Cummings investigated by police

Bulletguy

John52 - 2020-06-07 5:23 PM

Violet1956 - 2020-06-07 11:14 AM

John52 - 2020-06-07 10:29 AM

Violet1956 - 2020-06-07 8:40 AM

I note that John describes his location as Pissindoon, Scotland and not NFA. :-D

Sorted Thanks B-)

Good to see the forum posh tottie back :-D

It cracks me up John when you describe me as “posh tottie”. I put aside all inclination to accuse you of sexism, stereotyping etc. etc. because nothing could be further from the truth, especially to “tottie” bit. (lol)

We shall be Married :D

I have a surprise for you on our wedding night ;-)

Call me superficial but unless you look like Omar Sharif I’ll pass on that John. :-D

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Kirby - 2020-06-07 2:36 PM

John52 - 2020-06-07 10:12 AM...............….Brian quotes a regulation made before the lockdown was relaxed, and now we can drive anywhere in England or Scotland for exercise.

Perhaps something unforseen might happen, maybe a temporary injury or vehicle fault, making one unable to drive back the same day .....

Now, now, John, you can't have it both ways! Your defence was that you left home before any of the regulations were issued, so they couldn't apply to you - but you seemed not to have noticed the definition of where you usually live, which is the term in the regulation. So yes, you can claim anywhere as your temporary home, but you can't do the same with definition in the regulation of where you usually live. :-)

Maybe something unforeseen might have happened, such as you mention, but you have failed to record such events on here, and if you were to plead such an event to a policeman who was enquiring why you hadn't gone back home when you should have, you'd also be obliged to show him the problem, or potentially risk a different penalty for taking the wee-wee, wouldn't you? Since you now say you're back home (but who, apart from you, knows if that is true) your present circumstances are now mercifully irrelevant to this string. :-D

Well I was just going by someone on Radio Cornwall who was told she could stay in her second home as she was already there when the lockdown was announced.

Of course, its the regulations that matter, not the conflicting and confusing advice from politicians and police forces. Thanks for posting that one, but its dated before the relaxation of the lockdown - so how much of it still applies?

In any case I have since been back to my house, (where I'm registered for everything) so am starting afresh from there.

Apparently we can go anywhere in Scotland or England for exercise.

So its now about what is there that says exactly when we have to return?

(and what if the unforeseen happens that makes it impractical to return in time)

I note that John describes his location as Pissindoon, Scotland and not NFA. :-D

Sorted Thanks B-)

It cracks me up John when you describe me as “posh tottie”. I put aside all inclination to accuse you of sexism, stereotyping etc. etc. because nothing could be further from the truth, especially to “tottie” bit. (lol)

Well, let's hope for Violet's sake it's not a bucket, and a wide necked fabric conditioner bottle......... 8-)

Guest pelmetman
globebuster - 2020-06-07 10:11 PM

Sorted Thanks B-)

Well, let's hope for Violet's sake it's not a bucket, and a wide necked fabric conditioner bottle......... 8-)

(lol) (lol) (lol) .......

“The broad consensus of public opinion is that he broke the law on public health, and the entire weight of the state has been deployed to prevent proper investigation and proper due process.”

So maybe a private prosecution against Dominic Cummings that he can't get shut down...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jun/07/dominic-cummings-call-for-new-investigation-into-durham-trip

John52 - 2020-06-08 1:25 PM

“The broad consensus of public opinion is that he broke the law on public health, and the entire weight of the state has been deployed to prevent proper investigation and proper due process.”

So maybe a private prosecution against Dominic Cummings that he can't get shut down...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jun/07/dominic-cummings-call-for-new-investigation-into-durham-trip

The broad consensus of opinion on this Forum is that you have been breaking the law but it hasn't had any impact.

StuartO - 2020-06-08 2:07 PM

The broad consensus of opinion on this Forum is that you have been breaking the law but it hasn't had any impact.

I'm not at the top of Government making the rules and setting an example ... and taking the piss with excuses like going for a drive to test my eyesight.

John52 - 2020-06-08 5:35 PM

I'm not at the top of Government making the rules and setting an example ... and taking the piss with excuses like going for a drive to test my eyesight.

What a bloody hypocrite you are '52 - you've been taking the piss for weeks and weeks on end, and with equally feeble excuses.

You've been staying overnight in a car [PLG] all over the place - far worse than just going to a second home.

You can't complain about others breaking the law - because you're a prime example of how not to suppress the virus.

If we'd all had your attitude I wonder where we'd be now......

Whether a person is at the top of government, or a sewage plant worker - it makes no difference when it comes to breaking the law.

John52 - 2020-06-08 5:35 PM

What rules has Mr Cummings made ??? ... Und as for taking the pi$$ , you condemn one man when thousands broke the rules over the weekend ... Black Lives Matter More Bro ... We get ya ... Slop out

John52 - 2020-06-08 6:51 PM

globebuster - 2020-06-08 5:59 PM

[PLG]

They effectively did away with the PLG category in 2001

If only Dr Shipman were here ;-)

Excellent example of your usual pedantry - should I have said TC11?

I'm not sure what the relevance to Dr Shipman is, did you miss an appointment with him?

globebuster - 2020-06-08 7:17 PM

[PLG]

I'm not sure what the relevance to Dr Shipman is, did you miss an appointment with him?

If its not important why did you quote the vehicle category?

If its important enough to quote it, you might at least get it right.

Or you could stop being pedantic and accept its a motorhome

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-08 7:39 PM

[PLG]

Post your number plate ;-) .......then we can get it right :-| .......

By camping/standing up wind of your builders van *-) ......

Just sayin >:-)

John52 - 2020-06-08 7:39 PM

[PLG]

No pedantry on my part - I'm just trying to describe your vehicle accurately.

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to tell us what it's classed as on the V5C?

It would appear you don't legally have a motorhome, not even a camper.......not even close

But then you do seem to have trouble understanding certain aspects of the law

globebuster - 2020-06-08 9:36 PM

a home with a motor

irrespective of what it says on the V5C :-D

John52 - 2020-06-09 12:46 PM

globebuster - 2020-06-08 9:36 PM

a home with a motor

irrespective of what it says on the V5C :-D

Well, if you call a windowless tin box with an armchair a bucket and some plastic bags a home - then you have my pity

John52 - 2020-06-10 8:16 AM

globebuster - 2020-06-09 7:58 PM

Well, if you call a windowless tin box with an armchair a bucket and some plastic bags a home -

No I don't :-D

Well, you can't have it both ways -

First you claim it's your Motor-'home' [insert smiley] now you appear to have changed your mind.

So it's just a car then...........like DC.

It would qualify as a motorhome if it had side windows, decals and an awning bar- none of which would make the slightest difference to its ability to shield the virus. It does not match your silly description.

Seriously - this is worth reading and no paywall;

How to avoid the virus as the world reopens

https://www.ft.com/content/2418ff87-1d41-41b5-b638-38f5164a2e94

It shows where the serious risks are - and it isn't the from handles of public water taps and dog waste bins. You are just being silly because the risk of transmission from there is extremely low, and very easy to avoid altogether with the simplest precautions.

By far the biggest thing we can do to stop the virus spreading is to stop the likes of your Duke of Cornwall, BoJo, and Dominic Cummings leaving home with symptoms >:-)

So far all we have got from BoJo, after setting the worst possible example himself, is a £90 million contract to Serco for a call centre to field calls from the most responsible people who are no risk anyway.

Top rated comments in the FT (looney leftie according to our Mad Hatter (lol)

'It’s a massive surprise that having a Cabinet of nutters and no-marks, selected solely for their bovine loyalty, turns out to be suboptimal when needing leadership in a crisis.'

If this is how Bojo has handled Corona when compared with every other major economy just wait for the disaster that is Brexit later this year. Captain Wiff Waff will sink our ship with all hands.

Dear Tory MPs: you like what the two-meter rule is doing to UK’s economy? You will love what the Brexit-induced border control rules will do as well. Get Brexit done.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-11 8:03 AM

Top rated comments in the FT (looney leftie according to our Mad Hatter (lol)

'It’s a massive surprise that having a Cabinet of nutters and no-marks, selected solely for their bovine loyalty, turns out to be suboptimal when needing leadership in a crisis.'

If this is how Bojo has handled Corona when compared with every other major economy just wait for the disaster that is Brexit later this year. Captain Wiff Waff will sink our ship with all hands.

Dear Tory MPs: you like what the two-meter rule is doing to UK’s economy? You will love what the Brexit-induced border control rules will do as well. Get Brexit done.

With just 19 days to go until "No Way Back Day" B-) ..........

It's hardly surprising that the Losers are Losing it (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2020-06-11 8:18 AM

Yes, I can see you are. You could be losing your trip to Spain as well...

'Spain, which are set to allow international tourists from July 1, have warned that Brits might not be allowed due to the countries poor coronavirus record.'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/news/martin-lewis-issues-warning-youre-22170451

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-11 8:23 AM

pelmetman - 2020-06-11 8:18 AM

Yes, I can see you are. You could be losing your trip to Spain as well...

'Spain, which are set to allow international tourists from July 1, have warned that Brits might not be allowed due to the countries poor coronavirus record.'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/news/martin-lewis-issues-warning-youre-22170451

We've already decided put our winter trip off to Spain until Chinky Flu is over properly ;-) ........

In Spain........No point in sharing showers and toilets and eating out in resturants etc etc until it is 8-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-06-11 8:30 AM

We've already decided put our winter trip off to Spain until Chinky Flu is over properly ;-) ........

What if the current trend continues so its 'over properly' in Spain but not in BoJoland :-(

Archived