EC480 Control panel.

Bigal57

Hi. We have a 2015 Auto-trail V-Line 610, which has a Sargent EC500 Control panel. We have an electrical problem which is driving me and my wife absolute nuts, and costing us a lot of money. We have bought 2 new leisure battery’s, 1 new vehicle battery, 1 brand new EC500 control panel, and 1 brand new charger. And after all that, our panel above door peeps away, and tells us Vehicle’s battery to low 😩😢😩😢 Please please can someone put us out our misery 🙏🙏

If you have a Sargent EM40 interface fitted (normally behind the drivers seat) check the fuses within it , and if possible the connections on the rear of the unit . (check for tightness and signs of overheating of the multi-plugs)

If you have not already done so ,It may also be worth trying a complete shutdown for a short time (5 mins) using the black shutdown button on the EC500 PSU.

Sargent Electrical technical services are normally very helpful if none of this works.

Hi,

Have you checked the voltage of your 2 new leisure batteries ? and fuses? and all connections  are connected correctly 

Have you checked they are been charged  when charger is turned on 

Have you checked all connections on the panel itself and wiring is correct 

Have you checked all the earths?

How did you recalibrate the unit? 

What does the alarm actually say  when it beeps ?

Maybe you could post a photo of the fault you say is showing on your Sargent EC500 Control panel or EC 480 as attached 

EC 480 Faulty .jpg

Could be the loss of continuity between starter battery and the Sargent unit.  The feed may be from the converters outlet , this is at the bottom of the drivers  (RHD) door pillar. This may feed the Sargent unit directly or via the EM40 interface .

Check all fuses Including the red 50 amp fuse at the starter battery. 

https://autotrailusers.nz/Forum.cfm?SubjectID=1012

(third item on the list, ducato battery fuses)

Note lots of useful Info on this NZ forum.

Mike

Most important is your reply at this stage ,How long have taken to recalibrate the new unit ,and were the batteries fully charged and checked with a meter Also very important please post the actual fault on your meter for us to advise 

Regards

hi any news on this fault as i am getting the same problem with my Auto Sleeper Warwick XL. I have the EC500 under the bed and the EC480 above the door and get the same Vehicle battery low warning now and again which is frustrating as it never does it when it goes into repair place. Kevin 

Strange .what do they replace on repair as you say? They must find something wrong ? Are you leaving it there long enough with them ? Have you checked all your earths etc' as advised to Bigal57 ? Are you getting the same fault code ? What is the  exact fault code on your panel?

Hi

Have you checked all your wiring (including all earths) for voltage drop and all connections and fuses (check the red 50A fuse for corrosion)  Are you getting a big voltage drop on start up How long did it take you to recalibrate same ?  Has anything new been added ,if so disconnect 

Regards 

Archived