Trump's Last Throw of the Dice?

StuartO

Birdbrain - 2021-01-13 6:10 AM

Still nothing ... Not a god damn thing to show where POTUS Trump incited violence ... Nothing from the sisters ... You would think they would gladly point out the hatey bits of his tweets or speech to shut me up ... Chuckle

You poor blind thing .

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still nothing ... Not a god damn thing to show where POTUS Trump incited violence ... Nothing from the sisters ... You would think they would gladly point out the hatey bits of his tweets or speech to shut me up ... Chuckle

Well now the Republicans are joining in on the impeachment, it looks like you'll have all the proof that your lack of critical thinking currently prevents you seeing when you read his speech.

I took Trump's words at the meeting near the White House immediately before the riotus invasion of the Capital to be an incitment to go down there and cause trouble, even if he avoided directly and specifically inciting violence he was certainly indicating that the whole crowd should go down there with him and cheer the Legislators who are supporting his efforts to overturn the election result and do the opposite to those who aren't - by implication he was at the very least was encouraging considerable trouble-making. He spoke for a hour or so, as the President of the United States, who had already taken a well established position of sustained attacks on the validity of the US Election, the result of which he was determined to overturn in his favour. Having wound them up and set them off he ducked back into the White House to watch it on TV, happy to see the way it developed and careless of the safety of his own Vice President as well as all the Legislators, making phone calls to encourage more individual Senators to formally object to the acceptance of the Electoral College count in order to turn over the Election result - and he is also said to have refused a request to authorise the turnout of the National Guard to reinforce the overwhelmed Capital Police, so the Vice President had to do it instead. (And Trump subsequently lied that he had done so.)

I'm afraid that it was a step far too far that morning, even in the eyes of many of his Republcan supporters in Congress. In one stroke Trump seems to have cooked his own goose good and proper and the dam of contempt for his behaviour as a serving President broke. If you can't see that, especially if you are seeing it differently because you are keeping your blinkers on as a continuing supporter of Trumpism at any price, then perhaps you are as bad as he is.

StuartO - 2021-01-13 9:50 AM

I took Trump's words at the meeting near the White House immediately before the riotus invasion of the Capital to be an incitment to go down there and cause trouble, even if he avoided directly and specifically inciting violence he was certainly indicating that the whole crowd should go down there with him and cheer the Legislators who are supporting his efforts to overturn the election result and do the opposite to those who aren't - by implication he was at the very least was encouraging considerable trouble-making. He spoke for a hour or so, as the President of the United States, who had already taken a well established position of sustained attacks on the validity of the US Election, the result of which he was determined to overturn in his favour. Having wound them up and set them off he ducked back into the White House to watch it on TV, happy to see the way it developed and careless of the safety of his own Vice President as well as all the Legislators, making phone calls to encourage more individual Senators to formally object to the acceptance of the Electoral College count in order to turn over the Election result - and he is also said to have refused a request to authorise the turnout of the National Guard to reinforce the overwhelmed Capital Police, so the Vice President had to do it instead. (And Trump subsequently lied that he had done so.)

I'm afraid that it was a step far too far that morning, even in the eyes of many of his Republcan supporters in Congress. In one stroke Trump seems to have cooked his own goose good and proper and the dam of contempt for his behaviour as a serving President broke. If you can't see that, especially if you are seeing it differently because you are keeping your blinkers on as a continuing supporter of Trumpism at any price, then perhaps you are as bad as he is.

Nice try Stuart ... Think you'll find I have said many times on here POTUS Trump is yesterdays man, if thats me and my continuing support of Trumpism at any price then you need help ... You have watched the speech, read the tweets but provide nothing in words from that speech to show anything at all that you could say incites violence ??? ... Not providing evidence of claims is a speciality of hypocrites on here, break the mold and show a simple country boy like me what everybody else can see ??? ... If I accused a person of making a speech inciting hatred I would certainly be willing to back that claim up with some of the words from that speech, do the decent thing and post up some of the best bits just for me ... Just to add many of those that are calling POTUS Trump now are the same ones who claimed he incited racism and Chinese hatred for saying "China Virus", they now stay quiet when Mrs Merkel says "British Virus" ??? ... Go figure

Birdbrain - 2021-01-13 10:12 AM Nice try Stuart ... Think you'll find I have said many times on here POTUS Trump is yesterdays man, if thats me and my continuing support of Trumpism at any price then you need help ... You have watched the speech, read the tweets but provide nothing in words from that speech to show anything at all that you could say incites violence ??? ... Not providing evidence of claims is a speciality of hypocrites on here, break the mold and show a simple country boy like me what everybody else can see ??? ... If I accused a person of making a speech inciting hatred I would certainly be willing to back that claim up with some of the words from that speech, do the decent thing and post up some of the best bits just for me ... Just to add many of those that are calling POTUS Trump now are the same ones who claimed he incited racism and Chinese hatred for saying "China Virus", they now stay quiet when Mrs Merkel says "British Virus" ??? ... Go figure

You seem to be arguing, in a barrack room lawyerish sort of way, that Trump could try to argue his way out of responsibility for his actions, which of course he is likely to try to do. And given the polarised nature of US politics and the need for a 2/3 majority in the Senate to impose impeachment on him he might well even achieve.

But that isn't a good moral argument and you're not really an amoral barrack room lawyer, are you?

Please don't rely on me reading all the stuff that's posted on Chatterbox and remembering the positions you have adopted in thepast; I'm afraid it's all I can stomach to dip into threads and respond occasionally, when there seems to be an opportunity to make a worthwhile comment or suggestion. On this occasion I saw that you were taking a blinkered and unhelpful approach so I though I'd try to help.

StuartO - 2021-01-13 10:35 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-13 10:12 AM Nice try Stuart ... Think you'll find I have said many times on here POTUS Trump is yesterdays man, if thats me and my continuing support of Trumpism at any price then you need help ... You have watched the speech, read the tweets but provide nothing in words from that speech to show anything at all that you could say incites violence ??? ... Not providing evidence of claims is a speciality of hypocrites on here, break the mold and show a simple country boy like me what everybody else can see ??? ... If I accused a person of making a speech inciting hatred I would certainly be willing to back that claim up with some of the words from that speech, do the decent thing and post up some of the best bits just for me ... Just to add many of those that are calling POTUS Trump now are the same ones who claimed he incited racism and Chinese hatred for saying "China Virus", they now stay quiet when Mrs Merkel says "British Virus" ??? ... Go figure

You seem to be arguing, in a barrack room lawyerish sort of way, that Trump could try to argue his way out of responsibility for his actions, which of course he is likely to try to do. And given the polarised nature of US politics and the need for a 2/3 majority in the Senate to impose impeachment on him he might well even achieve.

But that isn't a good moral argument and you're not really an amoral barrack room lawyer, are you?

Please don't rely on me reading all the stuff that's posted on Chatterbox and remembering the positions you have adopted in thepast; I'm afraid it's all I can stomach to dip into threads and respond occasionally, when there seems to be an opportunity to make a worthwhile comment or suggestion. On this occasion I saw that you were taking a blinkered and unhelpful approach so I though I'd try to help.

"You seem to be arguing" ... You seem to be wrong ... I simply ask for proof of what is being claimed ... Hated, liked, loathed or loved even POTUS Trump deserves the right to something better than a Chatterbox kangaroo court that offers up not one single bit of written evidence of what they claim ... Yet, once again I seem to be in the wrong ... Thankfully I might add

Birdbrain - 2021-01-13 11:04 AM

"You seem to be arguing" ... You seem to be wrong ... I simply ask for proof of what is being claimed ... Hated, liked, loathed or loved even POTUS Trump deserves the right to something better than a Chatterbox kangaroo court that offers up not one single bit of written evidence of what they claim ... Yet, once again I seem to be in the wrong ... Thankfully I might add

If you were not arguing in support of Trump but merely exercising your legalistic muscles to no useful purpose other than arguing for arguing’s sake, was there any worthwhile purpose in posting?

StuartO - 2021-01-13 11:35 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-13 11:04 AM

If you were not arguing in support of Trump but merely exercising your legalistic muscles to no useful purpose other than arguing for arguing’s sake, was there any worthwhile purpose in posting?

No your making things up or just pretending to be stupid ... I have told you I am not arguing and I aren't particularly trying to defend POTUS Trump either ... I am has been clearly explained looking for where exactly in POTUS Trumps speech he incited what followed after his speech, up to press not one single person here including you has shown anything to back up your claims, cant think why

Birdbrain - 2021-01-13 1:08 PM..................... cant think why

And that, precisely, is the problem. You've invested so much personal kudos in your false God, you don't want to see.

You really need to sit down calmly, open your eyes, and read that transcript with an open mind - after you answer for yourself these questions.

How did all those people come to be in Washington at the same time? Divine intervention, or because someone got them there?

What was the issue that got them there?

Why did some brings weapons, including guns?

What was their expectation in travelling to Washington?

Look at the news interviews of the attendees. Were they in reflective mood, or angry and excited?

What were they angry about?

Then read the speech. It is a clear case of first assemble rent-a-mob on a false premise, then wind them up, then just fade away and leave them to it, and then feign innocence.

And you can't see it because Trump didn't actually say "now go down to the Capitol and trash it".

That is the thinnest and most transparently inadequate defence conceivable. The sort of defence a child might try when confronted with some misdemeanour that only they could possibly have committed. Only in this case it came from a President of the United States. Truly, there are none so blind as those who will not see!

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-13 1:26 PM

And that, precisely, is the problem. You've invested so much personal kudos in your false God, you don't want to see.

You really need to sit down calmly, open your eyes, and read that transcript with an open mind - after you answer for yourself these questions.

How did all those people come to be in Washington at the same time? Divine intervention, or because someone got them there?

Look at the news interviews of the attendees. Were they in reflective mood, or angry and excited?

Then read the speech. It is a clear case of first assemble rent-a-mob on a false premise, then wind them up, then just fade away and leave them to it, and then feign innocence.

And you can't see it because Trump didn't actually say "now go down to the Capitol and trash it".

That is the thinnest and most transparently inadequate defence conceivable. The sort of defence a child might try when confronted with some misdemeanour that only they could possibly have committed. Only in this case it came from a President of the United States. Truly, there are none so blind as those who will not see!

Now I have done as you say and attempted to answer the questions you list ... Obviously I am a bit ditsy and blonde and cant for the life in me answer them or see the incitement ... We know your record on here regarding you being an expert on many topics including diagnosing certain mental health issues totally blind so could you put your expertise to good use on this matter and please, please, please post up where the incitement is in the speech ??? ... No need for insults and names either just what I ask for, surely you of all people on here can provide something, anything even if its just a teensy weensy bit of silliness ... Note I have said please

Did Trump say "Go forth and seize control of the Capitol Building and kill people"? No he did not. Did he incite the violence that followed and more importantly did he instruct his cronies to also do the same? Yes, absolutely he did.

I suspect you never watched any of BG's brilliant links but this one here which I have queued up for you just at the right place is all the evidence you will need. There is no doubt he is guilty as are his cronies of inciting what happened next. Your glorious leader is now a Terrorist leader.

Birdbrain - 2021-01-13 2:15 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-13 1:26 PM

Now I have done as you say and attempted to answer the questions you list ...

You haven't attempted to answer any at all.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-13 2:23 PM

Did Trump say "Go forth and seize control of the Capitol Building and kill people"? No he did not. Did he incite the violence that followed and more importantly did he instruct his cronies to also do the same? Yes, absolutely he did.

I suspect you never watched any of BG's brilliant links but this one here which I have queued up for you just at the right place is all the evidence you will need. There is no doubt he is guilty as are his cronies of inciting what happened next. Your glorious leader is now a Terrorist leader.

Klepper is brilliant and shows Trump supporters for what they are but they're so thick they can't even see themselves how daft they are. They've all been brainwashed by a snake oil salesman.....even non-Americans. I expect they will be off on more killing sprees before the 20th, waving their flags, chanting "USA", and singing the anthem between killing off more of their fellow Americans.

There appears to be rare unanimity of opinion on here that you, Birdbrain, are showing your foolish side and embarrassing yourself. May I suggest that Dennis Healey’s Rule of Holes applies and so you should go away for a while and reflect on things.

StuartO - 2021-01-13 3:53 PM

There appears to be rare unanimity of opinion on here that you, Birdbrain, are showing your foolish side and embarrassing yourself. May I suggest that Dennis Healey’s Rule of Holes applies and so you should go away for a while and reflect on things.

If asking for proof is embarrassing myself then I am totally at ease with that and I stopped caring long ago what the folk on here think of me ... Lets be honest and honesty is something you lot on here dont normally do, all you POTUS Trump haters obviously hate him regardless of what he says and whatever he says because of that blinkered hate you will twist and turn and alter it to suit your purpose ... Now I still have yet to see on here anything to back up all your whinging, screeching, Hollywood claims regarding this issue and calling me names and telling me to go away wont stop me asking and I thought you were better than that Stuart ... Surely one of you can show a Trump hating MSM clip somewhere that shows exactly what you lot find so difficult to put down in words

Birdbrain - 2021-01-13 4:54 PM

StuartO - 2021-01-13 3:53 PM

If asking for proof is embarrassing myself then I am totally at ease with that and I stopped caring long ago what the folk on here think of me ... Lets be honest and honesty is something you lot on here dont normally do, all you POTUS Trump haters obviously hate him regardless of what he says and whatever he says because of that blinkered hate you will twist and turn and alter it to suit your purpose ... Now I still have yet to see on here anything to back up all your whinging, screeching, Hollywood claims regarding this issue and calling me names and telling me to go away wont stop me asking and I thought you were better than that Stuart ... Surely one of you can show a Trump hating MSM clip somewhere that shows exactly what you lot find so difficult to put down in words

There is a point, when you are dealing with someone who displays a closed mind, that you give up tryng and think to yourself ..................

ITV screened a documentary last night "Storming The Capitol: The Inside Story". I recorded it and watched this morning. The only TV news crew to get inside and escape relatively unscathed unlike an AP news crew had their camera equipment smashed up. Maybe Trumps terrorists decided the AP crew were Satanists and Paedos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJiSmVktty4&feature=emb_logo&ab_channel=ITVNewsCatchup

Birdbrain - 2021-01-13 2:15 PM..................................

Now I have done as you say and attempted to answer the questions you list ... and cant for the life in me answer them or see the incitement ..............................so could you put your expertise to good use on this matter and please, please, please post up where the incitement is in the speech..

No Antony, I'm sorry to disappoint, but I have to admit defeat - because to me the answer lies in the field of psychiatry, and I am not a psychiatrist.

Two concepts I can sort of understand, which seem to offer some explanation, are "Confirmation bias" and "Cognitive dissonance".

Confirmation bias is defined as "the tendency of people to favour information that confirms their existing beliefs or hypotheses". It "happens when a person gives more weight to evidence that confirms their beliefs, and undervalues evidence that could disprove it. People display this bias when they gather or recall information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs."

Cognitive dissonance arose from "an observation study of a cult which believed that the earth was going to be destroyed by a flood, and what happened to its members — particularly the really committed ones who had given up their homes and jobs to work for the cult — when the flood did not happen. While fringe members were more inclined to recognize that they had made fools of themselves and to "put it down to experience," committed members were more likely to re-interpret the evidence to show that they were right all along (the earth was not destroyed because of the faithfulness of the cult members).

The only response I can give to your question is that the answers seem to me to lie somewhere within these realms. That is all I can say, because that is the only explanation which appears to explain why you cannot see what I, and it seems several others, see as starkly, staringly, obvious.

jumpstart - 2021-01-13 7:57 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-13 7:46 PM

Page 8 of this thread and not one of the sisters has shown anything other than their pure hatred to back up their claims ... Wow

What a hooooot....got your eyes open yet ?

My eyes are open thanks ... Still looking and waiting after 8 pages for one single bit of evidence ??? ... No point getting you all dizzy and asking to provide it though ... Given your intelligence levels ya prolly dont know who Trump is ... Go back to sleep princess

Archived