Forum Diet.

Hymer C 9.

J9withdogs - 2008-03-17 1:04 PM Keeping fit for the Over Fifties. Start off with a 5 kg potato bag in each hand and raise it above your head 20 times 3 times a day. Next week a 10 kg bag in each hand. 3rd week a potato sack in each hand, until you start to feel confident and fitter. Every week from then on start putting Potatoes in the bag. :D :D :D[/quote?

Have you tried it Jan ? we might end up having mussels like popeye!!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So come on then, how are we all doing this week?

For my part I have neither lost nor gained any weight and am still 14st 8lb. Been quite busy at work lately with one thing or another and haven't been on the exercise bike or ab roller for weeks :-( . Still fairly happy to have not put any back on though (lol) .

D.

I feel ashamed but this life style isnt helping me the not eating breakfast lunch and tea then getting to late my favorite just a sarny and a glass of coke isnt working .

last week I was eating special K for breakfast and that yellow fish for lunch then special K for tea people say boring but I was really struggling with that lot anyway my point is it lasted for 4 days and then I had a meeting early Bang it went no breaky no lunch no tea back to the sarny again .

I know before you all tell me off its not a good life and to be honest i am just one fat blob of late looking at myself I would honestly say hand on heart i swaer I am eating just that do you think that when you get to be a cretain age it gets harder ?

michele - 2008-03-20 7:37 PM I feel ashamed but this life style isnt helping me the not eating breakfast lunch and tea then getting to late my favorite just a sarny and a glass of coke isnt working . last week I was eating special K for breakfast and that yellow fish for lunch then special K for tea people say boring but I was really struggling with that lot anyway my point is it lasted for 4 days and then I had a meeting early Bang it went no breaky no lunch no tea back to the sarny again . I know before you all tell me off its not a good life and to be honest i am just one fat blob of late looking at myself I would honestly say hand on heart i swaer I am eating just that do you think that when you get to be a cretain age it gets harder ?

It certainly does Michelle your metabalism stops working Well mine has I was like a latt when I had 4 kids to run about after but once I hit 50 I have to watch it or it creeps up and up but I was 10 3 this morning so Im slowly seeing that not eating cake is working Ive now lost 5lb not a lot but its something.  You shouldnt skip meals you know it only makes you eat more later on I think little and often is better and Im eating loads of fruit but I have had to stop eating tangerines as my joints are aching more.

Skipping meals is really bad for you. Quite apart from the obvious, as far as I am aware, and my doctor told me this ages ago, it actually makes your metabolism slow down so when you do eat the food sits around longer and you get more calories from it. So, even though you think that because you're actually eating less this is a good thing, you are actually worst than someone who eats regularly as the digestive system will be used to dealing with the food and channel it through much quicker. If you really struggle some days to have meals, get some of those smoothie drinks in, you can take them with you wherever you are going and at least you will be able to get some sustenance into yourself easily.

Michele, I hate to tell you, this but Special K is no better than normal cornflakes, they have the same calorific value and are a lot more expensive!!! Just buy normal cornflakes (you really can't beat Kellogs though!)

J9withdogs - 2008-03-20 10:57 PM

Not fair, Carol - I haven't been able to have a drink for 2 weeks now >:-(

Sorry Janine, but you will have the last laugh I'll be still moaning about trying to get weight off and you have done it, so abstainace has its own rewards, hows your week end going, Carol. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

J9withdogs - 2008-04-09 9:08 AM Weighed-in this morning and down to 8st 13lb. Only one pound to go to target (lol) How's anyone else doing?

Some people just make me sick!!!! Id smile Jan but I have no smillies!!! so youl just have to take my word for it! 

How about a typical days recipe page? because I b.......d if I can tell you why Im at a standstill Ive lost 5.lbs from 10.8 to 10.3 been like this 2 weeks now I havent the enegy to run a half marathon but I think that is what it will take!!!

J9withdogs - 2008-04-09 9:08 AM Weighed-in this morning and down to 8st 13lb. Only one pound to go to target (lol) How's anyone else doing?

Some people just make me sick!!!! Id smile Jan but I have no smillies!!! so youl just have to take my word for it! 

How about a typical days recipe page? because I b.......d if I can tell you why Im at a standstill Ive lost 5.lbs from 10.8 to 10.3 been like this 2 weeks now I havent the enegy to run a half marathon but I think that is what it will take!!!

J9withdogs - 2008-04-11 4:38 PM 8 st 11 this morning :$ I put it down to strawberries - I can eat a punnet at a time. Still sticking to the Slimming World diet, it works for me.

You cant need to lose anymore Jan you can overdo it you know!! Where do you get the slimming world diet from?

maggyd - 2008-04-11 9:54 PM
J9withdogs - 2008-04-11 4:38 PM 8 st 11 this morning :$ I put it down to strawberries - I can eat a punnet at a time. Still sticking to the Slimming World diet, it works for me.

You cant need to lose anymore Jan you can overdo it you know!! Where do you get the slimming world diet from?

Err, Slimming World perhaps? *-) Me? I'm still stuck on 14 St 8 lb :-( . Mind you I haven't been to the gym for ages (might as well cancel my membership really). I'm just so busy at the moment i don't have spare time for the gym.But at least I haven't put any on ;-) D.

Archived