New Thetford fridge freezer 4145E +

Will do later, but I keep testing on plastic push in fridge to power connector, and it's good  today big letdown, after days and hours, I knew I had one chance,  feed from consumer to fridge socket  direct also found loose live in plug fitted by engineers, so thought , that's it, NO, plugged into extension tonight, 1 st time done this since EHU and consumer fitted, it works spot on ,

7 hours ago, Labby said:

Have you checked that the Motorhome fridge wiring is not also being used to supply any other device.

The feed cable 34 comes from consumer to fridge socket then onto other sockets but no device 

Hi

So again , can you confirm ? You have plugged it into your (non surge protected) extension lead independent supply and a DC independent supply (as you quoted before) and it works , "spot on" ?

Regards

2 minutes ago, onecal said:

Hi

So again , can you confirm ? You have plugged it into your (non surge protected) extension lead independent supply and a DC independent supply (as you quoted before) and it works , "spot on" ?

Regards

Fridge is plugged into extension from house, working with EHU plugged in or out,  at the same time, it will not work through the EHU, initially yes then starts to cool then flashing lights, ,your time and help much appreciated 

7 minutes ago, onecal said:

Hi 

Does it work with the EHU ,if  the charging unit is disconnected , Spot on ?

Regards

Not tried that, charger is in Reich box, to isolate would have to pull a fuse, can't think other way, then we're not charging, or are looking for the fault, someone told me ,it's E relay problem in the  box, Apuljack ruled that out 

On 04/07/2024 at 15:20, rawhide said:

Help again required if possible,, 2005 Burstner Elegance 681, Thetford 4145 E ,+, this fridge ok gas and 12 v, switch to electric ok for 15- 18 mins then flashing lights ,  followed cables check, fitted all new earths , new hook up, new consumer unit,  new fridge. Socket,  same problem, on old consumer unit I wired direct off RCD , fridge worked spot on and left overnight , no problems, fridge but charger stopped working,, wired back, after new parts fitted, extension lead from house plugged in fridge,  no hook up plugged ,ok  left as is then plugged hook up in, all ok and charger working, I'm not spark and gone as far as I can, anyone out there with a fix , please don't mention engineers, seen to many and lost money, I very much appreciated all help and suggestions last time, thanks everyone 

2 hours ago, Labby said:

Have you carried out the error code check on the fridge display to confirm what  fault is  indicated .(when on EHU)

No Labby I haven't, must have that 100 times previously, it will give code 9, , the fridge is perfect on extension lead, if it needed new board element etc it wouldn't work on extension 

Posted (edited)
On 02/06/2024 at 09:06, rawhide said:

As I said, the fridge has been tested off motorhome and is faultless, forget fault codes , element etc,  the problem is somewhere in my motorhome, which baffles the engineers, starts and cools then flashing lights,  after 18 minutes, my question, does anyone know what  this is, some questions irrelevant in previous replies, but thanks anyway , regards Steve 

Strange as you quoted before, you did say forget the fault codes etc' are you now saying you actually have a fault code ? Is this fault with your old fridge or in fact the new fridge replacement ?

Edited by onecal

When you use the extension lead you are also by-passing the 230v supply to the PSU and the charger/12v habitation power supply ,  ). Could the Fridge control power board be receiving more than 12v (making it give out incorrect faults/flashing lights) when supplied through the charger/12v habitation electrics when on EHU.

I expect you already know, but the error code 9 = AC heater on when it should be off,  (according to the Thetford N4000 series trouble shooting guide)

7 hours ago, Labby said:

When you use the extension lead you are also by-passing the 230v supply to the PSU and the charger/12v habitation power supply ,  ). Could the Fridge control power board be receiving more than 12v (making it give out incorrect faults/flashing lights) when supplied through the charger/12v habitation electrics when on EHU.

I expect you already know, but the error code 9 = AC heater on when it should be off,  (according to the Thetford N4000 series trouble shooting guide)

But if I try it on extension it must be good ,no lights and freezing, EHU nothing, I spoke with engineers, there opinion is problem is in Reich box because of the time scale, ie ,15 20 minutes, 

8 hours ago, onecal said:

Strange as you quoted before, you did say forget the fault codes etc' are you now saying you actually have a fault code ? Is this fault with your old fridge or in fact the new fridge replacement ?

Was the same both fridges ,when flashing you press 3 buttons for the fault code,that story is to long

Posted (edited)

Could you put a meter across the fridge control panel/board input 12v supply on the rear of the fridge (black and purple cables) and see if the 12v  supply voltage alters just before the fridge starts flashing , or when it is flashing 

Edited by Labby

18 minutes ago, Labby said:

Could you put a meter across the fridge control panel/board input 12v supply on the rear of the fridge (black and purple cables) and see if the 12v  supply voltage alters just before the fridge starts flashing , or when it is flashing.

Will try that tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Keithl said:

Can you take your MH to another location and try a totally different power supply? eg a relatives???

Portugal Spain Devon Wales ,  failed, didn't like what I heard about Reich box from engineers today, his opinion only, but worrying 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, onecal said:

Ok

Did you try disconnecting the charging unit and see will it work on EHU ? Without tripping or causing error codes or timing out 

Regards

No ,I haven't, but will this morning, unsure if you know the Reich box, lm sure you can't switch that  off , there's internal and external chargers I will pull both fuses,  I took it out yesterday didn't tape end connector, blew a 50 amp fuse😔 so off to garage, cu soon

Posted (edited)

Are you sure there are two chargers or has the PSU intergrated one been replaced with an higher output external charger (with the original still in place but disconnected ).

Is it Apuljack Electronics you are talking to about the problem ? 

Edited by Labby