Honda takes back control

Fast Pat

pelmetman - 2019-02-24 8:59 AM

Correct......They know they now have a FTA with the EU so they no longer have any reason to have tariff dodging factories in the EU ;-) .........

Kinda proves the folly of relying on foreign firms for jobs does it not? *-) .........

FFS and we would be part of that FTA that allowed our "tariff dodging factories" to exist. Are you really that thick?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-24 6:48 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-24 8:59 AM

Correct......They know they now have a FTA with the EU so they no longer have any reason to have tariff dodging factories in the EU ;-) .........

Kinda proves the folly of relying on foreign firms for jobs does it not? *-) .........

FFS and we would be part of that FTA that allowed our "tariff dodging factories" to exist. Are you really that thick?

(lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Yep your deffo a nut job :D ........

Are you the latest reincarnation of John52 or what ever his/your name is/was? :-S ........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-24 9:12 PM

Still waiting for you to show any company that's relocated to UK "because of Brexit".....you've gone very quiet on this haven't you?

Well seeing as you cant name a single UK company out of the 250 you claim are leaving the UK because of Brexit.......what's the point? >:-) ...........

Besides companies like Channel are locating their global HQ's here B-) ...........

Rather than in some European backwater >:-) ...........

Plus the fact that we have 5.7 million businesses in the UK with a annual churn rate (ie opening and closing) of hundreds of thousands...... kinda makes your 250 imaginary businesses look a bit pathetic (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2019-02-25 8:24 AM

Still waiting for you to show any company that's relocated to UK "because of Brexit".....you've gone very quiet on this haven't you?

Well seeing as you cant name a single UK company out of the 250 you claim are leaving the UK because of Brexit.......what's the point? >:-) ...........

I'm sick of you taking this around in circles purely because you cannot name any companies moving to UK "because of Brexit". I linked you to a page full over a week ago but you flatly refuse to read any of them. You're in a permanent state of denial.

Chanel stated their reason to use London for their HQ as, "we wanted to simplify the structure of the business and London is the most appropriate place with spending on luxury goods by affluent London households". So not "because of Brexit" at all.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-25 3:55 PM

I'm sick of you taking this around in circles purely because you cannot name any companies moving to UK "because of Brexit". I linked you to a page full over a week ago but you flatly refuse to read any of them. You're in a permanent state of denial.

Chanel stated their reason to use London for their HQ as, "we wanted to simplify the structure of the business and London is the most appropriate place with spending on luxury goods by affluent London households". So not "because of Brexit" at all.

So you still cant name a single UK company that is relocating to the EU because of Brexit can you? >:-) .......

Guest pelmetman

BTW ........Is Honda closing their Turkish factory because of Brexit? >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-02-26 8:19 AM

BTW ........Is Honda closing their Turkish factory because of Brexit? >:-) ..........

No, because as we have already shown to you IN THIS THREAD they're not closing the Turkey plant, they are stopping production of the current model. I know it's difficult at your age but do try to keep up.

So you still cant name a single UK company that is relocating to the EU because of Brexit can you? >:-) ......

Unlike you who has consistently been unable to show any companies relocating to UK "because of Brexit"....i gave you a list of links days ago concerning companies leaving UK due to Brexit but you refuse to READ any and just regurgitating the same old permanent denial.

Fast Pat - 2019-02-26 8:47 AM

No, because as we have already shown to you IN THIS THREAD they're not closing the Turkey plant, they are stopping production of the current model. I know it's difficult at your age but do try to keep up.

He's always struggled with basic comprehension.

Guest pelmetman

So how is stopping vehicle production in Turkey........different to stopping vehicle production in the UK? >:-) ..........

Do they produce any other models in Turkey? (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-26 2:46 PM

So you still cant name a single UK company that is relocating to the EU because of Brexit can you? >:-) ......

Unlike you who has consistently been unable to show any companies relocating to UK "because of Brexit"....i gave you a list of links days ago concerning companies leaving UK due to Brexit but you refuse to READ any and just regurgitating the same old permanent denial.

He's always struggled with basic comprehension.

Perhaps you can explain the difference between stopping production in the UK .......and stopping production in Turkey?.............

Because my comprehension is that they're BOTH stopping making cars :-S .........

Perhaps you would like to explain the difference? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-02-26 4:22 PM

Perhaps you can explain the difference between stopping production in the UK .......and stopping production in Turkey?.............

Because my comprehension is that they're BOTH stopping making cars :-S .........

From page 3 https://www.dailysabah.com/automotive/2019/02/18/honda-to-close-uk-car-plant-but-maintain-turkey-operations

Close vs maintain operations. Do you need a picture Curtainmuncher?

Fast Pat - 2019-02-26 5:11 PM

From page 3 https://www.dailysabah.com/automotive/2019/02/18/honda-to-close-uk-car-plant-but-maintain-turkey-operations

He's more familiar with looking at the Beano so pictures with word bubbles helps. ;-)

Guest pelmetman

What does maintain operations mean? >:-) .........

It doesn't mean making cars that's for sure >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-02-26 6:51 PM

Jeez Pelmet read the damn link FGS. *-)

Swindon is shutting down in it's entirety. Everyone finished, doors closed, nobody employed there after 2021. End of.

Their factory in Turkey is ceasing build of the Civic but not shutting down. They are 'continuing business operations'. They aren't continuing anything at Swindon.

A little boy who might have become a third-generation Honda worker is about to fire up a car ride in a Swindon shopping centre.

His grandmother is married to a manager at one of Honda’s nearby suppliers. Her 23-year-old son works at the plant, based on a former airfield north-east of the town. She is shaken by news that the Japanese giant is pulling out and keen to emphasise that many more than 3,500 jobs – those employed by Honda – are at stake.

“That’s just wrong. It’s so many more than that. Times it by four, more even, that’s what’s starting to sink in. It’s seat belts, seats, dashboards. Cafes that serve workers. People that rent houses to workers. [For them, the closure] it’s all going to backfire,” says Jemma.

Be it in the town centre, or on the number seven bus from there to Stratton, near the plant, it seems there isn’t a person in Swindon or its satellites unconnected to the workforce of either Honda’s operation, or wider supply chain, in some way.

A Leave voter, Jemma concedes that political uncertainty has played a part in the plant’s demise, despite Honda’s protestations to the contrary.

“I think you’d be stupid to say it [brexit] hasn’t been a factor. But so has the [Japan] trade deal with the EU. That’s business sense [moving production due to tariffs removals, new emissions rules hitting sales], and you can’t blame them.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/02/23/hondas-swindon-car-crisis-much-3500-jobs/

A Swindon local;

You can make up your own mind about why our Japanese friends have now decided to leave.

Britain refusing the opportunity to lead the development and delivery of the next generation of (electric) cars is obviously part of it.

But I can’t help thinking potential partners are also sensing the changing attitude towards supposed ‘outsiders’ that is coming over Britain, even if it might be longer before this poison overcomes Swindon.

When I told my friend, via social media, about derogatory and disrespectful comments I had already picked up about Japanese people, she asked me to remove references to what had been said.

“My Japanese friends would be really upset to find they are the target of racists,” she said.

Just as disappointing were those whose attitude has been: “Never mind. As one door closes, another one opens.”

This dangerously overlooks the fact that doors don’t usually close on their own.

If you want to learn anything from Swindon’s history and find a reason for our current prosperity plus our only hope for the future, remember this: until recently, our door was always open.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17460404.honda-closing-i-frankly-couldnt-trust-myself-to-keep-my-anger-under-control-said-graham-carter/

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-26 8:19 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-26 6:51 PM

Jeez Pelmet read the damn link FGS. *-)

Swindon is shutting down in it's entirety. Everyone finished, doors closed, nobody employed there after 2021. End of.

Their factory in Turkey is ceasing build of the Civic but not shutting down. They are 'continuing business operations'. They aren't continuing anything at Swindon.

So what are they going to be making in Turkey? ;-) ...........

I'll tell you what they'll be making ......FECK ALL!...... like in Swindon, because they no longer need to make anything in the EU due to the FTA signed by the EU for the benefit of the German car industry >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 8:07 AM

I'll tell you what they'll be making ......FECK ALL!...... like in Swindon, because they no longer need to make anything in the EU due to the FTA signed by the EU for the benefit of the German car industry >:-) .......

What they will make in Turkey is the probably the model that would have been built in Swindon. Now obviously if they said this when they announced the closure of the Swindon plant there would have been a backlash against Honda but over the course of the next few years expect to see a quiet announcement - that's what they meany by "continuing business in Turkey".

The reason they'll do this is because since 1970 Turkey has had a bilateral trade agreement with the EU - a Customs Union. It will be easier and cheaper than shipping cars from Japan. Turkey is now the EU’s fifth trading partner which amounts to around 4% of total EU foreign trade. The EU is Turkey’s largest market with a share of 40.6% in Turkey’s global trade, a number similar to that of the UK exports in goods and services to the EU.

Interestingly both Turkey and the UK will lose duty-free access to each other’s markets post-Brexit since the UK will no longer be part of the EU-Turkey BPTF, unless and until the UK negotiates such access, with the EU or through a separate arrangement with Turkey.

More winning...

and blue passports

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-27 8:50 AM

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 8:07 AM

What they will make in Turkey is the probably the model that would have been built in Swindon. Now obviously if they said this when they announced the closure of the Swindon plant there would have been a backlash against Honda but over the course of the next few years expect to see a quiet announcement - that's what they meany by "continuing business in Turkey".

The reason they'll do this is because since 1970 Turkey has had a bilateral trade agreement with the EU - a Customs Union. It will be easier and cheaper than shipping cars from Japan. Turkey is now the EU’s fifth trading partner which amounts to around 4% of total EU foreign trade. The EU is Turkey’s largest market with a share of 40.6% in Turkey’s global trade, a number similar to that of the UK exports in goods and services to the EU.

Interestingly both Turkey and the UK will lose duty-free access to each other’s markets post-Brexit since the UK will no longer be part of the EU-Turkey BPTF, unless and until the UK negotiates such access, with the EU or through a separate arrangement with Turkey.

More winning...

and blue passports

So like I said ;-) ...........They're making FECK ALL, and you're just guessing what they'll do *-) .........

My guess is they'll use it as parking for all those cars they'll be MAKING IN JAPAN >:-) .........

No ferry into the EU required from there :D .......

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 10:09 AM

So like I said ;-) ...........They're making FECK ALL, and you're just guessing what they'll do *-) .........

My guess is they'll use it as parking for all those cars they'll be MAKING IN JAPAN >:-) .........

Really?

They state categorically they are SHUTTING the Swindon plant and go out of their way to state that "Honda also said it will stop making the current Civic Sedan model in Turkey but will continue business operations in the country. Honda President Takahiro Hachigo said in a news conference Tuesday that the company "will continue to hold constructive dialogue with Turkish stakeholders during this period."

They will also need a (small) car park in the UK for the imports from Japan and Turkey, but they didn't say they would "continue business operations in the country" did they?

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-27 10:17 AM

Really?

They state categorically they are SHUTTING the Swindon plant and go out of their way to state that "Honda also said it will stop making the current Civic Sedan model in Turkey but will continue business operations in the country. Honda President Takahiro Hachigo said in a news conference Tuesday that the company "will continue to hold constructive dialogue with Turkish stakeholders during this period."

They will also need a (small) car park in the UK for the imports from Japan and Turkey, but they didn't say they would "continue business operations in the country" did they?

Have they stated that they're going to build anything in Turkey?..........Nope >:-) ........

Besides what does dialogue mean? ;-) ...........

Deciding who's going to get the jobs as parking attendants :D .......

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 10:23 AM

Really?

Have they stated that they're going to build anything in Turkey?..........Nope >:-) ........

Why are you concerned what any company does anyway? You got the Swindon plant permanently CLOSED DOWN with the loss of 7000+ jobs you've openly said you don't care about, so why the sudden 'concern' over what a company does in another country? Businesses need bi-lateral agreements in place to function properly, agreements UK had, but with Brexit you've deprived them of that so it's only logical they will go where they can continue to produce and market.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-27 2:00 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 10:23 AM

Really?

Why are you concerned what any company does anyway? You got the Swindon plant permanently CLOSED DOWN with the loss of 7000+ jobs you've openly said you don't care about, so why the sudden 'concern' over what a company does in another country? Businesses need bi-lateral agreements in place to function properly, agreements UK had, but with Brexit you've deprived them of that so it's only logical they will go where they can continue to produce and market.

Did I? 8-) .............I never knew my X was so powerful :D ........

Still no sign of any new Honda models being produced in Turkey? :-S ........

Archived