UK's deaths from COVID........Are unknown.....

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2021-02-21 9:57 AM

So our excess deaths appear to be between 70 and 80 thousand :-| .........

How can you work that out when they haven't even told us the figure for last year?

Handcock must still be doing his homework on the number of reported deaths.

Like his Crony contracts

Before we are allowed to see them

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-02-21 12:27 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-21 10:20 AM

colin - 2021-02-21 10:04 AM

thebishbus - 2021-02-21 8:13 AM

Just looked up the ons.gov UK figures for total yearly death rates for England & Wales in thousands.

2013 -- 506.790. 2014 -- 501,424. 2015 -- 529.655 2016 -- 525,048 2017 -- 533.253. 2018 -- 541,589

2019 -- 530,841. 2020 -- ( prov Jan -Dec ) 608,841.

Brian B.

That's interesting ;-) ...........

That will put us much further down the COVID scoreboard ;-) ........

I'm convinced that the future investigations into how the UK handled the Pandemic, Brexit Blighty will prove to have made more Right decsions than wrong :-) .........

Unlike the EU *-) ..........

Actually it puts us up near the top of the CV-19 death list, and highlights the governments shortcommings.

'Almost 80,000 more people in England and Wales died last year than the preceding 5-year average, and the death toll continues to rise at a shocking rate. In 2020, the UK had one of the highest rates of excess deaths in the world, with more excess deaths per million people than most other European countries and the US.

‘It will take a public inquiry to determine exactly what went wrong, with the UK’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic but mistakes have been made. In a pandemic, mistakes cost lives. Decisions to enter lockdown have consistently come late, with the government failing to learn from past mistakes or the experiences of other countries. The promised “protective ring” around social care in the first wave was slow to materialise and often inadequate, a contributing factor to the 26,200 excess deaths among care home residents last year.

I disagree ;-) ...........

So do the Facts :-| ........

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

Looks like we're 17th (^) ........

Do you agree? ;-) ..........

I agree with the link you have posted, which confirms my post, we have one of the highest rates of excess deaths in the world, which is also higher than most European countries and the US.

So you agree we are currently 17th? ;-) ..........

John52 - 2021-02-21 2:05 PM

How can you work that out when they haven't even told us the figure for last year?

Like his Crony contracts

Yes they have,look at whats quoted above.

pelmetman - 2021-02-21 3:18 PM

We appear to be 17th out of 195 countries, so pretty near the top, but look at those countries which have done worse and there's little to be 'boasting' about, more to hang our heads in shame.

I'd like to know why we have 60% higher excess death rate than France, let alone double the excess death rate of Germany.

colin - 2021-02-21 3:59 PM

We appear to be 17th out of 195 countries, so pretty near the top, but look at those countries which have done worse and there's little to be 'boasting' about, more to hang our heads in shame.

I'd like to know why we have 60% higher excess death rate than France, let alone double the excess death rate of Germany.

We started badly last year with the Covid " project " being run by Dominic Cummings and Co. Slogan Dept. in Downing Street.

His first slogan " Stay at Home " should have been more explicit.

Should have been " Stay at Home, unless you live in a Care Home, in which case you leave as soon as possible "

:-(

thebishbus - 2021-02-21 8:13 AM

Just looked up the ons.gov UK figures for total yearly death rates for England & Wales in thousands.

2013 -- 506.790. 2014 -- 501,424. 2015 -- 529.655 2016 -- 525,048 2017 -- 533.253. 2018 -- 541,589

2019 -- 530,841. 2020 -- ( prov Jan -Dec ) 608,841.

Brian B.

BTW the pandemic only really started to take of in the UK at the end of March, so if we look at the announced figures for CV-19 vs just over 9 months of excess deaths they are not too far apart, in fact looking at the figures I've got the total daily figures for CV-19 deaths as of 31st Dec was 73,512.

jumpstart - 2021-02-21 3:33 PM

Like his Crony contracts

No they have not, look at whats quoted above

John52 - 2021-02-21 5:50 PM

jumpstart - 2021-02-21 3:33 PM

Like his Crony contracts

No they have not, look at whats quoted above

I'm quite happy to go with the published figures above.

Make your own figures if you want.

Guest pelmetman

So not the highest as Barry Fake News would have us believe *-) ...........

Nor the 4th.....because countrys count their COVID deaths differently :-| ........

Maybe 17th......But I note China was missing from the list? ;-) ........

https://www.ibtimes.sg/china-hiding-covid-19-death-toll-21-million-cell-phones-disappeared-why-41580

My guess is in the wash up after the Pandemic is over, we will be even further down the list and have fared no better or worse than any similar country with a similar demographic from the Pandemic :-| .........

But we will have shown the world how to Roll Out a vaccine and how to bounce back economically B-) .......

pelmetman - 2021-02-22 9:45 AM

Nor the 4th.....because countrys count their COVID deaths differently :-| ........

https://www.ibtimes.sg/china-hiding-covid-19-death-toll-21-million-cell-phones-disappeared-why-41580

My guess is in the wash up after the Pandemic is over, we will be even further down the list and have fared no better or worse than any similar country with a similar demographic from the Pandemic :-| .........

But we will have shown the world how to Roll Out a vaccine and how to bounce back economically B-) .......

Your chart is totally floored as it depends on how health services around the world have coped with none covid deaths and treatments. We have an NHS service which is the envy of the world that is open to all. Whilst its struggled who is to say other health services have not struggled more? So we might have fewer excess deaths from other illnesses than other countries. We are also behind the curve in terms of when it all kicked off so we are not looking at a full year.

Look at the infection rates per 100000 and frequently we have been at the top of the list.

I dont suppose you can rely on figures from third world countries but it makes little difference. The UK government has failed massively to protect its citizens of our "island" nation and you are simply desperately grasping at anything you can find to try and disguise that fact.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-02-22 10:46 AM

Your chart is totally floored as it depends on how health services around the world have coped with none covid deaths and treatments. We have an NHS service which is the envy of the world that is open to all. Whilst its struggled who is to say other health services have not struggled more? So we might have fewer excess deaths from other illnesses than other countries. We are also behind the curve in terms of when it all kicked off so we are not looking at a full year.

Look at the infection rates per 100000 and frequently we have been at the top of the list.

I dont suppose you can rely on figures from third world countries but it makes little difference. The UK government has failed massively to protect its citizens of our "island" nation and you are simply desperately grasping at anything you can find to try and disguise that fact.

Still defending your Fake News Barry *-) ..........

So how are you going to spin this after all your bad mouthing? >:-) ..........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9278683/Nadhim-Zahawi-says-evidence-looks-good-vaccines-lower-Covid-transmission.html

Suck it UP Hater (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-02-22 10:52 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9278683/Nadhim-Zahawi-says-evidence-looks-good-vaccines-lower-Covid-transmission.html

Spin what? When did I say the vaccine would not work? Bad mouthing? The only thing I have "criticised" is the government and Johnson for their disastrous record throughout the entire pandemic. Only a couple of weeks ago The same "Daily Fail" was reporting on a massive rise in care home deaths from covid where it had tripled, presumably after 75% of them were vaccinated.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9188551/Coronavirus-UK-Weekly-care-home-death-toll-triples-fortnight.html

I think its you that is the Hater Dave. You are obsessed with hate and "bad mouthing" anyone that has the sense to stand up to the regime you have been suckered into.

However, if any of this propaganda from the Mail is true then its great news. Well done the Vaccine producers and the NHS.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-02-22 12:45 PM

Spin what? When did I say the vaccine would not work? Bad mouthing? The only thing I have "criticised" is the government and Johnson for their disastrous record throughout the entire pandemic. Only a couple of weeks ago The same "Daily Fail" was reporting on a massive rise in care home deaths from covid where it had tripled, presumably after 75% of them were vaccinated.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9188551/Coronavirus-UK-Weekly-care-home-death-toll-triples-fortnight.html

I think its you that is the Hater Dave. You are obsessed with hate and "bad mouthing" anyone that has the sense to stand up to the regime you have been suckered into.

However, if any of this propaganda from the Mail is true then its great news. Well done the Vaccine producers and the NHS.

Jeezus *-) .........

How many times did you tell us Boris was gambling with peoples lives by ignoring the vaccine makers recommended jab spacing? >:-) .........

For example :D .........

"Barryd999

Posted: 21 January 2021 6:19 PM

Subject: RE: Vaccines,anyone

The government has also taken the gamble to ignore the strict instructions from the vaccine manufacturers to have the jabs three weeks apart. "

Todays lesson.......FAKE NEWS spreaders need good memories (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Guest pelmetman
pelmetman - 2021-02-22 4:24 PM

Jeezus *-) .........

How many times did you tell us Boris was gambling with peoples lives by ignoring the vaccine makers recommended jab spacing? >:-) .........

"Barryd999

The government has also taken the gamble to ignore the strict instructions from the vaccine manufacturers to have the jabs three weeks apart. "

Todays lesson.......FAKE NEWS spreaders need good memories (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Barry bump :D .........

pelmetman - 2021-02-22 5:28 PM

Jeezus *-) .........

"Barryd999

What was the vaccine manufacturers guidance as to how the two doses should be administered on the 21st January?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-22 5:50 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-22 5:28 PM

Jeezus *-) .........

"Barryd999

What was the vaccine manufacturers guidance as to how the two doses should be administered on the 21st January?

Prolly the same as its always been ;-) ..........

Fortunately for us Boris's boffins ignored what they said B-) .........

I suspect the EU are feeling proper chumps for not taking the same "Gamble" >:-) ..........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ......

pelmetman - 2021-02-22 6:05 PM

I suspect the EU are feeling proper chumps for not taking the same "Gamble" >:-) ..........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ......

Doris took a gamble and got lucky. He will no doubt take a few more gambles if he remains PM and some will also fail, a bit like his herd immunity, shaking hands with Covid patients etc etc

And as to Doris listening to his boffins, that will be a first. I have 120,757 bodies as evidence for that. Those same boffins are suggesting a further 30,000 deaths over the next few months.

I am sure that those chumps in the EU with nowhere near that level of fatalities and with soaring GDPs will be so happy that they didn't need to put so much emphasis on the vaccine to get things under control.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-22 6:35 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-22 6:05 PM

(lol) (lol) (lol) ......

Doris took a gamble and got lucky. He will no doubt take a few more gambles if he remains PM and some will also fail, a bit like his herd immunity, shaking hands with Covid patients etc etc

And as to Doris listening to his boffins, that will be a first. I have 120,757 bodies as evidence for that. Those same boffins are suggesting a further 30,000 deaths over the next few months.

I am sure that those chumps in the EU with nowhere near that level of fatalities and with soaring GDPs will be so happy that they didn't need to put so much emphasis on the vaccine to get things under control.

I wonder how many will die in the EU because they didn't take the same gamble......and even worse slagged off the A/Z vaccine so now folk are refusing it? *-) .........

But because you're a 2 faced hypocritical LOSER you'll ignore the CHUMPS failings wont you? >:-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2021-02-23 7:16 AM

So not just UK....how many others..

The Guardian: Italy 'misled WHO on pandemic readiness' weeks before Covid outbreak.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/22/italy-misled-who-on-pandemic-readiness-weeks-before-covid-outbreak

It's evident that the virus is on the rise again in many Eastern European EU countries :-| ..........

The EU's handling of the Pandemic has been a perfect example of everything that's wrong with the EU, and why we were SOoooo right to vote to leave >:-) ........

Not that the miserable LOSER brigade will thank us for saving their sado ar*e's :D .........

pelmetman - 2021-02-23 8:49 AM

jumpstart - 2021-02-23 7:16 AM

So not just UK....how many others..

The Guardian: Italy 'misled WHO on pandemic readiness' weeks before Covid outbreak.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/22/italy-misled-who-on-pandemic-readiness-weeks-before-covid-outbreak

It's evident that the virus is on the rise again in many Eastern European EU countries :-| ..........

The EU's handling of the Pandemic has been a perfect example of everything that's wrong with the EU, and why we were SOoooo right to vote to leave >:-) ........

Not that the miserable LOSER brigade will thank us for saving their sado ar*e's :D .........

You didn't notice that it was Italy and not the EU that hadn't complied? There is no mention if the EU has to submit a plan or not but at least the EU funded BioNTech in 2018 recognising the potential danger from a pandemic.

Interesting the EU agency has a little list https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/seasonal-influenza/preparedness/influenza-pandemic-preparedness-plans

Here in the UK from that list it looks like our most recent plan was 2011, we ignored the findings of Operation Signet, privatised the PPE distribution centre which then got in a legal dispute between its landlord and a hedge fund that bought it which led to the PPE shortage.

What I noticed in the Guardian article is that the families are taking legal action against government, here such an action would be by Judicial Review, guess what the government want to change? Yes Judicial Review, I suppose after the kicking the courts gave them they're after revenge?

Archived