Ducato elecs

Bob101

This link is to a 2011 .pdf file containing the Owner's Manual of a Font-Vendome "Le Bel Horizon" model.

https://docs.campingcar-infos.com/docs/Font-Vendome (vans)/FontVendome 2011 BelHorizon ManuelUtilisation.pdf

The section covering the electrical installation shows a Nordelettronica NE160 control-panel

image.png.b3361815791b6eb64ab313dab2a391cd.png

and (like many control panels) has the capability to test the state of charge (voltage) of the starter and habitation batteries. According to Apuljack Electronics, this panel is usually paired with a NE129 fuse-board/distribution unit.

https://www.apuljackelectronics.co.uk/Nord-NE129-Fuseboard--NE160-Control-Panel__p-414.aspx

I notice that the Manual advises about the control panel

On/Off button.
Allows you to turn the control panel On and Off (Note: the system may go into safety mode. Hold the button down for 5 seconds to reset it)

I'm doubtful that following the resetting procedure would miraculously fix your problem (which seems very peculiar)  but it would be worth trying.

Good evening Labby l have checked the fuses l can see. However, in the diagram there is a 25 amp fuse between the leisure battery and control panel l have been unable to identify for sure where it that is. Maybe l have checked it but l cannot be sure.

I will check it out tomorrow, lt is a tad dark now, in the afternoon l am free and for them again. I will remove the battery completely and search for it. Thanks for the advice.

2 hours ago, Labby said:

The wiring layout shown in the handbook shows separate 25 amp fuses near both the leisure and starter battery positive supply sides , are they ok ?

52 minutes ago, Labby said:

Have you checked near the leisure battery positive terminal , it may be in that area .

Edited by Bob101

On 14/10/2024 at 21:05, Bob101 said:

I will check it out tomorrow, lt is a tad dark now, in the afternoon l am free and for them again. I will remove the battery completely and search for it. Thanks for the advice.

Hi Sorry it took me long to get back to you. I found a fuse blown in a fuse carrier just next to the battery It took me to get another fuse of the right type and amperage. The existing one was 15 amp, it should have been 25 amp apparently according to the wiring diagram, (link supplied by Derek Uzzell) so I hope this is the end of my problem thanks for your help and everyone else who pointed me in the right direction.