Cummings investigated by police

Bulletguy

globebuster - 2020-05-23 12:03 PM

John52 - 2020-05-23 7:55 AM

How did he get from London to Durham without risking spreading his virus >:-)

How did you get to Cornwall from Scotland without risking spreading the virus?

As far as we know John52 didn't "know" he had the virus when he travelled to Cornwall from Scotland.

It seems that when Cummings drove from London to Durham he DID know he was taking the virus with him.

:-|

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
malc d - 2020-05-23 12:20 PM...……………..

As far as we know John52 didn't "know" he had the virus when he travelled to Cornwall from Scotland.

It seems that when Cummings drove from London to Durham he DID know he was taking the virus with him. :-|

Well, yes, but...………………………...two things.

First, almost everyone who becomes infected begins to shed the virus before the symptoms appear, and

Second, many who are infected either don't develop symptom, or have symptoms so mild they are not recognised.

So what John "knew" about his infectivity at the time he travelled is inherently unreliable, and it is entirely possible that he may have remained infective but asymptomatic for up to three weeks after he actually, still unknown to him, became infected.

Those possibilities are the reason the guidance was framed as it was: that car travel was only permissible for medical reasons, to provide care or to help vulnerable people, to travel to and from work (but only when you cannot work from home) and to shop for basic necessities such as food. The government additionally advised to do this as infrequently as possible, and to use delivery services instead if possible.

Only John seems to understand how his trip fits into those categories! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2020-05-23 12:37 PM

malc d - 2020-05-23 12:20 PM...……………..

It seems that when Cummings drove from London to Durham he DID know he was taking the virus with him. :-|

Well, yes, but...………………………...two things.

First, almost everyone who becomes infected begins to shed the virus before the symptoms appear, and

Second, many who are infected either don't develop symptom, or have symptoms so mild they are not recognised.

So what John "knew" about his infectivity at the time he travelled is inherently unreliable, and it is entirely possible that he may have remained infective but asymptomatic for up to three weeks after he actually, still unknown to him, became infected.

Those possibilities are the reason the guidance was framed as it was: that car travel was only permissible for medical reasons, to provide care or to help vulnerable people, to travel to and from work (but only when you cannot work from home) and to shop for basic necessities such as food. The government additionally advised to do this as infrequently as possible, and to use delivery services instead if possible.

I think the point is that if John, or Fred or Bill ( or any other ordinary member of the public ) drove from London to Durham knowingly carrying the virus I'm quite sure that both the Left and Right wing in this country would accuse him of ignoring the governments guidelines.

But if it is an advisor to a Tory government - the Left say he broke the guidelines ( the right say he didn't ).

If it was an advisor to a Labour government - the Right would say he broke the guidelines ( the left would say he didn't ).

It doesn't seem to me to be a matter of politics - surely it's common sense NOT to knowingly take the virus to Durham, regardless of what job you've got.

:-(

malc d - 2020-05-23 1:26 PM..................It doesn't seem to me to be a matter of politics - surely it's common sense NOT to knowingly take the virus to Durham, regardless of what job you've got. :-(

Ah, but that is common-sense, Malc, and those raising objections (and defences) are so immersed in the politics they can no longer see common-sense.

Admittedly Cummings was ill when making that decision, but that he did so knowing he was ill casts doubt on the quality of his judgement.

The denials that he broke the rules are predictable. No-one likes being exposed worshiping a false God! He is the useful idiot of a segment of the Conservative party. Fortunately, that does not include all Conservatives (though it does seem to afflict most "new Conservative" supporters on here :-D)!

Brian Kirby - 2020-05-23 1:43 PM

malc d - 2020-05-23 1:26 PM..................It doesn't seem to me to be a matter of politics - surely it's common sense NOT to knowingly take the virus to Durham, regardless of what job you've got. :-(

The denials that he broke the rules are predictable. No-one likes being exposed worshiping a false God! He is the useful idiot of a segment of the Conservative party. Fortunately, that does not include all Conservatives (though it does seem to afflict most "new Conservative" supporters on here :-D)!

He's certainly an odd character. Seems to have made a lot of enemies both inside and outside the Tory party.

;-)

StuartO - 2020-05-23 7:35 AM

John52 - 2020-05-23 6:28 AM Why did he go to such lengths to keep that quiet *-)

1) What "lengths" did DC go to exactly to keep this quiet? 2) The police gave advice to his parents after someone reported concerns to them but I've not heard that they spoke to DC himself. It does sound like DC driving to Durham is open to challenge as non-essential but there may be an adequate explanation. Let's not jump to conclusions just because a few Labour activists have done so.

1) Quite a lot apparently aided by Downing st which makes the matter worse. Also at the time he had swanned off to his parents in Durham, his wife compounded the deceit by writing in the Spectator about how he was so ill 'fighting off the virus' he was unable to get out of bed for 10 days with high fever, which if true, makes the matter even worse.

2) Durham police issued a statement saying, "our officers were made aware of reports that an individual had travelled from London to Durham and was present at an address in the city.

“Officers made contact with the owners of that address who confirmed that the individual in question was present and was self-isolating in part of the house." Police confirmed they had visited an individual at an address in the city who they had learned had travelled to Durham from London during the lockdown to self-isolate.

From what i can see Stuart there is absolutely nothing 'open to challenge'. He broke lockdown plain and simple, also whilst 'allegedly' being so ill he couldn't get out of bed at his home in London!

Scotlands chief medical officer, Dr Calderwood had to go as did SAGE scientist Neil Ferguson.

Scottish Tory leader Jackson Carlaw said about Dr Calderwood, "Dr Calderwood's position is untenable and there cannot be one rule for bosses and another for everyone else".

Cummings doesn't give a flying fig anyway.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-dominic-cummings-breaks-cover-22074482

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2020-05-23 5:19 PM

Imagine being so bitter , twisted and full of hate that you attack a father for looking after and taking care of his 3 year old son purely because he wears a blue rosette ... Shameful

That's our resident haters too a "T" ;-) ........

They should take a long hard look at what they have become :-| .......

Hate for hate sake is not very pretty 8-) ......

malc d - 2020-05-23 2:02 PM

He's certainly an odd character. Seems to have made a lot of enemies both inside and outside the Tory party.

;-)

Indeed. So he must have gone to great lengths to stop anyone finding out for so long

With Downing Street helping him to cover it up.

Apparently they would have succeeded if Cummings had not been spotted by a member of the public.

car travel

It isn't car travel

I was isolating in a motorhome so even if I had the virus I wouldn't have spread it.

Well obviously the lockdown rules don't apply to Cummings.

Reminds me of Osborne who was unsackable because he successfully organised Cameron's party leadership campaign.

And Cummings must know too much to be fired.

Think how much damage could he do with what he knows.

Imagine being so bitter , twisted and full of hate that you attack a father for looking after and taking care of his 3 year old son purely because he wears a blue rosette ... Shameful

He had Covid19. How is he going to look after and take care of his 3 year old son better than a childminder

Was Cummings breaking the lockdown rules or wasn't he *-)

John52 - 2020-05-23 6:39 PM

car travel

It isn't car travel

I was isolating in a motorhome so even if I had the virus I wouldn't have spread it.

Oh John, that is the thinnest self-serving crap I think I've ever read!

Your van is in vehicle Class M1: Vehicles designed and constructed for the carriage of passengers and comprising no more than eight seats in addition to the driver's seat. Exactly as your car. It may be registered as a motor caravan, but that doesn't change its legal category. It's a bit like trying to argue that a Great Dane isn't a dog, because it is bigger than other dogs! :-D

John52 - 2020-05-23 6:52 PM

He had Covid19. How is he going to look after and take care of his 3 year old son better than a childminder

Was Cummings breaking the lockdown rules or wasn't he *-)

Do you play at being stupid or is it natural ... His sister and niece were going to look after his child if him and his wife couldn't ... As for "Was Cummings breaking the lockdown rules" , you tell me , you have banged on about how the rules are unclear ... Maybe now its one of your favourite hate figures the rules will have been totally clear ... Hate on Bin-boy

Brian Kirby - 2020-05-23 7:04 PM

car travel

It isn't car travel

Your van is in vehicle Class M1: Vehicles designed and constructed for the carriage of passengers and comprising no more than eight seats in addition to the driver's seat. Exactly as your car. It may be registered as a motor caravan, but that doesn't change its legal category. It's a bit like trying to argue that a Great Dane isn't a dog, because it is bigger than other dogs! :-D

You're missing the point.

I can self isolate in it.

You can't self isolate in a car.

pelmetman - 2020-05-23 5:45 PM

That's our resident haters too a "T" ;-) ........

They should take a long hard look at what they have become :-| .......

Hate for hate sake is not very pretty 8-) ......

What would it take for you to realise BoJo & Cummings have taken you for a mug :D

John52 - 2020-05-23 7:22 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-05-23 7:17 PM

.. His sister and niece were going to look after his child if him and his wife couldn't

You're floundering

In your previous post you said Cummings was looking after him

Errr ye ... Your looking silly ... Again

John52 - 2020-05-23 7:19 PM

car travel

It isn't car travel

How many days poo and wee bags can you accommodate in your van thing

Meantime....back on thread topic.

Cummings ignored coronavirus lockdown rules for SECOND time to visit parents. Spotted with his wife in Houghall Woods near the family’s Durham home two weeks after the first sighting. Fellow walkers said they were taken aback to see the Prime Minister’s senior official so far from London at the height of the lockdown on April 19.

Government was thrown into chaos yesterday after we reported that Mr Cummings broke lockdown rules to self-isolate with his family in the North East of England.

Downing Street said the PM’s chief adviser had needed his relatives to help with childcare after he and his wife Mary Wakefield fell ill.

But the claims were mired in confusion after it emerged that the couple continued to look after their four-year-old son themselves in Durham.

The PCC from neighbouring Northumbria has demanded the Prime Minister sack his chief adviser.

Kim McGuinness said: “Travelling 260 miles with a deadly, infectious virus while the Government is pleading with the nation to stay home and limit the spread is a level of irresponsibility so dangerous it is at the point of criminality.”

She added: “The Prime Minister should stop delaying, do the right thing and sack him.”

I agree....but Johnson won't.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/dominic-cummings-ignored-coronavirus-lockdown-18302526

The government guidance was explained better on the presentation from No. 10 tonight.

If you have the virus you should stay at home, but if you do think of a reason to go out, you are only allowed to drive up to 260 miles.

John52 - 2020-05-23 7:19 PM

car travel

It isn't car travel

I think it's you who is missing the point - and the whole ethos and principal of the lockdown.

Someone else breaking the law has no relevance to your actions.

Your continual movement [for weeks and weeks on end] carries a far greater risk than anyone 'locking down' at another single address.

You have to shop more regularly, buy fuel, find water, dispose of waste [well we know that part is easy for you] all that exposes yourself and others around you.

How many times do you need to be told - If you don't have symptoms you don't need to self-isolate, and whether you have symptoms or not you should be based at home. You broke the law when you crossed the border from Scotland.

But why do you go on and on and on, trying to seek some justification for your actions?

I don't think there is a single person on this forum who supports your selfish, thoughtless attitude.

You're losing more and more respect, yet you still harp on about your escapades at every opportunity.

So, whilst others are trying to do the right thing, you just carry on.

But 'you don't care' [those are your words by the way] so why on earth should you criticise anyone else for their actions?

Stop trying to vindicate yourself - it's pointless.

malc d - 2020-05-23 8:36 PM

The government guidance was explained better on the presentation from No. 10 tonight.

If you have the virus you should stay at home, but if you do think of a reason to go out, you are only allowed to drive up to 260 miles.

Knowing how much Pelmet likes polls he will be angry to know 68% of Brits (including most Tory voters) consider Dominic Cummings to have broken the lockdown rules. Poll by YouGov....he likes them. ;-)

Arch pro-Tory Julia Hartley-Brewer is angry too.

Archived