Respected reporter arrested

antony1969

Barryd999 - 2018-05-30 11:32 AM

antony1969 - 2018-05-30 10:05 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-05-30 9:45 AM

I suspect he knew he would be arrested and go down and it would of course create a huge amount of outrage and publicity. Whats a few more weeks in Prison to him? He can now play the Martyr card and whip up more hatred against Muslims. It doesn't matter if those on trial are guilty or not. Tommy has got his publicity and raised public awareness of it and probably whipped up even more hate. He probably classes it all as "Job Done".

Pathetic ... He wants to go to prison to get attacked again leaving his wife and family at home fearing every day for his safety from our large Muslim population ... Get real Barry

Why because his plot has been discovered? I dont think he is stupid, maybe he is I dunno but what did he think was going to happen? Whichever way you look at it half a million sigs and splashed all over social media and the news it is indeed Job Done.

"His plot has been discovered" ??? Who by and what plot ??? You having a theory much like you do about Brexit get rich Tories doesn't mean they are anywhere near the truth ... If it's all over social media and that petition is above half a million already then surely even you in cloud cuckoo land gets that he has a lot of support ... Have you ever maybe considered he believes in what he's doing Barry regardless of the arrests , police intimidation , threats and attacks on him , threats of rape and murder to his children , threats to his parents etc etc ... Maybe he acts on what he preaches to others , maybe some on here could act on some of their preaching

510000 now have signed and no signs of slowing down

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2018-05-30 12:23 PM

I suspect he knew he would be arrested and go down and it would of course create a huge amount of outrage and publicity. Whats a few more weeks in Prison to him? He can now play the Martyr card and whip up more hatred against Muslims. It doesn't matter if those on trial are guilty or not. Tommy has got his publicity and raised public awareness of it and probably whipped up even more hate. He probably classes it all as "Job Done".

Pathetic ... He wants to go to prison to get attacked again leaving his wife and family at home fearing every day for his safety from our large Muslim population ... Get real Barry

Why because his plot has been discovered? I dont think he is stupid, maybe he is I dunno but what did he think was going to happen? Whichever way you look at it half a million sigs and splashed all over social media and the news it is indeed Job Done.

"His plot has been discovered" ??? Who by and what plot ??? You having a theory much like you do about Brexit get rich Tories doesn't mean they are anywhere near the truth ... If it's all over social media and that petition is above half a million already then surely even you in cloud cuckoo land gets that he has a lot of support ... Have you ever maybe considered he believes in what he's doing Barry regardless of the arrests , police intimidation , threats and attacks on him , threats of rape and murder to his children , threats to his parents etc etc ... Maybe he acts on what he preaches to others , maybe some on here could act on some of their preaching

Well if he didnt know what was going to happen when he broke his suspended sentence conditions then he must be an idiot but I dont think he is an idiot.

This is what the Judge said to him when he passed his three month suspended sentence.

“[Y]ou should be under no illusions that if you commit any further offence of any kind, and that would include, I would have thought, a further contempt of court by similar actions, then that sentence of three months would be activated, and that would be on top of anything else that you were given by any other court.

In short, Mr Yaxley-Lennon, turn up at another court, refer to people as “Muslim paedophiles, Muslim rapists” and so and so forth while trials are ongoing and before there has been a finding by a jury that that is what they are, and you will find yourself inside. Do you understand?“

That seems pretty clear to me. So what did he think was going to happen when he turned up at a another court streaming the same stuff on social media where at one point over 10000 people were watching and no doubt sharing?

Dont get me wrong, Im all for these groups being rounded up and prosecuted and there should be no softly softly approach due to race or religion either but Tommy's agenda goes deeper than just wanting to see Justice and to me it seems his main aim is to whip up Islamophobia. That said I didnt realise until today that he had received another ten month sentence on top of having to serve the original three months. It does seem a bit severe however like I said, it will have made a Martyr out of him and judging by the amount of people that have signed that petition he should consider it a huge success, sadly.

Barryd999 - 2018-05-30 12:41 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-30 12:23 PM

Well if he didnt know what was going to happen when he broke his suspended sentence conditions then he must be an idiot but I dont think he is an idiot.

This is what the Judge said to him when he passed his three month suspended sentence.

“[Y]ou should be under no illusions that if you commit any further offence of any kind, and that would include, I would have thought, a further contempt of court by similar actions, then that sentence of three months would be activated, and that would be on top of anything else that you were given by any other court.

In short, Mr Yaxley-Lennon, turn up at another court, refer to people as “Muslim paedophiles, Muslim rapists” and so and so forth while trials are ongoing and before there has been a finding by a jury that that is what they are, and you will find yourself inside. Do you understand?“

That seems pretty clear to me. So what did he think was going to happen when he turned up at a another court streaming the same stuff on social media where at one point over 10000 people were watching and no doubt sharing?

Dont get me wrong, Im all for these groups being rounded up and prosecuted and there should be no softly softly approach due to race or religion either but Tommy's agenda goes deeper than just wanting to see Justice and to me it seems his main aim is to whip up Islamophobia. That said I didnt realise until today that he had received another ten month sentence on top of having to serve the original three months. It does seem a bit severe however like I said, it will have made a Martyr out of him and judging by the amount of people that have signed that petition he should consider it a huge success, sadly.

Well maybe him willing to pay the price for doing what MSM , the police and politicians have ignored for years is a price worth paying ... Your plot theory regarding him whipping up more hate is way out , surely mass Muslim sex gangs are doing all the whipping up of hate thats needed ... Regarding his "Islamaphobia" what ever that is you can show me many examples of him lying about Islam I presume and whipping up hate because if hes telling the truth how can the truth however awkward for the likes of you offend anyone ???

I can understand the intense anger that people feel about the Rochdale, Rotherham and other emerging scandals of a similar nature. Maybe that accounts for the number of signatures on these petitions. People are angry and rightly so. What I don’t get is why the signatories cannot understand that the worst place to “expose” or rail against this phenomenon is outside a courthouse where people who are suspected of similar offences are being tried but who are not yet convicted. :-(

What was it they used to say in the Wild West? Let's string him up first, and then hold the trial? This is mob rule, not justice.

Our legal system is based on a person being innocent until proved guilty, as tried in open court, with the right to defend themselves against allegations against them, as judged by a jury of 12 of their peers, based solely on the evidence that is presented in court.

For that to work, the jury must be impartial. That impartiality cannot be maintained in the face of derogatory comments publicly circulated before, or during, the trial. To do so is to attempt to influence the jury against the defendant, which is a legal offence. Isn't that obvious, even to those hot under the collar for justice against these accused?

The most likely outcome of the reported behaviour would be collapse of the trial, and the need for a re-trial, possibly out of area or, if the trial concluded with a guilty verdict, the perfect gift of grounds for appeal by the guilty. Whose interest would be best served by that? Little grey cells, anyone?

I just don't understand how these self-appointed "defenders of the realm" can demonstrate such a complete lack of understanding of the legal concepts that underpin what they seek to defend. It beggars belief that people can be so grossly ignorant and unthinking.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-05-31 7:07 AM

What was it they used to say in the Wild West? Let's string him up first, and then hold the trial? This is mob rule, not justice.

Our legal system is based on a person being innocent until proved guilty, as tried in open court, with the right to defend themselves against allegations against them, as judged by a jury of 12 of their peers, based solely on the evidence that is presented in court.

For that to work, the jury must be impartial. That impartiality cannot be maintained in the face of derogatory comments publicly circulated before, or during, the trial. To do so is to attempt to influence the jury against the defendant, which is a legal offence. Isn't that obvious, even to those hot under the collar for justice against these accused?

The most likely outcome of the reported behaviour would be collapse of the trial, and the need for a re-trial, possibly out of area or, if the trial concluded with a guilty verdict, the perfect gift of grounds for appeal by the guilty. Whose interest would be best served by that? Little grey cells, anyone?

I just don't understand how these self-appointed "defenders of the realm" can demonstrate such a complete lack of understanding of the legal concepts that underpin what they seek to defend. It beggars belief that people can be so grossly ignorant and unthinking.

So the BBC coverage of the Barry Bennell scandal before he was found guilty was OK? ;-) ........

Just askin? :-| .........

Of course we have a legal side to this story Veronica and if he's broken the law then as daft as that law is he must pay the price ... What has annoyed many with this though is Islamic hate preachers are allowed to spread vile hate on our streets , Mosques , TV and press for years and nothing ... Muslim haters on our streets with death to non believers , behead the Police etc etc on display on large banners and nothing ... Grooming gangs were allowed to run free for years raping thousands of white girls and nothing and if it wasn't for the likes of Tommy and the BNP that would still be true now ... For the authorities it's not so much he's broke the law but a convenient excuse and attempt to shut him up , I think it's failed miserably they've created a bigger problem ... Unless you follow what young Tommy is up to you don't know of the threats to him and his family , the attacks , the cops endlessly raiding his home and locking him up then releasing him , police intimidation ... A lot of folk feel the same as Tommy and what he says , maybe it's time to start listening before it's too late

pelmetman - 2018-05-31 7:43 AM............……...So the BBC coverage of the Barry Bennell scandal before he was found guilty was OK? ;-) ........

Don't know, didn't see it. Presumably, the same rules should apply, shouldn't they? Just sayin'! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2018-05-31 10:01 AM

pelmetman - 2018-05-31 7:43 AM............……...So the BBC coverage of the Barry Bennell scandal before he was found guilty was OK? ;-) ........

Don't know, didn't see it. Presumably, the same rules should apply, shouldn't they? Just sayin'! :-D

Interesting that Pelmetman now chooses to raise the Barry Bennell case...

With all this supposed abhorrence that is always being so publicly displayed by some on here(re: Muslim paedophiles), out of interest, how many threads have they started or derailed by, and general column inches posted about, Barry Bennell...?

Just askin'......

Guest pelmetman

Yes they should ;-) ........But apparently they're not :-| .......

Just observing :D .......

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2018-05-31 10:15 AM

With all this supposed abhorrence that is always being so publicly displayed by some on here(re: Muslim paedophiles), out of interest, how many threads have they started or derailed by, and general column inches posted about, Barry Bennell...?

Just askin'......

How many Barry Bennell's has the 85% population of the UK managed to create? ;-) ........

Just askin >:-) .......

Just askin'......

Where d'ya wanna start with that pervert Bennell ??? ... How's about how he and others from his religion in massive sex gangs raped thousands of black boys for years while calling em black sluts , black slags and the Police and social services did nothing for fear of being called racist and when they eventually did do something on sentencing in court Bennell screamed out God is Great

antony1969 - 2018-05-31 9:53 AM

Over 540000 signed it now ... It's blowing those daft Brexit remainer whingy petitions to bits init ... Goes to show what's important to people and no signs of the petition slowing down ... Thanks Chatterbox xxx

You’re right in that preachers of hate got away with it for years. That is why laws were introduced to render such hate speech unlawful. Restrictions on the freedom of speech apply to all of us as a consequence, including Mr Robinson. People can’t legitimately claim to support a law about hate speech and maintain that it should not apply to themselves or certain people of their own choosing. If he’s innocent of any crime under this new law or any other law and/or his sentence is excessive then there are avenues of redress under the law that are open to him.

What this campaign to free Mr Robinson highlights for me is that the courts themselves should be making the entire content of the sentencing remarks of Magistrates and Judges more accessible to the public in high profile cases where the degree of public interest is understandably high. Judges sentencing remarks usually include a good summary of what the offence(s) entailed, the aggravating and mitigating factors and why a particular sentence was appropriate. 500,000+ people can’t be accommodated in a courtroom and there is more than a remote possibility that some would choose not to support this campaign if they had access to a much fuller account of the previous proceedings in which he was given a suspended sentence from the "horse’s mouth". They might also be more inclined to put on hold their opinions about whether justice has been served until a full report of the proceedings which led to his recent incarceration is available, safe in the knowledge that such a report will be published when this trial is over.

Violet1956 - 2018-05-31 12:29 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-31 9:53 AM

Over 540000 signed it now ... It's blowing those daft Brexit remainer whingy petitions to bits init ... Goes to show what's important to people and no signs of the petition slowing down ... Thanks Chatterbox xxx

You’re right in that preachers of hate got away with it for years. That is why laws were introduced to render such hate speech unlawful. Restrictions on the freedom of speech apply to all of us as a consequence, including Mr Robinson. People can’t legitimately claim to support a law about hate speech and maintain that it should not apply to themselves or certain people of their own choosing. If he’s innocent of any crime under this new law or any other law and/or his sentence is excessive then there are avenues of redress under the law that are open to him.

What this campaign to free Mr Robinson highlights for me is that the courts themselves should be making the entire content of the sentencing remarks of Magistrates and Judges more accessible to the public in high profile cases where the degree of public interest is understandably high. Judges sentencing remarks usually include a good summary of what the offence(s) entailed, the aggravating and mitigating factors and why a particular sentence was appropriate. 500,000+ people can’t be accommodated in a courtroom and there is more than a remote possibility that some would choose not to support this campaign if they had access to a much fuller account of the previous proceedings in which he was given a suspended sentence from the "horse’s mouth". They might also be more inclined to put on hold their opinions about whether justice has been served until a full report of the proceedings which led to his recent incarceration is available, safe in the knowledge that such a report will be published when this trial is over.

I suppose because of the massive number of Muslim sex gangs that have now thankfully been convicted a lot of folk and me included instantly and quite rightly believe that these Huddersfield Muslims Tommy was reporting on are guilty already ... Yes they have to be tried and yes Tommy broke the law but as I say the balance doesn't seem to be right ... Anjem Choudary is due for release , he will have served 2 years for telling Muslims to go and fight for ISIS and all the other vile hate he's spewed for years and got away with ... Tommy gets 13 months for reporting on a court case has constant police intimidation and many arrests that go unreported ... Many feel let down and those numbers are growing ... Like Brexit when the people in power did not listen to ordinary folks concerns they are not listening now because it's awkward , I think they should start listening before it's too late ... They've locked him.up , they shut down his social media , they very rarely have him on TV but even with all that his follower base just grows ... Many call him a thug , racist blah blah blah but he could hold debates and beat anyone comfortably with his knowledge of the Qur'an and Islamic related issues ... He's not going away

Anjem Choudary got five and a half years and some form of restriction order that curbs his activities on release, if he qualifies for early release. Mr Robinson will be subject to the same release provisions and may be released early on licence. Mr Robinson may be appealing his conviction and or sentence right now for all we know so if he should not have been convicted or the sentence was excessive then it will be reviewed. Trial by media or public petitions are grossly imperfect substitutes for due process.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-05-31 1:20 PM

Anjem Choudary got five and a half years and some form of restriction order that curbs his activities on release, if he qualifies for early release. Mr Robinson will be subject to the same release provisions and may be released early on licence. Mr Robinson may be appealing his conviction and or sentence right now for all we know so if he should not have been convicted or the sentence was excessive then it will be reviewed. Trial by media or public petitions are grossly imperfect substitutes for due process.

Although it now appears that trial by media before due process is allowable only if you are a white Brit *-) ...........

Absolutely trial by media is wrong but was that what Tommy was doing ??? ... Choudary may have got five and a half years but if reports are correct he'll serve just a pathetic two , obviously we can't say how long Tommy will serve as that's on going and given his treatment so far I'd be very surprised if his appeal was successful unless of course those holding the power fear a public backlash ...

You know a backlash like was feared over reporting Muslim sex gangs for years ...

I'm sure I remember reporting at the sex trials of Dave Lee Travis , Max Clifford , Rolf Harris etc etc ...

antony1969 - 2018-05-31 11:53 AM

Just askin'......

Where d'ya wanna start with that pervert Bennell ??? ... How's about how he and others from his religion in massive sex gangs raped thousands of black boys for years while calling em black sluts , black slags and the Police and social services did nothing for fear of being called racist and when they eventually did do something on sentencing in court Bennell screamed out God is Great

I have no desire "to start" anywhere with the prolific paedophile Barry Bennell, Antony..

But then why would I, as I'm not one of those that are continually posting about paedophiles...

Although it was slightly rhetorical, it would seem that my above query has be answered both by yourself and Pelmetman..

The reason that prolific paedophile Barry Bennell's crimes were not deemed of interet to the forum's resident "Peado-Watch" was because he was, shall we say, "the wrong sort" of paedophile... :-S

pepe63 - 2018-05-31 2:19 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-31 11:53 AM

Just askin'......

I have no desire "to start" anywhere with the prolific paedophile Barry Bennell, Antony..

But then why would I, as I'm not one of those that are continually posting about paedophiles...

Although it was slightly rhetorical, it would seem that my above query has be answered both by yourself and Pelmetman..

The reason that prolific paedophile Barry Bennell's crimes were not deemed of interet to the forum's resident "Peado-Watch" was because he was, shall we say, "the wrong sort" of paedophile... :-S

Is there some reason me or anyone shouldn't discuss Muslim sex gangs raping underage white girls ??? Am I wrong isnt it actually happening or sumat , we still denying it are we ??? ... You'd prolly be OK discussing if it was gangs of white Christians out raping underage black girls I bet

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2018-05-31 2:19 PM

Or perhaps it's because we don't have a culture where paedophila is acceptable ;-) .........

We also don't have a culture where killing nonbelievers is acceptable either 8-) .......

You should read the Koran Pepe........then you might know what your talking about :-| ........

Just sayin :D ........

antony1969 - 2018-05-31 1:38 PM

Absolutely trial by media is wrong but was that what Tommy was doing ??? ... Choudary may have got five and a half years but if reports are correct he'll serve just a pathetic two , obviously we can't say how long Tommy will serve as that's on going and given his treatment so far I'd be very surprised if his appeal was successful unless of course those holding the power fear a public backlash ...

You know a backlash like was feared over reporting Muslim sex gangs for years ...

I'm sure I remember reporting at the sex trials of Dave Lee Travis , Max Clifford , Rolf Harris etc etc ...

I think we need to get down to the nitty gritty Antony. From your access to information about what Mr Robinson was doing outside this courthouse that others like me may not have seen, what can you tell us about what he was doing and what purpose was served by him doing it?

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2018-05-31 4:33 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-31 1:38 PM

I think we need to get down to the nitty gritty Antony. From your access to information about what Mr Robinson was doing outside this courthouse that others like me may not have seen, what can you tell us about what he was doing and what purpose was served by him doing it?

You saw the utube video ;-) ......It was no different to what the BBC did outside the courts where Bennell was........except he used the word Muslim *-) ........

Maybe that was Bennell's other mistake.......he wasn't a Muslim :-| ............

Really any trial of such a nature should be kept under wraps IMO until proven guilty. Makes no difference if they are black, white, Muslim, Christian or a celebrity. Speaking as someone who saw a close family members life ruined by such an allegation who was eventually found not guilty unanimously its unbelievable what can happen to you during that process if its public knowledge. This person lost his house, job and suffered a nervous breakdown. The fact that he was found not guilty whilst a relief of course did nothing to fix any of that. When it comes to accusations of child abuse there is an element in the UK who as far as they are concerned your guilty before the trial.

Im not suggesting that those that Tommy filmed are innocent, I have no idea but filming and streaming it live was a pretty stupid thing to have done. If it turns out that any of them are innocent then he is going to look even more stupid and lose more credibility. Clearly there is a problem with Asian gangs and grooming underage girls but if you want to expose it and do something about it you have to be squeaky clean I reckon in how you go about it.

Archived