Honda takes back control

Fast Pat

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-02-20 1:10 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-20 11:21 AM

Brian Kirby - 2019-02-20 11:04 AM

Tracker - 2019-02-20 10:39 AM...…………...Due to the EU making Brexit as difficult as possible, the UK government's inability to resolve it is due in no small part to that EU intransigence...………....

People say this a lot. I have to say I don't see the evidence to support it. Can anyone cite instances of the EU making Brexit difficult, and suggest what they could have done to make it easier?

1 For a start.......Making a issue of the NI border *-) ..........

2 You'd think the EU didn't have any land borders with non EU countries with a issue of past violence :-| ..........

It's funny how borders aren't a issue with current non EU Balkan states like Serbia and Co? >:-) ..........

1 They did not "make an issue" of the NI border. The NI border is not an issue while we are members of the EU. If we leave the EU, it becomes the external border of the EU, and not just Ireland. So, it is legally required to be a "hard" border.

2 They do, and they are "normal" land borders. They have security barriers, and customs and immigration checks. Go see, and stop fantasy tweeting form Spain! :-D

Strange the government overlooked that little fact - seeing we've been in the EU, under those rules, for 45 years.

1......Yes they have *-) ........Customs was never a issue with the IRA! (lol) .......

2.....But they're not there for customs are they (lol) .....

https://www.euractiv.com/section/enlargement/news/eu-ministers-wary-of-kosovo-serbia-border-changes/

Frankly Brian you Remoaners are getting more than a little desperate with your claims of what will happen post Brexit >:-) ...........

You do know that hysteria is a sign that should be checked out by your GP? :-| ........

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2019-02-19 10:28 PM

747 - 2019-02-19 9:34 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-19 9:08 PM

Not only 3,500 jobs at Honda but another 3,500 in it's supply chain so at least 7,000 jobs lost now. Add that to the collateral damage done to Swindon itself and the reality is devastating.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2019/feb/19/honda-expected-to-confirm-factory-closure-business-live

Channel 4 news spoke to a couple of workers, one who worked there since leaving school so all he's ever known. His wife works there, his brother, and nine other direct members of his family. Most of these will be highly skilled people being thrown on the scrap heap.

Utterly disgusting, totally unforgivable, unnecessary and could easily have been avoidable.

Add in the fact that many potential UK new car buyers will no longer want to buy a Honda, it will affect the Dealerships also. ;-)

People certainly won't be buying so readily with increased tariffs....apart from the wealthy. Another way of ensuring that gap between wealthy and less well off increases ever wider. Though that won't just apply to vehicles. Look forward to price increases across the board.

I will be in the market for a new car this year. I have not decided what to buy yet but one thing is certain .... it will not be European.

Good luck on finding tariff free import and a British Brexitmobile. I trust whatever you find you will promptly rip out all European parts for fear of associating with 'the enemy'? You could of course opt for a McLaren if you've got £750k going loose for their budget entry model or a basic Aston Martin, very cheap at a mere £158k. Reliant 3 wheeler trikes were very non-European and British....in their time.

Plenty of choice worldwide for vehicles with zero European input. Plenty of far Eastern marques that are not Japanese. They are competitive in the UK now, so tariffs on Euro cars will just boost their sales here.

pelmetman - 2019-02-20 3:09 PM

Tracker - 2019-02-20 10:39 AM...…………...Due to the EU making Brexit as difficult as possible, the UK government's inability to resolve it is due in no small part to that EU intransigence...………....

People say this a lot. I have to say I don't see the evidence to support it. Can anyone cite instances of the EU making Brexit difficult, and suggest what they could have done to make it easier?

2 You'd think the EU didn't have any land borders with non EU countries with a issue of past violence :-| ..........

It's funny how borders aren't a issue with current non EU Balkan states like Serbia and Co? >:-) ..........

1 They did not "make an issue" of the NI border. The NI border is not an issue while we are members of the EU. If we leave the EU, it becomes the external border of the EU, and not just Ireland. So, it is legally required to be a "hard" border.

2 They do, and they are "normal" land borders. They have security barriers, and customs and immigration checks. Go see, and stop fantasy tweeting form Spain! :-D

Strange the government overlooked that little fact - seeing we've been in the EU, under those rules, for 45 years.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/enlargement/news/eu-ministers-wary-of-kosovo-serbia-border-changes/

Frankly Brian you Remoaners are getting more than a little desperate with your claims of what will happen post Brexit >:-) ...........

You do know that hysteria is a sign that should be checked out by your GP? :-| ........

Jeeez.....you accuse other posters of 'desperation' and 'hysteria'.....then link to Serbia and Kosovo. *-)

Have you ever been in either of those countries? Of course Serbia is a customs border just as Kosovo has though quite why you fuss about either i've no idea as you never venture beyond Calpe campsite. Most UK m/h companies won't cover for Kosovo anyway though mine did last year. You don't simply drive in and out....every damn vehicle is searched and your documents scrutinised.

This gives you some idea though the bit about 'foreigners having to register with police' when entering Bosnia or Serbia isn't done now. You're effectively 'registered' at the point of entry through customs control.

https://www.worldnomads.com/travel-safety/europe/serbia/a-guide-to-serbian-laws

747 - 2019-02-20 3:57 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-19 10:28 PM

747 - 2019-02-19 9:34 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-19 9:08 PM

Not only 3,500 jobs at Honda but another 3,500 in it's supply chain so at least 7,000 jobs lost now. Add that to the collateral damage done to Swindon itself and the reality is devastating.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2019/feb/19/honda-expected-to-confirm-factory-closure-business-live

Channel 4 news spoke to a couple of workers, one who worked there since leaving school so all he's ever known. His wife works there, his brother, and nine other direct members of his family. Most of these will be highly skilled people being thrown on the scrap heap.

Utterly disgusting, totally unforgivable, unnecessary and could easily have been avoidable.

Add in the fact that many potential UK new car buyers will no longer want to buy a Honda, it will affect the Dealerships also. ;-)

People certainly won't be buying so readily with increased tariffs....apart from the wealthy. Another way of ensuring that gap between wealthy and less well off increases ever wider. Though that won't just apply to vehicles. Look forward to price increases across the board.

I will be in the market for a new car this year. I have not decided what to buy yet but one thing is certain .... it will not be European.

Good luck on finding tariff free import and a British Brexitmobile. I trust whatever you find you will promptly rip out all European parts for fear of associating with 'the enemy'? You could of course opt for a McLaren if you've got £750k going loose for their budget entry model or a basic Aston Martin, very cheap at a mere £158k. Reliant 3 wheeler trikes were very non-European and British....in their time.

Plenty of choice worldwide for vehicles with zero European input. Plenty of far Eastern marques that are not Japanese. They are competitive in the UK now, so tariffs on Euro cars will just boost their sales here.

They also have fta's with the EU enabling the things to get built.....good eh? ;-)

This is another reason Dyson went to Singapore...because next to EU his biggest market is far east countries.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-20 4:01 PM

Jeeez.....you accuse other posters of 'desperation' and 'hysteria'.....then link to Serbia and Kosovo. *-)

Have you ever been in either of those countries? Of course Serbia is a customs border just as Kosovo has though quite why you fuss about either i've no idea as you never venture beyond Calpe campsite. Most UK m/h companies won't cover for Kosovo anyway though mine did last year. You don't simply drive in and out....every damn vehicle is searched and your documents scrutinised.

This gives you some idea though the bit about 'foreigners having to register with police' when entering Bosnia or Serbia isn't done now. You're effectively 'registered' at the point of entry through customs control.

From your link.......

"Have the Right Papers

Following a brutal war with its Kosovo neighbor, Serbia has often been wary of anyone heading over the border. And similar to the relationship between some Middle Eastern countries and Israel, having a stamp from Kosovo in the past, would end your journey to Serbia.

In 2014, the Serbian Government legislated that entry into Serbia would be visa free for 90 days for holders of foreign passports having a valid Schengen, other member states, UK, United States and Australia. Any tourist stay longer than 90 days or for business purposes requires a visa.

For those who may be dual nationals, it is also important to use the same passport when you enter and exit Serbia.

Luckily, times have changed and for the time being, this is no longer the case. Officials will just over-stamp your Kosovo visa with a "cancelled" stamp. But whatever you do, don't try to outthink the Serbian border officials. Entering Serbia through Kosovo without a Serbian entry stamp is considered as an illegal entry and can be met with stiff penalties.

Likewise, leaving Serbia via Kosovo is not considered legally leaving the country, so you run the risk of being charged with overstaying your entry permit."

"Getting Through Customs

Every country has its tough custom officers Serbia has it's own set of rules to test the traveller

Products are usually fine, But travellers are required to declare on arrival valuables (such as lap top computers, cameras, and jewellery) with a value of 10,000 Euros or more and obtain a declaration from customs officials. This declaration form is required on departure from the country. Failure to comply may result in the confiscation of valuables.

You can now bring an unlimited sum of foreign currency into Serbia, but be aware that you can only take up to 10,000 EUR out of the country."

So it's not really about customs is it ;-) ......It's about keeping those Kosonovians out :D .......

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-20 12:59 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-20 11:34 AM

Fast Pat - 2019-02-20 11:23 AM

It wasn't just "us" warning them that Brexit would finish the UK manufacturing, the only economist that supported their wild statements, Brexit’s lead economist Prof Patrick Minford on UK car industry:

“You are going to have to run it down ... in the same way we ran down the coal industry and steel industry. These things happen.”

So that was due to Brexit to? (lol) .............

When are you going to start blaming the "enclosures act" on Brexit? :D ......

Interesting that you totally ignored the statement from the "Brexiters economist", stating what the effect would be on the car industries?

Its a statement of fact........The car industry is in a state of flux because it's dependent on soon to banned out dated technology ;-) ..........

Not because of Brexit *-) .........

Do try and keep up Slow Pat :D .........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-20 12:46 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-20 7:19 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-02-19 11:15 PM

The Japanese culture when it comes to decision making is extremely diplomatic.

How is a company that is 75% reliant on components from the EU which will also be hit by WTO tariffs of 10% on cars and 4.5% on components not going to be impacted by Brexit? Yeah sure Brexit had nothing to do with it. *-)

So why aren't they moving it to the EU?..........and why are they closing their Turkish factory? ;-) .........

Nice try Barry but your Remoaner biased argument is complete TOSH *-) .........

Except it's not "tosh" as this has been explained to you numerous times by myself and others on here until we're blue in the face. You seem to be up to your old trick of being disingenuous and obtuse purely for the sake of arguing as i cannot believe anyone could be so thick not to be able to understand a few basics which really are quite simple. In fact a Honda employee summed it up in a few words on the news this morning.

Japan have fta's signed with the EU which UK are about to lose. Honda's biggest market is Europe. Like Dyson they're planning to build an all electric car. Why would you stay in a country which wants to cut itself off and sever ties with the very market you need access to for JIT supplies and sales?

I'll make that even easier for you.

Why has Dyson chose to build his car in Singapore and not UK? And no it's not "cheap labour" either as their average wage for skilled workers is pretty high. Also they have lot's of highly qualified IT and electronics workers. https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/average-salary-2018-singapore-median-income-employment-10979844

So why aren't they moving to the EU? *-) ..........

Because now they can make them in Japan and ship em to the EU tariff free........

Damn you're turning being thick into a art form >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-02-20 4:36 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-20 4:01 PM

So it's not really about customs is it ;-) ......It's about keeping those Kosonovians out :D .......

No Dave it's not (bib) so you wasted your time copy 'n pasting off a link i'd already posted. If you'd spent time in any of those countries you'd realise what a load of crap you're talking which you've based on nothing but pure supposition and wild conjecture from a conflict which ended 20 years ago. Understandable given that some British still believe it's a "war zone". *-)

Serbs, Kosovars and Bosnians move relatively freely between borders though all pass the exact same checks as what i go through. Bosnia customs control is a bit overbearing but Serbian officers are courteous and friendly, some speak English though not many. The only 'obscurity' is you can't enter central Serbia from Kosovo and have to use another though that was ok for me as i was heading in the opposite direction toward Macedonia.

The police registration for foreigners is a nonsense. Even when i first toured there six years ago registration wasn't required. It's probably done electronically at point of entry anyway, they aren't daft. It's also a nonsense about Serbia not recognising Montenegro or Albanian passport stamps as i have both in mine and been in Serbia three times now, the first time entering from Montenegro as i was touring in the opposite direction.

pelmetman - 2019-02-20 4:44 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-20 12:46 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-20 7:19 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-02-19 11:15 PM

The Japanese culture when it comes to decision making is extremely diplomatic.

How is a company that is 75% reliant on components from the EU which will also be hit by WTO tariffs of 10% on cars and 4.5% on components not going to be impacted by Brexit? Yeah sure Brexit had nothing to do with it. *-)

So why aren't they moving it to the EU?..........and why are they closing their Turkish factory? ;-) .........

Nice try Barry but your Remoaner biased argument is complete TOSH *-) .........

Except it's not "tosh" as this has been explained to you numerous times by myself and others on here until we're blue in the face. You seem to be up to your old trick of being disingenuous and obtuse purely for the sake of arguing as i cannot believe anyone could be so thick not to be able to understand a few basics which really are quite simple. In fact a Honda employee summed it up in a few words on the news this morning.

Japan have fta's signed with the EU which UK are about to lose. Honda's biggest market is Europe. Like Dyson they're planning to build an all electric car. Why would you stay in a country which wants to cut itself off and sever ties with the very market you need access to for JIT supplies and sales?

I'll make that even easier for you.

Why has Dyson chose to build his car in Singapore and not UK? And no it's not "cheap labour" either as their average wage for skilled workers is pretty high. Also they have lot's of highly qualified IT and electronics workers. https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/average-salary-2018-singapore-median-income-employment-10979844

So why aren't they moving to the EU? *-) ..........

Because now they can make them in Japan and ship em to the EU tariff free........

You've just answered your own question! *-)

It's what enabled UK to have a thriving car industry for years which now lies in tatters....and for what...oh yeah, blue passports. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-20 5:44 PM

It's what enabled UK to have a thriving car industry for years which now lies in tatters....and for what...oh yeah, blue passports. *-)

Nope I've just explained why Honda aren't shutting because of Brexit *-) ........

They're shutting because the EU has signed a FTA with Japan so they no longer need to make vehicles in the EU >:-) ..........

So its further proof the EU is out to screw the UK *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-02-20 5:53 PM

1) Nope I've just explained why Honda aren't shutting because of Brexit *-) ........

2) They're shutting because the EU has signed a FTA with Japan so they no longer need to make vehicles in the EU >:-) ..........

3) So its further proof the EU is out to screw the UK *-) ..........

1) Nobody has said "it's because of Brexit"....period, but the uncertainty Brexit has brought has been a contributing factor and only a fool would attempt to deny that. However Honda workers are in no doubt......will you be going to stand outside the factory telling them it's "nothing to do with Brexit"? Nope....thought you wouldn't.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/18/workers-blame-brexit-for-demise-of-hondas-swindon-plant

2) How many posts have you been told about FTA's now? And remember, this is what Brexit has chucked down the pan. Cutting ones nose to spite face.

3) Not at all. Brexit is doing a sterling job of screwing up the UK as most of us have been telling you over the past three years.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-20 6:48 PM

1) Nope I've just explained why Honda aren't shutting because of Brexit *-) ........

2) They're shutting because the EU has signed a FTA with Japan so they no longer need to make vehicles in the EU >:-) ..........

1) Nobody has said "it's because of Brexit"....period, but the uncertainty Brexit has brought has been a contributing factor and only a fool would attempt to deny that. However Honda workers are in no doubt......will you be going to stand outside the factory telling them it's "nothing to do with Brexit"? Nope....thought you wouldn't.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/18/workers-blame-brexit-for-demise-of-hondas-swindon-plant

2) How many posts have you been told about FTA's now? And remember, this is what Brexit has chucked down the pan. Cutting ones nose to spite face.

3) Not at all. Brexit is doing a sterling job of screwing up the UK as most of us have been telling you over the past three years.

Chucked down the pan???? *-) ...........

Its the EU's FTA with Japan that has screwed the Honda workers FFS! ........

Look at where the Japanese car factories are in the EU..........The UK, Poland and Turkey >:-) .......

The EU doesn't give a sh*t about the UK........It never has ......... the sooner we leave the back stabbing b*stards the better in my book B-) ............

pelmetman - 2019-02-20 5:53 PM...……………..They're shutting because the EU has signed a FTA with Japan so they no longer need to make vehicles in the EU >:-) ..........

Dave, the EU Japan negotiations began in 2013! Guess who has been a party to those negotiations since 2013? Did you hear the UK government threatening to veto the deal because of its potential downside for Swindon? So the UK government was out to screw the UK? Really? You don't arf talk cobblers sometimes! :-D

pelmetman - 2019-02-20 7:33 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-20 6:48 PM

Chucked down the pan???? *-) ...........

Yes.

Its the EU's FTA with Japan that has screwed the Honda workers FFS! ........

Errrm......wrong. You're forgetting or ignoring the fact UK had FTA's with EU but now [because of Brexit] chose to forfeit those in pursuit of errr....blue passports. *-) As i've mentioned before, the EU is a very big business market and only the most naive of fools would choose to slam the door.

Look at where the Japanese car factories are in the EU..........The UK, Poland and Turkey >:-) .......

Honda is going in two years time and Toyota and Nissan will likely follow putting even more people out of work. They have a business to run and they cannot do that in UK under Brexit. Government were warned but didn't listen.

The EU doesn't give a sh*t about the UK........It never has ......... the sooner we leave the back stabbing b*stards the better in my book B-) ............

UK is the country leaving.....not EU which has the interest of 27 other countries to look after and get on with business. You're miffed because they haven't rolled over and given you everything you wanted like you were led to believe would happen. You'd do better directing your rage and fury at the main protagonists that lit the Brexit bonfire, then promptly ran away.....Johnson, Gove, Farage, Carswell and Hannan. They have a lot to answer for.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-02-20 8:28 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-20 5:53 PM...……………..They're shutting because the EU has signed a FTA with Japan so they no longer need to make vehicles in the EU >:-) ..........

Dave, the EU Japan negotiations began in 2013! Guess who has been a party to those negotiations since 2013? Did you hear the UK government threatening to veto the deal because of its potential downside for Swindon? So the UK government was out to screw the UK? Really? You don't arf talk cobblers sometimes! :-D

Seeing as we voted leave in 2016 and the EU agreed the deal in 2017 I doubt they gave a toss what the UK thought *-) ............

They never have before >:-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-20 8:33 PM

Honda is going in two years time and Toyota and Nissan will likely follow putting even more people out of work. They have a business to run and they cannot do that in UK under Brexit. Government were warned but didn't listen.

Yeah..... Bullet like they would stay if we stayed *-) ...........

I assume its just a coincidence that Japan's FTA came into force on the 1st of Feb, and 10 days later Honda say they're packing their bags ;-) ...........

1......Yes they have *-) ........Customs was never a issue with the IRA! (lol) .......

…………………...........

Dave, I am simply and totally lost in where you're going with this, or even where you're coming from!

What on earth does 1 above mean? The sentence makes absolutely no sense.

What has the IRA to do with customs?

I don't think you know what "normal" land borders are like.

Part of the reason folk gave for voting for Brexit was "control of our borders". How do you control a border that exists only on a map? At present, it is wide open: anyone and anything, can pass between Ireland and Northern Ireland and, having done that, travel across the Irish Sea to enter Great Britain. Some control, don't you think? Is that what you are now advocating?

What on earth does 2 above mean? Again, it makes absolutely no sense. What are you trying to say?

And beyond that, what is the relevance of the border between Kosovo and Serbia (both non-EU states) to the border between NI and Ireland - (both, at present, EU states).

Whether Kosovo and Serbia decide to manage their joint border by moving it a bit here and there is only of interest to the EU because both states have applied for EU membership, and the EU is cautioning them not to re-ignite the war that broke out when Yugoslavia broke up, because that would prejudice any hope they have of being admitted. Why don't you read your links?

That is all that is of interest: it has no similarity, resemblance, or relevance, whatever, to the NI/Ireland border.

I'll attach a couple of pictures from Google Earth to help explain.

First, a minor road crossing the Irish/Northern Irish border near Ballybinaby. The yellow line is the border which, at this point, also goes through someone's farm buildings.

The other is of a road crossing the Bulgaria (EU)/Serbia (non-EU) border (i.e. the external border of the EU, which the Ballybinaby border crossing will become if we Brexit). Again, the yellow line is the border. The buildings are the customs and immigration installations for the two states.

Now consider how to reproduce the Bulgaria - Serbia border configuration at Ballybinaby - but with no installations. Then, consider how to reproduce the Bulgaria - Serbia border at the 269 or so additional road crossing points along the 310 mile length of the Irish/Northern Irish border.

Alternatively, ask you mate Rees-Mogg how he would do it? I don't mind of you send him the pictures, honest. :-D

Ballybinaby-web.jpg.05343b4c074d591ab3f96334b8e7ec0a.jpg

1515292198_Bulgaria-Serbiaweb.jpg.a4c094682e3c34860d8a15f9da0e9aaa.jpg

pelmetman - 2019-02-20 9:34 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-02-20 8:28 PM

Seeing as we voted leave in 2016 and the EU agreed the deal in 2017 I doubt they gave a toss what the UK thought *-) ............

They never have before >:-) ........

Blimey Dave, this really is difficult! The UK, as a member state of the EU, was a party to those negotiations, just as the other 27 were. If we collectively negotiated and agreed that agreement with Japan, how can it be the work of the EU to spite the UK. We are the flaming EU, for Gawd's sake. You need to stop imagining what might have happened, and look at what actually happened.

pelmetman - 2019-02-20 9:42 PM

I assume its just a coincidence that Japan's FTA came into force on the 1st of Feb, and 10 days later Honda say they're packing their bags ;-) ...........

Given Honda first imported cars back in the 70's then built engines for BL in the early 80's which knocked our builds into a cocked hat and pretty much paved the way for how mass produced engines should and could be built, before setting up a full production car plant for the Accord and Civic in the early 90's, there's no reason they wouldn't have stayed.

After all, seamless JIT flow and delivery of parts and FTA's is necessary for any mass production to function and they had all that which worked perfectly for years.......but you voted to put an end to it effectively switching the production line off. Like most Brexiteers you never thought any of this through at all did you?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-02-20 9:59 PM

…………………...........

Dave, I am simply and totally lost in where you're going with this, or even where you're coming from!

What on earth does 1 above mean? The sentence makes absolutely no sense.

What has the IRA to do with customs?

I don't think you know what "normal" land borders are like.

Part of the reason folk gave for voting for Brexit was "control of our borders". How do you control a border that exists only on a map? At present, it is wide open: anyone and anything, can pass between Ireland and Northern Ireland and, having done that, travel across the Irish Sea to enter Great Britain. Some control, don't you think? Is that what you are now advocating?

What on earth does 2 above mean? Again, it makes absolutely no sense. What are you trying to say?

1.........."A Local Border Traffic RegimeSearch for available translations of the preceding has been established for border residents who frequently need to cross the external borders of the Union. It enables EU States to conclude bilateral agreements with their neighbouring non-EU countries so that the border residents can travel back and forth without a Schengen visa and, therefore, without any impediment to trade, social and cultural interchange in the region concerned."

As you can see the EU already has rules in place for such borders *-) ........

They also concede that states can make bilateral agreements >:-) ..........

2..........The GFA had b*gger all to do with customs, it was about freedom of movement between neighboring nations :-| ..........

Could someone please explain to the bullet man that motor vehicles are manufactured in other Far East countries than just Japan. *-) His world seems to only extend as far as Eastern Europe. We know that by his constant reference to his border crossing adventures in that region. It certainly left a big impression on him. :D

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-20 10:52 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-20 9:42 PM

Given Honda first imported cars back in the 70's then built engines for BL in the early 80's which knocked our builds into a cocked hat and pretty much paved the way for how mass produced engines should and could be built, before setting up a full production car plant for the Accord and Civic in the early 90's, there's no reason they wouldn't have stayed.

After all, seamless JIT flow and delivery of parts and FTA's is necessary for any mass production to function and they had all that which worked perfectly for years.......but you voted to put an end to it effectively switching the production line off. Like most Brexiteers you never thought any of this through at all did you?

Given that Honda set up in the UK to avoid tariffs.... it was pretty bleedin obvious that once they did a FTA with the EU aka Germany they wouldn't need them *-) ..........and its pretty bleedin obvious which country has the most to gain from it!...........

So that's just further proof that the EU is run for the benefit of Germany >:-) ............

Although I doubt the Japanese will be gullible enough to chose a unreliable BMW over a reliable Toyota (lol) ...........

Guest pelmetman
747 - 2019-02-21 8:36 AM

Could someone please explain to the bullet man that motor vehicles are manufactured in other Far East countries than just Japan. *-) His world seems to only extend as far as Eastern Europe. We know that by his constant reference to his border crossing adventures in that region. It certainly left a big impression on him. :D

That's where he feels at home....... amongst all his ex Communist buddies, talking of the old days in the Gulag (lol) .........

His favourite country is Right Wing Poland (lol) .........

Archived