally love it.

Good on your old man. I agree. That generation just dont give a s**t. Talk about take it on the chin.

Barryd999 - 2020-06-06 9:17 AM

globebuster - 2020-06-05 11:13 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-05 10:17 PM

globebuster - 2020-06-05 7:46 PM

John52 - 2020-06-05 5:28 PM

globebuster - 2020-06-05 2:42 PM

John52 - 2020-06-05 5:31 AM

globebuster - 2020-06-04 8:15 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-04 5:52 PM

John52 - 2020-06-04 4:52 PM

pelmetman - 2020-06-04 4:48 PM

John52 - 2020-06-04 4:42 PM

pelmetman - 2020-06-04 2:55 PM

John52 - 2020-06-04 8:30 AM

pelmetman - 2020-06-04 7:48 AM

John52 - 2020-06-04 7:38 AM

My understanding is your home is the one you were in when the lockdown started, doesn't say if you have got a house somewhere you must travel to that.

So you've spent months "Interpreting" the rules to suit yourself *-) .......

HYPOCRITE >:-) ..........

I'm obeying the law, making the most of the unprecedented sunshine, and harming no one :-D

Unlike the Duke of Cornwall, Boris Johnson, and Dominic Cummings taking their virus to another home >:-)

How do you know your not a asymptomatic super spreader? :-| .......

Because, even if I had the virus, I wouldn't be spreading it as I am self isolating in my (motor) home :-D

So you didn't open the lid on the dog poo bin? :-| ........

Nor did you fill up your van using easily accesible taps? *-) .....

Or shop at least every other day etc etc? ;-) .........

HYPOCRITE >:-) .......

Of course I did - same as everyone else who uses the tap, the dog waste bin, and the supermarket.

and

I took the proper precautions not to catch or spread the virus

The difference is we took the precautions in our own homes and local areas. Much less likely to spread the virus. Lets say you picked it up from a bin or a supermarket trolley in one town. You openly admit you have been moving around every day. So over two weeks you could have been carrying that virus and not only contaminating one area but maybe 14. You are the worst kind of spreader potentially which is why there is a law preventing you from doing exactly what you have been doing. you now are trying to twist that to say you were supposed to stay in the home you were in at the beginning of lock down. No, you were supposed to go home to your main residence and stay there. Do you not remember all the debacle about second home owners?

I couldn't have put it better myself .....

52's continued use of smileys I find a bit sickening, more so than the thought of him s**tting in a bag - maybe it's his childish way of dealing with the denial

If globebuster was agreeing with me I'd be worried 8-)

You needn't worry there Coco - I'm not that deluded. If you had the misfortune to bump into me one day that might be different

Fact is we locked down too late to stop it spreading round the country,

It already has - And I'm doing my utmost to endanger people by travelling as far and wide as possible.

So I'm taking precautions to stop catching or spreading the virus.

With my woolly hat.

A motorhome / van is just as effective a barrier as a bricks and mortar house

But sadly, I don't actually have a motorhome - I just pretend to, all I have is a van a bucket and an armchair.

So I cannot see the objection to staying overnight in one [if I really did have one that is] even if it is for weeks and weeks on end, I mean what's wrong with staying in around 45 different places - how can that possibly spread the virus!

And (Antony in particular's) obsession and posting of deliberate falsehoods about my waste disposal.

Other than jealousy and spite

I must admit I am rather jealous - I can think of nothing more enjoyable than tucking a bin liner under the rim of a bucket and then stooping precariously above it and curling one out, whilst of course, holding my wide necked [very important feature that] fabric conditioner bottle to piss in - cor! I'd love that.

Then I could let the bags mount up in my hot, windowless sweaty tin box until I find a Dog Waste [only] bin to put it in.....now that's what I'd call 'living the dream'

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

You'll be pleased to know that I've adjusted your reply above to make more sense too

When you have finished laughing at your own fecal joke again, for the umpteenth time of telling it, try not to be so resentful about being stuck at home when others are out and about.

Resentful is the wrong word - respecting, law abiding and responsible is what I am.

But why would I be resentful?

I'm not exactly stuck at home doing nothing, I haven't really missed going to my house in France or using the camper [a real one btw] I've been busy sorting the garden which has been a bit neglected in recent years, I've transformed my workshop, serviced my old car collection and spent most evenings in the crappy cheapo Spa I bought.

I've even read Barry's guide to boating which I've downloaded to a USB stick!

Blimey! You must be getting bored! (lol)

I agree with you though, its not really that difficult to just stay at home. Its the people who are missing family especially the elderly missing grandchildren I feel bad for. There are a few friends in the village in that situation. Otherwise for me and Mrs D its been no hardship at all. It would be nice to get away in the van but its not like we havent been lucky enough in the last 12 years spending half the year away in it all over Europe. Many folk are lucky to get a week at Butlins.

There are many that have made some proper sacrifices and way too many that have paid the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty to keep the rest of us safe. Bollox to clattering pans in the street to show our appreciation, much better we stick to the rules and dont act like Arseholes.

You could do with a better boat though :-D

Fancy you 'trespassing' in that blokes garden

I found it quite useful for future reference, although you missed out Brantome.

My old man is 95, and has managed to look after himself through the best part of 3 months of this, on his own - and he's seen some stuff in his time. At the risk of sounding corny, it's people like him [just kids at the time really] that gave us the freedom we have today. Then you get some boasting, piss-pot of a wimp on here talking a load of b*****ks........and making crap excuses.

I guess some of us just have a greater sense of responsibility.

Oh yeah, that was written a while ago. I still have the old yellow rubber dinghy but its a beach toy really. I bought a Sevylor Madison Kayak about five or six years ago and its still going strong. Totally love it.

Good on your old man. I agree. That generation just dont give a s**t. Talk about take it on the chin.

Good choice on the kayak, I've got the Colorado version - you should try one of those sail kits, always useful when there's a bit of puff

John52 - 2020-06-06 7:26 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-05 5:41 PM

You still just dont get it do you? The point is people are travelling many miles to the same places because there are no restrictions, there is plenty of countryside on your doorstep where ever you are. .

You still don't get it do you?

You don't know how far most of them travelled

You just want them to go somewhere else, even though they have as much right to the National Park as you.

Nimby.

Well we do know how far the morons travelled. Those in Richmond were predominately from Teesside, Middlesbrough etc. In upper Teesdale the coppers reckoned the north East. They have no right to be here whatsoever as they are breaking the law just like you are. Neither Richmond or Upper Teesdale are in a national park by the way although the area of the falls in upper Teesdale is the countries first 'UNESCO European and Global Geopark'. Its stunning. Well it was until the scumbags you seem to think have the right to go there decided to go all "Banksy" and draw a big blue cock n balls on it I sh1t you not. So yeah I do want them to go somewhere else, Prison or where ever you are.

What I want to see is more police with more powers and massive fines for people like this. I dont normally support violence of any kind but I would make an exception for these people I am so angry about it. I honestly do not have an issue with people who have been stuck on lock down in towns etc coming here if they play by the rules but the facts are in the recent hot weather all we saw was a lot of this kind of behaviour. Thankfully the good people of Richmond and especially the Dales wont stand for it and you dont want to mess with some of them. Thankfully action is being taken. I wouldnt come back this way in your van, just sayin

Barryd999 - 2020-06-06 9:36 AM

Well we do know how far the morons travelled. Those in Richmond were predominately from Teesside, Middlesbrough etc. In upper Teesdale the coppers reckoned the north East. They have no right to be here whatsoever as they are breaking the law just like you are.

What law were they breaking by travelling for exercise *-)

How did you find all their addresses to know where they were predominately from btw *-)

are ' the good people of Richmond and especially the Dales' planning to break the law, and what should the penalty be if they do?

John52 - 2020-06-06 12:48 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-06 9:36 AM

Well we do know how far the morons travelled. Those in Richmond were predominately from Teesside, Middlesbrough etc. In upper Teesdale the coppers reckoned the north East. They have no right to be here whatsoever as they are breaking the law just like you are.

What law were they breaking by travelling for exercise *-)

How did you find all their addresses to know where they were predominately from btw *-)

are ' the good people of Richmond and especially the Dales' planning to break the law, and what should the penalty be if they do?

Well seeing as you clearly dont know what the laws and rules are as you keep breaking themI I shall try and explain for you. Gathering to party in close groups, not social distancing, taking drugs, drinking together in public, smashing bottles into the river, littering, driving whilst p*ssed or on drugs to name a few. The information I have on where they were from was from the Police themselves who I do have contact with and the locals who were there. I can assure you, these were not local morons. We do have a few of them but even the woman behind the counter in the local Coop can scatter them with a flea in their ear.

I dont know of anyone planning to break the law of course to deal with these people should we have a re-occurrence but if I did I certainly wouldn't tell you what the tactics were. Anyway it seems as I said that quick action has been taken in the Dales to prevent such a problem in the future. No doubt we will see similar measures in other parts of the country that have experienced such anti social and outrageous law breaking behaviour.

Barryd999 - 2020-06-06 2:42 PM

Well seeing as you clearly dont know what the laws and rules are as you keep breaking themI I shall try and explain for you. Gathering to party in close groups, not social distancing, taking drugs, drinking together in public, smashing bottles into the river, littering, driving whilst p*ssed or on drugs to name a few. The information I have on where they were from was from the Police themselves.

Nope - I haven't broken any of those laws

Try again *-)

(oh and are you going to ban everyone lawfully coming to the dales in case some break those laws *-) )

Still can't say what law I've broken then. *-)

Just copied this from a link on the motorhome forum

"FCCT head of operations Robbie Blyth said....We would advise that the overnight usage of a motorhome is not within the spirit of the current emergency legislation."

He is trying to restrict motorhomes - so presumably would say it was illegal if it was.

But, unlike some on here, he seems to know what he is talking about.

edited to add weblink: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/1354772/bid-to-restrict-freedom-camping-at-east-neuk-beauty-spots-begins/

John52 - 2020-06-07 7:42 AM

Still can't say what law I've broken then. *-)

Just copied this from a link on the motorhome forum

"FCCT head of operations Robbie Blyth said....We would advise that the overnight usage of a motorhome is not within the spirit of the current emergency legislation."

He is trying to restrict motorhomes - so presumably would say it was illegal if it was.

But, unlike some on here, he seems to know what he is talking about.

edited to add weblink: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/1354772/bid-to-restrict-freedom-camping-at-east-neuk-beauty-spots-begins/

You've broken the law - repeatedly.

You don't have a motorhome either.........

Archived