Trump's Last Throw of the Dice?

StuartO

Birdbrain - 2021-01-08 3:40 PM

jumpstart - 2021-01-08 3:36 PM

So all Trump has to do is resign, hand over to Vice Pence who as President pardons Trump for all his crime's.

"pardons Trump for all his crimes" ... What would those be ???

Well let's start with rape and sexual assault. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-sexual-assault-allegations-all-list-misconduct-karen-johnson-how-many-a9149216.html

And then move onto sedition. https://news.sky.com/story/us-capitol-nancy-pelosi-calls-for-donald-trumps-immediate-removal-after-seditious-act-12181923

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-08 3:44 PM

So all Trump has to do is resign, hand over to Vice Pence who as President pardons Trump for all his crime's.

Well let's start with rape and sexual assault. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-sexual-assault-allegations-all-list-misconduct-karen-johnson-how-many-a9149216.html

And then move onto sedition. https://news.sky.com/story/us-capitol-nancy-pelosi-calls-for-donald-trumps-immediate-removal-after-seditious-act-12181923

Chuckle ... Hes been found guilty of all those things ???

Birdbrain - 2021-01-08 3:55 PM

No, because whilst in office he could not be charged. Although it is somewhat ironic that in his fight to stay in office he has provided a heap of additional evidence and encouraged the element of the GOP that doesn't want the party to be taken over by fascists to finally prosecute him.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-08 4:03 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-08 3:55 PM

No, because whilst in office he could not be charged. Although it is somewhat ironic that in his fight to stay in office he has provided a heap of additional evidence and encouraged the element of the GOP that doesn't want the party to be taken over by fascists to finally prosecute him.

The "No" was suffice ... The rest is just .... Guff

Barryd999 - 2021-01-08 3:35 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-01-08 1:52 PM

malc d - 2021-01-08 1:37 PM

malc d - 2021-01-08 12:10 PM

pepe63 - 2021-01-08 11:52 AM

Also I thought he, being the big man that he is, was spouting about how he was going to march with them?..... not hid in a tent and watch on TV?..*-)

Well, being a 'draft dodger ' he was hardly likely to lead from the front.

;-)

Well it now seems he has done a complete u-turn and is condenming the mob for attacking the Capitol building.

Seems he wants 'em all locked up.

I wonder how his followers will react to him turning against them.

(?)

I doubt anyone will take him seriously either Malc as it's come far too late in the day for damage limitation.. He incited the rioting and has done irreparable damage to the country and office of Presidency. He's just wriggling and squirming now he realises he's up a corner.

Typical Trump. Probably trying to save his own arse after inciting what can only be described now as a terrorist incident. The world will be a better and safer place without him and with any luck Biden will see to it that all those involved do a very long stretch including Trump.

I thought you "didn't give a toss about America" ???

mtravel - 2021-01-08 3:23 PM

One thing that surprised me is that no one ever mentions the archaic (I would say medieval) electoral system in force in the States.

I find the length of time a President-elect has to go before taking office even more obscure. Here in UK once a new PM has been voted in, the sitting PM is unceremoniously turfed out the following day! A pity the US doesn't adopt the same method as Trump would have been slung out of the WH over two months ago and of course none of this nonsense would have happened as he wouldn't have time.

Birdbrain - 2021-01-08 4:07 PM

You think so? Watch this space.

Mind you have a track record on this don't you. Seems it wasn't only Boris saying Trump should get a Nobel Peace Prize, good judge of character obviously

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Kim-Jong-Un/48895/

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Got-My-Ticket/52181/

Barryd999 - 2021-01-08 3:35 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-01-08 1:52 PM

malc d - 2021-01-08 1:37 PM

malc d - 2021-01-08 12:10 PM

pepe63 - 2021-01-08 11:52 AM

Also I thought he, being the big man that he is, was spouting about how he was going to march with them?..... not hid in a tent and watch on TV?..*-)

Well, being a 'draft dodger ' he was hardly likely to lead from the front.

;-)

Well it now seems he has done a complete u-turn and is condenming the mob for attacking the Capitol building.

Seems he wants 'em all locked up.

I wonder how his followers will react to him turning against them.

(?)

I doubt anyone will take him seriously either Malc as it's come far too late in the day for damage limitation.. He incited the rioting and has done irreparable damage to the country and office of Presidency. He's just wriggling and squirming now he realises he's up a corner.

Typical Trump. Probably trying to save his own arse after inciting what can only be described now as a terrorist incident. The world will be a better and safer place without him and with any luck Biden will see to it that all those involved do a very long stretch including Trump.

His plea is shallow meaningless empty words. Lets not forget he referred to the rioters as "special people" and "patriots" telling them "we love you". What is it with grown adult men and women prostrating themselves before him in servile worship, blowing kisses and fawning all over him like a child with a teacher crush? They are as mentally retarded as he is.

Unfortunately he's likely to be dead before he sees a jail cell but certainly there are a lot lawsuits waiting to start the minute his office is officially terminated and thats what he's been in mortal fear of.

Trump has announced that he will not be attending the Inauguration on January 20th. It is now also known that he intends to leave the White House the day before. Presumably he will therefore fly to Florida (or elsewhere, perhaps out of US jurisdiction) in Air Force One while can still call the shots, aiming to show his continuing contempt and perhaps also to help encourage his followers to demonstrate their objections and contempt too.

It’s possible of course that Trump’s period of office could end prematurely.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-08 4:54 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-08 4:07 PM

You think so? Watch this space.

Mind you have a track record on this don't you. Seems it wasn't only Boris saying Trump should get a Nobel Peace Prize, good judge of character obviously

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Kim-Jong-Un/48895/

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Got-My-Ticket/52181/

Its still a NO princess ... Wrap it up in as many silly links or words that you want its still a NO ... More hate not hope

StuartO - 2021-01-08 4:57 PM

Trump has announced that he will not be attending the Inauguration on January 20th. It is now also known that he intends to leave the White House the day before. Presumably he will therefore fly to Florida (or elsewhere, perhaps out of US jurisdiction) in Air Force One while can still call the shots, aiming to show his continuing contempt and perhaps also to help encourage his followers to demonstrate their objections and contempt too.

It’s possible of course that Trump’s period of office could end prematurely.

It's worth looking back at how Nixon spent his last few hours in the White House after his criminality had been exposed via Watergate. This article is an interesting read and also the clip. I dread to think of Trumps legacy as I fear there is much more yet to come, as if what's already happened isn't bad enough.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-richard-nixon-spent-day-white-house/story?id=47914193

Violet1956 - 2021-01-08 5:38 PM

What worries me is that Trump’s actions and populist rhetoric have made it unlikely that this bloodletting is over. I don’t envy Mike Pence, he’s in a bit of a fix deciding what is the least worst option.

I'm sure he will pray...thats what he normally does when he doesn't know what to do.

Bulletguy - 2021-01-08 5:29 PM It's worth looking back at how Nixon spent his last few hours in the White House after his criminality had been exposed via Watergate. ...

It's been reported today that in the run up to Nixon's resignation the Defence Secretary issued an order within the pentagon that if Nixon initiated any military action they were to check with him before implimenting it. I don't suppose there was any legal basis for this decision to insert a safety check. A President continues to be Commander in Chief while he still holds presidential office.

Nancy Pelosi said, after speaking with the Chief of the Defence Staff:

"This morning, I spoke to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike," Pelosi wrote. "The situation of this unhinged President could not be more dangerous, and we must do everything that we can to protect the American people from his unbalanced assault on our country and our democracy."

She hasn't said that her request for a safety check was accepted.

Violet1956 - 2021-01-08 5:38 PM

What worries me is that Trump’s actions and populist rhetoric have made it unlikely that this bloodletting is over. I don’t envy Mike Pence, he’s in a bit of a fix deciding what is the least worst option.

Pence is weak and meek minded so Trump quickly threw him under the bus on the 6th at 7.24pm tweeting,

"Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!"

Pence could have invoked the 25th Amendment but was too scared despite other Reps pushing him to do so and to accuse him of not protecting a Constitution he (Trump) swore under oath to protect, but had no intention of protecting himself shows the manchilds hypocrisy and utter contempt.

StuartO - 2021-01-08 6:09 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-01-08 5:29 PM It's worth looking back at how Nixon spent his last few hours in the White House after his criminality had been exposed via Watergate. ...

It's been reported today that in the run up to Nixon's resignation the Defence Secretary issued an order within the pentagon that if Nixon initiated any military action they were to check with him before implimenting it. I don't suppose there was any legal basis for this decision to insert a safety check. A President continues to be Commander in Chief while he still holds presidential office.

"This morning, I spoke to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike," Pelosi wrote. "The situation of this unhinged President could not be more dangerous, and we must do everything that we can to protect the American people from his unbalanced assault on our country and our democracy."

Its not the American people that need protecting....its us...the rest of the world.

It's imperative they keep him well away from anything with a button......I wouldn't trust him with a bag of chocolate buttons. They need to stop pussy footing about, invoke the 25th, then have him sectioned and carted off to the nearest secure mental hospital. The world will be a much safer place without him.

jumpstart - 2021-01-08 7:12 PM

Its not the American people that need protecting....its us...the rest of the world.

He's the primer though....the firing pin. Remove that and everything else is safe.

Bulletguy - 2021-01-08 7:17 PM

He's the primer though....the firing pin. Remove that and everything else is safe.

I don’t trust any of them, they all seem to have a peculiar idea of what a Patriot is and a weird idea of the importance of god.

jumpstart - 2021-01-08 7:23 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-01-08 7:17 PM

I don’t trust any of them, they all seem to have a peculiar idea of what a Patriot is and a weird idea of the importance of god.

They've always been flag waving nationalists who like chanting silly slogans.....it's an American thing.

By 'patriotism' I mean devotion to a particular place and a particular way of life, which one believes to be the best in the world but has no wish to force upon other people. Patriotism is of its nature defensive, both militarily and culturally. Nationalism, on the other hand, is inseparable from the desire for power. The abiding purpose of every nationalist is to secure more power and more prestige, not for himself but for the nation or other unit in which he has chosen to sink his own individuality. George Orwell.

Col.Lee (later Confederate Gereral) when asked to take command of the US Federal Army to put down the rebellion of the states when it started , declined stating as a patriot his allegiance was to his country which was Virginia not to the Federal Government.

Archived