Trump's Last Throw of the Dice?

StuartO

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain is resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether from now on.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Birdbrain - 2021-01-14 11:04 AM

Barryd999 - 2021-01-14 10:16 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-14 6:12 AM

Barryd999 - 2021-01-13 9:41 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-13 8:02 PM

jumpstart - 2021-01-13 7:57 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-13 7:46 PM

Page 8 of this thread and not one of the sisters has shown anything other than their pure hatred to back up their claims ... Wow

What a hooooot....got your eyes open yet ?

My eyes are open thanks ... Still looking and waiting after 8 pages for one single bit of evidence ??? ... No point getting you all dizzy and asking to provide it though ... Given your intelligence levels ya prolly dont know who Trump is ... Go back to sleep princess

Did you not watch the link I cued up for you? Trump, Giuliani and Trump Jr all inciting the crowd to violence. Everyone around the world has seen it and it would appear that the vast majority agree, it was incitement. What happens next I guess will depend on the judicial process in America. With any luck they will all get thrown in jail. Either way if you cannot see whats been put in front of you as clear evidence of incitement that led to a Terrorist attack on the heart of democracy then you are in denial.

Yes ... What part exactly of the link are you on about ??? ... Your hypocrisy is unbelievable ... "I dont give a toss about America" when its blatantly obvious you do, well you give a toss about one American ... You condemn others for supposedly inciting violence without showing any proof to back up the claim while finding UK thuggery, violence and criminality "funny" and Union Flag burning is a "photo opportunity" ... Keep on "not giving a toss" Barry

Watch it again. All three of them inciting violence to an already angry mob. Listen to the first three statements and tell me if you really think that such statements to an angry armed mob was not inciting violence.

It is absolutely clear to all who can open their eyes what the intention was. Trumps entire "Steal" campaign over the past two months has been engineered to lead to this moment. He has whipped up these morons into such a frenzy over the voter fraud conspiracy that they are now truly radicalised and they truly believe they are right and righteous in their actions. Its exactly what happens with Terrorism which you of all people seeing as its one of your pet subjects should understand. There is the proof right there! The proof is his entire fake campaign from the past two months. The whole world can see it, why cant you?

"Trumps entire steal campaign over the past two months has been engineered to lead to this moment" ... Are you mad ... What on earth would he gain by whipping up "the mob" to violently break into one of the US most sacred buildings causing death along the way ??? ... If as you more than suggest that was the intention what was the long term plan ??? ... Were the terrorists going to take over with POTUS Trump at the helm ??? ... For 2 months POTUS Trump has alleged the election was stolen and you seem more than annoyed by that but yet you dont mind that The Democrats have done the same for the last 4 years over Trumps election win and you might want to educate on what Pelosi has previously said regarding that election being stolen ... Dont know why you are posting about the US anyway ... Remember you "dont give a toss about America" ... Hypocrite and you'll upset new self appointed moderator Stuart by replying to me so check with him first and his new Nazi like rules on here

Because he is a moron intent on leaving as big a mess as possible and leaving a trail of disruption, doubt and anger in his wake. The objective being to disrupt and hinder as much as possible Biden and Harris over the next four years. He has succeeded in convincing millions of people that they were robbed despite the humongous amount of evidence to the contrary and the lack of any evidence supporting his claim. Some of his supporters are now so radicalised they just refuse to see it. Comparing that to anything the Democrats have claimed is laughable.

I dont agree with Stuart. You have a right to say what you like as have the rest of us providing its within the forum rules. You should do yourself a favour on this one and just admit you backed the wrong horse and that Trump was indeed a "Wrongun".

Barryd999 - 2021-01-14 11:56 AM .... I dont agree with Stuart. You have a right to say what you like as have the rest of us providing its within the forum rules. You should do yourself a favour on this one and just admit you backed the wrong horse and that Trump was indeed a "Wrongun".

I have merely suggested to everyone that we take this opportunity, after a particularly blinkered, offensive and insulting set of postings from Birdbrain, that we ignore his posts for a while. I think your suggestion to him (that he reflects on what has been throwing at us all, quite pointlessly as I see it) makes excellent sense. His is of course perfectly entitled to express his own opinions and to defend Trump if he genuinely feels that way but I didn't get the impression he was doing that - but instead was arguing for arguing's sake and demanding his own barrack-room lawyerish nit picking standards of proof to back up other people's accusations about Trump inciting the rabble - and being gratuitously offensive and insulting to everyone else on here in the process.

And by the way I don't think wholesale insulting of other contributors is within the Forum Rules since you've brought them into it.

StuartO - 2021-01-14 12:07 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-01-14 11:56 AM .... I dont agree with Stuart. You have a right to say what you like as have the rest of us providing its within the forum rules. You should do yourself a favour on this one and just admit you backed the wrong horse and that Trump was indeed a "Wrongun".

I have merely suggested to everyone that we take this opportunity, after a particularly blinkered, offensive and insulting set of postings from Birdbrain, that we ignore his posts for a while. I think your suggestion to him (that he reflects on what has been throwing at us all, quite pointlessly as I see it) makes excellent sense. His is of course perfectly entitled to express his own opinions and to defend Trump if he genuinely feels that way but I didn't get the impression he was doing that - but instead was arguing for arguing's sake and demanding his own barrack-room lawyerish nit picking standards of proof to back up other people's accusations about Trump inciting the rabble - and being gratuitously offensive and insulting to everyone else on here in the process.

And by the way I don't think wholesale insulting of other contributors is within the Forum Rules since you've brought them into it.

Yes but I keep hoping that one day he might see the light. I feel its my duty as a moderate to try and convince Mr Birdbrain of the errors of his ways in supporting the likes of Trump. I can take the insults. Its hurtful at times especially when he calls me "Fatso" etc but I am willing to take it on the chin for the greater good. (lol)

Back on topic......

Trump seems to have wound his neck in, restricting himself to a concise "let's not have any violence" clip without addressing it particularly to his supporters but at least he seems to have worked out that encouraging the riotus invasion of the Capital seriously backfired. One of his sons is reported to have sucked back on the attempts to get Trump a replacement voice on another social media platform as well. Ten Republicans in the House voted for his impeachment and the majority leader of the Senate (a powerful Republican) is saying he will decide on the day, so it's by no means impossible that Trump will be found guilty by the Senate, and then banned from holding any future public office.

I suppose it will boil down to whether enough Republican Senators vote to get rid of Trump; they need 17 in order to achieve the 2/3 majority.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-14 12:38 PM ....Yes but I keep hoping that one day he might see the light. I feel its my duty as a moderate to try and convince Mr Birdbrain of the errors of his ways in supporting the likes of Trump. I can take the insults. Its hurtful at times especially when he calls me "Fatso" etc but I am willing to take it on the chin for the greater good. (lol)

Then just ignore the fool for a while, that should get the message across.

StuartO - 2021-01-14 9:27 AM

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain is resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I think I may have urged forum members to ignore Antony in the past, On reflection I believe that would be a bad move. I disagree with him most of the time and am often irritated by his " whataboutery". He has alienated members of the forum by trotting out personal putdowns. Nevertheless, if you take out all of that c**p he has raised what I consider to be a valid point regarding Trump's behaviour. I have scoured all the news reports of Trump's exhortations to his followers. Nowhere can I find evidence of his support of the violence we all saw on the 6th January. I note that the draft impeachment refers to what was foreseeable rather than what Trump intended. If the test under US law is subjective i.e.what Trump could foresee as opposed to what "the reasonable man" would foresee then Trump cannot be held responsible for the egregious acts of his followers because he is an idiot.

Violet1956 - 2021-01-14 1:49 PM

I think I may have urged forum members to ignore Antony in the past, On reflection I believe that would be a bad move. I disagree with him most of the time and am often irritated by his " whataboutery". He has alienated members of the forum by trotting out personal putdowns. Nevertheless, if you take out all of that c**p he has raised what I consider to be a valid point regarding Trump's behaviour. I have scoured all the news reports of Trump's exhortations to his followers. Nowhere can I find evidence of his support of the violence we all saw on the 6th January. I note that the draft impeachment refers to what was foreseeable rather than what Trump intended. If the test under US law is subjective i.e.what Trump could foresee as opposed to what "the reasonable man" would foresee then Trump cannot be held responsible for the egregious acts of his followers because he is an idiot.

I'm not trying to run Birdbrain off the forum altogether and this has nothing to do with whether he supports Trump or not. I've already explained that I am not trying to censor Birdbrain's opinions,merely encouraging everyone to ignore his posts for a period (say a couple of weeks) to get him to realise that arguing aggressively for arguing's sake while also dishing out gratuitous insults to all and sundry (because they were not immediately dancing to his tune) is such poor behaviour that even on Chatterbox it needs bringing to heel. Birdbrain is above all an attention-seeker, which is why he goes OTT like this from time to time. Let's agree to ignore his posts (completely) for a couple of weeks to encourage him to behave a bit less like an exhibitionist idiot, eh?

Chatterbox is not moderated but we, the users, can nevertheless effectively chastise a contributor who goes so completely OTT if we wish, as I believe Birdbrain was persisting in doing, by simply ignoring him for a period. If we deny him the attention he craves for a while he should get the message.

Well thank you for daring to post that you also like me dont see what everyone else says they see ... Now it will be interesting to see the treatment you receive for the same view I have ... You can bet you wont get the stunningly brave Coventry treatment the grown ups and righteous of the forum are suggesting ... Chuckle

I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage him to reflect.

I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage him to reflect.

He must have said ..i want you to " fight" about 30 times.

Fight is what they did.

StuartO - 2021-01-14 2:15 PM

I'm not trying to run Birdbrain off the forum altogether and this has nothing to do with whether he supports Trump or not. I've already explained that I am not trying to censor Birdbrain's opinions,merely encouraging everyone to ignore his posts for a period (say a couple of weeks) to get him to realise that arguing aggressively for arguing's sake while also dishing out gratuitous insults to all and sundry (because they were not immediately dancing to his tune) is such poor behaviour that even on Chatterbox it needs bringing to heel. Birdbrain is above all an attention-seeker, which is why he goes OTT like this from time to time. Let's agree to ignore his posts (completely) for a couple of weeks to encourage him to behave a bit less like an exhibitionist idiot, eh?

Chatterbox is not moderated but we, the users, can nevertheless effectively chastise a contributor who goes so completely OTT if we wish, as I believe Birdbrain was persisting in doing, by simply ignoring him for a period. If we deny him the attention he craves for a while he should get the message.

Dear oh dear ... Hypocrisy lives ... You ignore the arguing by others on this thread yet I am the troll and attention seeker because I supposedly argue and dare ask for proof ... You ignore the insults towards me on this thread and when I supposedly insult others I am the troll and attention seeker ... Others on threads all over Chatterbox have poor behaviour as I supposedly do yet I am the troll and attention seeker ... I disagree with most of the left leaning opinions on here and get called anything and everything for doing so yet I have never called for others to ignore those I disagree with, unlike you have yet I am the troll and attention seeker ... Chuckle

StuartO - 2021-01-14 2:21 PM

Will you be doing this every time I post

StuartO - 2021-01-14 2:24 PM

Will you be doing this every time I post

Violet1956 - 2021-01-14 1:49 PM .... [birdbrain] has raised what I consider to be a valid point regarding Trump's behaviour. I have scoured all the news reports of Trump's exhortations to his followers. Nowhere can I find evidence of his support of the violence we all saw on the 6th January. I note that the draft impeachment refers to what was foreseeable rather than what Trump intended. If the test under US law is subjective i.e.what Trump could foresee as opposed to what "the reasonable man" would foresee then Trump cannot be held responsible for the egregious acts of his followers because he is an idiot.

You are the lawyer of course but I suggest that the Senate Trial's decison will have relatively little to do with the law or logic or even the US Constitution and more to do with partisan politics, as of course did the "not guilty" verdict last time Trump was impeached. It will all hang on whether enough Republican Senators are willing to vote for impeachment because a 2/3 majority is needed, which means that 17 Republicans will need to be brave enough to cross the floor on this "trial" vote. Whether enough of them do this might not even have much to do with whether they think Trump engaged in high misdemeanours (or whatever it is that he's supposed to have done) so much as whether the GOP realises that enough is enough and they now need to put Trump firmly behind them so the the Republican party can move on without Trump as a threat to their future by insisting on running in the 2024 Presidential Election.

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain has been resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towrds others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty.

jumpstart - 2021-01-14 2:29 PM

He must have said ..i want you to " fight" about 30 times.

Fight is what they did.

Exactly! Not only him but the messages from Trump Jr and that odious perv Giuliani were absolutely clear. Well they were to me. Surprised at Veronicas post.

I guess its for the Judicial system and the impeachment trial to decide now. I suspect it will fail but maybe only just. Either way, I think the entire episode just showed Trump and his fanatical supporters up for what they are. Undemocratic Fascists. Perhaps with any luck its made moderate Trump supporters finally realise what they signed up to. I was hoping that perhaps Mr Birdbrain might have thought that also.

I have scoured all the news reports of Trump's exhortations to his followers. Nowhere can I find evidence of his support of the violence we all saw on the 6th

You won't because by then the damage had been done so his incitement was a success. In the few public speeches he's given since, whilst not openly supporting the insurrection he hasn't exactly shown contrition. It was this which angered Senators within his own party who had had enough of his belligerent arrogance.

jumpstart - 2021-01-14 3:35 PM

Ooops....

The Guardian: Trump 'refusing to pay' Rudy Giuliani's legal fees after falling out.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/14/trump-refusing-to-pay-rudy-giuliani-legal-fees-after-falling-out

It was only a few days ago Trump was telling us all how great Rudy was.

Because he hasn't managed to prove Trumps lies about voter fraud and Trump thinks $20k a day should get him a better liar and overturn the election.

Last week Trump was cooing; "Rudy, you did a great job. He’s got guts. You know what? He’s got guts, unlike a lot of people in the Republican party. He’s got guts, he fights. He fights."

jumpstart - 2021-01-14 3:35 PM

Ooops....

The Guardian: Trump 'refusing to pay' Rudy Giuliani's legal fees after falling out.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/14/trump-refusing-to-pay-rudy-giuliani-legal-fees-after-falling-out

It was only a few days ago Trump was telling us all how great Rudy was.

Ha Ha! Thats funny. I cant decide who is the most vile out of the two to be honest. Giuliani, not so smart eh? Always ask a Moron for money up front when you are sure he is throwing it down the toilet.

Archived