Honda takes back control

Fast Pat

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-27 3:26 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 2:55 PM

Did I? 8-) .............I never knew my X was so powerful :D ........

Still no sign of any new Honda models being produced in Turkey? :-S ........

That's because the current model production doesnt stop until 2021/2.

Like in the UK ;-) .........

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bulletguy - 2019-02-27 2:00 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 10:23 AM

Fast Pat - 2019-02-27 10:17 AM

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 10:09 AM

So like I said ;-) ...........They're making FECK ALL, and you're just guessing what they'll do *-) .........

My guess is they'll use it as parking for all those cars they'll be MAKING IN JAPAN >:-) .........

No ferry into the EU required from there :D .......

Really?

They state categorically they are SHUTTING the Swindon plant and go out of their way to state that "Honda also said it will stop making the current Civic Sedan model in Turkey but will continue business operations in the country. Honda President Takahiro Hachigo said in a news conference Tuesday that the company "will continue to hold constructive dialogue with Turkish stakeholders during this period."

They will also need a (small) car park in the UK for the imports from Japan and Turkey, but they didn't say they would "continue business operations in the country" did they?

Have they stated that they're going to build anything in Turkey?..........Nope >:-) ........

Besides what does dialogue mean? ;-) ...........

Deciding who's going to get the jobs as parking attendants :D .......

Why are you concerned what any company does anyway? You got the Swindon plant permanently CLOSED DOWN with the loss of 7000+ jobs you've openly said you don't care about, so why the sudden 'concern' over what a company does in another country? Businesses need bi-lateral agreements in place to function properly, agreements UK had, but with Brexit you've deprived them of that so it's only logical they will go where they can continue to produce and market.

Did I? 8-) .............

Yes.....even a Leave voter from Honda finally admitted it. You've put thousands of people out of work and cannot deny that.

A Leave voter, Jemma concedes that political uncertainty has played a part in the plant’s demise, despite Honda’s protestations to the contrary.

“I think you’d be stupid to say it [brexit] hasn’t been a factor.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-27 7:00 PM

So like I said ;-) ...........They're making FECK ALL, and you're just guessing what they'll do *-) .........

My guess is they'll use it as parking for all those cars they'll be MAKING IN JAPAN >:-) .........

Really?

They state categorically they are SHUTTING the Swindon plant and go out of their way to state that "Honda also said it will stop making the current Civic Sedan model in Turkey but will continue business operations in the country. Honda President Takahiro Hachigo said in a news conference Tuesday that the company "will continue to hold constructive dialogue with Turkish stakeholders during this period."

They will also need a (small) car park in the UK for the imports from Japan and Turkey, but they didn't say they would "continue business operations in the country" did they?

Have they stated that they're going to build anything in Turkey?..........Nope >:-) ........

Why are you concerned what any company does anyway? You got the Swindon plant permanently CLOSED DOWN with the loss of 7000+ jobs you've openly said you don't care about, so why the sudden 'concern' over what a company does in another country? Businesses need bi-lateral agreements in place to function properly, agreements UK had, but with Brexit you've deprived them of that so it's only logical they will go where they can continue to produce and market.

Did I? 8-) .............

Yes.....even a Leave voter from Honda finally admitted it. You've put thousands of people out of work and cannot deny that.

A Leave voter, Jemma concedes that political uncertainty has played a part in the plant’s demise, despite Honda’s protestations to the contrary.

Blimey Bullet :D ..........

When the forum Oscars are being awarded for prize Remoaner T*aT .......

You are deffo a front runner >:-) .......

Get yer frock out (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 8:32 PM

Really?

Did I? 8-) .............

This answers the irrefutable facts you cannot deny any longer.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-27 8:40 PM

Really?

Did I? 8-) .............

Damn your thick Bullet :D ...........Did they use you to see far they penetrated? :-S ........

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 8:48 PM

Really?

Did I? 8-) .............

Damn your thick Bullet :D ...........Did they use you to see far they penetrated? :-S ........

Good to see you finally admitting your voting put thousands of people out of work....i expect you're pleased with yourself over that.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-27 9:12 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 8:48 PM

Really?

Did I? 8-) .............

Good to see you finally admitting your voting put thousands of people out of work....i expect you're pleased with yourself over that.

Just spotted a typo ;-) .......

I meant to post..........."Did they use you to see "how" far they penetrated" ;-) .....

I guess you were somewhere between Oak and lead density wise >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-03-04 2:16 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-03-04 2:11 PM

Honda reveals it had plans to make electric cars in Swindon before plant closure

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17471496.honda-reveals-it-had-plans-to-make-electric-cars-in-swindon-before-plant-closure/

So are they going to build it in the EU? ;-) ...........Nope.......Japan *-) ........

Or Turkey....

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-03-04 2:18 PM

Honda reveals it had plans to make electric cars in Swindon before plant closure

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17471496.honda-reveals-it-had-plans-to-make-electric-cars-in-swindon-before-plant-closure/

So are they going to build it in the EU? ;-) ...........Nope.......Japan *-) ........

Or Turkey....

Nope ;-) ..........

"The car manufacturer recently released the first details of the Honda-e hatchback which, if the move still goes ahead, will be built in Japan from 2021."

Or Turkey....

Could do as they've retained facilities there, unlike UK.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-04 3:40 PM

Or Turkey....

Dontcha think they'd have said so by now? ;-) ...........

All they've retained is somewhere cheap to park their "made in Japan" motors :D .........

pelmetman - 2019-03-05 8:39 AM

All they've retained is somewhere cheap to park their "made in Japan" motors :D .........

Why would they make an announcement now and antagonise UK customers? They can get a further three years of sales here and let the dust settle on Swindon before they need to announce what is going to be built at the plant they are retaining in Turkey.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-03-05 8:52 AM

Why would they make an announcement now and antagonise UK customers? They can get a further three years of sales here and let the dust settle on Swindon before they need to announce what is going to be built at the plant they are retaining in Turkey.

Fancy a bet? :D .......

"In the early 2020s, Toyota and Panasonic will look to launch mass production of batteries with 50 times the capacity of those now used in hybrid vehicles, aiming to bring down production costs through higher volume.

The plan is to supply to Mazda Motor, a Toyota partner on electric car technology, as well as Toyota subsidiary Daihatsu Motor and Subaru. The joint venture will encourage Honda Motor, which uses Panasonic batteries in hybrid vehicles, to adopt the new cells."

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Business-deals/Toyota-and-Panasonic-to-build-electric-car-batteries-together

Bulletguy - 2019-03-04 3:40 PM

Or Turkey....

No need to. With their EU trade agreements they've got the frictionless movement of parts vital to production and access to a vast market. Same as UK would still have had but you voted to throw down the pan.

The gift that keeps on giving:

Sky News understands the Japanese carmaker Nissan is considering plans to cut back production line shifts at its Sunderland plant which could threaten 400 jobs

And BMW and Toyota https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/mar/05/bmw-mini-cowley-no-deal-brexit-toyota?CMP=fb_gu&fbclid=IwAR0aI_s8h7EebfYNnY6XDSmepGNjkbAqNkN7XoEJsbQnm_gAeuVLYzvEFl0

Fast Pat - 2019-03-05 4:52 PM

The gift that keeps on giving:

Sky News understands the Japanese carmaker Nissan is considering plans to cut back production line shifts at its Sunderland plant which could threaten 400 jobs

And BMW and Toyota https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/mar/05/bmw-mini-cowley-no-deal-brexit-toyota?CMP=fb_gu&fbclid=IwAR0aI_s8h7EebfYNnY6XDSmepGNjkbAqNkN7XoEJsbQnm_gAeuVLYzvEFl0

Yes i just opened a thread on BMW and Toyota....in total there's 11,200 jobs at risk if we lose frictionless tariff free trade between Europe and UK.

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/More-jobs-now-at-risk-over-Brexit/51493/

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-03-05 5:24 PM

Pre-emptive strike,

Ooooh that's pretty Cow Pat :D ...........

Did you download that from your favourite Remoaner graphic Porn site? (lol) ..........

Archived