We also need a solution for Bad Black Behaviour

StuartO

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-24 6:14 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-06-23 9:24 AM

jumpstart - 2020-06-23 7:35 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-06-23 7:14 AM

jumpstart - 2020-06-23 6:55 AM

That’s why I said you were permanently confused..You want confirmation of perfect harmony in ethnic relations in a country. It doesn’t exist. Bit like saying you want evidence everybody is happy in a country.

But that doesn’t mean multicultural failure.

Thankyou ... "it doesnt exist" ... So why create so much trouble trying to force its existence ... Thankyou for the clear answer

Why is this a revelation to you. Various people have said all along that there are problems in relations,it’s not perfect but it’s not a failure. It’s a natural occurrence which is increasing. It can’t be stopped now.

Multiculturalism has benefits allegedly , makes us a better society to have it allegedly ... Well given you and your friends have given no examples of the benefits we take from it other than curry and I think someone said pyjamas then I can only conclude it adds to an already problematic world and it has to be classed as a failure or maybe you can show for example an EU country that has made a success of it ??? ... …………….

That is because the test you have set for success is "folks throughout the country mentioned living together in perfect harmony". That, as I said earlier, is Utopian. No country can pass, whatever the composition of its population, can it?

That is exactly why I asked you way back (This string, 18 June 2020 6:47 PM), what definition of "multicultural" you would accept, and gave a Wiki link to help. You ran away from that, and continued to do so until I gave up trying to make sense of your point.

So, now we have Antony wanting multicultural societies he won't define (so none can know if we are discussing the same thing) to perform so that "folks throughout the country" ......….live "together in perfect harmony", and if they don't, they are failures.

And where does that get us? It gets us to labelling all countries around the world, wherever and whenever they have existed, whatever ethnic mix of peoples their populations may have contained, as "failures". No wonder he thinks multiculturalism a failure. By his standard all cultures are failures, mono or multi. No exceptions, no remissions. Countries either attain perfect social harmony, or they fail, with nothing between.

On that basis Francis Fukuyama wasted his time writing "The End of History", because throughout time we have failed to create history, so there can be no end! :-D

Goodness me ... Just admit you dont like the question , upsets your delicate stomach , bit "extremist" to even attempt to discuss multicultural disharmony ... Princess I have explained multiculturalism after the war , I gave Bradford as an example and asked you to name countries in the EU where multiculturalism has worked , the EU as we know aint existed that long ... How much more do you want ... Breathe in ... Instead of silliness just dont answer

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Kirby - 2020-06-24 6:47 PM

StuartO - 2020-06-24 8:20 AM...……………………..Somebody organised a light aircraft to tow a banner reading "White Lives Matter Burnley" over the Etihad Stadium in Manchester during the Premier Match (in an empty stadium) between Manchester City and Burnley, shortly after all the players had "Taken the Knee" in support of Black Lives Matter.........................Was this Bad White Behaviour?

No, just a few misguided white guys expressing their disappointment that, by comparison to black guys, not enough of them had been killed by the police. Should be easily fixed!:-D

He has already stated that he had no intention to create a racial incident, purely that he thought he was making the point other lives matter too. So if he wasn’t being prejudiced he is entitled to free speech. Obviously not .

jumpstart - 2020-06-24 7:34 PM

StuartO - 2020-06-24 8:20 AM...……………………..Somebody organised a light aircraft to tow a banner reading "White Lives Matter Burnley" over the Etihad Stadium in Manchester during the Premier Match (in an empty stadium) between Manchester City and Burnley, shortly after all the players had "Taken the Knee" in support of Black Lives Matter.........................Was this Bad White Behaviour?

No, just a few misguided white guys expressing their disappointment that, by comparison to black guys, not enough of them had been killed by the police. Should be easily fixed!:-D

He has already stated that he had no intention to create a racial incident, purely that he thought he was making the point other lives matter too. So if he wasn’t being prejudiced he is entitled to free speech. Obviously not .

We agree on something ... Brian doesnt care for free speech ... Just the speech he agrees with

StuartO - 2020-06-24 6:13 PM

malc d - 2020-06-24 5:40 PM

StuartO - 2020-06-24 5:23 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-06-24 5:04 PM Yes, the point i was making though Malc is those garages aren't just any old garage, they're bays (usually fronting the pit stop) of a multi million dollar sport so to have a piece of cord to manually close the door is crude and cheapskate.

My electric garage door has a manual override pull thingy which just dangles. I can imagine someone might want to make a feature of it if he had time on his hands.

Presumably Stuart, if you had bought a multi million pound garage, it would come without a pull thingy, and you would have to fit yourself.

I saw a picture of the Nescar garages and it seems several of them have bits of cord hanging down.

;-)

I didn’t express myself well; I think all electric garage door have them in case of a power cut. They release the truck so that the door can be opened manually. They spend all their time dangling!

Well I'm sure you will be careful not to make a loop in the end of it - it could cause another international incident.

;-)

I don't think this is funny Brian; I fear there could be very serious unrest about this.

But nothing so far. The news coverage of the sacking of the man who arranged the flight over the Etihad (and of his girlfriend) is just reported matter of fact, with some inuendo about "other reasons" contributing to his sacking and a picture showing him (some time in the past) with the odious Tommy Robinson, or whatever he's called. Maybe he is a white supremacist and a nasty piece of work, maybe we'll never know, maybe it will be a day or two before we know whether there will be backlash in Burnley about this.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2020-06-24 7:55 PM

StuartO - 2020-06-24 6:13 PM

malc d - 2020-06-24 5:40 PM

StuartO - 2020-06-24 5:23 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-06-24 5:04 PM Yes, the point i was making though Malc is those garages aren't just any old garage, they're bays (usually fronting the pit stop) of a multi million dollar sport so to have a piece of cord to manually close the door is crude and cheapskate.

My electric garage door has a manual override pull thingy which just dangles. I can imagine someone might want to make a feature of it if he had time on his hands.

Presumably Stuart, if you had bought a multi million pound garage, it would come without a pull thingy, and you would have to fit yourself.

I saw a picture of the Nescar garages and it seems several of them have bits of cord hanging down.

;-)

I didn’t express myself well; I think all electric garage door have them in case of a power cut. They release the truck so that the door can be opened manually. They spend all their time dangling!

Well I'm sure you will be careful not to make a loop in the end of it - it could cause another international incident.

;-)

Seems to to me the BLM racists cant tell the difference between a noose and a splice *-) .........

I took the opportunity to ring a friend who lives in Burnley - not a football fan. He's Sheltering from COVID-19 but told me that as far as he knows everything is quiet there, which is encouraging. Maybe the man who organised the flight and banner isn't going to get any backlash sympathy.

For heaven's sake Stuart, just what exactly are you searching/viewing when online?!... 8-)

Youtube vidoes of "Black men" being violent, and now this Nazi bile !!

(please don't say it came from same "friend" that you earlier said, "posts such stuff" ??)

Delete your brower history...Go outside and do some fettling with your MH trailer....

pepe63 - 2020-06-25 2:57 PM

For heaven's sake Stuart, just what exactly are you searching/viewing when online?!... 8-)

(please don't say it came from same "friend" that you earlier said, "posts such stuff" ??)

Delete your brower history...Go outside and do some fettling with your MH trailer....

I think it’s hilarious. Written by an illiterate halfwit. Sad to say such people exist in every nation and culture.

pepe63 - 2020-06-25 11:32 AM

..and to paraphrase another thread title...it is "very very depressing" when you see that some folk just don't do themselves any favours.... :-(

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-brixton-street-party-violent-22249534

:-S

Yes and wheres the outrage ... 22 essential workers injured ??? ... Who'd be a PC in London , you would have to be nuts

Violet1956 - 2020-06-25 3:48 PM

I think it’s hilarious. Written by an illiterate halfwit. Sad to say such people exist in every nation and culture.

Are there any English translations available ?

;-)

Demonising a minority has been done before. The only difference now is the choice of minority.

malc d - 2020-06-25 4:07 PM

Are there any English translations available ?

;-)

I doubt even spell checker would help whoever wrote that out! :-|

StuartO - 2020-06-25 4:57 PM

It was posted on Facebook by someone I knew years ago through a motorcycle club in Lancashire who lives in Burnley and was outraged by it. She didn’t say how it crossed her path. That’s all I know.

It seems there is now a campaign by a number of companies to boycott advertising on Facebook because of the stuff they allow on their platform.

:-|

Birdbrain - 2020-06-25 5:03 PM

Its a strange old world when a badly written piece of junk wrote by a moron telling folk to go home gets folk more wound up than those who face death and rape daily across the world just for being Christians ... Strange lot

I'm not wound up Antony I'm laughing at it. What gives you the right to assume that any of us are not concerned about the persecution of Christians in other parts of the world? Why on earth would you even assume that?

Its a strange old world when a badly written piece of junk wrote by a moron telling folk to go home gets folk more wound up than those who face death and rape daily across the world just for being Christians ... Strange lot

Or Palestinians.. yes quite agree....except who’s getting wound up?

Violet1956 - 2020-06-25 5:19 PM

I'm not wound up Antony I'm laughing at it. What gives you the right to assume that any of us are not concerned about the persecution of Christians in other parts of the world? Why on earth would you even assume that?

"What right" ... The same right you have to call me an "extremist"

jumpstart - 2020-06-25 6:28 PM

Or Palestinians.. yes quite agree....except who’s getting wound up?

You again ... Obviously

Another "unlicensed music gathering" in an area of London last night, leading to police having to cllear it and facebeing attacked; it was Notting Hill so does that mean blacks again or it the Chattering Classes who live there these days? Either way its Bad Behaviour at corona virus time. So of course was the crowding on Bournmouth Beach - and I'm not suggesting that was blacks. We seem to be losing the habit of behaving properly throughout the UK these days. I'm grateful that my little bit of England here in rural Suffolk is still OK, even if Southwold, not far away, is reported to be heaving with people again, like a normal summer. The traffic volumes are back up to normal in our little market town but at least we can continue Sheltering safely because supermarket food deliveries are reliable. It's all we can do, shelter and worry for our Country.

Archived