Today's Daily Wail front page

CurtainRaiser

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman

Giggle........

It's funny how the Chimps are now posting fake Daily Fails front pages with abandon (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

Worra bunch of LOSER chimps........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.ab346526df6cd994543f34b14d16d863.jpg

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-05 8:49 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-05 8:35 PM

Giggle........

It's funny how the Chimps are now posting fake Daily Fails front pages with abandon (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

It will be funnier still when you go to the newsagents tomorrow

Crikey........You don't "Actually" think I would buy the Daily Mail? 8-) .......

Worra Chump (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2021-11-05 8:53 PM

Giggle........

Crikey........You don't "Actually" think I would buy the Daily Mail? 8-) .......

What's that? You admitting that you were wrong again about "Chimps are now posting fake Daily Fails front pages with abandon".

You're losing a lot of arguments today. LOSER

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-05 9:10 PM

Giggle........

What's that? You admitting that you were wrong again about "Chimps are now posting fake Daily Fails front pages with abandon".

You're losing a lot of arguments today.

Nope...... I'm saying I don't recognise the front pages you LOSERS are posting ;-) .......

Perhaps you should pop out tomorrow and buy one to prove your claim? :D .......

P1010899.JPG.592495ddecd38d8dc35f90cb840a50e5.JPG

pelmetman - 2021-11-05 6:44 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-11-05 9:13 AM

malc d - 2021-11-05 8:53 AM

pelmetman - 2021-11-05 8:11 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-04 3:02 PM

Do you think Pelmet will concede that Owen Paterson is now officially a LOSER?

Nope.........He's a victim of the NASTY LOSER Brigade ;-) ........

You surprise me Dave.

I thought you would blame Macron, or the German plans for a fourth reich.

;-)

No. Dave would never be so specific. It will be the fault of the EU. Patterson after all was a member of the ERG and a proper full fat Brexiteer. It must be down to the EU that he has fallen surely. *-)

As the drivel posted on here attests Barry ;-) ..........

It was precisely because he was a Brexiteer...... is the REAL reason why you sado LOSERS are having a feeding frenzy *-) ........

What sad folk you LOSERS have become 8-) .........

Fortunately I have a life B-) ..........

No Dave. This is exactly my point. This has nothing to do with Brexit. Brexit is done Dave, you got it, move on. This is simply the aftermath we are left with because of Brexit. Corrupt politicians. Surely you dont want corrupt politicians running post Brexit Blighty do you?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-11-05 9:19 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-05 6:44 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-11-05 9:13 AM

malc d - 2021-11-05 8:53 AM

You surprise me Dave.

I thought you would blame Macron, or the German plans for a fourth reich.

;-)

No. Dave would never be so specific. It will be the fault of the EU. Patterson after all was a member of the ERG and a proper full fat Brexiteer. It must be down to the EU that he has fallen surely. *-)

As the drivel posted on here attests Barry ;-) ..........

It was precisely because he was a Brexiteer...... is the REAL reason why you sado LOSERS are having a feeding frenzy *-) ........

What sad folk you LOSERS have become 8-) .........

Fortunately I have a life B-) ..........

No Dave. This is exactly my point. This has nothing to do with Brexit. Brexit is done Dave, you got it, move on.

Not in the tiny minds of you LOSERS ;-) .........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Time to get this thread back on topic.

A brilliant report by Marina Hyde;

Owen Paterson was just the fall guy. This week’s chaos was all about Boris Johnson

The prime minister has faced multiple investigations. You can see why the obliteration of the standards commissioner might seem appealing.

An edifying week in the government of Britain, a country run by the third prize in a competition to build Winston Churchill out of marshmallows. Yup, this man is our sorry lot: this pool-float Targaryen, this gurning English Krankie cousin, this former child star still squeezing himself into his little suit for coins. The sole bright spot for Boris Johnson is that furious Tory MPs are currently only comparing him to the nursery rhyme Duke of York. Still, give it time.

On, then, to the unforced blunderrhoea of the Owen Paterson affair and its fallout. The sheer full-spectrum sh*tshow of it makes sense when you understand two things: the Carl von Clownewitzes behind the government’s shameful “strategy” for sweeping aside a vital democratic check on corruption; and the fact that for Johnson, none of it was to do with Owen Paterson. The departing MP for North Shropshire was simply useful for the prime minister’s personal goals – until he wasn’t.

We’ll deal with the second point first. By far the most consequential investigation currently approaching Kathryn Stone’s in-tray concerns the man already investigated more times than any other MP in the past three years by the standards commissioner: one Boris Johnson.

It’s odd – given his hideously negligent mismanagement of the pandemic – that many Westminster experts believe the flat refurbishment has the greater potential to damage Johnson with voters. But there it is.

https://tinyurl.com/m4p7udwd

Bulletguy - 2021-11-05 10:00 PM

Owen Paterson was just the fall guy. This week’s chaos was all about Boris Johnson

The prime minister has faced multiple investigations. You can see why the obliteration of the standards commissioner might seem appealing.

An edifying week in the government of Britain, a country run by the third prize in a competition to build Winston Churchill out of marshmallows. Yup, this man is our sorry lot: this pool-float Targaryen, this gurning English Krankie cousin, this former child star still squeezing himself into his little suit for coins. The sole bright spot for Boris Johnson is that furious Tory MPs are currently only comparing him to the nursery rhyme Duke of York. Still, give it time.

On, then, to the unforced blunderrhoea of the Owen Paterson affair and its fallout. The sheer full-spectrum sh*tshow of it makes sense when you understand two things: the Carl von Clownewitzes behind the government’s shameful “strategy” for sweeping aside a vital democratic check on corruption; and the fact that for Johnson, none of it was to do with Owen Paterson. The departing MP for North Shropshire was simply useful for the prime minister’s personal goals – until he wasn’t.

We’ll deal with the second point first. By far the most consequential investigation currently approaching Kathryn Stone’s in-tray concerns the man already investigated more times than any other MP in the past three years by the standards commissioner: one Boris Johnson.

It’s odd – given his hideously negligent mismanagement of the pandemic – that many Westminster experts believe the flat refurbishment has the greater potential to damage Johnson with voters. But there it is.

It will be funny if they finally get him over some expensive wallpaper rather than the catastrophe of both Brexit and more devastatingly terrible the huge loss of life because of his incompetence and Cronyism. Then again, I dont care as long as he goes. I guess they got Al Capone in the end on tax evasion.

pelmetman - 2021-11-05 9:15 PM

Giggle........

Nope...... I'm saying I don't recognise the front pages you LOSERS are posting ;-) .......

Nope....your post said that some Chimps were posting fake front pages, seems to me that you've been out chimped. That must make you a LOSER.

Bulletguy - 2021-11-05 10:00 PM

Well it was the Guardian that started it off with their investigation into Owen Paterson. So I'm getting my moneysworth from them :-D Even though it has taken them 2 years to get this far due to Johnson's 'governments' delaying and stonewalling of freedom of information requests. >:-)

All the more remarkable it is how quickly and urgently Johnson's 'government' can move when it suits them 8-) >:-)

John52 - 2021-11-05 9:28 AM

What about the good honest firms who have missed out on lucrative taxpayer funded contracts because they wouldn't pay bribes to sleazebag Tory MP's

Are they LOSERS too?

Dave?

You've been back to this thread but not answered

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-05 11:16 PM

Giggle........

Nope....your post said that some Chimps were posting fake front pages, seems to me that you've been out chimped. That must make you a LOSER.

Brilliant idea came up on "Have I Got News for You" last night.

It was suggested that MPs should follow the example of footballers, and be compelled to have their sponsors printed on their clothing.

What's not to like about that idea ?

:-|

malc d - 2021-11-06 9:46 AM

Giggle........

It was suggested that MPs should follow the example of footballers, and be compelled to have their sponsors printed on their clothing.

Yes, I watched it. My first thought is that most of the cabinet would need to wear a marquee to accommodate all the sponsors.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-06 12:26 PM

Latest.

Kathryn Stone - the British independent standards commissioner - has been given police protection after threats against her life.

.. and pelmet says its Labour and the EU who is NASTY

but with a Prime Minister who has friends like Darius Guppy I suppose we shouldn't be surprised >:-)

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-06 10:00 AM

Giggle........

Yes, I watched it. My first thought is that most of the cabinet would need to wear a marquee to accommodate all the sponsors.

Well, if they do have to have their sponsors name on their shirts - I'm guessing that Johnson will have the Daily Telegraph printed on his.

:-(

Giggle........

Ian Hislop was on fire last night and brilliantly summed up the criminal corruption in one minute.

https://www.indy100.com/news/ian-hislop-owen-paterson-hignfy-b1952803

Cavalier attitude.......bereft of judgement......affronted when criticised for a gross failure of responsibility......prone to making wild sweeping statements but when pressed for the accuracy of his claims, resorts to "piffle paffle".

And from the employer who sacked the idler, "He is not a man to believe in, to trust or respect."

49764648_Johnsonreport.JPG.b6af88203530b8e8beaa2adbbb0b9d11.JPG

1088043158_Johnsonreport2.JPG.cd3ea459d3945ff01b65c854a8b19b49.JPG

1769813594_MaxHastings.JPG.0e19f5a4db199c2d352e54433299ff49.JPG

Bulletguy - 2021-11-06 7:41 PM

Cavalier attitude.......bereft of judgement......affronted when criticised for a gross failure of responsibility......prone to making wild sweeping statements but when pressed for the accuracy of his claims, resorts to "piffle paffle".

And from the employer who sacked the idler, "He is not a man to believe in, to trust or respect."

Please tell me the haters aren't digging up 40 year old school reports and presenting them as a present day indicator of how that same person applies themselves??? ... Hate consumes their every thought

Conservative treasurers who donate £3m to the party seem almost guaranteed a peerage.

In the past seven years, every former party treasurer has given at least this amount – and all but the most recently retired have been offered a seat in the House of Lords, a joint investigation by openDemocracy and The Sunday Times has found.

Insiders claim that peerages are being given to wealthy businessmen, in what “appeared to be a reward” for bankrolling Boris Johnson’s party.

The findings are the strongest evidence yet of a new ‘cash for peerages’ scandal, with a former Conservative Party chairman telling The Sunday Times: “Once you pay your £3m, you get your peerage.”

Party treasurers are responsible for the Tories’ fundraising efforts, but most also donate huge amounts themselves.

Last year, Boris Johnson controversially overruled the House of Lords Appointments Commission to make former Conservative treasurer Peter Cruddas a peer.

Cruddas, who had previously been implicated in an undercover sting, went on to give half a million pounds within days of joining the Lords – taking his total donations to the Conservatives to just over £3m. He denies any link between the donation and his peerage.

Cruddas is not alone. Since the Conservatives came to power in 2010, successive prime ministers have elevated nine of the party’s former treasurers to the Lords. Each of those appointed since 2014 has donated at least £3m.

In total, 22 of the party’s biggest donors have been made lords in the past 11 years. Together they have donated some £54m to the Tories.

In that time period, the Tories have made at least six more donor nominations to the Lords – but these were blocked by the Lords Appointments Commission, openDemocracy understands.

Lord Farmer, a former Tory treasurer who has donated £8m to the party, told The Sunday Times: “There has been a tradition of ennobling party treasurers.” When asked why, he replied: “no comment.”

‘Lottery winners’

Analysis by openDemocracy, in conjunction with Ben Parker of Brunel University, shows it is staggeringly unlikely that making big political donations is not a factor in securing a peerage nomination.

The odds of so many major Tory donors in the UK population all ending up in the House of Lords is equivalent to entering the National Lottery 12 times in a row – and winning the jackpot every time. Even if the pool of candidates was limited to just Tory party members, the odds of so many donors all becoming Lords would still be equivalent to five National Lottery wins in a row.

Over the same 11 years, other parties have also given peerages to donors – but not on the same scale. Labour has ennobled two major donors, and the Lib Dems five.

While it is illegal to sell titles for “any gift, money or valuable consideration”, the law around this has been enforced only once – in 1933. A ‘cash for honours’ probe in 2006-07 ended with the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) concluding there was no prospect of conviction.

At the time, the CPS argued that donating “in the hope or expectation of being granted an honour”, or giving honours “in recognition of (in effect, as a reward for)...a gift” were not offences. It said “direct evidence” of an “agreement” would be needed for any prosecution, and that there was none. Similarly, there is no evidence of any agreement covering any of the donors or treasurers of the past 11 years. All the peers who responded maintained that there was no link between their donations and their peerages.

Archived