Forum Diet.

Hymer C 9.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mel B - 2008-01-02 10:45 PM

I've still got the chocolate Santa and Snowman (Thorntons) to eat yet, plus a box of chocolate brazil nuts, Dairy Milk, Milk tray etc, etc ... stop drooling J9! So, starting a diet at the moment would be really silly wouldn't it! QUOTE]

Unless its Lindt its just not worth it.....Lindt Bunnies go down well... as d the BIG santas!!! Sadly I told Bruce when we met never to buy me chocolates.... so I'll not see a Lindt in the house unless its smuggled in by a guest!

J9 - your diet sounds very like the SW one I do.... lost 4 stone in 4 yrs... little bit crept back on since wedding, honeymoon etc etc.... so trying to get head around it again!!

Yep Sparkle the SW does work, the idea is just run with what works for us but of mutual support, maybe some good recepies or tips and each week with the Wednesday weigh in just the nudge to keep going, looseing weight on your own can get you down. so jump on board and share you tips and with us. Carol.

My guilty secret's out - I am a Slimming World member :D

At the meetings I have been known to introduce myself as:

Hello, I'm Janine and I'm an alcoholic - oops, wrong meeting (lol)

Seriously though, it is the healthiest diet I've ever tried - and I've tried them all :D

Yep Janine been there done that lost nearly Stone and half, and like you say you need to be a member to keep it off, kept mine off for nearly 2 years and it crept back on over the last 18 months, so here we go again. any new tips you have please share, I need all the help I can get , its to cold and dark to go to classes at night now. Carol.

Did you know you can do it online, Carol?

It's about £20 per month, and isn't as good as actually going to the classes, but it gives you access to recipes & sends you encouraging emails.

Come to think of it, their website is pretty good for tips & recipes without having to join up. (lol)

Hymer C 9. - 2008-01-03 6:43 PM

Thanks Janine & Sparkle, both sites great I'm getting into it now, Sparkle is that link slimming world or is it a seperate thing, I'm off out tonight for a meal with friends but, will miss the potatoes out, Carol.

Its actually a seperate link... a support forum for people following the SW diet....but has a lot of info about Healthy extra updates, syn values and recipes.

Geof & Angi - 2008-01-03 9:50 PM

Well as I said ladies, I game for a go so here is my weight (someone has to start) 17 stone 10 pounds dowm from 19 at begining of October,

I was 5'10 but I think that I am shrinking with age

who's next

Geof

Well as we're declaring our starting weights I weighed in at 15 stone 2 on Wednesday but I'm already down to 14 St 12 :D . I suppose ideally I'd like to drop a stone to around 14 but we'll see how it goes.

D.

Dave Newell - 2008-01-04 9:01 AM Pretty much the same as always but perhaps a bit less of it, cut down on the beer (that always works) and keep going ot the gym. D.

Dave - I'm Back!!!!! from Thailand and had the best Xmas present ever re the news about the missus.

Whose Gym & what does this Gym do for you then?http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_lol.gif

If it's good, I might get me a gym, where can I buy one.

Just staying on my Thai food and doing some more " Muay Thai" - Thai kick boxing - that should do it or it will do me in!

Thai

Hi Bri and welcome back. Glad to hear you've had good news regarding your better half :-) . I don't really do much in the way of sports, I started to learn to play golf a couple of years ago but a recurring tennis elbow has put the kibosh on that for most of last year.

Gym is the local council run gymnasium although I am thinking of investing in some equipment of my own, Netto were advertising rowing machines and excercise bikes this week at very attractive prices and Aldi have got weight benches in at £50 so I might just go on a spending spree and turn my shed into a basic gym to save on the membership fees.

D.

Well I've been up to Tesco Home Extra this afternoon and bought myself an excercise bike and an Ab toner and mat so here goes nothing! If I do get the weight bench from Aldi I can cancel my gym membership and save 20 odd quid a month, four months and the equipment will pay for itself in saved gym fees. Just got to make a point of using it regularly.

D.

Hey Dave this is serious, brilliant though, its what its all about, knowing on Wednesday we'll be posting our weight loss really focus'es the mind, although you will be putting on mucle which will slow the weight loss down but you should look good, we'll have to have some piccys. Carol.

Archived