swift 624 thule omnistep relay location

spart007

Hi,

My motorhome has had a wheelchair lift fitted so the electric step control box was removed. I am trying to get it working but can't seem to trace where the control box would have been. I think I have followed the step switch wires from underneath where they go to the back of the van and pop back up behind the fridge?

Any advice appreciated

thanks 

DJ

I believe that the step operation is built into the EC400 PSU, the step settings should be able to be seen in the advanced settings section of the PSU (Press and hold the yellow select button) . Sargent should be able to help with more information if needed  01482 678981 (support section )

Edited by Labby

Took the PSU out and P5 was disconnected.

Plugged it in and it works, thanks a million.

Although the step doesnt fully come out , gets stuck , but hopefully it just needs a clean up.

I assume the resistance must be stopping the step thinking its fully out?

Thanks again, saved me a lot of grief.

If you find that a clean up does not help it may be that the step  run time has been altered/wrongly set , the advance settings in the PSU select/set display can be used to alter this.

Edited by Labby

I do not know what setting to use for your Swift Motorhome ,I think it could relate to motor revolutions , If it is any help ,my step (On an Autocruise van conversion) is a single letter box slide out type and is set at 45 (the set button can be used to alter it when in advanced settings), Sargent should have the information you need  and it could be worth a call to them ,they are normally very helpful.

Edited by Labby

Referring to instructions for the EC500, the setting appears to be "run time" for the motor, with no other defined units.

"This setting will adjust the run time of the electric step motor (in internal time counts). This setting is provided to adjust the run time for different types of step. A longer time will be required for double or triple steps, a shorter time will be required for cassette style steps. The default setting is 30 counts."

If the EC400 is similar, then increasing the setting by trial and error until full deployment might be the way ahead.