Cummings investigated by police

Bulletguy

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Birdbrain - 2020-05-24 12:38 PM

John52 - 2020-05-24 12:20 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-05-24 12:15 PM

I dont recall the haters screaming for Labour types to be sacked when supposedly breaking lockdown rules ... For some on here someone "looking like" Cummings will be enough , they already pass off stuff he might have said as gospel ... https://news.sky.com/story/witness-i-saw-someone-who-looked-like-dominic-cummings-25-miles-from-durham-11993781 ... Personally I believe it may be better for him to go , hes been an unfortunate target of what others call on here a media hatchet job but no worries according to others on here the Government is now surrounded by others like him so nowt will change ... Hate on

Thank you for proving my point.

Instead of a diatribe like that, why not just simply say where Cummings was *-)

Did you spill some of the bags on ya while slopping out today or sumat ... You seem awfully angry

Yep - you've done it again. Proved my point by trying to change the subject whenever BoJo gets caught :D

malc d - 2020-05-24 11:43 AM

He's an interesting character, according to Wiki .

Quotes :

Says EU referendum was a dumb idea

He's not a Tory.

When appointed he said Tory MPs largely do not care about poorer people, or the NHS.

Has expressed concerns that both Labour and Tory governments ignored the north of England.

( … and it seems he doesn't like Nigel Farage ).

Seems to me his problem is his arrogance and contempt for the press, for Parliament, and the publics concerns about what he has done. It means the press is hardly likely to let him off with anything.

Statements issued anonymously from No. 10 continue to back him ( even undermining the police in Durham ) - but they may well have been dictated by him.

So - interesting to see how it all turns out.

My guess is he will stay.

;-)

Yes he's something of a conundrum isn't he? From what i've seen the only ones defending him (as you've seen on here) are Brexiters in a desperate panic to shut down or dismiss any reports on the matter. Even their 'Bible' has turned against them so they've only got Guido Fawkes left to turn to now.

Laura Kuenssberg has long championed the Johnson/Cummings duo and only the other evening was coming out with "a source informed me"...."a source denies" etc. In other words, master puppeteer Cummings!

malc d - 2020-05-24 2:22 PM

John52 - 2020-05-24 11:48 AM

undermining the police in Durham

.. and everywhere else.

How can the Copper at the sharp end deal with questions like ' why don't you fine Boris Johnson. the

Duke of Cornwall, or Dominic Cummings for taking the virus to their second homes.

I think you have missed the " undermining " point.

The police in Durham made a statement that they had spoken to the Cummings family.

It's reported that the government says that is not true.

If the government doesn't accept the word of Durham police - why should anyone else ?

:-|

Yes I get that.

And I think it undermines the police everywhere else when they are trying to enforce lockdown rules that Charlie, BoJo, and Dominic Cummins have ignored

Michae Gove has given everyone an excuse if they are caught breaking the lockdown.

Just say 'is it a crime to look after my Son/Daughter/whoever *-)

John52 - 2020-05-24 4:03 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-05-24 3:49 PM

if Johnson doesn't take action he will sink with him. .

Well you would think so wouldn't you.

Until you see the blinkered response from some of his voters on here :-S

Depends how long he wants to reign as PM. He's under increasing pressure from his own party to get rid of Cummings who've had enough of his arrogance and he's been called to Downing street.

https://tinyurl.com/ycqfoqst

The police have also turned up at his house.

https://tinyurl.com/y72vksrd

John52 - 2020-05-24 4:11 PM

malc d - 2020-05-24 2:22 PM

John52 - 2020-05-24 11:48 AM

undermining the police in Durham

.. and everywhere else.

How can the Copper at the sharp end deal with questions like ' why don't you fine Boris Johnson. the

Duke of Cornwall, or Dominic Cummings for taking the virus to their second homes.

I think you have missed the " undermining " point.

The police in Durham made a statement that they had spoken to the Cummings family.

It's reported that the government says that is not true.

If the government doesn't accept the word of Durham police - why should anyone else ?

:-|

Yes I get that.

And I think it undermines the police everywhere else when they are trying to enforce lockdown rules that Charlie, BoJo, and Dominic Cummins and John 52 have ignored

Michae Gove has given everyone an excuse if they are caught breaking the lockdown.

Just say 'is it a crime to look after my Son/Daughter/whoever *-)

And you have ignored, but don't worry I've 'adjusted' that for you

Your hypocrisy is boundless.........

This is what the Former Chief Constable says

(Is he a 'looney lefty too *-) )

The former chief constable of Durham police has launched a strident attack on Dominic Cummings and the government defending him, branding them self-privileged hypocrites who have damaged the fight against coronavirus at a time of national emergency.

Mike Barton, who stepped down as chief constable last year, said the government’s defence of Boris Johnson’s chief adviser was causing extensive damage as police try to get the public to obey lockdown rules.

He told the Guardian: “It is clear he has broken the rules. It could not be clearer. I cannot think of a worse example of a breach of the lockdown rules. For it then to be defended by the government just beggars belief.”

Barton said the rules were clear: that anyone with symptoms of coronavirus should not leave their home.

“What is particularly sad and undermines completely the government position is they seem to be operating in a bubble of self-privilege and denial when they all should be leading by example. ‘Hypocrite’ was invented for these circumstances … Of course it is double standards.”

Barton added: “It feels like feudal times. We make the rules and it is for you, the great unwashed, to follow them.”

Barton attacked the government’s defence of the prime minister’s chief aide, including the performance by the transport secretary, Grant Shapps, at the daily Downing Street briefing on Saturday.

“The government are coming out with weasel words and sophistry,” Barton said. “For Mr Shapps to be obviously making it up as he goes long shames the government, shames him and shames us all as a country. It is blatantly stupid what they are suggesting.”

Under Barton’s leadership, the Durham force was rated as one of the best-performing in the country by official inspectors. Jo Farrell, the current chief constable, who is dealing with the Cummings allegations, was Barton’s deputy.

Barton warned of wider and serious consequences, saying: “They [ministers] have driven a coach and horses through these crucial guidelines at a time of national emergency, simply to save the skin of one of their own.

“This is not just Dominic Cummings. This is many members of the cabinet supporting someone who has clearly broken the guidelines, their guidelines, at a time of national emergency. I find it amazing they are changing the rules to save his skin.”

The former chief constable warned it would make the police’s job harder: “I feel for the thousands of officers negotiating to get people to do what they do not want to do. This makes the job of policing the lockdown harder. It gives a green light for people to do what they want.”

He warned that the Conservatives, who gained power after winning seats in Labour’s traditional northern heartlands, were damaging themselves. “They are on probation,” he said. “People who voted for them, I’m not sure they wanted to bring into power this conceited self-privilege that has been on display for the past 48 hours.”

Barton said his former force had handled the matter well. Under his leadership, Durham police pioneered alternatives to prosecutions and Barton said prosecuting or fining Cummings would have been pointless. He said: “Fining people does not bring the R rate down. What brings it down is people following the rules.”

Durham police tried to avoid punishing people for lockdown breaches. It has been one of the forces to issue the fewest fines, at about 137 between 27 March and 11 May, compared with North Yorkshire police’s 843.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/24/defence-of-dominic-cummings-is-shameful-says-ex-durham-police-chief

globebuster - 2020-05-24 4:29 PM

I've already explained to you I'm lawfully self isolating in my (motor)Home - same as these guys

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/police-called-after-large-motorhome-4132383?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA=&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=exchange

Just like Antony you are proving my point by trying to change the subject of this thread

John52 - 2020-05-24 4:23 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-05-24 4:15 PM

https://tinyurl.com/ycqfoqst

When I click on those I just get a message saying the site is taking too long to respond

Maybe too many people trying to access it at once ?

First link opens ok for me. I've reloaded the second one and that opens also

John52 - 2020-05-24 4:37 PM

This is what the Former Chief Constable says

(Is he a 'looney lefty too *-) )

The former chief constable of Durham police has launched a strident attack on Dominic Cummings and the government defending him, branding them self-privileged hypocrites who have damaged the fight against coronavirus at a time of national emergency.

Mike Barton, who stepped down as chief constable last year, said the government’s defence of Boris Johnson’s chief adviser was causing extensive damage as police try to get the public to obey lockdown rules.

He told the Guardian: “It is clear he has broken the rules. It could not be clearer. I cannot think of a worse example of a breach of the lockdown rules. For it then to be defended by the government just beggars belief.”

Barton said the rules were clear: that anyone with symptoms of coronavirus should not leave their home.

“What is particularly sad and undermines completely the government position is they seem to be operating in a bubble of self-privilege and denial when they all should be leading by example. ‘Hypocrite’ was invented for these circumstances … Of course it is double standards.”

Barton added: “It feels like feudal times. We make the rules and it is for you, the great unwashed, to follow them.”

Barton attacked the government’s defence of the prime minister’s chief aide, including the performance by the transport secretary, Grant Shapps, at the daily Downing Street briefing on Saturday.

“The government are coming out with weasel words and sophistry,” Barton said. “For Mr Shapps to be obviously making it up as he goes long shames the government, shames him and shames us all as a country. It is blatantly stupid what they are suggesting.”

Under Barton’s leadership, the Durham force was rated as one of the best-performing in the country by official inspectors. Jo Farrell, the current chief constable, who is dealing with the Cummings allegations, was Barton’s deputy.

Barton warned of wider and serious consequences, saying: “They [ministers] have driven a coach and horses through these crucial guidelines at a time of national emergency, simply to save the skin of one of their own.

“This is not just Dominic Cummings. This is many members of the cabinet supporting someone who has clearly broken the guidelines, their guidelines, at a time of national emergency. I find it amazing they are changing the rules to save his skin.”

The former chief constable warned it would make the police’s job harder: “I feel for the thousands of officers negotiating to get people to do what they do not want to do. This makes the job of policing the lockdown harder. It gives a green light for people to do what they want.”

He warned that the Conservatives, who gained power after winning seats in Labour’s traditional northern heartlands, were damaging themselves. “They are on probation,” he said. “People who voted for them, I’m not sure they wanted to bring into power this conceited self-privilege that has been on display for the past 48 hours.”

Barton said his former force had handled the matter well. Under his leadership, Durham police pioneered alternatives to prosecutions and Barton said prosecuting or fining Cummings would have been pointless. He said: “Fining people does not bring the R rate down. What brings it down is people following the rules.”

Durham police tried to avoid punishing people for lockdown breaches. It has been one of the forces to issue the fewest fines, at about 137 between 27 March and 11 May, compared with North Yorkshire police’s 843.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/24/defence-of-dominic-cummings-is-shameful-says-ex-durham-police-chief

Far right whingers now frantically searching for anything on Mike Barton.....'Labour party member' 'lefty activist'. 'Remainer' etc etc! ;-)

Ho Ho Ho!

The Government’s attempts to shore up the position of the Prime Minister’s chief advisor Dominic Cummings, by suggesting that the lockdown provisions are a matter of ‘individual responsibility’, may lead to the courts being swamped with appeals against fines imposed under its Coronavirus regulations.

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/05/24/14000-brits-could-now-appeal-lockdown-fines-thanks-to-dominic-cummings/

StuartO - 2020-05-24 10:00 AM

I was listening to the Radio 4 coverage of this issue this morning.

The Government has too much control over BBC funding etc

You have to look beyond the BBC to find out about things like MPs expense fiddles,

and Dominic Cummings breaking the lockdown.

I can't ever remember the BBC exposing corruption in Government or Royal Family

They just run a watered down version of the story after its been exposed by someone else.

Thats why I donate to the Guardian.

I only wish I could give them my BBC licence fee as well.

John52 - 2020-05-24 4:44 PM

globebuster - 2020-05-24 4:29 PM

I've already explained to you I'm lawfully self isolating in my (motor)Home - same as these guys

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/police-called-after-large-motorhome-4132383?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA=&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=exchange

Just like Antony you are proving my point by trying to change the subject of this thread

Have it your way John - what ever angle you put on it you've broken the law, and you did so when you crossed the border - if at no other time [according to your warped logic]

You are in denial again with your five year old mentality kicking in - It's you who changes the subject, but sadly you are so deluded and immature you just don't see it.

Each post just makes you look more foolish - whether others have broken the law, in your present situation you have no right to criticise anyone.

Your a law breaker too - so perhaps you should 'resign' from the forum, and I'll buy you a nice big bag of sweeties if you do!

John52 - 2020-05-24 4:05 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-05-24 12:38 PM

John52 - 2020-05-24 12:20 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-05-24 12:15 PM

I dont recall the haters screaming for Labour types to be sacked when supposedly breaking lockdown rules ... For some on here someone "looking like" Cummings will be enough , they already pass off stuff he might have said as gospel ... https://news.sky.com/story/witness-i-saw-someone-who-looked-like-dominic-cummings-25-miles-from-durham-11993781 ... Personally I believe it may be better for him to go , hes been an unfortunate target of what others call on here a media hatchet job but no worries according to others on here the Government is now surrounded by others like him so nowt will change ... Hate on

Thank you for proving my point.

Instead of a diatribe like that, why not just simply say where Cummings was *-)

Did you spill some of the bags on ya while slopping out today or sumat ... You seem awfully angry

Yep - you've done it again. Proved my point by trying to change the subject whenever BoJo gets caught :D

"BoJo gets caught" doing what ??? ... Dont say he dumps poo and pee in public bins n'all ???

Guest pelmetman

Excellent news........Cummings not going :D ..........

That's gonna annoy the hell out of our resident Haters (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

So lockdown was all a load of guff from Johnson who at the time it was introduced said, "a very simple instruction – you must stay at home” and also, "people should NOT meet family members who do not live with them."

Okaay.....that seems clear enough. Not to Cummings or Johnson though. :-S

Then after easing lockdown addressing the question, "can I meet friends and relatives?"

"You can meet one other person from another household, outdoors. You can't visit friends or relatives in their houses or indoors."

That seems fairly clear even though the 'stay at home' was done away with for the wishy washy 'stay alert'.

The press don't yet have anything to back up the story of a teacher spotting DC (and family) on an outing on Easter Sunday and you'd think they would have been all over the CCTV recordings in Barnard Castle to find corroberation.

I wonder if BoJo is being very clever by ducking the questions about that sighting because he knows there is nothing in it, so he can afford to let the press over-play it.

pelmetman - 2020-05-24 5:45 PM

That's gonna annoy the hell out of our resident Haters (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

LOL! It could be excellent news if it leads to the downfall of Johnson. There is every chance now the media are getting stuck in the public will turn against Johnson. He just blatantly lied on national TV to the nation and everyone knows it. Every single politician or scientist that broke the rules so far has been binned or resigned.

Johnson had better hope and pray that no further evidence comes out to prove that Cummings didnt go walkies down the Tees. Sends a shiver down my spine to think that the evil little turdy has been wandering about my patch spreading Coronavirus.

Bulletguy - 2020-05-24 6:13 PM

So lockdown was all a load of guff from Johnson who at the time it was introduced said, "a very simple instruction – you must stay at home” and also, "people should NOT meet family members who do not live with them."

Then after easing lockdown addressing the question, "can I meet friends and relatives?"

"You can meet one other person from another household, outdoors. You can't visit friends or relatives in their houses or indoors."

That seems fairly clear even though the 'stay at home' was done away with for the wishy washy 'stay alert'.

Why havent you condemned Stephen Kinnock and Tahir Ali ???

Barryd999 - 2020-05-24 6:17 PM

LOL! It could be excellent news if it leads to the downfall of Johnson. There is every chance now the media are getting stuck in the public will turn against Johnson. He just blatantly lied on national TV to the nation and everyone knows it. Every single politician or scientist that broke the rules so far has been binned or resigned.

Johnson had better hope and pray that no further evidence comes out to prove that Cummings didnt go walkies down the Tees. Sends a shiver down my spine to think that the evil little turdy has been wandering about my patch spreading Coronavirus.

Maybe you bumped into him on one of your photo sessions out on the scooter during lockdown

Barryd999 - 2020-05-24 6:17 PM

Stephen Kinnock and Tahir Ali are politicians ... Have they been binned or resigned ??? ... Simple yes or no ???

Birdbrain - 2020-05-24 6:37 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-05-24 6:13 PM

Why havent you condemned Stephen Kinnock and Tahir Ali ???

They were both wrong. Why do you not condemn the actions of Cummings who clearly broke lockdown rules as in my post you quoted?

"You must stay at home” and, "people should NOT meet family members who do not live with them."

Archived