We also need a solution for Bad Black Behaviour

StuartO

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-19 1:08 PM ..... Tasers are one shot weapons so having been discharged, it was no longer a threat.

Don't think that's true any more Brian; the modern ones can fire two shots at least so bear that in mind if you find yourself calling a policeman's bluff. That doesn't undermine the argument that Tasers are non-lethal weapons, so shooting the fleeing suspect in the back was homicide. Over here it might be manslaughter rather than murder but in the US they have puzzling degrees of murder.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jumpstart - 2020-06-19 2:39 PM

https://apple.news/AeMWVBzbySI2cLo7Ppg26Gg

Police investigated for kneeling on black drug dealer neck in Los Angeles.

If you watch the film he calls out ..I can not breathe. But you can clearly see they are not kneeling on his neck. The black man taking the film get quite agitated.

It’s a tough job being a cop.

They don't appear to be kneeling on his neck, but they are obviously applying pressure to it to hold him down.

Without knowing why this was all going on, we don't know why needed so many cops to arrest one man.

Maybe he is a very dangerous individual ?

:-|

malc d - 2020-06-19 3:35 PM

jumpstart - 2020-06-19 2:39 PM

https://apple.news/AeMWVBzbySI2cLo7Ppg26Gg

Police investigated for kneeling on black drug dealer neck in Los Angeles.

If you watch the film he calls out ..I can not breathe. But you can clearly see they are not kneeling on his neck. The black man taking the film get quite agitated.

It’s a tough job being a cop.

They don't appear to be kneeling on his neck, but they are obviously applying pressure to it to hold him down.

Without knowing why this was all going on, we don't know why needed so many cops to arrest one man.

Maybe he is a very dangerous individual ?

It’s two cops to arrest the man and 20 cops to deal with the public outrage.

I remember working in Casualty (as it was known then) as a student and it took six of us to hold a drunk down while a doctor sewed up a laceration on his scalp, and he was a weedy-looking Glasgwegian. Take down techniques in mental hospitals are based on large numbers of people all pouncing at once as a team, to minimise the risk of injury all round. Doubtless the police have methods and get training.

Ideally of course this would never be necessary but obviously sometimes it is. Who'd be a policeman these days?

Many years ago in Lancashire, at least 20, a friend of mine in our motorcycle club worked as a Traffic Warden. He was by no means a hot headed type. He told me of an incident when he was trying to ticket a car on double yellows. Out of some nearby premises came the driver, a businessman of Asian ethnicity, remonstrating and giving excuses. Within a short time a crowd of ten or fifteen men of the same ethnicity had gathered around and were all remonstrating, shouting and nudging to prevent the ticket being issued. Racist accusations were made: “Your picking on him because he’s a muslim” etc etc. It was an orchestrated chorus rather than a violent mob but it was intimidating. My friend had a radio so he radioed in for instructions or help. He was told “The Inspectors says to walk away, he’s fed up dealing with this sort of thing and doesn’t want to send anyone.”

The driver was clearly the boss of the business where he had stopped outside and when someone spotted his car being ticketed he quickly organised his men to come out and play the race card as a pack. It worked and it would obviously work again next time so they would do it again.

No idea whether that's still going on today in Preston (and the police don't do parking enforcement any more) but variations on that approach almost certainly are being used by BAME people if the police are still not responding. It's one of the ways we've got ourselves into the situation we're in now.

StuartO - 2020-06-19 3:53 PM

Who'd be a policeman these days?

Not me !

I sometimes watch the daily TV programmes about police patrols etc in the U.K.

Nine times out of ten the lowlifes are either released, given a warning, or occasionally given one of those " pretend " jail sentences.

( A pretend sentence is where the public are told the criminal will go to jail for fives years - and we all know that's not true )

Who, indeed, would want to be a cop. All that aggro for nothing in so many cases.

The son of a friend has recently joined Lancashire Constabulary and he’s just starting training. He’s wanted to do it for a long time but his opportunity only recently came up - maybe because of Austerity. His reasons? His dad says is just straightforward always wanting to join - I.e. a vocation. He had a good job.

I hope he stays with it. Another friend of mine from the bike club resigned from the police in frustration last year and went back to his old trade as a mechanic.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2020-06-19 4:19 PM

StuartO - 2020-06-19 3:53 PM

Who'd be a policeman these days?

Not me !

I sometimes watch the daily TV programmes about police patrols etc in the U.K.

Nine times out of ten the lowlifes are either released, given a warning, or occasionally given one of those " pretend " jail sentences.

( A pretend sentence is where the public are told the criminal will go to jail for fives years - and we all know that's not true )

Who, indeed, would want to be a cop. All that aggro for nothing in so many cases.

Yet in the next breath you're defending the rights of Know Nuffinks BLM folk who want to change our culture 8-) ........

StuartO - 2020-06-19 1:22 PM

We might still be able to stem the flow of illegal migration inwards and throw out the ones who've sneaked in but we need to show acceptance and fairness towards everyone else, especially the ones (like the Ghurkas and the Afghans who were our translators etc) who should be included in the Military Covenant. The Windrush Generation too, to whom UK has long been home.

"Fairness" and "acceptance" flew out the window with the disgraceful treatment this government showed toward people from the Windrush scandal who had long considered this country to be their "home", yet were summarily dismissed from their jobs, denied access to healthcare, denied all forms of benefits, not allowed to work, and many dragged from their homes to be taken off to detention centres and locked up in cells for deportation. All Windrush people of course are black.....so why were they specifically targeted? It goes back a long way, even further than May's "hostile environment" which was already there, but her government chose to implement it and went for the easy option to achieve targets. The hostility had long existed. The question is why?

This documentary trawled through archives of various government reports and makes a disturbing watch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00068sk/the-unwanted-the-secret-windrush-files

The other i linked before tells the story of Anthony Bryan. And the same question again.....why? Why did we allow such an act of inhumanity to happen? It's an uncomfortable watch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p08g29ff/sitting-in-limbo

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-06-19 6:30 PM

StuartO - 2020-06-19 1:22 PM

We might still be able to stem the flow of illegal migration inwards and throw out the ones who've sneaked in but we need to show acceptance and fairness towards everyone else, especially the ones (like the Ghurkas and the Afghans who were our translators etc) who should be included in the Military Covenant. The Windrush Generation too, to whom UK has long been home.

"Fairness" and "acceptance" flew out the window with the disgraceful treatment this government showed toward people from the Windrush scandal who had long considered this country to be their "home", yet were summarily dismissed from their jobs, denied access to healthcare, denied all forms of benefits, not allowed to work, and many dragged from their homes to be taken off to detention centres and locked up in cells for deportation. All Windrush people of course are black.....so why were they specifically targeted? It goes back a long way, even further than May's "hostile environment" which was already there, but her government chose to implement it and went for the easy option to achieve targets. The hostility had long existed. The question is why?

This documentary trawled through archives of various government reports and makes a disturbing watch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00068sk/the-unwanted-the-secret-windrush-files

The other i linked before tells the story of Anthony Bryan. And the same question again.....why? Why did we allow such an act of inhumanity to happen? It's an uncomfortable watch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p08g29ff/sitting-in-limbo

Looks like our resident ISO Coconut has logged back on :D ........

It's a shame he dosen't get so hot and bothered about the murders of White farmers in Africa *-) .......

From The Bible ... 70 years or so into this great multicultural experiment and "almost has of respondents" according to The Guardian say Britain is a successful "multicultural society" ... https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/14/multiculturalism-failed-substantial-minority-britons-integration-rivers-blood-enoch-powell ... Wonder if they asked those that live in leafy East Sussex , a sleepy whites only village in Cheshire and a certain other whites only village in North Yorkshire ???

I think that to use the phrase " shot him in the back " is a bit imotive. The guy had resisted being legitimately and reasonably arrested, fought with the policeman, stolen the Tazer and fired it at the policeman and was trying to escape with the stolen Tazer when the officer fired at him. It would be unreasonable to expect the policeman to give chase and run past the felon, who still had the Tazer, and then try to effect his arrest on a face to face basis wouldn't it?

Furthermore I think that there have been a significant number of people who for various reasons have not survived being shot by a Tazer, I think that does make it potentially lethal, and who knows what might be the consequences of one being used by an untrained, inebriated, desperate man in those circumstances, so I believe that he needed to be stopped, and I don't imagine that it was likely that there was any other way the policeman could have stopped him.

AGD

Explain to their religious and other local cultural leaders that they should take the lead in explaining to their people that they need to to build their new lives within the laws of the land they have chosen to live in. There is no point in people like me and you trying to persuade them that they cannot live within their own beliefs and customs in our country when their leaders tell them that they don't need to bother, or even worse tell them that they mustn't. The only way forward will be for all facets of these sometimes dissident groups to work out for their people how they should learn to be valued members of theirs and our society. The government passing laws, or legitimizing positive discriminating is only ever going to create more people who feel that they are being discriminated against, and if you think this antisocial and criminal behaviour by relatively small ethnic groups is a problem, try to imagine the consequences of the overwhelming majority of our society deciding to take matters into their own hands.

AGD

StuartO - 2020-06-19 9:00 PM

Come on guys, stop squabbling or harping on about the past and come up with ideas about making multiculturalism work better in future. That’s what we all need to be doing. You can’t turn back the clock.

"You cant turn back the clock" ... Thats just what a large part of our multicultural society want to do ... Ive just been looking to see how many European countries have made a success of multiculturalism ... I think the figure is .... None

Birdbrain - 2020-06-20 7:29 AM

Come on guys, stop squabbling or harping on about the past and come up with ideas about making multiculturalism work better in future. That’s what we all need to be doing. You can’t turn back the clock.

"You cant turn back the clock" ... Thats just what a large part of our multicultural society want to do ... Ive just been looking to see how many European countries have made a success of multiculturalism ... I think the figure is .... None

I think you are quite incorrect. People have happily mixed. Just because some haven’t doesn’t make it a failure.Who says society want to turn back the clock anyway?

Archiesgrandad - 2020-06-20 12:10 AM

I think that to use the phrase " shot him in the back " is a bit imotive. The guy had resisted being legitimately and reasonably arrested, fought with the policeman, stolen the Tazer and fired it at the policeman and was trying to escape with the stolen Tazer when the officer fired at him. It would be unreasonable to expect the policeman to give chase and run past the felon, who still had the Tazer, and then try to effect his arrest on a face to face basis wouldn't it?

Furthermore I think that there have been a significant number of people who for various reasons have not survived being shot by a Tazer, I think that does make it potentially lethal, and who knows what might be the consequences of one being used by an untrained, inebriated, desperate man in those circumstances, so I believe that he needed to be stopped, and I don't imagine that it was likely that there was any other way the policeman could have stopped him.

AGD

They did shoot him in the back. US cops are too happy to shoot fleeing people. The threat was low from him. Training is poor if it is to shoot in so many situations where other methods could be used. Happens to whites and blacks. Call in more police,use a Taser on him,where was he going to go?

jumpstart - 2020-06-20 7:40 AM

I think you are quite incorrect. People have happily mixed. Just because some haven’t doesn’t make it a failure.Who says society want to turn back the clock anyway?

"People have happily mixed" ... You mean like in Oldham , Bradford , Luton , parts of Glasgow , parts of Birmingham , Huddersfield , halifax , Keighley etc etc etc ... I said part of society

We seem to be hearing a lot from folks about education and educating folk to be tolerant and more understanding of others ... Where were those same folks when cops had to guard teachers for their safety at a school when they tried to educate children to be more tolerant in Birmingham ??? ... Is that different somehow ???

Birdbrain - 2020-06-20 8:01 AM

"People have happily mixed" ... You mean like in Oldham , Bradford , Luton , parts of Glasgow , parts of Birmingham , Huddersfield , halifax , Keighley etc etc etc ... I said part of society

It does work in all the areas you mention, may not work with everyone but generally you are incorrect.

You said large part of society. Don’t think that’s true at all. What’s turning the clock back anyway?

Guest pelmetman

In my experience they mix for a while......then that mix becomes predominantly one group of BAME's :-| .......

There are numerous examples of areas in our towns and cities that have suffered from this subtle ethnic cleansing *-) ......

If I went back to where I was born......I would stick out like a white thumb :D ........

Archived