Forum Diet.

Hymer C 9.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Carol and Dave and any one else who has lost anything

Sorry peeps but let the side down this week, after two weeks working around the country and pub or hotel food I am back up tp 17st 9lb. I was doing so well up to Christmas but seem to have hovered since then, I think I will have to have a re think on what to do. 4 months til holiday and would like to loose at leat another stone but two would be better

Geof

How much do you think you should lose in a week? Before somebody says Where have you come from!! >:-) Ive been keeping quiet not telling anybody in case I dont lose any!! But I started about the same time as you lot on here :$ I started at 10 stone 8lbs ! went down in about 2 weeks to 10 5 then 10 3 then back up to 10 6 Im only really cutting out cake and biccies *-) well no cake anyway and trying to eat healthy and exercise more! but at this rate its going to take 12 months to lose 10 lbs.

Maggyd

Storey of my life since Xhristmas, was doing well before but am being told that I am at a stage where I have to increase my exercise to carry on in the right direction, so when do I have time for that. I am up in the early hours for the drive to work which might be up to 4 hours depending on the part of the country I am visiting and could be stuck in a meeting for upto 6/7 hours and of course there is the journey home again afterwards, when that part of the day is finished if I do not have to move on to another part of the country or catch a flight I have to do the "paperwork" and reports on the day. but I suppose after the garden and drama group at weekends I could walk up the stairs to my bed so as to be ready to start again next week. But chin up as they say, I know it is for the best so will keep at it

Geof

maggyd - 2008-02-10 5:11 PM

How much do you think you should lose in a week? Before somebody says Where have you come from!! >:-) Ive been keeping quiet not telling anybody in case I dont lose any!! But I started about the same time as you lot on here :$ I started at 10 stone 8lbs ! went down in about 2 weeks to 10 5 then 10 3 then back up to 10 6 Im only really cutting out cake and biccies *-) well no cake anyway and trying to eat healthy and exercise more! but at this rate its going to take 12 months to lose 10 lbs.

Maggyd, Join in with us the whole idea is we can encourage one another and goodness knows we all need a bit of help, but if we know we are posting on a WEDNESDAY if we have a off day it helps get you back on the path, if you get really stuck someone will come up with fresh ideas. and the more of us doing it when we add up the total loss at the end of the month, the more we feel we've done a bit. 2 lb a week is a nice loss but I'll take any loss I can get. Carol.

Carol why do you think I kept stum (lol) Im trying to lose without being drastic and I thought right! stop eating cake and sweets up the exercise! but I know if I lose it quick Ill just put it on again as oon as I stop. For instance O.H likes fish and chips Friday night *-) its a no no if your on a diet ! I can be 10st 3 Friday and back to 10st 7 sat morning. I go on a stepper machine about once a week (its killing) I try to do 25 more than the last time every time I go on it! and I take the dog for a walk a couple of times a day. I have never been overweight in my life until J retired I was 9st 4 then but now Im over 60 its much harder. Im 5'2" and I should be about two stone lighter than I am now. Weighing in every Wed would be no good to me as Im staying the same just yoyo ing from day to day.

Would just bread and water do it do you think.? :-D

Maggy

Dont despair, if I was only 2 stone overweight I would be over the moon, but according to the books for my height I am 5 over

I know where you are coming from though and if there is a little "help" in the fact that we can share knowledge it will all help.

Geof

Maggyd, same age same weight same height, exactly the same as you always been ok untill the last few years, and now its yo yo, but its good for me to have a bit of help along the way, one way or another though I will get down to 9stone something I don't care what but 9 stone something, Carol. :-S

I'm stuffed! Just been out for a scrumptious Chinese meal as it's Chris's 50th birthday today so my brother took us out. Didn't have a sweet or coffee - too full - twas very nice though. :D

Went to Chris's Dad's on Sunday for a slap up dinner as well, his step-Mum sure does do a nice meal, so I daren't go near the scales at the moment ... they'd probably scream in pain! (lol)

davenewell@home - 2008-02-13 7:22 AM

Thanks Mel, that's really just sooooo helpful >:-(

D.

Sorry Dave ... :-(

BUUUUUUTTTTTT, just had to mention that I've got a nice pot of extra thick double cream sitting in the fridge at the moment and it's going to get used shortly to make 2 nice coffees seeing as we didn't have it yesterday! :D

I'll think of you all eating your lettuce leaf whilst the thick yummie cream causes a 'moustache' as I slurp the coffee ... and I'll then savour the taste of the cream as I lick it off!!!!!! >:-)

Archived