Vaccines,anyone..?

pepe63xnotuse

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-10 11:31 PM

Pelmethead, you must be so glad we left the EU so we could be *checks notes* 50% behind the EU in terms of vaccinations. ??

I see what your HATER graph did there :D .........

So for accuracy ;-) .........

The EU has 1.13% of folk with 2 jabs and the UK has 1.13% with 2 jabs >:-) ........

Now would you like to do a graph comparing those who have their 1st jab? (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Oh I forgot you like to see my workings :-> ..........

Wales.......0.09%

Scotland...0.2%

England....0.84%

total..........1.13%

BTW your HATER graph forgot about NI (?) .........

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2021-02-11 10:04 AM

Pelmethead, you must be so glad we left the EU so we could be *checks notes* 50% behind the EU in terms of vaccinations. ??

Now would you like to do a graph comparing those who have their 1st jab? (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

What would be the point of that ?

The subject of the graph is the number of people " fully vaccinated ".

There is plenty of info around about people who are only partially protected.

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-02-11 10:10 AM

Giggle (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Do der maffs Malc ;-) .........

UK is also beating the 27 with our 2 jabs as the HATER graph would prove if they included NI *-).........

I also note Yorkies HATER graph doesn't add up >:-) .........UK 0.76% (?) .........

I await my next forum maths lesson to explain how 1.13% becomes 0.76%? :-> .........

Considerably more people with some protection is favourable to considerably few people with full protection.

It only reduces the chance of you needing hospital treatment, you can still get covid.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2021-02-11 10:20 AM

Considerably more people with some protection is favourable to considerably few people with full protection.

It only reduces the chance of you needing hospital treatment, you can still get covid.

Being a sensible Brexiteer the sooner I get some protection the better B-) ............

Not that we'll be going out until we have both jabs ;-) ..........

Guest pelmetman

The EU has 1.13% of folk with 2 jabs and the UK has 1.13% with 2 jabs >:-) ........

Wales.......0.09%

Scotland...0.2%

England....0.84%

total..........1.13%

Coooee Yorkie?........Can you check my workings please :D ........

pelmetman - 2021-02-11 10:23 AM

Having both jabs doesn't mean you are allowed out - it just means you are less likely to be affected by the virus. You could still spread it.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-02-11 10:34 AM

pelmetman - 2021-02-11 10:23 AM

Having both jabs doesn't mean you are allowed out - it just means you are less likely to catch the virus.

It also means your less likely to end up in hospital B-) ..........the same applies to just 1 jab although with a reduced percentage ;-) ......

Talking of percentages :D ...........

Did I get my sums right? :-> .........and is the HATER graph WRONG? >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2021-02-11 10:38 AM

Did I get my sums right? :-> ...

......and is the HATER graph WRONG? >:-) .......

1) I'm very surprised THAT you have taken the risk OFdoing ANY more sums on the forum. I have TO admire your bravery.

2) I've not seen any " HATER " graphs on THE forum - so I don't know what you ARE referring to.

( With apologies to other members of the forum for all the unnecessary capital letters - I'm trying to make it easier for Dave to read ).

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-02-11 11:02 AM

1) I'm very surprised THAT you have taken the risk OFdoing ANY more sums on the forum. I have TO admire your bravery.

2) I've not seen any " HATER " graphs on THE forum - so I don't know what you ARE referring to.

( With apologies to other members of the forum for all the unnecessary capital letters - I'm trying to make it easier for Dave to read ).

;-)

Obviously you have missed the graph posted by that well known HATER CurtainRaiser ;-) ........

Seeing as you and others have picked up on my misplacing of a decimal point, I'm just checking that my workings for my percentage sums are correct? :-> ...........

Guest pelmetman

Wales.......0.09%

Scotland...0.2%

England....0.84%

total..........1.13%

Yorkie Bump :D ..........

pelmetman - 2021-02-11 11:12 AM

;-)

Obviously you have missed the graph posted by that well known HATER CurtainRaiser ;-) ........

Your posting misled me. You said there was a " HATER graph " - but there wasn't - that was a " VACCINATION graph "..

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-02-11 11:40 AM

pelmetman - 2021-02-11 11:12 AM

;-)

Your posting misled me. You said there was a " HATER graph " - but there wasn't - that was a " VACCINATION graph "..

A vaccination graph created by HATERS to spread LIES *-) ........

Why else does it say the UK has only had 76% of people with 2 jabs and not included NI? ;-) ........

I suspect Curtainraiser is feeling a bit of a Pr^t for not doing his sums (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Wales.......0.09%

Scotland...0.2%

England....0.84%

total..........1.13%

I see your workings, and you have failed 11+ maths, try again.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-02-11 12:16 PM

Wales.......0.09%

Scotland...0.2%

England....0.84%

total..........1.13%

Really? ;-) ........

What do you get when you add 0.09% + 0.2% + 0.84%? :D ..........

Or do I need a Diane Abbotcus to get the correct LOSER answer? (lol) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-02-11 12:32 PM

Wales.......0.09%

Scotland...0.2%

England....0.84%

total..........1.13%

Really? ;-) ........

Or do I need a Diane Abbotcus to get the correct LOSER answer? (lol) ...........

You quite obviously don't understand maths, you would make Diane Abbot proud. I'll give you a chance to work it out.

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-02-11 12:36 PM

Wales.......0.09%

Scotland...0.2%

England....0.84%

total..........1.13%

Really? ;-) ........

You quite obviously don't understand maths, you would make Diane Abbot proud. I'll give you a chance to work it out.

I understand pefectly how to add up ;-) ..........

It seems our resident LOSERS dont like the answers :D .........

How could a delay to the second vaccine dose affect the level of protection?

Vaccines don’t work immediately – the protection they give builds up over time. But, over a longer time, that protection may then fall again. So, for most vaccines, a second booster jab is given several weeks or months after the first. In general, a 12-week gap between doses would not be long enough for that initial protection to fade.

In fact, there are risks in having too short a gap between doses: it’s important to give the immune system time to fully react to the first dose so that it can then get maximum benefit from the second.

The clinical trials of the new coronavirus vaccines didn’t compare different dosing timescales. But, by looking at the details, we can get some indications.

The Oxford-AstraZeneca trial(opens in a new tab)

involved a range of gaps between doses, and the signs are that the participants who had a longer gap developed stronger immunity. But the numbers involved are small, and the trial wasn’t designed to test this comparison, so we need to be cautious with this data. It does suggest, though, that this vaccine follows the general pattern of giving better protection with a longer gap. Based on this, the UK decision, to aim at the high end of the recommended 4-12 week gap, is justified.

Wellcome Foundation report.

pelmetman - 2021-02-11 12:41 PM

Wales.......0.09%

Scotland...0.2%

England....0.84%

total..........1.13%

Really? ;-) ........

It seems you don't, Diane

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-02-11 12:47 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-11 12:41 PM

Wales.......0.09%

Scotland...0.2%

England....0.84%

total..........1.13%

Really? ;-) ........

It seems you don't, Diane

Can you show me the workings of your Abbotcus? ;-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2021-02-11 12:43 PM

How could a delay to the second vaccine dose affect the level of protection?

Vaccines don’t work immediately – the protection they give builds up over time. But, over a longer time, that protection may then fall again. So, for most vaccines, a second booster jab is given several weeks or months after the first. In general, a 12-week gap between doses would not be long enough for that initial protection to fade.

In fact, there are risks in having too short a gap between doses: it’s important to give the immune system time to fully react to the first dose so that it can then get maximum benefit from the second.

The clinical trials of the new coronavirus vaccines didn’t compare different dosing timescales. But, by looking at the details, we can get some indications.

The Oxford-AstraZeneca trial(opens in a new tab)

involved a range of gaps between doses, and the signs are that the participants who had a longer gap developed stronger immunity. But the numbers involved are small, and the trial wasn’t designed to test this comparison, so we need to be cautious with this data. It does suggest, though, that this vaccine follows the general pattern of giving better protection with a longer gap. Based on this, the UK decision, to aim at the high end of the recommended 4-12 week gap, is justified.

Wellcome Foundation report.

Oh dear .....Oh dear......Your gonna give our resident HATERS a heart attack posting evidence like that (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-02-11 12:49 PM

Of cause.

W times 0.09%=X

S times 0.2%= Y

E times 0.84%=Z

(X+Y+Z)/(W+S+E) = Answer

Now all you have to do is find the figures for W, S, and E. Simples

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2021-02-11 12:58 PM

Of cause.

W times 0.09%=X

S times 0.2%= Y

E times 0.84%=Z

(X+Y+Z)/(W+S+E) = Answer

I prefer this formula ;-) ..........

What is the formula for adding percentages?

Adding Percentages. Let us consider, Percentage 1 as 12 %, percentage 2 as 3 % and Real Value as 100. Total Percentage = 12 % + 3 % = 15 %. Total Value

https://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=E214GB1140G0&p=how+to+add+up+percentages

It gives the correct answer.......Not a load of LOSER baloney (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-02-11 1:02 PM

colin - 2021-02-11 12:58 PM

Of cause.

W times 0.09%=X

S times 0.2%= Y

E times 0.84%=Z

(X+Y+Z)/(W+S+E) = Answer

I prefer this formula ;-) ..........

What is the formula for adding percentages?

Adding Percentages. Let us consider, Percentage 1 as 12 %, percentage 2 as 3 % and Real Value as 100. Total Percentage = 12 % + 3 % = 15 %. Total Value

https://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=E214GB1140G0&p=how+to+add+up+percentages

It gives the correct answer.......Not a load of LOSER baloney (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Wrong again Diane, you haven't understood what you have asked or the answer you have been given, you are turning into a complete Whiner.

pelmetman - 2021-02-11 12:52 PM........................Oh dear .....Oh dear......Your gonna give our resident HATERS a heart attack posting evidence like that (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Who are these "haters", whose minds tell them that anyone who doesn't agree with them is some kind of enemy, who all march in lock step to the same tune, and bow down before the same Gods, false or otherwise? Who is it that is so paranoid they see the world as against them? "Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me"?? And all because of a bit of relatively good news. Take a break Dave, you'll soon feel better.

Archived