Vaccines,anyone..?

pepe63xnotuse

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jumpstart - 2021-02-04 8:53 PM

Staggering...

The Guardian: A quarter of people in France, Germany and the US may refuse Covid vaccine.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/04/covid-vaccine-refuse-france-germany-us-quarter

They obviously won't need much vaccine then.

I've noticed that on almost all news broadcasts the journalists only ask for experts opinions on why people are refusing to have the jab.

The journalists hardly ever ( if ever ) ask the people themselves - I would have thought that was the best way to find out the reasons.

:-|

This is what you call leadership, acknowledging a mistake has been made and identify the route to rectify it. And all openly and transparently.

"After hearings with Ursula von der Leyen and Thierry Breton and an in-depth analysis of the EU-AstraZeneca contract, my take on what went wrong in the launch of the EU vaccination program ??

This shouldn't be happening. The EU is world leader in the production of vaccines. 76% of the total annual production of vaccines world-wide (nearly 3 billion doses) comes from within the EU. How is it possible that today, more than one month after the launch of the vaccination programmes, Europe is lagging behind? We haven't nearly the roll-out of the US or the UK. Some countries are halting before they even gained traction. We even see a diplomatic disaster in the Balkans where countries are looking to China and Russia for help.

There's two reasons, I think. First, unbalanced contracts, concentrated on price and liabilities instead of supply and speed; and second not using the emergency procedures inside the European Medicines Agency, thereby losing for every approved vaccine one month of precious time to roll out.

Let’s fix this now. We count on Thierry Breton for this. Reassessing the existing contracts. From loose goals and approximate objectives to binding commitments. Speeding up the EMA approval of the next bath of vaccines. And engaging the huge European production capabilities to cover the existing gaps in speed and supply.

As often, the EU is not the problem, but the solution !"

Guy Verhofstadt

jumpstart - 2021-02-05 12:58 PM

Daily Mail: Ursula von der Leyen accidentally SUPPORTS Brexit while apologising for EU vaccine shambles.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9227551/Ursula-von-der-Leyen-accidentally-SUPPORTS-Brexit-apologising-EU-vaccine-shambles.html

I'm surprised at you posting that as it's exactly the sort of garbage Pelmet falls for! Brexit has absolutely nothing to do with us achieving the vaccine rollout .......but the EU certainly has, along with the NHS and the vaccine force. This has been posted before but Brexiteers obviously don't understand it.

Dr June Raine(Boss, MHRA) - “We’ve been able to authorise supply of this vaccine using provisions under European law which exist until January 1st.”

Guest pelmetman

Daily Mail: Ursula von der Leyen accidentally SUPPORTS Brexit while apologising for EU vaccine shambles.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9227551/Ursula-von-der-Leyen-accidentally-SUPPORTS-Brexit-apologising-EU-vaccine-shambles.html

Naughty Jumpstart :D .........

You'll give our LOSERS a ulcer posting stuff like that (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Gut ,diet ,immune system....Covid research.

There’s a large body of research suggesting that the human gut microbiome plays an integral role in our immune and overall health. Through our PREDICT program of research, we’ve discovered that each of us has a unique gut microbiome, which is directly impacted by what we eat.

What does my gut friendly diet score mean?

Your personalised GFD score indicates the ratio of gut 'friendly' to gut 'unfriendly' foods in diet before and during the pandemic, based on survey responses. A better score suggests that you have a balanced diet containing more gut 'friendly' foods (e.g. fruits, vegetables, beans, fermented foods), which are associated with a higher number and diversity of 'healthy' gut microbes.

A lower score suggests that your diet lacks enough ‘gut friendly’ foods, which may not support the growth of 'healthy' gut microbes. Your diet might also include higher amounts of gut ‘unfriendly’ foods (e.g. fast foods, sweet treats, and red meat).

This score provides an estimate of your gut health based on an understanding of the types of foods that are linked to a healthier gut microbiome

jumpstart - 2021-02-05 4:28 PM

New Atlas: Poor diet in childhood may have lasting effects on gut microbiome.

https://newatlas.com/science/poor-diet-childhood-lingering-effects-gut-microbiome/

Well i never....

But that says that if you didn't have that good diet during your formative years it's too late now to address it. So we all might as well eat, drink and be merry.....

jumpstart - 2021-02-04 7:52 PM

teflon2 - 2021-02-04 7:36 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-02-04 5:34 PM

jumpstart - 2021-02-04 4:06 PM...............................Brians point is inaccurate because lots of people have underlying health problems without realising it so haven't been to hospital. When they get covid it then becomes a problem........................

What I actually said was "If someone who has multiple health problems and is admitted to hospital diagnosed with Covid and they die, what is the actual cause of their death? They weren't in hospital before they got Covid, were they? So their other problems didn't hospitalise them, did they? Likely actual cause of death?"

It wasn't quite the same point (though I'll admit it could have been better phrased! :-)). The point I was wanting to make was that if someone with multiple health problems is diagnosed with Covid, is admitted to hospital, and subsequently dies, and was not admitted because of the other health problems, Covid would be the most likely cause of their death.

For their other problems to be so mild that they had remained unaware of them, it seems they must have been very mild indeed. So far as I am aware, although the other problems may have contributed to their eventual death, the main reason they died will surely nave been Covid? For instance, an undiagnosed kidney infection might well be exacerbated by Covid, but could readily have been treated in the absence of Covid. It would seem illogical to then attribute death to the kidney infection, and not to Covid. Is that unfair?

Just a point , the nurse that gave me my anti pneumonia injection said that while it would not help with covid19 it would prevent me having to be hospitalised as I would only develop minor or no pneumonia symptoms and pneumonia is what most covid patients die of.

There is viral pneumonia and bacterial pneumonia and many different sorts of both.

The jab you had would’nt necessarily protect against a pneumonia when your immune system or other organs are damaged and collapse. But there again maybe you’ll be lucky.[/quote

The pneumonia vaccination works on 90% of the 23 recognised varieties of pneumonia.

pelmetman - 2021-02-05 4:59 PM

You'll give our LOSERS a ulcer posting stuff like that (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Only in your world, Dave, can 16,141,241 people share a single ulcer! :-D And yet, you seem to think you can convince us that you have valid points of view! :-D With an expert like you as a guide, we are surely doomed! :-D

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-04 7:56 PM

jumpstart - 2021-02-04 4:06 PM...............................Brians point is inaccurate because lots of people have underlying health problems without realising it so haven't been to hospital. When they get covid it then becomes a problem........................

What I actually said was "If someone who has multiple health problems and is admitted to hospital diagnosed with Covid and they die, what is the actual cause of their death? They weren't in hospital before they got Covid, were they? So their other problems didn't hospitalise them, did they? Likely actual cause of death?"

It wasn't quite the same point (though I'll admit it could have been better phrased! :-)). The point I was wanting to make was that if someone with multiple health problems is diagnosed with Covid, is admitted to hospital, and subsequently dies, and was not admitted because of the other health problems, Covid would be the most likely cause of their death.

For their other problems to be so mild that they had remained unaware of them, it seems they must have been very mild indeed. So far as I am aware, although the other problems may have contributed to their eventual death, the main reason they died will surely nave been Covid? For instance, an undiagnosed kidney infection might well be exacerbated by Covid, but could readily have been treated in the absence of Covid. It would seem illogical to then attribute death to the kidney infection, and not to Covid. Is that unfair?

Just a point , the nurse that gave me my anti pneumonia injection said that while it would not help with covid19 it would prevent me having to be hospitalised as I would only develop minor or no pneumonia symptoms and pneumonia is what most covid patients die of.

She is giving you a somewhat simplistic explanation, probably to provide you with reassurance, she should have perhaps added the caveat that it' is what most older patients die of. Across the wider population Covid deaths are from a large range of complications not just pneumonia.

She was giving me an explanation as I am 79 and considered to be at risk. I never stated that only pneumonia was a sole cause of death.

teflon2 - 2021-02-05 6:22 PM

jumpstart - 2021-02-04 7:52 PM

There is viral pneumonia and bacterial pneumonia and many different sorts of both.

The jab you had would’nt necessarily protect against a pneumonia when your immune system or other organs are damaged and collapse. But there again maybe you’ll be lucky.[/quote

The pneumonia vaccination works on 90% of the 23 recognised varieties of pneumonia.

Having looked in to this a bit more there does seem to be some evidence that it could be helpful against covid. If youve got time read this....

https://theconversation.com/until-a-coronavirus-vaccine-is-ready-pneumonia-vaccines-may-reduce-deaths-from-covid-19-147829

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2021-02-06 8:31 AM

The Conversation United Kingdom: AstraZeneca vaccine: delaying the second dose increases protection, according to new data.

https://theconversation.com/astrazeneca-vaccine-delaying-the-second-dose-increases-protection-according-to-new-data-154617

Our resident Haters and the EU will hate that (lol) (lol) (lol) ................

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-02-05 6:32 PM

Only in your world, Dave, can 16,141,241 people share a single ulcer! :-D And yet, you seem to think you can convince us that you have valid points of view! :-D With an expert like you as a guide, we are surely doomed! :-D

Wishful thinking Brian ;-) .............

I should imagine those who I consider are LOSERS like you and your fellow LOSERS on here are a tiny minority of the 16,141,241 >:-) .........

In the real world I suspect many accepted the result, and even more are starting to see that the evidence is proving us Brexiteers were right B-) ............

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-05 6:17 PM

jumpstart - 2021-02-05 4:28 PM

New Atlas: Poor diet in childhood may have lasting effects on gut microbiome.

https://newatlas.com/science/poor-diet-childhood-lingering-effects-gut-microbiome/

Well i never....

But that says that if you didn't have that good diet during your formative years it's too late now to address it. So we all might as well eat, drink and be merry.....

Just says it take time for it to change even till after puberty.

Just shows you how important gut mirco biome is.

Studies into the gut microbiome, what affects its diversity and how it can influence human health is a burgeoning area of research, and one that is turning up many fascinating insights. This includes how diet can impact the diversity of the gut microbiome and in turn things like heart disease and aging, but also how it is linked to neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s and depression.

You don't seem to have disproved any of these posts on how its all linked ,your immune system,gut micro biome,healthy eating, exercise

pelmetman - 2021-02-06 8:53 AM

Brian Kirby - 2021-02-05 6:32 PM

1 Wishful thinking Brian ;-) .............

2 I should imagine those who I consider are LOSERS like you and your fellow LOSERS on here are a tiny minority of the 16,141,241 >:-) .........

3 In the real world I suspect many accepted the result, and even more are starting to see that the evidence is proving us Brexiteers were right B-) ............

1 Not sure whit bit you think was wishful. 8-)

2 I imagine that is about what you would imagine. I also imagine you'd never imagine that same might apply to Brexiters. Confirmation bias? Oh no! :-D

3 Of course I accept the result - I have no choice, do I? But "starting to see that the evidence is proving us Brexiteers were right"!! You're surely avin a larf, innit? All I see at present is the exact opposite, and no indication of that changing.

But, you're labouring under a misapprehension (again! :-D). You seem to think that accepting something is the same as agreeing with it. That's Communist bloc think. "The Politburo has passed a new law. You will comply. If you don't, you will be punished, because the politburo is always right." That worked out well, didn't it? (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-02-09 1:11 PM

Of course I accept the result )

Yeah Brian *-) ...........

So everytime the party you voted for fails to win an election, you spend the next 5 years bitching about it? >:-) ..........

(lol) (lol) (lol) .............

pelmetman - 2021-02-09 2:58 PM

So everytime the party you voted for fails to win an election, you spend the next 5 years bitching about it? >:-) ...................

False equivalence! :-D

All an election does is to change or confirm the electorate's choice of governing party. They happen every 5 years and little actually changes as a consequence, except around the edges. As soon as one election is over, the parties begin preparing for the next. But, we all have to accept its result. If we don't like it, we just vote otherwise next time. What is the alternative?

The Brexit referendum wasn't an election (even though it was run like one!), and it is very likely to have life changing impacts on the UK for generations. You seem to forget that this is not just your country, to do with as you will, but a country you share with all its inhabitants, including those who disagree with what you are now doing to it. You cannot "do Brexit" alone - you will need the cooperation of everyone to succeed, and you won't get that by denying and defending the cack-handed way your chosen government has gone about it so far.

Why? Because their cack-handedness is in plain view, for all to see - and your unending attempts to draw attention to anything other than that merely serve to emphasise it, but also reveal the underlying nervousness of someone beginning to realise they've backed the wrong horse. Why else?

So follow this link to the the Margaret Thatcher Foundation, and download and read "The Henderson Despatch": https://tinyurl.com/y4y8x3g4 and read it.

Sir Nicholas Henderson was the UK's Ambassador to France from 1975-79, and before that to West Germany and Poland. It sets out well the economic background to the UK joining the EEC. Then, you might begin to understand why so much of the grossly inflated Brexiter hype about Britain's pre-EEC economic performance is rejected by so many, and why there was such political pressure to join.

Far too many of the fundamental problems he highlighted persist. Until that is changed, nothing much else can change - in, or out, of the EU. Brexit itself is merely another attempt to deflect from those fundamental problems, as was joining in 1973. The faults lie within the UK, not in the EEC/EU. That is what you have to understand. No-one else is to blame.

So everytime the party you voted for fails to win an election, you spend the next 5 years bitching about it? >:-) ..........

Just because you accept that the party you don't support has won an election, it doesn't mean you have to start liking them.

malc d - 2021-02-09 8:41 PM

Just because you accept that the party you don't support has won an election, it doesn't mean you have to start liking them.

Pelmet advocates totalitarianism......an unswerving, unquestioning allegiance to his Dear Leader of The Party.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-02-09 8:41 PM

Seems to me that after 11 years of Losing.......4 elections.......1 referendum........The LOSER Brigade have just got angrier ;-) ..........

Perhaps its time to accept that you Lost and move on (?) ..........

Just sayin :D .............

Brian Kirby - 2021-02-09 6:07 PM...............................So follow this link to the the Margaret Thatcher Foundation, and download and read "The Henderson Despatch": https://tinyurl.com/y4y8x3g4 and read it.

Sir Nicholas Henderson was the UK's Ambassador to France from 1975-79, and before that to West Germany and Poland. It sets out well the economic background to the UK joining the EEC. Then, you might begin to understand why so much of the grossly inflated Brexiter hype about Britain's pre-EEC economic performance is rejected by so many, and why there was such political pressure to join. ....................................

Did anyone else download and read the linked document? I've just finished it, and it's stunning. A real warts and all, appraisal of Britain's economic and political policies from 1945 to 1979, when it was written. It is quite long, but very informative. I'd urge anyone who is even slightly curious about the whys and wherefores of our relationship with "Europe" to read it. They will be richly rewarded, and may even see parallels with the past few years. :-) Here we go again - I think! Go on, I dare you! :-D If the above link doesn't open, scroll up to me 9 Feb post and try the link in that.

Archived