BP shut down some petrol stations

Bulletguy

pelmetman - 2021-09-25 8:12 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-09-25 8:04 PM

pelmetman - 2021-09-25 7:31 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-09-25 12:48 PM

I guess its better than watching their own sh1t show ;-) .........

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

Nope. I can't see any country with more than 136,105 deaths or 7,631,233 positive cases. We're still winning.

Try doubling the EU counting ;-) ........

Why?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-09-25 8:16 PM

Nope. I can't see any country with more than 136,105 deaths or 7,631,233 positive cases. We're still winning.

Why?

Why Snot?.......

Obviously your Lefty Brain bogey is blocking common sence from reaching the parts that obviously died years ago *-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-09-25 8:26 PM

Why?

Why Snot?.......

Obviously your Lefty Brain bogey is blocking common sence from reaching the parts that obviously died years ago *-) .........

So why not help me address the common sense deficit and explain why you suggest I should double the EU figures?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-09-25 8:30 PM

Why?

Why Snot?.......

So why not help me address the common sense deficit and explain why you suggest I should double the EU figures?

Shirley Snot we're not back to you making 14 = 24? 8-) ......

pelmetman - 2021-09-25 8:34 PM

Why?

Why Snot?.......

What has 14 got to with the statistics?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-09-25 8:36 PM

pelmetman - 2021-09-25 8:34 PM

Why?

Why Snot?.......

What has 14 got to with the statistics?

14 has nuffink to do with it ;-) .......

The fact that you are trying to hide the EU's Fu*kup behind their number cruching say's so much about you LOSERS >:-) ............

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-09-25 8:54 PM

pelmetman - 2021-09-25 8:48 PM

The fact that you are trying to hide the EU's Fu*kup behind their number cruching say's so much about you LOSERS >:-) ............

What is it about their number crunching that makes you suggest that we should double their numbers?

Perhaps they should try counting to 28...........before they put their scores on the doors :-| .......

Frankly I'm shocked at how low the EU will go to score points *-) .......

pelmetman - 2021-09-25 9:00 PM

What is it about their number crunching that makes you suggest that we should double their numbers?

Perhaps they should try counting to 28...........before they put their scores on the doors :-| .......

So you still want to demonstrate your stupidity?

Because your basic English is so bad you think that "14-day death notification rate per 1 000 000 inhabitants for the reporting period" means that the EU is only reporting deaths where a positive covid test was received in the previous fourteen days AND NOT the twenty eight days the UK uses? Except, as any fool knows, it actually means the number of deaths reported in the fourteen day reporting period. By way of example Public Health England reports on a seven day rolling basis, but that doesn't mean we have moved away from the "positive test within twenty eight day of death".

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-09-25 9:11 PM

Because your basic English is so bad you think that "14-day death notification rate per 1 000 000 inhabitants for the reporting period" means that the EU is only reporting deaths where a positive covid test was received in the previous fourteen days AND NOT the twenty eight days the UK uses? Except, as any fool knows, it actually means the number of deaths reported in the fourteen day reporting period. By way of example Public Health England reports on a seven day rolling basis, but that doesn't mean we have moved away from the "positive test within twenty eight day of death".

It hadn't stopped your fellow Chimps from using the base line number as weapon to bash Boris with did it? :-| ......

Well it didn't until the tide changed .......... *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-09-25 9:22 PM

It hadn't stopped your fellow Chimps from using the base line number as weapon to bash Boris with did it? :-| ......

Sorry I didn't quite hear your admission that you had not understood what you were talking about? Again.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-09-25 9:28 PM

pelmetman - 2021-09-25 9:22 PM

Sorry I didn't quite hear your admission that you had not understood what you were talking about? Again.

You wont......until tomorrow and I get a decent internet connection

*-) .......

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2021-09-25 11:23 PM

pelmetman - 2021-09-25 9:55 PM

*-) .......

I blame Brexit for your bad connection but the EU will blame Boris and Boris will blame Covid as the true harbinger of all evil.

I blame the BBC :D ........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10028661/HGV-boss-accused-triggering-petrol-pump-crisis-Ministers-point-finger-ex-BBC-man.html

pelmetman - 2021-09-25 11:53 PM

Ah yes the good old Bulldung Baffles Commonsense - fantastic at advertising itself at our expense not so clever at unbiased factual reporting.

Probably best not to watch their version of the news!

Meantime on thread topic, the visas being offered for foreign drivers are short term to take us up to Christmas. But what then? We have a shortage of 100,000 drivers and short term visas are seen more as a sticking plaster than a solution. Government have had five years knowing this would come once UK left the EU but did absolutely nothing to prepare. They were warned plenty of times by the professionals but ignored them.

Retirement and Brexit are the two highest factors for the shortage. It's an industry with an ageing employment and letters have been sent out to some retirees begging them to come back, so it will be interesting to see how many take that offer up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/57810729

*-) .......

I blame Brexit for your bad connection but the EU will blame Boris and Boris will blame Covid as the true harbinger of all evil.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10028661/HGV-boss-accused-triggering-petrol-pump-crisis-Ministers-point-finger-ex-BBC-man.html

From your link

As managing director of policy for the RHA, he has blamed post-Brexit immigration restrictions for the crisis in the industry and has been leading calls for the Government to lift visa restrictions to allow more foreign drivers into the country.

But if you where to read what he actually said you would see that is not the case, he said 50,000 historic shortage, plus 20,000 loss due to Brexit, plus 40,000 loss due to cancelled tests, and on top of that more are retiring than joining.

Once again the Daily Fail proves it's nickname is true.

We, as a nation, are now paying the price for allowing low paid foreign workers to overwhelm our working populace in the short term name of 'keeping costs down'.

Couple that with a general lack of incentive for people of working age to work when benefits, freebies and charities obviously provide a greater attraction for doing nothing and it is no small wonder we are in the deep doo dah that we are.

It is high time that low paid workers with socially and physically difficult jobs - like carers - like good HGV drivers - are properly trained and rewarded and recognised as an important part of the structure of society.

Yes it will cost more, a lot more, but why should these low paid but skilful jobs be perpetuated as low paid when they are so needed to keep the country running.

We are a wealthy country and we should all be paying more tax and higher prices if that is what it takes to ensure the long term security of our own futures.

Tracker - 2021-09-26 3:45 PM

Yes it will cost more, a lot more, but why should these low paid but skilful jobs be perpetuated as low paid when they are so needed to keep the country running.

Because government decided ballerinas are more important than truck drivers to keep the country running.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/fuel-shortage-panic-buying-hgv-drivers/

*-) .......

Alongside the 5,000 visas for HGV drivers there are 5,000 visas for poultry workers.

My money is on the lobbyist for the poultry industry being a former Channel 4 presenter, or at least that's how the Daily Wail will report it. And the Brexit muppets will lap it up ....

SUCCESSIVE Governments ever since British industry fell behind the rest of the world due to short sighted unions, aided by worker laziness, lack of investment, poor management

SUCCESSIVE governments have sought to create non jobs rather than the manufacturing and export jobs that create incoming wealth and a trade surplus.

NO government of any flavour has ever had the balls to take the country by the scruff of the neck, give it a good shake and say 'no more' to faux jobs and unaffordable benefits.

Run the country like you run your household - live within your means - earn enough to support your chosen lifestyle.

We have changed governments enough time to avoid the blame game but gutless politicians of every variety have failed the country and now have a lot to answer for.

Tracker - 2021-09-26 4:32 PM

NO government of any flavour has ever had the balls to take the country by the scruff of the neck, give it a good shake and say 'no more' to faux jobs and unaffordable benefits.

I quite agree B-)

I don't mind the unemployed getting REASONABLE benefits

But the Royal Family Hangers On are just taking the p!ss

Tracker - 2021-09-26 4:32 PM

SUCCESSIVE Governments ever since British industry fell behind the rest of the world due to short sighted unions, aided by worker laziness, lack of investment, poor management

SUCCESSIVE governments have sought to create non jobs rather than the manufacturing and export jobs that create incoming wealth and a trade surplus.

Run the country like you run your household - live within your means - earn enough to support your chosen lifestyle.

We have changed governments enough time to avoid the blame game but gutless politicians of every variety have failed the country and now have a lot to answer for.

Have to say Rich, sounds like you're not finding it easy to keep looking on the bright side.

(Hope you're keeping well, you were one of the first people I got advice from as a new motorhomer. Top tip was using a facecloth to get rid of most body moisture after a van shower, saves having wet bathtowels in the van.)

Archived