John52 - 2020-05-07 11:12 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-05-07 10:19 AM

John52 - 2020-05-06 11:09 PM

globebuster - 2020-05-06 10:45 PM

John52 - 2020-05-06 10:32 PM

I'll try again

It comes back to the same very simple question you can't answer

How do you think I am spreading the virus

What's that got to do with you breaking the law?

Your squirming, avoiding tactics don't work.

Show me where anyone has supported your lock-down wanderings on here - quite the opposite if I recall.

You have no defence for your actions, just pathetic deflections

So you can't say how I am spreading the virus.

you have given up on your assertion I am the only one to have used a camping toilet (which you would only have had to google)

And you can't say how I am breaking the law either

Got nothing left have you?

So try a few others

Just google self isolating in camper van / motorhome, see how many there are , and tell us how they are breaking the law

here is a few more to get you wound up ;-)

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/north-wales-dad-self-isolated-18008395

one in St Austell https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-51960646 :-D

youll like this one ;-)

Going walking in the wilds? Park the campervan at the start of the route the day before and get some peaceful sleep, far from towns and cities. Get up at first light to get going before everyone else. You could even be up a mountain and back before most people are up and about. But if you do meet anyone just keep 6ft (2m) apart to stay safe from any potential coronavirus infection. Most people won’t be climbing the hills and mountains unless they’re fit and well. When you get back to the camper, wash your hands, eat, sleep, repeat

https://www.sussexcampervans.com/coronavirus

John. You cannot compare those two stories with your situation. The first bloke thought he had the virus which he think he picked up in Africa so he self isolated in his camper in a field just 300 metres from his house to protect his young daughter. Thats a pretty selfless act actually. He wasnt on a jolly to the other end of the country.

The second two are full timers and by the sound of it had no choice. They may it says have to move in with their parents. You on the other hand have a home but "choose" to go on holiday to the other end of the country and it seems even "popped" into the Dales for good measure. (lucky you weren't shot).

If I were you I would have just kept quiet about it if you wanted to flout the rules. Nobody is supporting you in this, you just lost all respect really for someone who's opinions I often agreed with. your out of order on this one.

Well its a pleasant change to get a sensible reply on this forum, Thank You.

But the fact remains I am actually doing the same as many others, and no more a risk of spreading the virus than someone in a bricks and mortar building - less risk really as they are more crowded. The only risk is when I go out for exercise and essential shopping, the same as everyone else.

And I don't think I am breaking the law - if BoJo and the Duke of Cornwall weren't breaking the law when they took the virus to their second homes and all the servants who have to clean up after them, then there is no doubt I am not breaking the law.

I am certainly far less of a risk than either of them.

It just needs to apply a little common sense - something which I have found far more plentiful in people I have spoken to, than I have on this forum. :-S

Look, you cant really compare yourself to the PM or Prince Charles. They both got Coronavirus and I imagine it will have been a decision made for them where they ended up which will have included considerations for the safety of both them and the teams of people normally tasked with looking after them. You cant drive around thinking if its alright for them its alright for me.

On the Wild camping forum when this kicked off there was a handful of motorhomers that had the same idea as you. I think some were planning to and some actually were up in remote parts of Scotland. They were however very quickly chastised for doing so or thinking of doing so and rightly so really. Lets say hundreds or thousands of us decided to do the same and turn up at remote beauty spots pishing off the locals. You cant survive long in a motorhome without coming into contact with taps, waste disposal, requirement for food etc. If you break down then you need recovering so putting someone else at risk as you climb in the cab with them. If you get sick or injured your using up local resources to help you.

Just go home. Its the right thing to do.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2020-05-07 12:43 PM

Lets say hundreds or thousands of us decided to do the same and turn up at remote beauty spots pishing off the locals..

If they did I would move on to somewhere I could continue to self isolate

Confusing messages given out by officials is probably what caused the police to be 'inundated' (their word) by calls from Nimbys in those places.

But the police have now clarified that its OK to drive for exercise :-D

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-05-07 12:09 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-07 8:20 AM

jumpstart - 2020-05-07 7:20 AM

Instead of you all slagging each other off...are you doing the c-19 tracker app by Kings College Hospital.

If not ..Why not.

The Loser brigade on here wont ;-) .......

Because Cummings mate made it >:-) ........

Sad bitter Losers that they are *-) .......

You haven’t looked at it have you. Its got nothing to do with Cummings,nothing to do with the government ,

It is in association with a London Hospital. As you all profess to want to help the NHS there’s no reaso not to do it. Is there?

You're confusing me with the Loser brigade ;-) .........

I'll be more than happy to download :D .........

I just may need to borrow a 9 year old to show me how to do it 8-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-05-07 1:10 PM

jumpstart - 2020-05-07 12:09 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-07 8:20 AM

jumpstart - 2020-05-07 7:20 AM

Instead of you all slagging each other off...are you doing the c-19 tracker app by Kings College Hospital.

If not ..Why not.

The Loser brigade on here wont ;-) .......

Because Cummings mate made it >:-) ........

Sad bitter Losers that they are *-) .......

You haven’t looked at it have you. Its got nothing to do with Cummings,nothing to do with the government ,

It is in association with a London Hospital. As you all profess to want to help the NHS there’s no reaso not to do it. Is there?

You're confusing me with the Loser brigade ;-) .........

I'll be more than happy to download :D .........

I just may need to borrow a 9 year old to show me how to do it 8-) .........

It’s very simple ,it’s a web site. Really doesn’t take a minute and is very interesting looking at a visual graph of how the virus spead and is now reducing. They are looking for more people to join it. 3 million so far.

John52 - 2020-05-07 12:56 PM

Lets say hundreds or thousands of us decided to do the same and turn up at remote beauty spots pishing off the locals..

Confusing messages given out by officials is probably what caused the police to be 'inundated' (their word) by calls from Nimbys in those places.

But you don't need bloody to self isolate - unless you have the virus or symptoms - YOU should be at home

It has nothing to do with Nimbys, it's called playing your part within society.

What you have proved on here is that you have scant regard for anyone but yourself.

I'm afraid you have lost any credibility you thought you may have possessed with your actions.

Your constant feeble, relentless efforts to deflect from the core points being discussed - to somehow vindicate your actions just makes you look foolish, whilst you somehow see it fit gloat over those trying to do the right thing.

globebuster - 2020-05-07 6:49 PM

But you don't need bloody to self isolate - unless you have the virus or symptoms - YOU should be at home

What you have proved on here is that you have scant regard for anyone but yourself.

I'm afraid you have lost any credibility you thought you may have possessed with your actions.

Your constant feeble, relentless efforts to deflect from the core points being discussed - to somehow vindicate your actions just makes you look foolish, whilst you somehow see it fit gloat over those trying to do the right thing.

For the umpteenth time of telling you

I'm at home - motor-Home

And I never Gloat

I've seen how quickly fortunes can change

Interesting article in the FT

Points out there is one area where the British Government has out-performed the rest of Europe

- The lockdown

BoJo's 'Stay Home - Protect the NHS - Save Lives slogan has been extremely successful.

So successful people are scared to ever come out again.

You can see it on here where people are berating me for doing something harmless - just because they think it might be infringing his rule.

We can't stay on lockdown until a cure is found.

At some point we have to take a risk

So how will we persuade terrified people to leave home?

John52 - 2020-05-07 7:25 PM

I'm at home - motor-Home

And I never Gloat

You just can help yourself can you.....yet another crass comment.

I can add flippant to arrogant and thoughtless now.

Your credibility is shot and still you continue - your flagrant disregard seems to have no boundaries.

You just make yourself look dumber with every post.

You have absolutely no support for your actions.

Perhaps it would be better if you retired from the debate with just a smidgen of self-respect left - if nothing else.

Guest pelmetman
globebuster - 2020-05-07 8:28 PM

John52 - 2020-05-07 7:25 PM

I'm at home - motor-Home

And I never Gloat

You just can help yourself can you.....yet another crass comment.

I can add flippant to arrogant and thoughtless now.

Your credibility is shot and still you continue - your flagrant disregard seems to have no boundaries.

You just make yourself look dumber with every post.

You have absolutely no support for your actions.

Perhaps it would be better if you retired from the debate with just a smidgen of self-respect left - if nothing else.

It appears you have inherited the forums truely Mad Hatter 8-) .........

My apologies as I have neglected my care in the forums community responsibilities :D ........

Just keep feeding him anything on Boris or the Tories......and he'll keep chuntering away ;-) ......

He's like Bullet....... Chatterboxes pet plonkers >:-) ........

I take it from your invective, bluff and bluster you can't tell me how I am spreading the virus or breaking the law.

Which, admittedly, becomes more confusing by the day as mixed messages spew out from Downing Street. making policing the lockdown 'unworkable' according to some Chief Constables.

1161187866_mixedmessages.jpg.2bfcefe7ce8e09eeff7497bd05699ef1.jpg

John52 - 2020-05-08 7:04 AM

I take it from your invective, bluff and bluster you can't tell me how I am spreading the virus or breaking the law.

Which, admittedly, becomes more confusing by the day as mixed messages spew out from Downing Street. making policing the lockdown 'unworkable' according to some Chief Constables.

Instead of guessing like you normally do why not wait till Monday Hater

Birdbrain - 2020-05-08 7:14 AM

John52 - 2020-05-08 7:04 AM

Instead of guessing like you normally do why not wait till Monday Hater

What you on about *-)

“Now it is unpoliceable. You would have to stop so many legitimate people to find a few lawbreakers.

..... You can’t say we police by consent when the majority of the public no longer support you. You have to go with the flow.”

.....The chief constable added..... “Unless the PM puts in new guidance about social distancing, which he won’t, it’s gone as a policing issue”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/07/coronavirus-lockdown-could-be-unpoliceable-next-weekend-warn-chief-constables

Throughout the virus pandemic, the media, joined later by the newly reconfigured Labour opposition, have been pressing for a declaration from the Government of the plan for the next steps, so they could then start pressing for more detail, more "transparency", while the Government have been struggling with the practicalities of the immediate steps necessary to manage the outbreak and keep the deaths as low as possible. And the minute Boris lets slip, at PMQs, a hint that the next steps are within sight, they clamour for more detail and at the same time start criticising him for taking risks by sending out mixed messages. The media always project themselves as being the rightful challengers, no matter what damage they might be doing and what extra difficulties they are creating along the way.

Government spokesmen (and women) are maintaining their ultra-polite, non-challenging way of dealing with press and opposition with only the bare hint of biting back, for example when the Health Secretary suggested to a Labour MP, a working doctor who complained sharply about lack of PPE, by suggesting she moderated her "tone". He got some criticism in the media for even doing that. I am reminded of the extreme self-control we see the police having to exercise these days because they are always likely to be being filmed by someone.

Managing the Pandemic seems to require, above all, successful management of communication and fortunately, overall, I think the Government has been doing that quite well.

StuartO - 2020-05-08 7:32 AM

Throughout the virus pandemic, the media, joined later by the newly reconfigured Labour opposition, have been pressing for a declaration from the Government of the plan for the next steps, so they could then start pressing for more detail, more "transparency", while the Government have been struggling with the practicalities of the immediate steps necessary to manage the outbreak and keep the deaths as low as possible. And the minute Boris lets slip, at PMQs, a hint that the next steps are within sight, they clamour for more detail and at the same time start criticising him for taking risks by sending out mixed messages. The media always project themselves as being the rightful challengers, no matter what damage they might be doing and what extra difficulties they are creating along the way.

Government spokesmen (and women) are maintaining their ultra-polite, non-challenging way of dealing with press and opposition with only the bare hint of biting back, for example when the Health Secretary suggested to a Labour MP, a working doctor who complained sharply about lack of PPE, by suggesting she moderated her "tone". He got some criticism in the media for even doing that. I am reminded of the extreme self-control we see the police having to exercise these days because they are always likely to be being filmed by someone.

Managing the Pandemic seems to require, above all, successful management of communication and fortunately, overall, I think the Government has been doing that quite well.

Pesentation over content - its called 'Spin' and its the only thing BoJo's Government is really good at.

Unfortunately the skills required to climb the dirty greasy pole of politics are clearly not the skills required to run the country.

Their mixed messages shows they are completely out of their depth, and because most of the press is so slavish, it makes them totally complacent.

If you can tear yourself away from the spin spewed out at the Downing Street Press briefings, and the slavish Tory press, - take a look at what the rest of the world is saying.

Failing that, even the Daily Mail can't hide it all ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8295929/The-world-asks-did-Britain-wrong-coronavirus.html

John52 - 2020-05-08 7:38 AM

Pesentation over content - its called 'Spin' and its the only thing BoJo's Government is really good at.

Unfortunately the skills required to climb the dirty greasy pole of politics are clearly not the skills required to run the country.

Their mixed messages shows they are completely out of their depth, and because most of the press is so slavish, it makes them totally complacent.

If you can tear yourself away from the spin spewed out at the Downing Street Press briefings, and the slavish Tory press, - take a look at what the rest of the world is saying.

Failing that, even the Daily Mail can't hide it all ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8295929/The-world-asks-did-Britain-wrong-coronavirus.html

“The World asks”....no it didn’t...this is just the usual Mail Headline let’s make it juicy storey. There have been some articles but various countries have been questioned . There are a few countries that have done better but most are roughly the same. Just like the press making up stories about coming out of lockdown.

Government spokesmen (and women) are maintaining their ultra-polite, non-challenging way

The people who do us the most harm are invariably well dressed and well spoken.

They have to be to gain our trust.

Nobody is going to scam you out of your life savings if they show you their true colours first!!

jumpstart - 2020-05-08 7:59 AM

“The World asks”....no it didn’t...this is just the usual Mail Headline let’s make it juicy storey. There have been some articles but various countries have been questioned . There are a few countries that have done better but most are roughly the same. Just like the press making up stories about coming out of lockdown.

Yes thats why I suggested he look at the world press first

But thats a big ask for a Brexiteer who sees the EU as an enemy.

As a last resort, the Daily Mail

Even they can't hide the fact that, after starting out in the strongest position, Britain has the highest deaths even though the Government only counts about half of them (the increase in deaths this year over the average of previous years is about twice the Official figures, even after they have finally included care home deaths)

John52 - 2020-05-08 8:31 AM

Even they can't hide the fact that, after starting out in the strongest position, Britain has the highest deaths even though the Government only counts about half of them (the increase in deaths this year over the average of previous years is about twice the Official figures, even after they have finally included care home deaths)

But not the highest death rate. To be honest it’s a bit pointless arguing over figures that no one actually knows are correct.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-05-08 8:39 AM

John52 - 2020-05-08 8:31 AM

But not the highest death rate. To be honest it’s a bit pointless arguing over figures that no one actually knows are correct.

Correct ;-) .........

Current death rates per 100,000 of population

Belgium .......73

Spain............55.3

Italy..............49.1

UK...............45.2

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

But according to the EU media we have the worst death rates *-) ...........

It appears Pathectic point scoring is not just a game played by Remoaners......But our EU chums too *-) .......

pelmetman - 2020-05-08 9:05 AM

Current death rates ......

Do you even read your own links *-)

It says Reported Death Rates

The Government didn't even report deaths in care homes till it had to, and still doesn't report those it tells not to call 111 - just go home and die - the only reason the NHS hasn't been overwhelmed.

FT compared average deaths over the same period in previous years with the death rate this year, and found it had risen by more than twice the reported figures which you quote.

Moreover, the virus arrived later in Britain (giving BoJo weeks of notice to stop it at the borders he had taken back control of) notice which of course he ignored) so deaths are falling elsewhere whilst rising here.

But you don't need bloody to self isolate - unless you have the virus or symptoms -

You need to go back and start from the beginning to learn the basics first.

You can have the virus with no symptoms

And since BoJo has been scammed into buying 3 million fake testing kits (which his pooper scoopers are still trying to get us a refund on) we have no way of knowing we haven't got it.

So we do need to self isolate, which I am doing.

John52 - 2020-05-08 11:57 AM

But you don't need bloody to self isolate - unless you have the virus or symptoms -

And since BoJo has been scammed into buying 3 million fake testing kits (which his pooper scoopers are still trying to get us a refund on) we have no way of knowing we haven't got it.

Dearest deluded Peter/John/Coco - how thick can you be!!!

I think you need to learn the basics Coco.

By your own admission 'You can have the virus with no symptoms' - your exact words

Yet you keep asking me to prove how you are spreading it - the simple answer is you can't prove that you're not.

You ARE NOT self-isolating, you are bumming around the UK without giving a FCUK about the rest of society.

For you it's just another holiday - nothing more or less.

Your arrogance, stupidity and irrational attempt at justifying your actions, is an insult to everybody on this forum and society as a whole.

What a selfish, nasty piece of work you are.

John52 - 2020-05-08 11:57 AM

'You can have the virus and no symptoms' - your words

Then you ask me to prove how YOU might have got the virus, or if you're spreading it.............................you might like to mull that over you selfish, arrogant fool.

Seems I can add Contradictory to Flippant, Arrogant, and Selfish Law Breaker.

You're not self-isolating - you're bumming around the UK without a care, an insult to every forum member, and society as a whole.

You should be banned from this forum Coco

Archived