Today's Daily Wail front page

CurtainRaiser

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-04 12:40 PM

It is being suggested from a unnamed Tory MP that the real motivation for a new standards committee stems from a fear of investigations into lobbying over the award of Covid contracts, and Johnson's loans from a Tory donor for the redecoration of his Downing Street flat and free holidays....

Thats why I think Johnson will try something else

I can't believe he went to these lengths to protect anyone other than himself.

This is not over >:-)

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Express was actually in favour of blocking the suspension: today's front page headline was "After 2 years of hell, I can now clear my name"! Currently their website is making no comment on this, except for having a poll: "Is Boris right to change his mind and call another vote on the suspension of Owen Paterson?"

Rees Mogg speech as good as says they will be trying another stunt like this to get Johnson off the hook.

Rees Mogg just throws us a sop by saying their next scheme to scupper the sleaze inquiry into Johnson won't apply to Patterson.

And we are supposed to be placated by that.

I expect a few other tales to be released today "A good day to bury bad news" and all that.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/04/goldsmith-family-funded-boris-johnsons-marbella-holiday

Do you think Pelmet will concede that Owen Paterson is now officially a LOSER?

As he should have done long ago. Johnson should go too as he's presided over the sh1tshow determined to block their sleaze from public scrutiny.

Just 13 Tory MP's had a moral backbone and I was pleased to see the Tory MP for my local town was one of them. My own MP fell in line with the rest of Johnsons puppets. The link give the entire list so you can look how your own MP voted.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2021/nov/04/how-did-your-mp-vote-on-the-owen-paterson-case

2052359878_VoteforSleaze.JPG.9ed0041a32f6cf94515f967fbbf507bc.JPG

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-04 3:02 PM

No chance !

Dave thinks it was a vote about Brexit - and if Patterson voted for Brexit, then he is - and will always be - a WINNER ( in capital letters ).

:-D

I expect a few other tales to be released today "A good day to bury bad news" and all that.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/04/goldsmith-family-funded-boris-johnsons-marbella-holiday

LOL I doubt it. They could tear down his house and his £30k Greenhouse or give it all to Jacob Reek Smugs nanny and Dave would still support them.

I wonder if Starmers interview on R2 at lunchtime with Jeremy Vine had anything to do with the U Turn.

Barryd999 - 2021-11-04 3:17 PM

I wonder if Starmers interview on R2 at lunchtime with Jeremy Vine had anything to do with the U Turn.

AFAIK the main pressure came from the constituencies, I know that our local MP was told in no uncertain terms her card was marked.

malc d - 2021-11-04 3:16 PM

No chance !

Dave thinks it was a vote about Brexit - and if Patterson voted for Brexit, then he is - and will always be - a WINNER ( in capital letters ).

:-D

I didn't know much about him so read up a few articles. Turns out he is indeed a pro-Brexiteer and member of the parties fascist branch, the ERG.

Used to high living, the family home is a sprawling mansion standing in acres of Shropshire countryside. His wife "worked" for Aintree race course and the Jockey club before taking her life in some woodland by the family home. Turned out she was embroiled in a bitter row over planning development for 300 stables which a council had refused......so she had gone running to Robert Jenrick, another corrupt MP. Birds of a feather as the saying goes.

Paterson was getting paid £100k pa from two companies for lobbying. It is nothing less than pure sheer greed that's led to his downfall imo. He won't be the only one with his snout in the trough but the scale of corruption with this government just beggars belief. The same government who deprived the poor by cutting UC, the same government depriving school children of the poor, free school meals........the same government that enriched itself and their chums from showering themselves with taxpayers money. For them it's take everything from the poor to feed Tory greed.

Confirms what I thought earlier

Johnson wouldn't go to all this trouble to protect anyone other than himself.

He will certainly try again >:-)

colin - 2021-11-04 4:17 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-11-04 3:17 PM

AFAIK the main pressure came from the constituencies, I know that our local MP was told in no uncertain terms her card was marked.

Could be. I notice my MP Dehenna Davidson has been quiet these past few days. Normally you cant get her off Facebook. She voted in favour of this corrupt action also. It could backfire on a lot of them in some of these new baby Tory constituency's as I imagine it will be treat like the MP's expenses scandal and the very same people who have now voted Tory went ape sh1t about all that. One can only hope that these new Tory voters will finally see through them and see them for what they are. Self serving corrupt crooks who care no more for the Red wall new voters than they would for dog sh1t on their shoes.

There was quite a Twitter storm last night with people post messages like this:

"This is my MP @PaulHowellMP . Two weeks ago he and his fellow Tories voted to release sewage into our rivers. Today they went swimming in it.

#ToryCorruption #OwenPaterson

Accompanied by a nice little photo of the offender. (nicked off their website!)

Your fascist loving MP was included as well Barry. My post got retweeted nearly five hundred times. After the campaign about raw sewage I think our MP's are beginning to feel a little unsure about their political futures.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-04 5:30 PM

There was quite a Twitter storm last night with people post messages like this:

"This is my MP @PaulHowellMP . Two weeks ago he and his fellow Tories voted to release sewage into our rivers. Today they went swimming in it.

#ToryCorruption #OwenPaterson

Accompanied by a nice little photo of the offender. (nicked off their website!)

Your fascist loving MP was included as well Barry. My post got retweeted nearly five hundred times. After the campaign about raw sewage I think our MP's are beginning to feel a little unsure about their political futures.

LOL! Brilliant. Seen the thread. (lol)

Lets hope the wheels finally start to come of the big Tory bus of corruption but I wont hold my breath.

So just when you think it couldn’t get any sleazier

To ensure compliance with Johnsons desire to allow his chum to sidestep justice some Tory MPs were yesterday told “they would lose funding for their constituency” if they failed to toe the line. Interesting to note that one Tory veteran told the FT that "any MP who believed this deserves to have funding removed for being a thick gullible idiot"

https://www.ft.com/content/51c93ba3-4a59-4e88-92ed-3e152a896493

Barryd999 - 2021-11-04 5:50 PM

Lets hope the wheels finally start to come of the big Tory bus of corruption but I wont hold my breath.

There must surely come a time when there are enough Tory MPs with integrity who will decide they have had enough of their disastrous ' leader ' and get rid of him.

I'm sure those MPs exist, they just like to keep their heads down for a quiet life.

;-)

Talking of sleaze ... https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/nov/04/mp-claudia-webbe-given-suspended-sentence-for-harassing-woman ... Also, in Jays words over 50 Labour Councillors, MPs and Mayors have been arrested, suspended or sentenced THIS YEAR ALONE ...
... I get a feeling we wont want to discuss that though ... Hypocrisy lives strong on Chatterbox ... Anyone remember the MPs expenses scandal??? Of course we do it was only a few short years ago, guess which political party headed the list by a long way of MPs sent to the slammer for sleazy dealings??? ... Poor darlings

Birdbrain - 2021-11-05 6:12 AM

Talking of sleaze ... https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/nov/04/mp-claudia-webbe-given-suspended-sentence-for-harassing-woman ... Also, in Jays words over 50 Labour Councillors, MPs and Mayors have been arrested, suspended or sentenced THIS YEAR ALONE ...

... I get a feeling we wont want to discuss that though ... Hypocrisy lives strong on Chatterbox ... Anyone remember the MPs expenses scandal??? Of course we do it was only a few short years ago, guess which political party headed the list by a long way of MPs sent to the slammer for sleazy dealings??? ... Poor darlings

If thats true all it shows are the Labour ones are being held to account.

They are not changing the rules to get themselves off - or more likely neuter the sleaze inquiry before it gets round to Johnson.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-04 10:36 PM

Something else Corbyn was right about.

https://evolvepolitics.com/labour-pledges-to-ban-mps-from-taking-paid-second-jobs-in-2019-manifesto/

No wonder the knives were out for him..

and they wouldn't talk about his policies like this one because people would agree with him if they knew what he was about.

So they attacked his character instead

malc d - 2021-11-04 10:01 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-11-04 5:50 PM

There must surely come a time when there are enough Tory MPs with integrity who will decide they have had enough of their disastrous ' leader ' and get rid of him.

I'm sure those MPs exist, they just like to keep their heads down for a quiet life.

;-)

Johnson deselected those with any backbone or integrity remember

The rest must have thought they going the same way as Anna Soubry if they disobeyed Johnson's three line whip

Wheras if they did as they were told they would keep their cushy jobs, be free to rip off the taxpayer, and destroy the honest businesses that don't pay them any bribes.

Not that there are many left after six consecutive years of net outflows from UK based investment funds.

What sort of people will invest in Britain if they can't get on without paying bribes to slimeball Tory MPs >:-(

Whereas in the Tory party you can engage in conspiracy to have a journalist beaten up and go on to be PM.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2013/mar/24/boris-johnson-accused-nasty-video?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Guest pelmetman

Nope.........He's a victim of the NASTY LOSER Brigade ;-) ........

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-05 7:29 AM

Whereas in the Tory party you can engage in conspiracy to have a journalist beaten up and go on to be PM.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2013/mar/24/boris-johnson-accused-nasty-video?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Why do people vote for him?

.. unless they just go by his friendly genial appearance and body language

Which confirms my suspicion that the people who do us the most harm are invariably the best dressed and presentable looking

They have to be to gain our trust before they shaft us

Archived