Vaccines,anyone..?

pepe63xnotuse

jumpstart - 2021-02-01 4:58 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-02-01 3:24 PM

jumpstart - 2021-02-01 1:04 PM

I know two different care homes where over 90's still have not had the jab.

Citation needed on that which would at least give some credibility! Without it, it's meaningless.

Not sure what i can add , i know two people over 90 who are in different care homes who have not yet had the first jab.

There may be a medical reason you're unaware of, as an example Captain Sir Tom Moore who is sadly in hospital after testing positive with Covid couldn't receive the vaccine as he had been treated for pneumonia just prior to it.

A relative who is 86 had her first jab 12th December and her final on New Years day. All care home patients and staff were priority with over 80's so there has to be a reason why the two people you know haven't received theirs.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2021-02-01 5:17 PM

Citation needed on that which would at least give some credibility! Without it, it's meaningless.

Not sure what i can add , i know two people over 90 who are in different care homes who have not yet had the first jab.

There may be a medical reason you're unaware of, as an example Captain Sir Tom Moore who is sadly in hospital after testing positive with Covid couldn't receive the vaccine as he had been treated for pneumonia just prior to it.

A relative who is 86 had her first jab 12th December and her final on New Years day. All care home patients and staff were priority with over 80's so there has to be a reason why the two people you know haven't received theirs.

That is a valid point though in one of the carehomes all 14 haven't had jabs yet and half have covid but with mild symptoms.

jumpstart - 2021-02-01 5:30 PM

That is a valid point though in one of the carehomes all 14 haven't had jabs yet and half have covid but with mild symptoms.

There must be a reason. Why not ask the care home Manager and if you can't, then contact your local newspaper about it. I'm sure they'd be interested.

Bulletguy - 2021-02-01 5:43 PM

jumpstart - 2021-02-01 5:30 PM

There must be a reason. Why not ask the care home Manager and if you can't, then contact your local newspaper about it. I'm sure they'd be interested.

The person in there is a parent of a family member who is an administrator in NHS and she doesn't know why.

Bulletguy - 2021-02-01 3:19 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-01 8:47 AM

Bulletguy - 2021-01-31 3:29 PM

pelmetman - 2021-01-31 8:52 AM

Bulletguy - 2021-01-30 9:05 PM

I'm not and I don't because you haven't......but you have killed 105,571 as at Saturday 30 January 2021 at 4:00pm, the highest Covid mortality in Europe and only just below that of India, the second most populous country in the world with 1.2 billion citizens.

Typical FATUOUS LOSER LIES *-) ...........

I suggest you Google the diffenece between folk who have died "With" the virus and those who have died "Of" the virus :-| ..........

Then stick your angry LOSER Head up yer arse :D ...........

As you may as well put your gob in the same place that you spout your LOSER sh*te from (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

That's confirmed by your mates government link Motormouth gobsh1te Covid denier. *-)

The figures will be higher when it's updated on Monday. https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

You left this bit out Bulletsh*t ;-) ...........

"Number of deaths of people whose death certificate mentioned COVID-19 as one of the causes."

Which means that Chinky Flu may or may not have been the cause of death :-| ............

Also there is no such thing as "Chinky Flu". You probably think using it makes you look edgy or something....it doesn't.

It makes you look extremely childish and the sort of term Covid DENIERS use. STOP trying to downplay such a serious matter that's

I think Dave may have been coached in debating skills by Donald Trump.

Have you noticed they both use the term " Chinky Flu " , instead of COVID

....,and they both call anyone who disagrees with them " LOSERS " when ' debating ' on social media.

;-)

malc d - 2021-02-01 6:33 PM

I'm not and I don't because you haven't......but you have killed 105,571 as at Saturday 30 January 2021 at 4:00pm, the highest Covid mortality in Europe and only just below that of India, the second most populous country in the world with 1.2 billion citizens.

I suggest you Google the diffenece between folk who have died "With" the virus and those who have died "Of" the virus :-| ..........

As you may as well put your gob in the same place that you spout your LOSER sh*te from (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

That's confirmed by your mates government link Motormouth gobsh1te Covid denier. *-)

The figures will be higher when it's updated on Monday. https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

"Number of deaths of people whose death certificate mentioned COVID-19 as one of the causes."

Which means that Chinky Flu may or may not have been the cause of death :-| ............

Also there is no such thing as "Chinky Flu". You probably think using it makes you look edgy or something....it doesn't.

It makes you look extremely childish and the sort of term Covid DENIERS use. STOP trying to downplay such a serious matter that's

....,and they both call anyone who disagrees with them " LOSERS " when ' debating ' on social media.

;-)

Yes though I think Chump referred to it as "the China virus" early on until some of his aides (those with any backbone that is) pointed out to him he was potentially offending a heck of a lot of Chinese-American nationals, some of whom were possibly Republicans. Pelmet and his boyfriend indulge the same terminology.....often referencing fm's they disagree with as "the squad", another Trumpism. It's a cult and those two are joined at the hip cult followers. Quite sad when you consider both are *supposedly* adult men. :-|

jumpstart - 2021-02-01 8:32 PM

This report appears to show why they haven't been vaccinated.

Sky News: COVID-19: Every care home resident in England has been offered a coronavirus jab.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-every-care-home-resident-in-england-has-been-offered-a-coronavirus-jab-12204997

Which begs the question, why are those care home people with Covid being kept there stopping the others being vaccinated? After all, this was what these amazing Nightingale "hospitals" were supposed to be dealing with. Great idea....shame government didn't realise they couldn't be adequately staffed to run.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-02-01 11:07 AM

pelmetman - 2021-02-01 9:20 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-01 9:07 AM

pelmetman - 2021-02-01 8:50 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-01 1:10 AM

pelmetman - 2021-01-31 9:05 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-31 9:00 AM

Whilst we're busy celebrating the success of "our" scientists, we need to be careful that we don't put all our eggs in one basket. The AstraZeneca is a adenovirus vector vaccines and they become less effective with successive doses, and aren't a good long-term option for keeping up with new variants.

To keep ahead of the curve the UK must invest in manufacturing capacity for mRNA Pfizer etc and especially protein-based vaccines like Novavax, the plant on Teesside is just a start.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/28/health/covid-vaccine-novavax-south-africa.html

How many different vaccines has Boris ordered compared to the EU? :D ..........

How many people have died because of the actions of your beloved Doris?

Remember the start?

Remind me again, who is the honourable member for Newmarket? Matt Hancock isn't it?

And who sits on the board of the Jockey Club? Dido Harding perhaps?

How many WILL die because of the LACK of action by the EU in obtaining vaccine? 8-) .........

I like your thinking, Doris is a really good fireman because as a arsonist he set hundreds of fires, he then managed to put some of them out.

Sadly he is now in a corner, the scientists are saying that in order to prevent outbreaks running wild elsewhere in the world together with a massive number of variants, some of which the vaccine may be ineffective against, he needs to give "our" vaccines away before the whole UK population is vaccinated, and that's going to upset you gammonata.

You're confusing us NICE Brexiteers with your NASTY EU chums ;-) .........

I don't have a problem with Brexit Blighty helping those poor countries that need our help B-) ........

BTW....I hear that Boris has hit his target of offering everyone in a care home a jab :-D .........

Well there are a lot less of them now seeing as in round one he sent Russian roulette untested patients from hospital to care homes.

Yet more Barry Fake News *-) .............

Boris did not send untested patients too care homes........The NHS did :-| .........

Guest pelmetman

;-)

Wrong Malc...........I honed my debaiting skills in Chatterbox :D ............

You've taught me well (lol) ...........

Bulletguy - 2021-02-01 9:07 PM

Sky News: COVID-19: Every care home resident in England has been offered a coronavirus jab.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-every-care-home-resident-in-england-has-been-offered-a-coronavirus-jab-12204997

Which begs the question, why are those care home people with Covid being kept there stopping the others being vaccinated? After all, this was what these amazing Nightingale "hospitals" were supposed to be dealing with. Great idea....shame government didn't realise they couldn't be adequately staffed to run.

As people being vaccinated are not tested for covid i don't see why this should stop it in a care home.

pelmetman - 2021-02-02 9:56 AM

Whilst we're busy celebrating the success of "our" scientists, we need to be careful that we don't put all our eggs in one basket. The AstraZeneca is a adenovirus vector vaccines and they become less effective with successive doses, and aren't a good long-term option for keeping up with new variants.

To keep ahead of the curve the UK must invest in manufacturing capacity for mRNA Pfizer etc and especially protein-based vaccines like Novavax, the plant on Teesside is just a start.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/28/health/covid-vaccine-novavax-south-africa.html

Remember the start?

Remind me again, who is the honourable member for Newmarket? Matt Hancock isn't it?

How many WILL die because of the LACK of action by the EU in obtaining vaccine? 8-) .........

I like your thinking, Doris is a really good fireman because as a arsonist he set hundreds of fires, he then managed to put some of them out.

Sadly he is now in a corner, the scientists are saying that in order to prevent outbreaks running wild elsewhere in the world together with a massive number of variants, some of which the vaccine may be ineffective against, he needs to give "our" vaccines away before the whole UK population is vaccinated, and that's going to upset you gammonata.

I don't have a problem with Brexit Blighty helping those poor countries that need our help B-) ........

BTW....I hear that Boris has hit his target of offering everyone in a care home a jab :-D .........

Well there are a lot less of them now seeing as in round one he sent Russian roulette untested patients from hospital to care homes.

Boris did not send untested patients too care homes........The NHS did :-| .........

LOL!

On 2 April, the government reiterated in new guidance that “any care home resident presenting with symptoms of COVID-19 should be promptly isolated” but specified that “negative tests are not required prior to transfers / admissions into the care home.”

https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-care-homes-discharge/

The government makes the laws. The government allowed this to happen. It could have been prevented by the swish of a pen.

;-)

Its openly racist. Its no better than calling it Nigga Flu had it come from Nigeria. Thats the level Pelmet is at though.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-02-02 10:44 AM

Remember the start?

LOL!

On 2 April, the government reiterated in new guidance that “any care home resident presenting with symptoms of COVID-19 should be promptly isolated” but specified that “negative tests are not required prior to transfers / admissions into the care home.”

The government makes the laws. The government allowed this to happen. It could have been prevented by the swish of a pen.

A mistake that was rectified in days by a swish of a pen ;-) ...........

"This was the situation up to 15 April, when the government published its adult social care action plan which said that trusts would need to test all patients prior to being discharged and admitted into a care home."

But I guess that point doesn't fit in with your Boris bashing agenda *-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-02-02 10:46 AM

;-)

Its openly racist. Its no better than calling it Nigga Flu had it come from Nigeria. Thats the level Pelmet is at though.

So would you LOSERS call the Spanish Flu racist? >:-) ............

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2021-02-02 10:38 AM

Bulletguy - 2021-02-01 9:07 PM

As people being vaccinated are not tested for covid i don't see why this should stop it in a care home.

The biggest problem in care homes is staff who are refusing to be vacinated 8-) ...........

Guest pelmetman

Oh dear oh dear :D ...........

"Results that show the Oxford-AstraZenenca vaccine may reduce the spread of coronavirus have been hailed as "absolutely superb" by the health secretary.

Matt Hancock said the study shows "vaccines are the way out of this pandemic".

It is the first time a vaccine has been shown to reduce transmission of the virus.

The UK has given a first Covid jab to 9.6 million people so far."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55913913

Our government being proved right AGAIN will annoy the hell out of our resident Boris bashers (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

pelmetman - 2021-02-03 9:22 AM

"Results that show the Oxford-AstraZenenca vaccine may reduce the spread of coronavirus have been hailed as "absolutely superb" by the health secretary.

It is the first time a vaccine has been shown to reduce transmission of the virus.

Our government being proved right AGAIN will annoy the hell out of our resident Boris bashers (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

LOL! WTF has any of it got to do with our government? The one success story of Covid and they had nothing to do with it. Thankfully its been rolled out by our NHS also and not one of the Tory parties private spivs. Track and Trace anyone? PPE? Smart phone apps? (lol)

pelmetman - 2021-02-03 9:15 AM

Barryd999 - 2021-02-02 10:46 AM

;-)

So would you LOSERS call the Spanish Flu racist? >:-) ............

If you cant tell the difference then there is no hope for you. You also have the British Virus now which thanks to that massive numbers of infections that were allowed to run rife here due to incompetence has been allowed to mutate into something much more contagious.

pelmetman - 2021-02-03 9:14 AM

Barryd999 - 2021-02-02 10:44 AM

Remember the start?

LOL!

A mistake that was rectified in days by a swish of a pen ;-) ...........

"This was the situation up to 15 April, when the government published its adult social care action plan which said that trusts would need to test all patients prior to being discharged and admitted into a care home."

But I guess that point doesn't fit in with your Boris bashing agenda *-) ...........

Stable door an all that. Makes no difference that it was rectified. The damage was done.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-02-03 10:16 AM

LOL! WTF has any of it got to do with our government? The one success story of Covid and they had nothing to do with it. Thankfully its been rolled out by our NHS also and not one of the Tory parties private spivs. Track and Trace anyone? PPE? Smart phone apps? (lol)

You keep ignoring the FACT that it was Boris and his government that invested in the Oxford jab ;-) ........

It was also Boris and his government who decided to give everyone a first dose, which is proving to be a wise decision despite all your doomongering B-) ..........

BTW...........How are your EU mates doing? >:-) ..........

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-02-03 10:25 AM

You keep ignoring the FACT that it was Boris and his government that invested in the Oxford jab ;-) ........

It was also Boris and his government who decided to give everyone a first dose, which is proving to be a wise decision despite all your doomongering B-) ..........

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Let's revisit this meme.

Remember that Japan has twice the population of the UK.

Updated figures now Japan 5,952 UK 108,000.

So in the last week, the death toll under Doris's management is more than the total Japanese rate, which in the week has increased by just 794.

FB_IMG_1612025044382.jpg.d67b2c08e05f7ee3721ba6c18ee71c3f.jpg

pelmetman - 2021-02-03 10:25 AM............................................You keep ignoring the FACT that it was Boris and his government that invested in the Oxford jab ;-) ........

BTW...........How are your EU mates doing? >:-) ....................

True, but to that needs to be added that development of the Oxford "jab" was underway at Oxford's Nuffield Department of Medicine from 30 January 2020, when they awarded £1 million of their own money to develop an experimental vaccine formulated by Professor Sarah Gilbert, and on 30 April had teamed up with AstraZenica to take forward the manufacturing process, culminating in an agreement two weeks later with the UK government to supply 100m doses. It is worth remembering that Boris was still denying the virus was a threat, when the Oxford team started, and caught Covid himself at the end of march after ignoring his own governments warnings.

So claiming this as a great victory for Boris is about as justified as awarding a marksman's certificate to some one who fires a 12bore at a target 20 feet away and gets one pellet on! Its that zealot grime again! :-D Yes, they eventually made some very good decisions about vaccine supply, but that hardly compensates for the dither, delay, and failure to recognise what was staring them in the face for weeks while Rome burned.

So with apologies to Burns:

Oh wad some powr the giftie gie Dave,

to see truth through lenses unencumbr'd,

It wad frae mony a blunder free him,

An' foolish notion:

What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e him,

An' ev'n devotion!! :-D

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-03 12:49 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-03 10:25 AM

Let's revisit this meme.

Remember that Japan has twice the population of the UK.

Updated figures now Japan 5,952 UK 108,000.

So in the last week, the death toll under Doris's management is more than the total Japanese rate, which in the week has increased by just 794.

It doesn't show diet.

There is a reason some people die and others don't. It depends on your immune system,not whether you youjust have the virus.

jumpstart - 2021-02-03 1:49 PM

It doesn't show diet.

There is a reason some people die and others don't. It depends on your immune system,not whether you youjust have the virus.

Really? You are going to put the difference in those mortality figures to gut probiotics and how good your T cells are?

You don't think it might be down to the fact that they lockdowned hard at the start, had a effective test and trace system etc etc?

Archived