Cummings investigated by police

Bulletguy

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-06 9:04 AM

But if you were right and the van smelled of rotting fish..

By what Mad Hatter logic would she be wanting to buy it?

She obviously caught the wiff of fish and assumed you were a fishmonger ;-) ........

When in fact you're just a selfishmonger *-) ........

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2020-06-06 9:08 AM

She obviously caught the wiff of fish and assumed you were a fishmonger ;-) ........

But you said 'not too fresh fish'

Why would she want to buy fish that smells like stale pee?

Has it not occurred to anyone that perhaps John52 is just sitting at home bored in lockdown making all this stuff up for his amusement. Can’t understand why you lot continue to entertain this idiot. Why bother responding, unless of course you lot are equally bored and can’t find anything better to do with your time. Sad.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-06 9:11 AM

pelmetman - 2020-06-06 9:08 AM

But you said 'not too fresh fish'

Why would she want to buy fish that smells like stale pee?

Sorry chum I have to have a John52 ;-) ..........

Then stack a load of split logs :D ..........

I doubt any of that wood will be as dense as you 8-) ........

Don636 - 2020-06-06 9:19 AM

Has it not occurred to anyone that perhaps John52 is just sitting at home bored in lockdown making all this stuff up for his amusement. Can’t understand why you lot continue to entertain this idiot. Why bother responding, unless of course you lot are equally bored and can’t find anything better to do with your time. Sad.

Yeah I had wondered that. It would have kind of been a good chatterbox wind up. I dont think he is that funny though.

John52 - 2020-06-06 1:07 PM

Which leaves me non the wiser as to why you think this woman would seek out a van stinking of rancid fish wanting to buy some :-S

There are many things that leave you none the wiser .....including your understanding of the law you have broken

globebuster - 2020-06-06 3:36 PM

Which leaves me non the wiser as to why you think this woman would seek out a van stinking of rancid fish wanting to buy some :-S

There are many things that leave you none the wiser .....including your understanding of the law you have broken

Thats because I'm still waiting for you to tell me what law I have broken *-)

John52 - 2020-06-06 7:23 PM

globebuster - 2020-06-06 3:36 PM

Thats because I'm still waiting for you to tell me what law I have broken *-)

You'll be waiting a long time then........

Still can't say what law I've broken then. *-)

Just copied this from a link on the motorhome forum

"FCCT head of operations Robbie Blyth said....We would advise that the overnight usage of a motorhome is not within the spirit of the current emergency legislation."

He is trying to restrict motorhomes - so would presumably say it was illegal if it was.

But, unlike some on here, he seems to know what he is talking about.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/1354772/bid-to-restrict-freedom-camping-at-east-neuk-beauty-spots-begins/

John52 - 2020-06-04 5:04 PM...…………………..I hadn't left my (motor) home as I had been in it since the lockdown started - like the lads in the motorhome in St Ives https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Police-called-to-Motorhome/55244/ The fact I own a house somewhere else is irrelevant, we were told to stay in the home we were in.

Since John persists with his claim that his wanderings are within the law, and so many disagree, lets see how this plays. :-)

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 came into force on 26 March.

Part 6 (1) states that (people) should not leave the "place where they are living" except for the designated reasons.

Part 6 (3) defines the place where they live as being "premises". The normally understood legal definition of premises is that it refers to land and buildings. The normally accepted legal definition of where one lives is the premises at which they are registered to vote, from which they hold bank or public utilities accounts, at which their vehicle or driving licence is registered, from which they pay taxes, etc.

I'm going to suggest to John that, as his vehicle is not suitably adapted to qualify as a motor caravan, and is not registered as such, but will be registered with DVLA and insured at a fixed address from which he also pays its VED (as a light goods vehicle) and no doubt his various taxes, plus his gas, water and electricity bills, and is possibly registered to vote, that place is where any reasonable interpretation of "where he lives" would be.

I'm also going to suggest that he would be in some difficulty were he seriously challenged as to why he was spending successive nights away from that place living in a van.

Under those circumstances, I'd like to hear how his response that the above regulations do not apply to him because he has been living in his van since before the regulations came into force, would be met. I have a suspicion that the answer might be to return home as quickly as possible, or be issued with a fixed penalty notice for non-compliance with the regulations.

The test for issuing a FPN is whether he can present a reasonable excuse for having contravened the regulations. I suspect that being in full knowledge of the regulations (which he must admit for his defence to stand), and admitting contravening them by travelling freely since their introduction, with no impediment preventing him from returning to the "place where he lives", might not pass the "reasonable excuse" test, leading to at least one fixed penalty notice being issued.

After all, John's defence is that the regulations do not apply to him because he was already away from the place where he lives on 26 March so, on his own admission, he has been overnighting in other places every night since 26 March. By one interpretation, that would be a rather long list of admitted contraventions to also be taken into account. It's a sort of Catch 22. Could be tricky! :-D

Brian, you are correct of course but the point you are missing here is that you cannot have an intellectual conversation with a three year old or in this case an adult (?) with the intellectual capacity of a three year old, particularly one who is clearly on the wind up. By continuing this stupid conversation you are simply fuelling his amusement.

Well a van can be a home, and if you have more than one home we were told to stay in the home we were in.

Anyway, things have moved on. I returned to pissindoon when the weather changed, and Durham police have said no retrospective prosecutions for Dominic Cummings (Also apparently the Prime Minister and Duke of Cornwall who took their virus to their second homes and the retinue of servants who have to clean up after them) and the same laws apply to us all, so they say.

Brian quotes a regulation made before the lockdown was relaxed, and now we can drive anywhere in England or Scotland for exercise.

Perhaps something unforseen might happen, maybe a temporary injury or vehicle fault, making one unable to drive back the same day .....

Don636 - 2020-06-07 9:41 AM

Brian, you are correct of course but the point you are missing here is that you cannot have an intellectual conversation with a three year old or in this case an adult (?) with the intellectual capacity of a three year old, particularly one who is clearly on the wind up. By continuing this stupid conversation you are simply fuelling his amusement.

You can't have an intellectual conversation with people like you who substitute the law, or even basic facts, with invective. We are trying to find out what the law is. If you don't know, and have nothing helpful to say, please don't clog the thread up with invective and abuse just because you don't know anything else.

John52 - 2020-06-07 10:29 AM

Violet1956 - 2020-06-07 8:40 AM

I note that John describes his location as Pissindoon, Scotland and not NFA. :-D

Sorted Thanks B-)

Good to see the forum posh tottie back :-D

It cracks me up John when you describe me as “posh tottie”. I put aside all inclination to accuse you of sexism, stereotyping etc. etc. because nothing could be further from the truth, especially to “tottie” bit. (lol)

Violet1956 - 2020-06-07 11:14 AM

I note that John describes his location as Pissindoon, Scotland and not NFA. :-D

Sorted Thanks B-)

It cracks me up John when you describe me as “posh tottie”. I put aside all inclination to accuse you of sexism, stereotyping etc. etc. because nothing could be further from the truth, especially to “tottie” bit. (lol)

But I hope you still take it as a compliment; I don't think John52 dishes out many of those! :-D :-D

StuartO - 2020-06-07 12:12 PM

Sorted Thanks B-)

But I hope you still take it as a compliment; I don't think John52 dishes out many of those! :-D :-D

Indeed, I consider myself most fortunate Stuart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Quentin_Matsys_-_A_Grotesque_old_woman.jpg (lol)

Birdbrain - 2020-06-07 12:20 PM

Where are those who screamed about one man visiting Barnard Castle ??? ...

... Hello

Our society sets limits on how tough we can ever be with demonstrators, even if they are blatantly anarchist or seditious; our police do their work by consent rather than by ruthless force, so the price we pay is that troublemakers can cause trouble. The benefit is that we need never worry about the risk of becoming a police state. Our police don't routinely carry arms and always exercise self control as the first response.

But if the going gets tough so do our police and they do stand their ground and if necessary they will attack as a disciplined force. For example during the Miners Strike our police got themselves organised to exert enough force to uphold the law when large numbers were seeking to impose their will by force of numbers. Larger and larger police numbers were deployed and eventually mounted police charged with batons swinging, which is a formidable sight. And that was within living memory.

It was of course still a long time ago and police resources have changed quite a bit since then; we now have a far higher proportion of smaller and female police officers, especially females among mounted police sections. I don't know whether mounted police units could still be expected to charge as a unit with batons swinging to crack a few skulls but that used to be their ultimate employment. Safer than opening up with machine guns.

I hope we don't see escalation of the use of force in connection with these Black Lives Matter demonstrations but there presumably could come a point when the police had to act more firmly and decisively. We've already seen violence towards police taking over from what started as a peaceful gathering, probably because more sinister people took the opportunity to join in in order to make trouble. Mounted police were on the streets in London yesterday and that's not a good development. Even if they weren't charging as a unit while swinging the batons which they still carry - so I assume they are still trained to use them.

Our politicians would of course be very slow to want to see serious force employed and whatever they say about such things be an operational matter entirely for police, they would be exercising a veto in the background.

John52 - 2020-06-07 10:12 AM...............….Brian quotes a regulation made before the lockdown was relaxed, and now we can drive anywhere in England or Scotland for exercise.

Perhaps something unforseen might happen, maybe a temporary injury or vehicle fault, making one unable to drive back the same day .....

Now, now, John, you can't have it both ways! Your defence was that you left home before any of the regulations were issued, so they couldn't apply to you - but you seemed not to have noticed the definition of where you usually live, which is the term in the regulation. So yes, you can claim anywhere as your temporary home, but you can't do the same with definition in the regulation of where you usually live. :-)

Maybe something unforeseen might have happened, such as you mention, but you have failed to record such events on here, and if you were to plead such an event to a policeman who was enquiring why you hadn't gone back home when you should have, you'd also be obliged to show him the problem, or potentially risk a different penalty for taking the wee-wee, wouldn't you? Since you now say you're back home (but who, apart from you, knows if that is true) your present circumstances are now mercifully irrelevant to this string. :-D

Sorted Thanks B-)

We shall be Married :D

I have a surprise for you on our wedding night ;-)

StuartO - 2020-06-07 1:37 PM

... Hello

Our society sets limits on how tough we can ever be with demonstrators, even if they are blatantly anarchist or seditious; our police do their work by consent rather than by ruthless force, so the price we pay is that troublemakers can cause trouble. The benefit is that we need never worry about the risk of becoming a police state. Our police don't routinely carry arms and always exercise self control as the first response.

But if the going gets tough so do our police and they do stand their ground and if necessary they will attack as a disciplined force. For example during the Miners Strike our police got themselves organised to exert enough force to uphold the law when large numbers were seeking to impose their will by force of numbers. Larger and larger police numbers were deployed and eventually mounted police charged with batons swinging, which is a formidable sight. And that was within living memory.

It was of course still a long time ago and police resources have changed quite a bit since then; we now have a far higher proportion of smaller and female police officers, especially females among mounted police sections. I don't know whether mounted police units could still be expected to charge as a unit with batons swinging to crack a few skulls but that used to be their ultimate employment. Safer than opening up with machine guns.

I hope we don't see escalation of the use of force in connection with these Black Lives Matter demonstrations but there presumably could come a point when the police had to act more firmly and decisively. We've already seen violence towards police taking over from what started as a peaceful gathering, probably because more sinister people took the opportunity to join in in order to make trouble. Mounted police were on the streets in London yesterday and that's not a good development. Even if they weren't charging as a unit while swinging the batons which they still carry - so I assume they are still trained to use them.

Our politicians would of course be very slow to want to see serious force employed and whatever they say about such things be an operational matter entirely for police, they would be exercising a veto in the background.

Does your opinion come from first hand personal experience Stuart *-)

...or from politicians and their media.

You can trust them, can't you *-)

Maybe something too trusting about the medical profession that allows the likes of Beverley Allitt to operate amongst them for so long. :-S

I don't think we will see the same police reaction to the Miners Strike again as long as the government does not have too much access to our computers etc - too many camera phones to record and upload it to social media etc . I would rather rely on our camera phones and internet than BoJo or her Unelected Majesty the Queen to keep her mercenaries in check. Or whoever BoJo was conspiring with to have a journalist beaten up. I have never felt so intimidated in all my life as when I was accosted by a gang of Her Majesty's Uniformed Gun Toting Thugs whilst lawfully walking on so-called public land near Balmoral. >:-)

No camera phones to record it in those days. :-S

StuartO - 2020-06-07 1:37 PM

... Hello

Personally I dont care how they deal with thugs and those out just to cause mayhem ... Black Lives Matter and Antifa are breaking lockdown rules and putting The Police and other emergency services at risk so wheres the outrage over that for a start ???

Archived