The UK Debt Iceburg....scary stuff.

BGD

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
J9withdogs - 2008-11-18 8:16 PM

I wonder, in the history of this forum, how many ladies have been 'excluded' for bad behaviour.

I can name quite a few men who have. Must be a 'man-thing' *-)

Just be grateful that they are not running the country.

;-)

Knight… 

You seem to be confusing ‘skit’ with ‘relentless-puerile-vitriolic-failed-attempt-to-vilify-a-member-of-the-forum-after-failing-to-pull-my-head-in-when-I-realised-I’d-revealed-myself-as-a-bit-of-a-wassak’. 

I can’t imagine how, but there you go. 

I trust you will now read more carefully, and I await a proper apology.

Knight...

In painfully simple English, and this hurts; you again haven’t read what I wrote. 

Conventional wisdom dictates that when in a hole – stop digging. You clearly want to be liked and accepted, do you think you are going about it the right way? 

I really don’t want this hassle. I’d much prefer that you simply accept that you have embarrassed yourself and move on, even if you don’t do it publicly.  

Please carefully re-read the whole thread that caused you to get hot under the collar. Think about your flaky values, and reflect on how it was your error in reading my post that led to your childish one-man crusade.

We all make mistakes; it’s how magnanimous we are in accepting them that marks the difference. Let it go, life’s far too short. 

If you can’t bring yourself to publicly apologise, fair enough, my opinion of you is firmly fixed anyway. However, an acknowledgement of your error might help your case with the more forgiving members of the forum.

knight of the road - 2008-11-19 1:53 PM

crinkly,

This guy does not do apologies, never have and never will, especially to a self confessed wassak like yourself, more to follow on this thread, not got the time now, got a ton of leaves to clear before dark.

crinkly.

Ladies and Gentlemen and members of the jury, standing before you in the dock is crinklystarfish, a man, and I use the term 'man' scathingly.

A man who is a self confessed wassak, a snitch, an informer and in some circles referred to as a grass, the lowest of the low, a man who no doubt just like Judas takes his thirty pieces of silver by denouncing his fellow men who may have had the misfortune to have lost their job and have had to sign on the dole as unemployed, family men struggling to feed, clothe and keep a roof over their wife and childrens heads.

Previously hard working men who might be tempted to do a little cash in hand work to make the best of a bad situation.

Not only does crinkly spout his vitriolic rhetoric against the unemployed by calling them scroungers he goes on to accuse the unemployeds innocent children of being future scroungers, So what, might I ask does the wife of an unemployed man think of her hard working husband and their innocent children being described as scroungers?

Crinkly goes on to say that he has never signed on the dole in all his working life even when he went through a four month period of unemployment, good for him, there are not many family men who have enough money put aside for such events, the kids always need shoes, clothes, the house needs repairs etc etc a million and one things to drain your savings.

So whats crinkly's situation then? what trade or profession does he follow? is he a family man? retired on a good pension? or has he never married? is he an only child living at home with his over indulgent parents tipping up a fiver a week for board and lodgings?

Is he a curtain twitcher ever ready to make that anonymous phone call to grass up his neighbours if they overfill their wheelie bin, leave the lid open or put the bin out too early? does he say a pleasent good morning to his neighbour five minutes after blowing him in to the council for some misdemeanour?

Live and let live and vent your spleen on a government that spends the tax payers money on a futile war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

PS, monies paid to the unemployed end up back in the governments coffers via a multitude of taxes.

PPS, monies paid to the unemployed have as far as I am aware a deduction for health care.

crinklystarfish - 2008-11-19 3:34 PM

Knight...

In painfully simple English, and this hurts; you again haven’t read what I wrote. 

Conventional wisdom dictates that when in a hole – stop digging. You clearly want to be liked and accepted, do you think you are going about it the right way? 

I really don’t want this hassle. I’d much prefer that you simply accept that you have embarrassed yourself and move on, even if you don’t do it publicly.  

Please carefully re-read the whole thread that caused you to get hot under the collar. Think about your flaky values, and reflect on how it was your error in reading my post that led to your childish one-man crusade.

We all make mistakes; it’s how magnanimous we are in accepting them that marks the difference. Let it go, life’s far too short. 

If you can’t bring yourself to publicly apologise, fair enough, my opinion of you is firmly fixed anyway. However, an acknowledgement of your error might help your case with the more forgiving members of the forum.

[/quotecrinkly,I dont go out of my way to be liked or accepted, I am me and what you see is what you get, you have shown yourself up for what you are, a selfish bigot with no trace of compassion for someone who may have fell on hard times, needs a leg up and can do without being labelled a scrounger for claiming what he is entitled to when he signs on.

CliveH - 2008-11-19 4:21 PM

I wouldn't mind - but haven't we all been here before?

We certainly have Clive, and if I may politely insert my usual advice here it is.

Could said warring factions not maybe do something a fraction more worthwhile instead of playing keyboard wars?

Some voluntary work perhaps?

C'mon lads, give it a rest eh?

Kofi Annan (Out of retirement) :D

If there is ever one person on here who really should give it a rest - it is that person who seems to want to do all the dictating of what other people should do.

Clive,

Who me or crinkly? only hit him back when he hit me, I will abide by the majority decision, anyway, said my piece now.

If there is ever one person on here who really should give it a rest - it is that person who seems to want to do all the dictating of what other people should do.

Clive,

Sent you a reply, hope you got it?

regards

Malcolm.

Knight…

You really are a tiresome oaf.

I see now what you mean about VW people being nice. (That was sarcasm – I know you won’t get it unless I actually point it out).

You have yet again attributed me with statements that have originated from within your own head, or with statements posted by Basil/>.

This is me though:

HOW THICK ARE YOU MAN?

People, if they can be bothered, can easily refer back to the original posts. Did that never occur to you?

Honestly, you are so incredibly dim that there really is no need to make you look any more stupid. For once I doubt that I could improve on the job you have done yourself.

Once more; READ THE THREAD. If you struggle, try going over it very slowly with your finger whilst speaking the words aloud, if it’s still too hard, you could get your new best mate, the effete cyber-bully Clive to help you. At least he can read.

Of whom,

CliveH - 2008-11-19 4:21 PM/> If there is ever one person on here who really should give it a rest - it is that person who seems to want to do all the dictating of what other people should do. I wouldn't mind - but haven't we all been here before?

Quite agree, so why do you persist in foisting your plagiarised high-morality upon us and indeed return to the tuggers’ forum like you were once well advised?

I recall standing up for you against an erstwhile member who used to kick you from pillar to post. I’m not quite sure, then, why you are always so keen to put the boot in from the sidelines. Your ‘non-confrontational’ third person snipes are as feckless as they are unnecessary. If you have anything to say, why don’t you address me directly? What’s that? You are afraid of being exposed as the thicko that I know you are?

Never mind, you and your new best mate can keep talking about me via PM, at least he’s so damned dim that he’ll never see through you.

Dumb and dumber, yes, there’s a certain ring to this new double act.

Waste of time the pair of you.

Basil - 2008-11-10 9:55 PM ... In the whole of my working life I have only not worked for four months and I did not lower myself to signing on during that period either. From what I have seen at Jobcentres the only people there are those that don't want work. Bas

There you go dimbo, just one bit of proof. Do feel free to admit your error anytime you grow the stones.

This thread IMO has so far been distinguished by noddy economics, poor verse, and people 'overcome with the enthusiasm of their own verbosity' as a former schoolmaster of mine was fond of saying.

I wonder if the conversations were taking place face to face would the protagonists be quite so offensive to each other? It seems that every so often in these forums there has to be a ritual blood letting and the sides which line up are usually fairly easy to predict.

Can't we have grown up debate?

((gets his coat)

Archived