Bulletguy

pelmetman - 2021-09-24 10:32 AM

John52 - 2021-09-24 9:30 AM

pelmetman - 2021-09-24 7:48 AM

Motorhome or builders van? ;-) ........

More like a courier's van on the outside

Motorhome on the inside :-D

complete with bed, table, fridge, kitchen, air con, heating, toilet & shower

If it was a motorhome on the outside, I couldn't go where I want when I want.

and worst of all..

Might even have to use campsites and be stuck next to someone like you 8-)

"toilet"

Welcome to the civilised world ;-) ...........

I hope it came with instructions :D .........

Why? You have demonstrated on here numerous times that you wouldn't read them properly.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John52 - 2021-09-23 10:25 PM

Tracker - 2021-09-23 5:21 PM

- GET A LIFE.

I've already got one with everything I want Thanks :-D

Enjoying my new motorhome and getting out for walks -

just have to stop and sit down for a break more often than I used to do and pass the time looking in on here.

The only thing troubling me is people who are less fortunate than myself.

PS:

Just spent best part of an hour queuing for diesel,

like they do in other third world countries,

and am now scared to go away in case I can't get fuel to get back

.... if thats any comfort to you ;-)

I suspect the EU must be secretly p!ssing themselves laughing at Brexit Blighty (lol)

... when they are not too busy with our industries that are moving to the EU :-S

Just drove to Morrisons to get some shopping and as there was no queue at the pumps I filled up - no problem - no shortages said the manager - just very busy as every idiot in town comes in for two gallons to top up their tank whether they need it or not.

Our neighbour said the same of Tesco.

Perhaps if the media had not made a drama out of a non event people would not be panic buying and the non event would have remained a non event?

Tracker - 2021-09-24 4:35 PM

Just drove to Morrisons to get some shopping and as there was no queue at the pumps I filled up - no problem - no shortages said the manager - just very busy as every idiot in town comes in for two gallons to top up their tank whether they need it or not.

Perhaps if the media had not made a drama out of a non event people would not be panic buying and the non event would have remained a non event?

What you are basically saying is that you wish the press would stop reporting news that doesn't agree with your narrative. The fact remains that due to a HGV driver shortage some petrol stations have run out of fuel, how the public react to the news is determined by how much they trust the governments message - that there will be no shortages. Looks to me like the public are getting wise.

Stations shut down and queues at those that still have fuel left. The Argus is publishing rolling news updates

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19602880.live-queues-bp-asda-sainsburys-petrol-stations-amid-shortage/

But fear not UK.......much needed help is on the way as Pretty Nasty has had to relax her potty rules which drove qualified EU workers including truck drivers, away. Question now is how many will want to come after the appalling manner they've been treated?

https://tinyurl.com/w2545dsc

https://www.ft.com/content/8335166f-9019-471b-9cbf-d7554c3b40b2

CurtainRaiser - 2021-09-24 4:42 PM

The fact remains that due to a HGV driver shortage some petrol stations have run out of fuel, how the public react to the news is determined by how much they trust the governments message - that there will be no shortages. Looks to me like the public are getting wise.

Not quite as you say - how the public react has a lot more to do with how the media portray reality than what the government say.

All governments lie and I don't trust the goverment, any government, to be honest either but I trust the media even less!!

In this case the Government appears to be largely correct - there is no fuel shortage - just a driver shortage.

A driver shortage has more to do with company cost cutting management and lack of foresight than Governement actions.

It must have come as a great surprise to many companies when we left the EU almost two years ago and foreign drivers went home - who could have predicted such an event - although some did and managed their business accordingly it seems?

Tracker - 2021-09-24 5:16 PM

The fact remains that due to a HGV driver shortage some petrol stations have run out of fuel, how the public react to the news is determined by how much they trust the governments message - that there will be no shortages. Looks to me like the public are getting wise.

Not quite as you say - how the public react has a lot more to do with how the media portray reality than what the government say.

All governments lie and I don't trust the goverment, any government, to be honest either but I trust the media even less!!

In this case the Government appears to be largely correct - there is no fuel shortage - just a driver shortage.

A driver shortage has more to do with company cost cutting management and lack of foresight than Governement actions.

It must have come as a great surprise to many companies when we left the EU almost two years ago and foreign drivers went home - who could have predicted such an event - although some did and managed their business accordingly it seems?

So what of yesterday's media reports about the driver shortage leading to stations closing did you find inaccurate?

Tracker - 2021-09-24 5:16 PM

Nobody ever implied there were fuel shortages, it was always about shortage of drivers which we brought on ourselves 1) from Brexit and 2) Patels lunacy of blocking qualified HGV EU truckers from working here. The Road Hauliers Association were ringing the alarm bells months back before we'd even left the EU but government wasn't listening. We never had enough qualified HGV truckers ourselves so relied heavily on EU truckers.

https://www.rha.uk.net/News/News-Blogs-and-Press-Releases/press-releases/detail/driver-shortage-rha-and-freight-industry-write-to-prime-minister-boris-johnson

https://www.rha.uk.net/news/news-blogs-and-press-releases/news-updates/detail/rha-on-bbc-news-we-have-plenty-of-food-but-not-enough-hgv-drivers-to-deliver-it-

https://www.rha.uk.net/news/news-blogs-and-press-releases/news-updates/detail/-it-will-take-at-least-18-months-to-train-100-000-hgv-drivers-

Tracker - 2021-09-24 5:16 PM.......................

Not quite as you say - how the public react has a lot more to do with how the media portray reality

......................... there is no fuel shortage - just a driver shortage.

A driver shortage has more to do with company cost cutting management .................

But, if those members of the public happen to rely on their vehicles for their incomes, or simply to get to work, what are they expected to do. I think the fact that there is no shortage of fuel per se, just a shortage of the additionally qualified drivers to deliver it to filling stations, might seem a trifle academic to that group. Whatever is the underlying cause, a filling station that has run out of the required fuel is equally useless. So those who drive high mileages will understandably (at least to me) top up wherever, and whenever, they can.

"A driver shortage has more to do with company cost cutting management and lack of foresight than Government actions."

Doubtless, but that cost cutting is what directors are rewarded for doing by shareholders, whose interests seldom extend beyond the next share price movement. It's a bit tough the blame company directors for being no more prescient than government ministers. No-one foresaw all the possible impacts of Brexit, and anyone who sensibly warned of the risks was shouted down for being a doom monger, or similar. That is just how the economy works.

It's surprising how many petrol stations are closing down when they are not experiencing a " fuel shortage ".

Maybe they just closed because they were bored ?

Typical politicians statement that there is no shortage of fuel when clearly there is in some places.

:-(

Tracker - 2021-09-24 4:35 PM

This guy queued an hour and a half at Morrisons

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58676366

Brian Kirby - 2021-09-24 6:45 PM

That is just how the economy works.

Exactly - not the government's fault, not the fuel company's fault - just one of they there things - learn to live with it 'cos I doubt it will be the last non event to be blamed on Brexit/Covid which seems to a multi purpose excuse for every cock up.

Tracker - 2021-09-24 9:33 PM

Exactly - not the government's fault, not the fuel company's fault - just one of they there things - learn to live with it 'cos I doubt it will be the last non event to be blamed on Brexit/Covid which seems to a multi purpose excuse for every cock up.

Government are at fault for ignoring the warnings given by the Road Hauliers Association. When Patel hounded EU workers which included truckers out of the country, the RHA warned government that we would not be able to cope without them. Schapps or whatever name he now uses, came up with some half baked hair brained idea of our own truck drivers working longer hours until we had enough drivers. The lunacy of this government is staggering, prepared to put peoples lives at risk whilst persistently ignoring the advice and warnings of those at the coal face, the RHA. There were thousands of qualified EU drivers who could come and start shifting stock......remember it's not only fuel, supermarket shelves need replenishing too. Whether any want to come to work in a country which hates them and hounded them out, is another matter as many EU workers who had planned to settle here have gone home since Brexit.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/large-proportion-of-eu-citizens-plan-to-leave-unrecognisable-uk-because-of-brexit-286653/

As uncomfortable as this is for you and other Brexiteers, it's an inescapable fact this sh1tshow is down to Brexit and the government of fools you wanted in parliament so no, we are not going to "learn to live with it" as it's your doing and we'll constantly be reminding you of it's failings. You were warned plenty of times but we were told we were "scaremongering" and "spreading Project Fear" etc. It's Project Here now.

And its going to get a whole lot worse...

Time for Traker and Co to own their s**te.

I blame the mainstream media for finally telling people what is actually happening......

Perhaps tomorrow they might start reporting on the corruption

https://goodlawproject.org/update/lord-bethell-and-matt-hancock-to-hand-over-private-messages/

Nothing to do with Brexit?

That will be why the government is now relaxing its rules on visas for HGV drivers

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/09/24/boris-johnson-relaxes-rules-foreign-lorry-drivers/

Guest pelmetman

I wouldn't be surprised if big business did it on purpose because they dont want to pay the workers a decent wage ;-) ............

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-09-24 7:51 PM

It's surprising how many petrol stations are closing down when they are not experiencing a " fuel shortage ".

Typical politicians statement that there is no shortage of fuel when clearly there is in some places.

The Lemmings will always panic *-) .........That's what they do ;-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-09-25 9:34 AM

Very true.

That explains why you mention on the " WHAT " thread , that you have two full tanks of fuel.

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-09-25 10:22 AM

Very true.

That explains why you mention on the " WHAT " thread , that you have two full tanks of fuel.

Nope........I'd just happened to had filled up a couple of days before ;-) .........

I prolly wont need to fill up again for a month as I only go to the tip or the builders merchants nowadays :D ........

Looking on the brightside when I take my "new" 38 year old Honda accord for a spin this afternoon, the roads should be quiet B-) ...........

CurtainRaiser - 2021-09-25 1:31 AM

That will be why the government is now relaxing its rules on visas for HGV drivers

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/09/24/boris-johnson-relaxes-rules-foreign-lorry-drivers/

But where are those drivers going to come from? Not likely that many will come from EU as there's plenty of work and high wages there already, maybe we could get some rom further afield.

malc d - 2021-09-25 10:22 AM

Very true.

As if boasting about it wasn't bad enough it shows his typical selfish greed.

colin - 2021-09-25 12:27 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-09-25 1:31 AM

But where are those drivers going to come from? Not likely that many will come from EU as there's plenty of work and high wages there already, maybe we could get some rom further afield.

Wherever they can get any. Prior to Brexit they were already working here so the supply chain was flowing freely as it had done for many years. The Road Hauliers Association notified government that the situation was "rapidly deteriorating" and there were fully qualified foreign drivers available if the Home Office relaxed their stupid rules. As usual with Johnson and co they don't listen to the professionals and we are where we now due to their utter incompetence.

http://transportoperator.co.uk/2021/05/17/rha-need-foreign-drivers-combat-shortage/

A stunning example of cognitive dissonance. :-|

The chief executive of high street retail giant Next has blamed the government’s “insane” immigration policy for the huge shortage of lorry drivers causing chaos in Britain’s supply chain.

Lord Wolfson – a Conservative peer and Brexit supporter – called on the Home Office to change the rules to allow more heavy-goods vehicle (HGV) drivers to work in the UK amid ongoing shortages and disruption.

“It strikes me as being insane that despite the fact that everyone knows that we desperately need drivers, the Home Office are still preventing people coming to this country to work as drivers,” he told LBC.

Reluctant to blame Brexit for the crisis, Lord Wolfson said: “I personally don’t think that’s the problem with Brexit, I think it’s the problem with the way in which our immigration system is being run.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-food-shortages-drivers-next-b1911748.html

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-09-25 8:04 PM

pelmetman - 2021-09-25 7:31 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-09-25 12:48 PM

I guess its better than watching their own sh1t show ;-) .........

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

Nope. I can't see any country with more than 136,105 deaths or 7,631,233 positive cases. We're still winning.

Try doubling the EU counting ;-) ........

You managed to do a lot more than that 25 years ago :D .......

Archived