Vaccines,anyone..?

pepe63xnotuse

Barryd999 - 2021-01-29 6:23 PM

pelmetman - 2021-01-29 5:43 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-28 12:15 PM

pelmetman - 2021-01-28 8:42 AM

The point is how are they doing compared to ?.........

Taiwan: 7 (pop 24 million)

Japan: 5,200 (pop 128 million)

S Korea: 1, 400 (pop 51 million)

Australia: 909 (pop 26 million)

NZ: 25 (pop 5.2 million)

Just askin ;-) ..........

So you are calling out Ireland for being worse than countries currently enjoying their summers and who have been able to control the spread.

I'm guessing that you are happy that England has scored more deaths by a factor of three, you being obsessed with winning and all that?

I'm guessing you missed my BBC link ;-) ........

Prof Sir David Spiegelhalter from Cambridge University has said trying to rank different countries to decide which is the worst in Europe is a "completely fatuous exercise".

https://www.bbc.com/news/52311014

Seems to me the Fatuous cap suits you Paddy >:-) ..........

You should probably stop quoting him because from your own link it shows that the deaths are probably undercounted in the UK. Sir David has long spoken out on how the Tories have miscounted or fudged the figures on everything from PPE to Deaths.

https://www.conservativehome.com/video/2020/05/watch-professor-attacks-governments-communication-of-covid-19-statistics.html

Pelmet shooting himself in the foot is what we're all used to.....then when pointed out to him, tries deflecting or shouting 'lefty loser liberal communists' and digging himself into a bigger hole. *-)

Spiegelhalter makes a few interesting comments Pelmet 'forgot' to include. ;-) referring to "the bad countries in Europe: UK, Belgium, France, Spain, Italy" and said "clearly it's important to note that group is way above, in terms of their mortality, a group like Germany, Austria, Portugal, Denmark, Norway, who have low fatality rates."

France and Germany, for example, have been including deaths in care homes in the headline numbers they produce every day.

But the daily figures for England referred only to deaths in hospitals until 29 April, when they started factoring in deaths in care homes as well.

Both Germany and South Korea have had far fewer deaths than the worst affected countries. Germany and South Korea tested aggressively very early on, and learned a lot more about how the virus was spreading.

Now Pelmets Germanophobia would have blindsided that along with the embedded link in the same article;

Coronavirus: What can the UK learn from Germany on testing?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52234061

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2021-01-29 6:46 PM

So you are calling out Ireland for being worse than countries currently enjoying their summers and who have been able to control the spread.

I'm guessing that you are happy that England has scored more deaths by a factor of three, you being obsessed with winning and all that?

Prof Sir David Spiegelhalter from Cambridge University has said trying to rank different countries to decide which is the worst in Europe is a "completely fatuous exercise".

You should probably stop quoting him because from your own link it shows that the deaths are probably undercounted in the UK. Sir David has long spoken out on how the Tories have miscounted or fudged the figures on everything from PPE to Deaths.

https://www.conservativehome.com/video/2020/05/watch-professor-attacks-governments-communication-of-covid-19-statistics.html

Pelmet shooting himself in the foot is what we're all used to.....then when pointed out to him, tries deflecting or shouting 'lefty loser liberal communists' and digging himself into a bigger hole. *-)

Spiegelhalter makes a few interesting comments Pelmet 'forgot' to include. ;-) referring to "the bad countries in Europe: UK, Belgium, France, Spain, Italy" and said "clearly it's important to note that group is way above, in terms of their mortality, a group like Germany, Austria, Portugal, Denmark, Norway, who have low fatality rates."

France and Germany, for example, have been including deaths in care homes in the headline numbers they produce every day.

But the daily figures for England referred only to deaths in hospitals until 29 April, when they started factoring in deaths in care homes as well.

Both Germany and South Korea have had far fewer deaths than the worst affected countries. Germany and South Korea tested aggressively very early on, and learned a lot more about how the virus was spreading.

Now Pelmets Germanophobia would have blindsided that along with the embedded link in the same article;

Its almost pointless trying to engage with him. We all could be dead and he could be the last man standing and he would still be shouting about how great Johnson and Brexit is. Its just a lost cause. Sadly its not just him. Great swathes of the country and sadly the government and media are just constantly frothing out nationalist propaganda, constantly shooting bile and hate towards anything thats not Ingeeerlandish.

Right when we need cooperation and unity they are just relishing hatred of anything Johnny Foreigner.

I saw this the other day. I fear this is what we have become and are now ruled by. Pelmets got his wish it seems.

775865672_Toryfarrightpolicy(Custom)(1).jpg.4788f0b309db0f562d324064133dfdcb.jpg

Barryd999 - 2021-01-29 9:44 PM

Its almost pointless trying to engage with him. We all could be dead and he could be the last man standing and he would still be shouting about how great Johnson and Brexit is. Its just a lost cause. Sadly its not just him. Great swathes of the country and sadly the government and media are just constantly frothing out nationalist propaganda, constantly shooting bile and hate towards anything thats not Ingeeerlandish.

Right when we need cooperation and unity they are just relishing hatred of anything Johnny Foreigner.

I saw this the other day. I fear this is what we have become and are now ruled by. Pelmets got his wish it seems.

He's a fake, a pretender, a hypocrite who spouts his silly nationalistic nonsense then runs off to spend half the year sitting in an old van on a carpark in Spain. If he was a true patriot he'd holiday ONLY in this country but the bloke is a four faced lying hypocrite.

Wait till he's faced with needing life saving surgery and the surgeon has the 'wrong' colour skin. Wimpy will be pleading with him to save his wretched life. His day of reckoning and judgement will come though, and will hit very hard.

Guest pelmetman

What can the UK learn from Germany on vaccinating? (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

I see you are going to get your jab soon ;-) .........

There's no need to thank us Brexiteers and Boris for saving your misrable LOSER life >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-01-30 9:07 AM

What can the UK learn from Germany on vaccinating? (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

Yes you linked and excellent article which shot you down in flame and included an embedded link with the header you've just quoted. Typically you never read either article which is why you're so thick and stupid.

There's no need to thank us Brexiteers and Boris for saving your misrable LOSER life >:-) .........

I'm not and I don't because you haven't......but you have killed 105,571 as at Saturday 30 January 2021 at 4:00pm, the highest Covid mortality in Europe and only just below that of India, the second most populous country in the world with 1.2 billion citizens.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2021-01-30 9:05 PM

pelmetman - 2021-01-30 9:07 AM

Yes you linked and excellent article which shot you down in flame and included an embedded link with the header you've just quoted. Typically you never read either article which is why you're so thick and stupid.

Giggle :D ..........So how many vaccinations have Germany carried out? >:-) ...........

Guest pelmetman

I'm not and I don't because you haven't......but you have killed 105,571 as at Saturday 30 January 2021 at 4:00pm, the highest Covid mortality in Europe and only just below that of India, the second most populous country in the world with 1.2 billion citizens.

Typical FATUOUS LOSER LIES *-) ...........

I suggest you Google the diffenece between folk who have died "With" the virus and those who have died "Of" the virus :-| ..........

Then stick your angry LOSER Head up yer arse :D ...........

As you may as well put your gob in the same place that you spout your LOSER sh*te from (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Whilst we're busy celebrating the success of "our" scientists, we need to be careful that we don't put all our eggs in one basket. The AstraZeneca is a adenovirus vector vaccines and they become less effective with successive doses, and aren't a good long-term option for keeping up with new variants.

To keep ahead of the curve the UK must invest in manufacturing capacity for mRNA Pfizer etc and especially protein-based vaccines like Novavax, the plant on Teesside is just a start.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/28/health/covid-vaccine-novavax-south-africa.html

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-31 9:00 AM

Whilst we're busy celebrating the success of "our" scientists, we need to be careful that we don't put all our eggs in one basket. The AstraZeneca is a adenovirus vector vaccines and they become less effective with successive doses, and aren't a good long-term option for keeping up with new variants.

To keep ahead of the curve the UK must invest in manufacturing capacity for mRNA Pfizer etc and especially protein-based vaccines like Novavax, the plant on Teesside is just a start.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/28/health/covid-vaccine-novavax-south-africa.html

How many different vaccines has Boris ordered compared to the EU? :D ..........

pelmetman - 2021-01-31 8:52 AM

I suggest you Google the diffenece between folk who have died "With" the virus and those who have died "Of" the virus :-| ..........

As you may as well put your gob in the same place that you spout your LOSER sh*te from (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

That's confirmed by your mates government link Motormouth gobsh1te Covid denier. *-)

The figures will be higher when it's updated on Monday. https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

1615905119_UKGov.JPG.8540eefabf0337431fc04c639e867731.JPG

Imperial College have gone down this route with not going further with their trials but developing vaccine to better cope with variants of the virus.

pelmetman - 2021-01-31 9:05 AM

How many people have died because of the actions of your beloved Doris?

Remember the start?

Remind me again, who is the honourable member for Newmarket? Matt Hancock isn't it?

And who sits on the board of the Jockey Club? Dido Harding perhaps?

FB_IMG_1612141614119.thumb.jpg.825275af2ed50bb6d4ef75e4deed01ec.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2021-01-31 3:29 PM

That's confirmed by your mates government link Motormouth gobsh1te Covid denier. *-)

The figures will be higher when it's updated on Monday. https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

You left this bit out Bulletsh*t ;-) ...........

"Number of deaths of people whose death certificate mentioned COVID-19 as one of the causes."

Which means that Chinky Flu may or may not have been the cause of death :-| ............

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-01 1:10 AM

Remember the start?

Remind me again, who is the honourable member for Newmarket? Matt Hancock isn't it?

How many WILL die because of the LACK of action by the EU in obtaining vaccine? 8-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-02-01 8:50 AM

Remember the start?

How many WILL die because of the LACK of action by the EU in obtaining vaccine? 8-) .........

I like your thinking, Doris is a really good fireman because as a arsonist he set hundreds of fires, he then managed to put some of them out.

Sadly he is now in a corner, the scientists are saying that in order to prevent outbreaks running wild elsewhere in the world together with a massive number of variants, some of which the vaccine may be ineffective against, he needs to give "our" vaccines away before the whole UK population is vaccinated, and that's going to upset you gammonata.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-01 9:07 AM

Remember the start?

I like your thinking, Doris is a really good fireman because as a arsonist he set hundreds of fires, he then managed to put some of them out.

Sadly he is now in a corner, the scientists are saying that in order to prevent outbreaks running wild elsewhere in the world together with a massive number of variants, some of which the vaccine may be ineffective against, he needs to give "our" vaccines away before the whole UK population is vaccinated, and that's going to upset you gammonata.

You're confusing us NICE Brexiteers with your NASTY EU chums ;-) .........

I don't have a problem with Brexit Blighty helping those poor countries that need our help B-) ........

BTW....I hear that Boris has hit his target of offering everyone in a care home a jab :-D .........

pelmetman - 2021-02-01 9:20 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-01 9:07 AM

Remember the start?

You're confusing us NICE Brexiteers with your NASTY EU chums ;-) .........

I don't have a problem with Brexit Blighty helping those poor countries that need our help B-) ........

BTW....I hear that Boris has hit his target of offering everyone in a care home a jab :-D .........

Well there are a lot less of them now seeing as in round one he sent Russian roulette untested patients from hospital to care homes.

pelmetman - 2021-02-01 8:47 AM

Bulletguy - 2021-01-31 3:29 PM

You left this bit out Bulletsh*t ;-) ...........

"Number of deaths of people whose death certificate mentioned COVID-19 as one of the causes."

Which means that Chinky Flu may or may not have been the cause of death :-| ............

I left NOTHING out as there is a government link on the post. If you don't like what you see then complain to Downing street.

Also there is no such thing as "Chinky Flu". You probably think using it makes you look edgy or something....it doesn't. It makes you look extremely childish and the sort of term Covid DENIERS use. STOP trying to downplay such a serious matter that's affected millions of lives.

Meantime here is a little reading idiots like you would do well to heed.

Covid denier tells nurse ‘I wish I’d listened. I didn’t believe it was real’

https://tinyurl.com/y4gn6zyw

Bulletguy - 2021-02-01 3:24 PM

jumpstart - 2021-02-01 1:04 PM

I know two different care homes where over 90's still have not had the jab.

Citation needed on that which would at least give some credibility! Without it, it's meaningless.

Not sure what i can add , i know two people over 90 who are in different care homes who have not yet had the first jab.

Archived