New Thetford fridge freezer 4145E +

6 minutes ago, rawhide said:

I've checked feed going into push in plug back of fridge, it's giving around 250v

Is that when the lights are flashing ? and could the charger be running from a spur from the fridge supply (I think it stopped working when you by-passed the Motor home fridge supply )

Edited by Labby

22 minutes ago, rawhide said:

I've checked feed going into push in plug back of fridge, it's giving around 250v

Do you have an 'Over Voltage Protection' (OVP) device in your PSU?

If yes then your 250 Volts could possibly be tripping it as it is rather high for a 'Nominal' 230 Volt supply.

Edited by Keithl

36 minutes ago, Keithl said:

Do you have an 'Over Voltage Protection' (OVP) device in your PSU?

If yes then your 250 Volts could possibly be tripping it as it is rather high for a 'Nominal' 230 Volt supply.

I'm pretty sure there's no OVP on the Reich box, mostly 20 amp fuses

1 hour ago, rawhide said:

Hi Labby, with lights flashing meter showing around 264 v

I would suggest you contact your electricity supplier and report an excessively high voltage. The UK limit is 253 Volts.

This seems to be the root cause of your problem.

28 minutes ago, Keithl said:

I would suggest you contact your electricity supplier and report an excessively high voltage. The UK limit is 253 Volts.

This seems to be the root cause of your problem.

No , that's wrong, the fridge works fine from extension lead same property, maybe multi meter needs Questions, that isn't the problem 

6 minutes ago, rawhide said:

No , that's wrong, the fridge works fine from extension lead same property, maybe multi meter needs Questions, that isn't the problem 

Maybe the excessive voltage only happens occasionally and this has always been when you are connected through the MH electrics and it has never happened when plugged in through your extension cable ????

Try getting another multimeter or maybe a plug device like an Energenie Power Meter to confirm whether you have a voltage problem.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Energenie-429-856UK-Power-Meter/dp/B003ELLGDC

On the fridge control If you press the  <      > and square button between them simultaneously the fridge should enter  service mode and any error codes should be seen on the temp. display that is on the right.   If the  mains supply is out of range this will mean that the second and fourth  segments of the temp. display show up. (error 10)

1 hour ago, Keithl said:

Maybe the excessive voltage only happens occasionally and this has always been when you are connected through the MH electrics and it has never happened when plugged in through your extension cable ????

Try getting another multimeter or maybe a plug device like an Energenie Power Meter to confirm whether you have a voltage problem.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Energenie-429-856UK-Power-Meter/dp/B003ELLGDC

Thank you

25 minutes ago, Labby said:

On the fridge control If you press the  <      > and square button between them simultaneously the fridge should enter  service mode and any error codes should be seen on the temp. display that is on the right.   If the  mains supply is out of range this will mean that the second and fourth  segments of the temp. display show up. (error 10)

Thank you