That London

antony1969

Crime rate has risen throughout the country, not just in London. The Police force has been cut and each forces budgets slashed to the bone. Same with the justice system which we were told earlier this year is "not just creaking, but about to croak". This Government think you can 'police' a country on a shoe string and this is the end result. Questions need asking as to where the money they've cut has gone....what's it been spent on?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John52 - 2018-08-22 7:52 AM

antony1969 - 2018-08-22 7:46 AM

John52 - 2018-08-22 6:21 AM

antony1969 - 2018-08-21 7:08 PM

Oh Lordy ... Sadicks lost control of the capital ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1006491/london-news-rayners-lane-tube-station-shooting-latest-met-police ... Enoughs enough ... Lets get rid of Sadick and get someone who can stop the shameful murder on our capitals streets

As the gap between rich and poor increases, so does the crime rate. The evedence is overwhelming. But the Government has their fingers in their ears.

Mmm but the gun and knife crime epidemic we have in Sadicks London has nothing to do with the poor attacking the rich ... It's black gang crime and gangsta culture ... The evidence is overwhelming ... Not the Government or the rich or poors fault

Its usually about money - controlling the drugs racket etc.

Which rich kids have no need to do.

And their parents can afford to move to a nice area.

Think you'll find it's usually about disrespect and postcode territory wars

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-08-22 9:22 AM

Crime rate has risen throughout the country, not just in London. The Police force has been cut and each forces budgets slashed to the bone. Same with the justice system which we were told earlier this year is "not just creaking, but about to croak". This Government think you can 'police' a country on a shoe string and this is the end result. Questions need asking as to where the money they've cut has gone....what's it been spent on?

It hasn't been spent on anything *-) ...........

It just hasn't been borrowed :-| .........

Unfortunately austerity always has a negative effect.............

So perhaps folk should stop giving Labour the UK cheque book and allowing them to feck up the UK >:-) ..............

Many forces are and have been recruiting for quite some time ... My son in law a serving cop gets all the notifications ... Sadick promised to cut crime ... It's gone up massively ... All crime on his watch has ... So he lied ... I thought you didn't like referendums decided on lies but London Mayor elections seem to be OK ... Strange

antony1969 - 2018-08-22 9:33 AM

Many forces are and have been recruiting for quite some time ... My son in law a serving cop gets all the notifications ... Sadick promised to cut crime ... It's gone up massively ... All crime on his watch has ... So he lied ... I thought you didn't like referendums decided on lies but London Mayor elections seem to be OK ... Strange

I think evidence should be preferred to anecdote Antony....have a read of this

https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/mayoral/stark-reality-of-government-police-funding-cuts

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-08-22 9:53 AM

https://www.london.gov.uk/press-releases/mayoral/stark-reality-of-government-police-funding-cuts

LABOUR MAYOR BLAMES TORY GOVERNMENT SHOCK!!!!..........

(lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-08-22 10:12 AM

Just look at the figures Dave and put aside your bias for once.

It's called austerity ;-) ...........

London isn't unique in suffering the consequences of paying the costs of a Labour government :-| .........

Indeed I'd say London has fared much better than anywhere else in the UK >:-) ........

The fact that its got a lot of murdering scumbags is not this governments fault *-) .........

The Met have enough money to employ 900 hate crime officers ... Sadick ran on a crime reduction ticket ... He obviously lied as crime under his watch has gone through the roof ... He won through lying and deceiving folk , sound familiar

pelmetman - 2018-08-22 9:30 AM

So perhaps folk should stop giving Labour the UK cheque book and allowing them to feck up the UK >:-) ..............

Actually it has been borrowed and spent on bungs to the DUP to keep Theresa May in her job, or given to Britain's richest borough to pay to scammers claiming to have non existant Grenfell Tower flats >:-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-08-22 2:01 PM

pelmetman - 2018-08-22 9:30 AM

Actually it has been borrowed and spent on bungs to the DUP to keep Theresa May in her job, or given to Britain's richest borough to pay to scammers claiming to have non existant Grenfell Tower flats >:-)

At least its been spent in the UK and not given to the EU B-) ............

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-08-22 3:05 PM

pelmetman - 2018-08-22 2:11 PM

not given to the EU B-) ............

Actually we are sending even more to the EU when measured in your Brexit Crash pounds :-S

Not for much longer >:-) ........

antony1969 - 2018-08-22 12:10 PM

The Met have enough money to employ 900 hate crime officers ... Sadick ran on a crime reduction ticket ... He obviously lied as crime under his watch has gone through the roof ... He won through lying and deceiving folk , sound familiar

You may disagree with the way resources are allocated and what potential crimes should be prioritised for action Antony but the fact remains that there has been a significant reduction in the Met’s resources overall.

Taking your 900 officers assigned to deal with reports of hate crime as likely to have an average salary of £40,000 between them as a very rough guide (some will be paid more some less depending on rank) the salary bill for them is about £36m. As the total budget for the Met is £3.269 Billion (2017 figure) the manpower cost of those 900 officers is about 1% of the total budget. I can’t find the total figure paid out in salaries by the Met so I am unable to say what proportion of the salaries budget is being paid to the 900. Nevertheless, given the approximate cost as a proportion of the budget overall it’s not something I would get upset about especially as there has been a significant rise in reports of hate crimes.

I know from previous posts that you are sceptical about the term “hate crime” and the potential for over-reporting of the same. You may have a point but what it comes down to is there is a need to investigate whether such reports are made by the easily offended or the true victims of very nasty incidents which range from verbal abuse to very serious violence. I trust that you would agree with me that such incidents need to be investigated where there is reason to believe a crime has been committed.

Veronica

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-08-22 4:45 PM

I would get upset about especially as there has been a significant rise in reports of hate crimes.

I know from previous posts that you are sceptical about the term “hate crime” and the potential for over-reporting of the same. You may have a point but what it comes down to is there is a need to investigate whether such reports are made by the easily offended or the true victims of very nasty incidents which range from verbal abuse to very serious violence. I trust that you would agree with me that such incidents need to be investigated where there is reason to believe a crime has been committed.

Veronica

Given that hate crimes can be reported and recorded regardless of whether the so called victim is prepared to give their details rather makes the figures meaningless *-) .........

From the Mets hate crime page........

Your Details

The police take hate crime very seriously and will record and investigate this offence even if you do not want to give your details. However, you must know that the investigation and ability to prosecute the offender(s) is severely limited if the police cannot contact you.

Your report is important to us. ***It will be forwarded to the local Police and will be recorded***. As long as you did not report anonymously, an officer will contact you through your preferred channel of communication.

https://www.met.police.uk/true-vision-report-hate-crime/

*-) ..............

pelmetman - 2018-08-22 5:56 PM

I would get upset about especially as there has been a significant rise in reports of hate crimes.

Veronica

Given that hate crimes can be reported and recorded regardless of whether the so called victim is prepared to give their details rather makes the figures meaningless *-) .........

Your Details

The police take hate crime very seriously and will record and investigate this offence even if you do not want to give your details. However, you must know that the investigation and ability to prosecute the offender(s) is severely limited if the police cannot contact you.

Your report is important to us. ***It will be forwarded to the local Police and will be recorded***. As long as you did not report anonymously, an officer will contact you through your preferred channel of communication.

*-) ..............

I entirely accept that the figures on reported hate crimes may not represent the number of actual crimes committed. Seems to me that your post confirms that if reports are made anonymously they will not be investigated. I don't know where that takes us Dave in the context of this discussion.

antony1969 - 2018-08-22 12:10 PM

You may disagree with the way resources are allocated and what potential crimes should be prioritised for action Antony but the fact remains that there has been a significant reduction in the Met’s resources overall.

Taking your 900 officers assigned to deal with reports of hate crime as likely to have an average salary of £40,000 between them as a very rough guide (some will be paid more some less depending on rank) the salary bill for them is about £36m. As the total budget for the Met is £3.269 Billion (2017 figure) the manpower cost of those 900 officers is about 1% of the total budget. I can’t find the total figure paid out in salaries by the Met so I am unable to say what proportion of the salaries budget is being paid to the 900. Nevertheless, given the approximate cost as a proportion of the budget overall it’s not something I would get upset about especially as there has been a significant rise in reports of hate crimes.

Veronica

Austerity began in 2010 after Labours disastrous reign ... Police cuts started in 2010 which we all accept have happened ... Sadick became Mayor in 2016 on the back of a reduction in crime ticket ... Go figure ... He lied obviously to get in power , ya know like the leave vote supposedly won on the back of lies which you and the rest of the anti-brexit crew hate so much ... Why is one lie to gain the vote acceptable but another isnt

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-08-22 6:19 PM

Veronica

Your Details

*-) ..............

I entirely accept that the figures on reported hate crimes may not represent the number of actual crimes committed. Seems to me that your post confirms that if reports are made anonymously they will not be investigated. I don't know where that takes us Dave in the context of this discussion.

It says it will be recorded :-| .............and they wont contact you if reported anonymously ;-) ...........

So any reports of a rise in hate crimes need to be taken with a large pinch of salt, unless the Met is prepared to state how many recorded reports are anonymous *-) ............

pelmetman - 2018-08-22 6:29 PM

Veronica

Your Details

*-) ..............

It says it will be recorded :-| .............and they wont contact you if reported anonymously ;-) ...........

So any reports of a rise in hate crimes need to be taken with a large pinch of salt, unless the Met is prepared to state how many recorded reports are anonymous *-) ............

I see where you are coming from. Why not make a FOI request of the Met? That would be interesting.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-08-22 6:43 PM

pelmetman - 2018-08-22 6:29 PM

Veronica

Your Details

*-) ..............

I see where you are coming from. Why not make a FOI request of the Met? That would be interesting.

Done ;-) ..........

Archived